It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:17 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Not only is everything a fucking diatribe with Jason these days, it's always made of the same parts. He could spill a cup of soup on his crotch and he'd be like "look at all these guys on the text screen who wanna talk about me spilling soup on my pants DAHH LOOKIT DAT GUY HE SPILLED DA SOUP ON HIS PENTS yeah why don't you say what you really mean. Go on and say it. We know that train's never late. Say I'm a bad radio host because I have a crotch full of soup. I bet you think black guys can't even eat soup. Well, we can, and we will, and no one's ever going to stop me from eating and spilling soup. Oh you think Mitch is gonna fire me for this? you think you're gonna report this? We have people taking dumps in the studio and they don't get fired, it's gonna take more than that to get rid of me. Sorry if you don't like it. And yeah you can talk about me spilling soup on my pants all you want but you're gonna go home and think about soup on my pants but I'm gonna go home to my wife and kid and I'm not even gonna think about it one bit. I'm gonna change my pants every day but you're never gonna change your soul."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Their conversation about his child's first birthday party was riveting. I caught that Monday on the way to the airport. I am giving this show every chance to make me laugh and to entertain me. It just feels like a chore.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
denisdman wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
well I guess today will end the artificial boost to 670's ratings. RIP B&G. I bet by next Spring Goff is sent packing

I turned it on an hour or ago based on this thread, and it's meh. They argued with a few callers I'll give it the full listen on my way home from work. Such a shame that ESPN 1000 can't put on a decent program to counter it.

I tried to listen to Waddle & Silvy today but they feel the need to have Jesse Rogers on every hour along with the rest of the Cubs kvetching...Can't Do It. Roe Conn and Anna Davlantes are gun in the mouth radio which leaves me with an AM option of 780 which just reminds me that I want to watch the first couple seasons of Newsradio again.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Jason Goff, just now, was clearly looking at the board on his left screen.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:38 pm 

What up, J!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Curious Hair wrote:
Not only is everything a fucking diatribe with Jason these days, it's always made of the same parts. He could spill a cup of soup on his crotch and he'd be like "look at all these guys on the text screen who wanna talk about me spilling soup on my pants DAHH LOOKIT DAT GUY HE SPILLED DA SOUP ON HIS PENTS yeah why don't you say what you really mean. Go on and say it. We know that train's never late. Say I'm a bad radio host because I have a crotch full of soup. I bet you think black guys can't even eat soup. Well, we can, and we will, and no one's ever going to stop me from eating and spilling soup. Oh you think Mitch is gonna fire me for this? you think you're gonna report this? We have people taking dumps in the studio and they don't get fired, it's gonna take more than that to get rid of me. Sorry if you don't like it. And yeah you can talk about me spilling soup on my pants all you want but you're gonna go home and think about soup on my pants but I'm gonna go home to my wife and kid and I'm not even gonna think about it one bit. I'm gonna change my pants every day but you're never gonna change your soul."

:lol: :lol:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
badrogue17 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

and that's the other thing!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:46 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
Jason Goff, just now, was clearly looking at the board on his left screen.

i always forget about the live thing....

What is up with the hood on man? Take that damn thing off, you look stupid.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:01 pm 

I deserve some free stuff for fighting off the obsessed non listeners.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:20 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
I'd rather read the ramblings about the show from you jamokes than to actually listen to the show.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:18 pm 

pizza_Place: J.B. Alberto's
Curious Hair wrote:

You know, certain people might not be willing to say it, but Joe Maddon let y'all know how he feels 'bout table manners. He had every opportunity- EVERY. OPPERTUNITY- to say that a black man has the right to spill soup on his pants. Did he? No... I hear you. I see where you at, playa. Been the same way in this country for a while now. The napkin goes in yo lap but not the soup.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Coalfire
Terrible show.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:

Then, the next thing you know, all of a sudden... THERE IT IS. (Then non stop giggling)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Goff has become the Corey Patterson of WSCR. Knows he can't hit the high fastball but dammit that is who he is, he's going to make the same out every time either up.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Goff has become the Corey Patterson of WSCR. Knows he can't hit the high fastball but dammit that is who he is, he's going to make the same out every time either up.

That's why he amuses me. I've never met anybody like him. Never seen or heard anybody in media like him. That fucker just "Says stuff". That's the best way to describe him. He just pukes out words on any topic. Sometimes it makes sense. Sometimes it's stupid talk. Sometimes it makes no sense at all.

