It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 1:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:11 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
They have a mascot or some such thing now. You know, for the kids.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Curious Hair wrote:
Dave In Champaign wrote:
hahaha stupid Cubs can't even monetize properly

What did they fail to monetize now?

They put up billboards! And one of them mentions a ring! Which they're not going to win because haha they suck! What's next, a mascot??? How mortifying!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:13 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
SpiralStairs wrote:

Aw, son of a bitch. I hope it's an abject failure.

So what did Dan say? That it's a bad idea because the anthropomorphic bear's "team uniform" isn't covered in advertisements?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
they're already renouncing their love for Trestman...could a renouncement of Theo be far behind? They're really going to regret getting behind Theo so blindly.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
City of Fools wrote:
they're already renouncing their love for Trestman....

did they say why?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:32 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

Aw, son of a bitch. I hope it's an abject failure.

So what did Dan say? That it's a bad idea because the anthropomorphic bear's "team uniform" isn't covered in advertisements?

He had a rather lukewarm reaction to it. Drinky in typical Drinky fashion thought it would be hilarious to have an anthropomorphic Kerry Woods mascot. That suggestion was met with crickets.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:35 pm 

HEY DAN DAN DAN HEY DAN HEY HEY DAN HEY DAN HEY DAN DAN WHAT IF THE MASCOT WAS SOME GUY DAN IN HEY DAN A GIANT KERRY WOOD SUIT DAN HEY. AND THEN HEY DAN WHAT IF DAN IT WAS ACTUALLY HEY KERRY WOOD HEY DAN IN THE KERRY WOOD SUIT??? HEY DAN. DAN.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:22 pm 

Dave In Champaign wrote:
HEY DAN DAN DAN HEY DAN HEY HEY DAN HEY DAN HEY DAN DAN WHAT IF THE MASCOT WAS SOME GUY DAN IN HEY DAN A GIANT KERRY WOOD SUIT DAN HEY. AND THEN HEY DAN WHAT IF DAN IT WAS ACTUALLY HEY KERRY WOOD HEY DAN IN THE KERRY WOOD SUIT??? HEY DAN. DAN.

I didn't listen to the program today but this reads like one of Matt's loud unfunny interjections that have become a staple of the show since Goff left.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:30 pm 

Zizou wrote:
Dave In Champaign wrote:

I didn't listen to the program today but this reads like one of Matt's loud unfunny interjections that have become a staple of the show since Goff left.

I remember a time, oh about six months ago or more where Drinky would get combative with Bernstein on multiple occasions. WTF happened??

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:32 pm 

I listened to the two idiot callers from early on today and sure enough, that same stupid bit again.

Hey Dan.

Dan.

Dan.

Hey.

Hey Dan.

Hey.

Can you read Derrick Rose's mind?

Dan.

Hey Dan.

NO YOU CAN'T. Haha, we sure got him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:25 am 

City of Fools wrote:
They're really going to regret getting behind Theo so blindly.

How is it blindly? and why is it doomed to regret?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:42 am 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
I listened to the two idiot callers from early on today and sure enough, that same stupid bit again.

Hey Dan.

Dan.

Dan.

Hey.

Hey Dan.

Hey.

Dan.

Hey Dan.

NO YOU CAN'T. Haha, we sure got him.

They need to turn Drinky's mic off ala Linda McCartney and just let him think he's contributing witty thoughts to the show. I'm embarrassed for him at this point.

Let's do it for Johnny!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Dallas Winston wrote:
They need to turn Drinky's mic off ala Linda McCartney and just let him think he's contributing witty thoughts to the show. I'm embarrassed for him at this point.

Yeah, it really is embarrassing to listen to. I couldnt believe that drinky was voted funnier than Finfer in this poll, viewtopic.php?f=21&t=74963

I know Finfer isn't really that funny, but he's also not cringe-worthy, like drinky is.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:55 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Dallas Winston wrote:

Yeah, it really is embarrassing to listen to. I couldnt believe that drinky was voted funnier than Finfer in this poll, viewtopic.php?f=21&t=74963

I know Finfer isn't really that funny, but he's also not cringe-worthy, like drinky is.

