It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 8:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:15 pm 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
Just get Holmes the hell way from Bernstein......I am tired of the Johnny Carson-Ed McMahon act.
I can listen for all of two minutes.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Curious Hair wrote:
Doesn't sound like Larry to go off on his heterosexual life partner like that, unless he had to sell out Zaidman to impress Dan. I guess "talk about how great Zach Zaidman is" falls below "suck up to Bernstein" but above "make producers see me as a father figure" on the Shake That Priority Chart.

He may very well have been referring to someone else entirely. Either way, I loved the idea of Shake "Matt Forte's A Good Player...I Mean, a Good Player" That criticizing anyone for softballing the Bears.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Answer: Yes it does have legs.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Northside_Dan wrote:
beni hanna wrote:
Bernstein is out over his skis a little on the caddy thing. They do provide an excellent service and a good, knowledgeable caddy can improve a person's score. His original statement is still correct in that a caddy is not the player and Williams said some stupid stuff. To suggest that you can simply flip caddies and player rankings would remain the same is just wrong.

Yea, he's full on hitting coach with them. I compared them to pitching coaches in baseball in the Williams DB Thread which I think is much more apt.

Feherty ways in on some of this. Might be time for another interview and see if Feherty agrees with Mr. Bernstein.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... pologize/1
CBS' David Feherty: No reason for Steve Williams to apologize
CBS' David Feherty, whose interview with ex-Tiger Woods caddie Steve Williams Sunday brought about a brouhaha, says he's "a little upset" that there's been criticism for a caddie being interviewed and he doesn't think Williams needed to apologize for what he said.

Williams, after caddying for tournament winner Adam Scott, said he'd had "the best week" of his life. On whether a caddie should have been interviewed, says Feherty, "don't tell me that wasn't a story. Was it coincidence that he was on the bag when Adam played so extraordinarily well? If you're the best of anything, you have to have an ego. I don't think he needed to apologize. I didn't think it would turn out to be a big deal."

Feherty, as an on-course reporter, continually communicates with caddies -- and sees their work up close. He calls caddies "the lifeblood of the pro game" and says that the relationship between players and caddies "is like a marriage -- you have to work at it." And, he says, it can't be "a shallow relationship." When golfers ask caddies if they've chosen the right club a caddie "has to know whether the player wants an opinion or just wants his opinion confirmed. That's the trick."

Tiger Woods is now using an interim caddie. Feherty figures finding a permanent replacement might take awhile. "It'd be easy to be a yes man with Tiger. For Tiger to find somebody with similar toughness will be difficult. He could go through a couple of caddies." And, he says, it might prove to be part of a broader resurgence: "The Tiger Woods era is not finished. He's more motivated than he's ever been. If he's physically able, we may not have seen the best of him yet."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Curious Hair wrote:
Dave In Champaign wrote:

unless he had to sell out Zaidman to impress Dan.

That shouldn't surprise anyone.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Aggravated Sox Fan Bob wrote:
I am sick and tired of all Bernstein's racial bullshit. He is NOT Black....all of this constant racial bullshit sounds damned condescending to me....When you grow up RICH in Deerfield and matriculate and graduate from Duke University.....YOU DON'T HAVE STREET CRED.
Bernstein has to pick up HIS game...He has been awful for about 5 months....His STATHEAD baseball "analysis", his arrogant idiocy telling people who is and who isn't "an N.B.A. fan" because some didn't want to watch the Heat.....his rooting for The Heat....
Bernstein is a smart as hell talent... and has been entertaining for many years...who is lazy as hell right now.
To expect Holmes to challenge him is like expecting Adam Dunn to "get his numbers".

At first I thought this was Ag Bob letting off some steam. I am sitting here listen to more Tebow talk and Dan's argument with Goff and I have to agree. This talk stating that the crazies are driving the quarterback debate in Denver is way overstating the situation...crazy.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:15 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Just like last year, Bernstein is letting anyone know who's listening in no uncertain terms that the Bears backup QB doesn't matter because if Cutler gets hurt, the season is over.

Of course, if Cutler goes down for 3 games mid-season with a Todd Collins-like backup, a playoff-level season could be ruined by being uncompetitive in those games and knocking a potential 10-win season to an 8-win season. But, keeping dismissing people in a condescending manner, Dan.

Today in transition.
Bernstein wrote:
Backup quarterbacks matter.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:19 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Just like last year, Bernstein is letting anyone know who's listening in no uncertain terms that the Bears backup QB doesn't matter because if Cutler gets hurt, the season is over.

Of course, if Cutler goes down for 3 games mid-season with a Todd Collins-like backup, a playoff-level season could be ruined by being uncompetitive in those games and knocking a potential 10-win season to an 8-win season. But, keeping dismissing people in a condescending manner, Dan.

Today in transition.
Bernstein wrote:
Backup quarterbacks matter.

That is remarkably accurate. I mean, Cutler going down could be guessed but those numbers...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Bernstein is the Jewish Jay Mariotti.