It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Julie has paid reads too, and I've had farts that were more eloquent then she generally is ... I couldn't possibly understand what his intent was with bringing up live reads.

Looking for person to read their native language out loud into a microphone ... MENSA members only need apply.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

Herb Lawrence doesn't drive a Range Rover. Nor does he have paid reads. Guess that makes him a "lessor black" in Goff's mind. :roll:

That Goff is something else.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Beardown wrote:
Herb Lawrence doesn't drive a Range Rover. Nor does he have paid reads. Guess that makes him a "lessor black" in Goff's mind. :roll:

Any time someone brags about how much they make it's a bad look, but I can understand why a black dude who makes a good living would want to point it out when some dumb redneck tells him black people are dumb and lazy and tear up their own neighborhoods.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Any time someone brags about how much they make it's a bad look, but I can understand why a black dude who makes a good living would want to point it out when some dumb redneck tells him black people are dumb and lazy and tear up their own neighborhoods.

What would Goff had said to to dumb redneck when he was a lowly producer?

No. Goff is a dumb ass for going this route.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Beardown wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Beardown wrote:

What would Goff had said to to dumb redneck when he was a lowly producer?

No. Goff is a dumb ass for going this route.

Green is a bad look on you my friend.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

Vanity is a bad look on Goff. Especially when it's in the name of fighting racism.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:35 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
You know, this is an interesting thought. Wasn't one show on a station in...Philly, I want to say, busted for having one of their producers call in to do the audio version of blackface? Would it be beyond The Score to produce similar bits that fit in with their overall narrative?

With the way CBS Radio churns through producers and board-ops, there would have to be someone disgruntled enough to pull the curtain on the Score doing fake calls, but everyone who's come and gone says the callers are 100% real.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:07 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
FavreFan wrote:
Beardown wrote:

It's not like the guy said all black people are poor.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

Franky T wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Beardown wrote:

It's not like the guy said all black people are poor.

The attack by the racist white guy wasn't against Goff. Goff made it about himself and bragged about his money. Because Goff makes everything about himself.

His response wasn't the proper way to fight the racist white guy. In fact, it set back the civil rights movement that Goff thinks he's helping. Something Goff often does with his dumb comments.

Goff ain't right.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
Have zero desire to listen to this show. Or LoHo.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

'77Cubs wrote:

Goff: Racist motha fucka!!!!

Larry: That's right!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:50 pm 

Good living is a relative term but a $50k car on a $100k salary should be a mark of shame
And ignorance rather than pride

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
good dolphin wrote:
Good living is a relative term but a $50k car on a $100k salary should be a mark of shame

Gotta be a lease. Living in the city with a 3-year contract north of $100K a year (likely well above that)? A low-mileage lease on a luxury car almost makes the most sense, especially when carting around a newborn.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:

In his defense, he saved a lot of money by not having a wedding with the mother of his child.

Those weddings are at least 100k from what Bernstein told me. His wife charges that for racist white people. If Goff stays engaged long enough, that price will eventually go down.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:08 pm 

The caller was real, imo

It was tame. There was barely any telling in the first 9 minutes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:18 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Mitch to Tweet he's "really proud".

And there's the big problem.

....yeeeah, when the SJW lunacy is enabled from the top....yeah.

Mitch was at the loop when they featured brandmeier, stern, Dahl and Mathews as a lineup. I has to know what is good radio and what is not

I give the guy credit for turning the tide back to local when the station was trending heavily towards national shows. However he is also the guy that first allowed north to break up the golden era of the station and then let Bernstein redefine the entire mission statement

Get bent chunga!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

I think 50k is low. A Range Rover goes for at least 80k. Maybe he bought a used one.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Beardown wrote:
I think 50k is low. A Range Rover goes for at least 80k. Maybe he bought a used one.
p

Nah. That's reasonable for the lower end ones like a discovery sport. A full blown range rover on other hand...

Last edited by Drunk Squirrel on Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:37 pm 

Then he shouldn't be bragging.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East
Beardown wrote:
'77Cubs wrote:

Larry: That's right!!!!

Bernstein: That's right!!!!

FTFY

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:40 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

It seems fairly easy to assume that he's getting the same barter deal as other "celebrities" of this sophomoric burg get

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:59 pm 

pizza_Place: ....
good dolphin wrote:

This.

Dude is a child. A buffoon. A wannabe.

Bernstein is holding back, big time, from saying anything.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

Panther pislA wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

This.

Dude is a child. A buffoon. A wannabe.

Bernstein is holding back, big time, from saying anything.

Absolutely. If an athlete were to say some of the things Goff says, Bernstein would be all over his ass.

Think about how hard he was on Dusty Baker for his racism claims. Think about how he bashes black callers for racist claims and comments.

Bernstein knows this is his partner, he has to make it work, so Goff doesn't get the same treatment. But you can feel Bernstein rolling his eyes and biting his lip after some of Goff's stupid comments.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
My wife and I are on vacation visiting fam in northern IL. Listened to this on the way home from Woodfield Mall. Both agree Jason got a little too excited, and a more articulate dude could have destroyed Chuck in a few sentences.

Chuck's trump card could have been DeKalb, IL. If he would have brought up the gentrification of Cabrini Green to DeKalb, and the extreme jump in crime after that I don't think Jason would have had a response. I doubt Jason has any clue about that tho.

There are shitty people in every race. Wish this show would come to accept that.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:03 am 

pizza_Place: Buck Creek
Really surprised Jason went an entire ten minutes without referencing Letter from Birmingham Jail.

Which letter is more referenced on the show: Letter from Birmingham Jail or Joe Sheehan's newsletter?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:26 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

It seems fairly easy to assume that he's getting the same barter deal as other "celebrities" of this sophomoric burg get

It makes no difference to me what the guy drives but I do not think this is a comp/deal. He might have another deal with a dealer for a different brand but not Land Rover. I think I remember when he bought/leased it he took a lot of heat for acting like a big shooter from Spiegs when they were together.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:28 am 

good dolphin wrote:

I see your point but I am not sure when you last bought. Even a new Chevy Tahoe/Suburban is 60k. Imho I am doing fine and I cannot see how so many families I know are dumping cash on those vehicles.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:30 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
My wife and I are on vacation visiting fam in northern IL. Listened to this on the way home from Woodfield Mall. Both agree Jason got a little too excited, and a more articulate dude could have destroyed Chuck in a few sentences.

Chuck's trump card could have been DeKalb, IL. If he would have brought up the gentrification of Cabrini Green to DeKalb, and the extreme jump in crime after that I don't think Jason would have had a response. I doubt Jason has any clue about that tho.

There are shitty people in every race. Wish this show would come to accept that.

I am missing something. Are you saying they relocated Cabrini residents to DeKalb and now it is bad there?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:55 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Wha happen?

Goff drives a Range Rover.

I'm going down, down, baby, Chicago & Division, in a Range Rover
Street sweeper baby, cocked, ready to let it go
Shimmy, shimmy, cocoa what
Listen to it pound
Light it up and take a puff, pass it to me now

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:18 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
pittmike wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

It makes no difference to me what the guy drives but I do not think this is a comp/deal. He might have another deal with a dealer for a different brand but not Land Rover. I think I remember when he bought/leased it he took a lot of heat for acting like a big shooter from Spiegs when they were together.

IIRC he said he was driving a 370z convertible but I don't remember if he got it on his own or though one of the station's advertisers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next