I used to love Finfer. Then Twitter happened and he thought he could pump out like 30 jokes a day and it was awful.

He's good, when he's judicious

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
rogers park bryan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Dallas Winston wrote:

I used to love Finfer. Then Twitter happened and he thought he could pump out like 30 jokes a day and it was awful.

He's good, when he's judicious

Yeah, I think it was you that posted a bunch of his tweets on here. I do remember them being particularly awful, but Im not on twitter anymore and I think he's decent on air.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:56 pm 

I don't really do twitter, so I never had the backlash against Finfer that everyone else did. He's enjoyable when he chips in. So was Matt, until he adopted this strange act of being Dan's breathless toady.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:36 pm 

Dallas Winston wrote:
They need to turn Drinky's mic off ala Linda McCartney

:lol: :lol: I still remember when Steve and Garry would play that tape of Linda McCartney in concert singing Hey Jude into a separate mic. :lol: :lol:

NA NA NAAAA NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW HEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYY JUUUUUUUUUUU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

24_Guy wrote:
Dallas Winston wrote:

:lol: :lol: I still remember when Steve and Garry would play that tape of Linda McCartney in concert singing Hey Jude into a separate mic. :lol: :lol:

NA NA NAAAA NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW HEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYY JUUUUUUUUUUU

Yeah that was great. :lol:

Let's do it for Johnny!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Dallas Winston wrote:
24_Guy wrote:
Dallas Winston wrote:

Yeah that was great. :lol:

Is this it? Reminds of the "Stand beside me/her" from B&B.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoH9zP_n_g0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:46 pm 

Yep that's it! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:51 pm 

Wrong thread. Weeeeeeeeee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:49 am 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Whole lotta nothin' going on in that column:

Dan Bernstein wrote:
"It was argued months ago in this space that Rose not feel pressured to get back to the court, and that missing the entire season would be just fine if it meant a higher likelihood that he would regain his previous form."

So at least he remembers he said this.

Dan Bernstein wrote:
"I still feel that way: if there are real, medical reasons for this three-week delay from the time he was cleared until now, I would understand why he’s refusing to heed the team doctor’s orders."

"I feel the same about Rose as I always have, but not really because I'm qualifying that statement now."

Dan Bernstein wrote:
"It is possible that he has been otherwise advised by an independent orthopedist that he should deviate from the original plan.
Anything short of that, however, leads me to the conclusion that he is fearful of this stage, unwilling to make the critical leap of faith that is choosing to resume his NBA career with less than full confidence in what his body can do."

"I'm incredulous about what Rose and his camp are telling us, but it is possible he's not entirely full of shit."

Dan Bernstein wrote:
"His trepidation is completely understandable, as he confronts profound questions regarding his professional identity and future."

"Even though I sorta just backhandedly called Rose to the carpet for maybe not listening to the smart doctor people let's remember that he did tear his ACL and that's going to mess anyone up mentally."

Dan Bernstein wrote:
"Still, we can only view any of this based on what we know, and at the moment we know this: the doctors are saying it’s time for Rose to accelerate his healing by hitting the floor, neatly summed up by Cole with “You have to play to play.” Nobody expects him to be himself, yet. In fact, he isn’t supposed to be."

"But yeah, the doctors have said that Rose is fine so he should probably be playing."

Dan Bernstein wrote:
"Derrick Rose had been a model patient, working diligently with doctors and trainers for ten months to restore his abilities. His other employer, Adidas, has marketed his rehab through a series of stylized, portentous videos at various points in the process.

Now, he’s chosen to shut the process down."

"Derrick has worked really hard but has stopped listening to the smart doctor people for a reason that I don't know about."

Dan Bernstein wrote:
"There could be a change in his diagnosis based on new, different medical information, which might be a logical explanation for his behavior – the only reason, truly, to not heed Cole’s advice."

"But seriously, Derrick might really be hurt because the only reason not to listen to a smart doctor person is if some other smarter doctor person tells you something different."

Dan Bernstein wrote:
"It would be an important thing to learn at this point, since the only challenge for Derrick Rose that could prove more unforgiving than the basketball court is a comeback to the court of public opinion."

"Derrick better cut this shit soon because Q ratings."

Man. Effort posting was hard work.