Plus he's the most arrogant guy you'll ever meet. More so then Bernstein. Bernstein made him this way, though. He's trying to do Bernstein but can't quite pull it off.

He was a good kid at one point. His mother and father raised him well. Then Bernstein got a hold of him and he joined Bernstein's cult.

I'll bet the 19 year old Jason would be shocked to hear the 36 year old Jason. He wouldn't believe that's him.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
It’s interesting that most people on this board, across various threads, seemed to like Jason when he was a producer (myself included). He was really great playing off B&B.

I’m not sure what changed. Either he was faking it back then, or this is schtick, or he has evolved into a SJW.

It’s not fun to listen to, though.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:35 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Heisenberg wrote:
It’s interesting that most people on this board, across various threads, seemed to like Jason when he was a producer (myself included). He was really great playing off B&B.

I’m not sure what changed. Either he was faking it back then, or this is schtick, or he has evolved into a SJW.

probably ego.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:41 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Harry Seaward wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Harry Seaward wrote:
Sweet Jesus. I've not listened in probably a month

^^listened yesterday

Nope, well over a month. Glad to see there are still shit posters like you, idling nearby, waiting to pounce in with "yah, you say you never listen but you ALWAYS listen" nonsense. Get a life, or at least a new schtick. Must be boring, just sitting around policing the forum to post that -- though, I'm sure you just copy/paste it at this point, so at least you're saving those calories, bub.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
That is pretty funny

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

HawaiiYou wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

probably ego.

Certainly ego. But there is a little "Crazy" in Goff that was never exposed as a producer. Ego and crazy is a lethal combination.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
I’m not sure where the ego comes from? He failed in Atlanta, and if Bernstein retired tomorrow, I don’t think Jason could lead a successful show.

I have no idea about the crazy part. There might be some insecurity in there, which he masks with faux outrage and inappropriate laughter.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

Heisenberg wrote:
I’m not sure where the ego comes from? He failed in Atlanta, and if Bernstein retired tomorrow, I don’t think Jason could lead a successful show.

I have no idea about the crazy part. There might be some insecurity in there, which he masks with faux outrage and inappropriate laughter.

The ego comes from the safety net that is Bernstein. Forget Atlanta. He wasn't the way he is now when he was with Spiegel.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:02 pm 

pizza_Place: J.B. Alberto's
HawaiiYou wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

probably ego.

When he was a producer he could pick his spots, and he did so effectively. Now, it seems like he needs to dominate every conversation. It happens pretty regularly that Bernstein is trying to make a quip and Goff just won't pass him the ball. Sometimes he does this thing where he's so amused that he constantly has to interrupt people to illustrate how amused he is. All this shit messes with the flow of the show.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
veganfan21 wrote:
Harry Seaward wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Harry Seaward wrote:
Sweet Jesus. I've not listened in probably a month

^^listened yesterday

Nope, well over a month. Glad to see there are still shit posters like you, idling nearby, waiting to pounce in with "yah, you say you never listen but you ALWAYS listen" nonsense. Get a life, or at least a new schtick. Must be boring, just sitting around policing the forum to post that -- though, I'm sure you just copy/paste it at this point, so at least you're saving those calories, bub.

Tremendous

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

"Ego and Crazy" is also Donald Trump as we all know.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:05 pm 

The hive mind here is strong. Who'd have thought that the majority of posts, over 9 years, are in the forum of a show I used to listen to all the time? Yah, got me good.

Between the "sure you don't listen" and all of the tripping over eachother to giggle at a supposed "gotcha" ... well, as big bad Goff might say: keep it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:19 am 

"you don't have to lose your sense of logic to be a die hard fan"

The fuck you talking about? The implication of die hard fan status is that you continue believing in your team's chance of success beyond the point it was still logical to do so.

I really hope Cub executives were listening in the late 5 o'clock hour yesterday

Last edited by good dolphin on Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:22 am 

good dolphin wrote:

The fuck you talking about? The implication of die hard fan status is that you continue believing in your team's chance of success beyond the point it was still logical to do so.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

You don't find it offensive that the only caller of the day who expressed some semblance of hope was heavily ridiculed by hosts on the flagship station?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:29 am 

GD, I find this show nearly unlistenable. I actually pray for the day we get the actual, non Cubs ratings for BnG. Something needs to change.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next