PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Bob in Niles has just phoned in.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Nas wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
These have been posted on the board before but fit the theme of today's show:

Goff calls out Dan for criticizing black women's butts among other things, then Dan mentions he loves Megan Glaros but her giant cans distract him from what she is saying. Goff and Terry chastise him for that a little bit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUW6_5W_c8I

Dan saying Denise Richards is lucky she is easy on the eyes, only good for sex but is old now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3T-qk9XRsI

Dan goes off on the Spice Channel for having too many fat women with C-section scars ... Terry found it enjoyable in a so bad it's good way. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqAZJjSjZF0

I know we want to play gotcha, but there is nothing wrong with men talking about the looks of women celebrities on air or privately about the looks of coworkers. When you're locking doors, assaulting, raping, intimidating, putting your dick on their shoulders or firiing women who won't play ball it is different.

In today's society, all it takes is for one employee who hears those comments to complain to management, saying talking about a woman's appearance makes them feel uncomfortable.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:46 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Don Tiny wrote:

What are his thoughts on all this sexual harassment?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Franky T wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

What are his thoughts on all this sexual harassment?

"I liked it."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:00 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Don Tiny wrote:

I’m sure that made the show.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:41 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
So Dan used to only speak of Megan Glaros boobs, but then one day Leery told him that her husband was built like a Spartan, and Dan got all confused and concerned, and that is when he immediately stopped talking about, or bringing her up ever, again. It was not because he "evolved", but because he was afraid he was going to get his ass kicked by a spartan. His evolution is nothing more than him not wanting to get destroyed by a better man.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:51 pm 

Nas wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Goff calls out Dan for criticizing black women's butts among other things, then Dan mentions he loves Megan Glaros but her giant cans distract him from what she is saying. Goff and Terry chastise him for that a little bit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUW6_5W_c8I

Dan saying Denise Richards is lucky she is easy on the eyes, only good for sex but is old now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3T-qk9XRsI

Dan goes off on the Spice Channel for having too many fat women with C-section scars ... Terry found it enjoyable in a so bad it's good way. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqAZJjSjZF0

I know we want to play gotcha, but there is nothing wrong with men talking about the looks of women celebrities on air or privately about the looks of coworkers. When you're locking doors, assaulting, raping, intimidating, putting your dick on their shoulders or firiing women who won't play ball it is different.

Minus the assault and rape stuff, context still matters. And context is another one of our 21st century failings. Joe Rogan's podcast has touched a few times on facts about the Louis CK stuff that has not been reported. Comics in that community are all kind of scratching their heads because these women never had a problem with it before and they never even hinted at it being a strong-arm kind of situation because he wasn't any more famous than they were at that time. He asked everyone to see his dick and watch him jerk off. They agreed and used to talk about it openly. It was a perverted joke within a community of perverts. The women are no less perverted according to the people in that stand-up comic community.

I think that once we get out of our comfort zone in the West and go see the actual world that most people are living in you see a lot of the human animal and human condition that we in the West like to bury under heaps of disingenuous understandings that have now become ingrained into our culture. I tend to approach everything with that at least partially shaping my understanding of things involving humans.

Compared to older generations, 21st century human beings show a lack of understanding of basic concepts let alone those of how the sexes relate to one another in competitive environments like the workplace. Hollywood and most other media is both competitive and sexually charged. But Hollywood specifically is place where men and women have sold sex for the chance at fame and fortune. Clark Gable married an older woman who had Hollywood connections but was not taken seriously in their social circles that she desperately wanted to be in. The level of personal responsibility (another idea we no longer adhere to) in taking her up on that proposal is no different than taking Harvey Weinstein up on sex for a role. If he then engaged in criminal actions, even rape, then he should be in prison. And while it is a massively awful situation to be a victim first and then need to enter into the criminal court process to get justice, the reaction from the far-left is legitimizing and excusing victims not doing this. That cannot happen. The reaction should be the complete opposite. All we have is the justice system, or witch hunts. And the former has been the reasonable way we deal with these things since at least ancient Greece. Not perfect. Nothing we do is.

What worries me the most is there are very few people willing or able to properly explain this stuff and even less willing to turn to the data to prove the truth. In an age of misinformation and disinformation the answers, or at least the beginning of a reasonable debate lies in the data. Im less worried about Russian bots than the inability for the arbiters of information and narratives to do their jobs anymore. People are seemingly getting stupider by the minute and the media keeps telling us how close they are to being ineffective because they are being undermined by Donald Fucking Trump. 25 years ago when I first began watching news I would see CNN and wonder what the fuck that was. It might have had less shit flying around on the screen but it was a poor excuse for news even then. The media in this country has sucked since the great newsmen left and all the world bureaus closed. The drive for profit over substance or nuance, or even honesty, started long before the internet.

- Dan Bernstein, 2016

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:14 am 

mrgoodkat wrote:
Nas wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Minus the assault and rape stuff, context still matters. And context is another one of our 21st century failings. Joe Rogan's podcast has touched a few times on facts about the Louis CK stuff that has not been reported. Comics in that community are all kind of scratching their heads because these women never had a problem with it before and they never even hinted at it being a strong-arm kind of situation because he wasn't any more famous than they were at that time. He asked everyone to see his dick and watch him jerk off. They agreed and used to talk about it openly. It was a perverted joke within a community of perverts. The women are no less perverted according to the people in that stand-up comic community.

I think that once we get out of our comfort zone in the West and go see the actual world that most people are living in you see a lot of the human animal and human condition that we in the West like to bury under heaps of disingenuous understandings that have now become ingrained into our culture. I tend to approach everything with that at least partially shaping my understanding of things involving humans.

Compared to older generations, 21st century human beings show a lack of understanding of basic concepts let alone those of how the sexes relate to one another in competitive environments like the workplace. Hollywood and most other media is both competitive and sexually charged. But Hollywood specifically is place where men and women have sold sex for the chance at fame and fortune. Clark Gable married an older woman who had Hollywood connections but was not taken seriously in their social circles that she desperately wanted to be in. The level of personal responsibility (another idea we no longer adhere to) in taking her up on that proposal is no different than taking Harvey Weinstein up on sex for a role. If he then engaged in criminal actions, even rape, then he should be in prison. And while it is a massively awful situation to be a victim first and then need to enter into the criminal court process to get justice, the reaction from the far-left is legitimizing and excusing victims not doing this. That cannot happen. The reaction should be the complete opposite. All we have is the justice system, or witch hunts. And the former has been the reasonable way we deal with these things since at least ancient Greece. Not perfect. Nothing we do is.

What worries me the most is there are very few people willing or able to properly explain this stuff and even less willing to turn to the data to prove the truth. In an age of misinformation and disinformation the answers, or at least the beginning of a reasonable debate lies in the data. Im less worried about Russian bots than the inability for the arbiters of information and narratives to do their jobs anymore. People are seemingly getting stupider by the minute and the media keeps telling us how close they are to being ineffective because they are being undermined by Donald Fucking Trump. 25 years ago when I first began watching news I would see CNN and wonder what the fuck that was. It might have had less shit flying around on the screen but it was a poor excuse for news even then. The media in this country has sucked since the great newsmen left and all the world bureaus closed. The drive for profit over substance or nuance, or even honesty, started long before the internet.