It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
The shitbag hosts at 670 will spend hours prattling on about the latest Bulls game and give maybe 5 minutes to a Hawks game despite the fact more potential listeners in their market spent their evening watching that Hawks game. Hawks have consistently outdrawn the Bulls on CSN since 2012. There is an entire generation of fans coming of age who will have the Hawks as their top winter tenant over the Bulls. 670 offers them nothing

And to deny that baseline coverage of a sport plays a roll in the sport's (or any topic, really) perceived popularity--and thus drives calls for more coverage--is foolish. It's similar to the problem baseball has had for years: are there no nationally transcendent "stars" in the league because players aren't that marketable, or does the MLB and its various media outlets do a piss-poor job of marketing what stars could be?

Recently in this town, there was a show that would happily devote 80%+ of its airtime to a Blackhawks run up to the Cup, and did so for two of them. I think its undeniable that the background level of excitement about a Hawks team leading up to the playoffs has waned, and that is probably a significant result of the show mentioned earlier being off the air.

If you listened to McNeil's podcast he did earlier in the week, he basically said he was directed by the morons who run the station to talk less hockey and talk more NBA. I think that contributed to him turning them down.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermos on 63rd
badrogue17 wrote:
Do you guys really want those two ignorant assholes talking about hockey anyway? There aren't two less knowledgeable people on the sport of hockey at the station than them.

I hear ya, but it's getting that way with any sport they talk about. DRAFT. BETTER. PLAYERS. is a real conversation stopper for a sports talk show.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

It's my hope that, at the very least, Goff thinks that Da Ma Na and myself are better than Donald Trump.

Goff thought we were the worst whites. But I'm hoping with this Trump thing he now realizes we're not that bad.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:12 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
They talk hockey on the radio in Philadelphia just fine, you know. And I'm sure Toronto sports radio doesn't ignore the Maple Leafs so they can jerk off to the Raptors.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:16 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Beardown wrote:
the worst whites

isn't that what you call a load of socks-n-underwear laundry?