It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 46  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:41 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Yes, his sexist comments that will be linked to him forever will definitely have bearing on his future.
Example please. What do you predict he loses out on?

I dont know what he'll lose on.

Maybe he wont be used as a source or passed over for an interview. Maybe some people who donated to his charity will have second thoughts. Maybe his next deal with The Score wont be as great because he's got just a little less leverage.

Im not saying his career is going to be severely negatively affected (thought it's certainly possible and dismissing it would be crazy) but I believe the public perception of a media person matters and his took a big hit. If you disagree, cool.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:41 pm 

Reared on the Score wrote:
:lol: this is how you craft your arguments?
rpb is making the argument that it will have a bearing on his future. I want to have an example.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
rogers park bryan wrote:

Chus wrote:
Those hoping to see Bernstien's kids homeless, will have to wait.

Just want to point out, I was nowhere near any of that.

I wasn't implying that you were. They know who they are.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:44 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Yes, his sexist comments that will be linked to him forever will definitely have bearing on his future.
Example please. What do you predict he loses out on?

Right, if I cant predict exactly what will happen, then that means nothing will happen.

Also, if we dont hear about it, then nothing happened.

rogers park bryan wrote:
Maybe he wont be used as a source or passed over for an interview. Maybe some people who donated to his charity will have second thoughts. Maybe his next deal with The Score wont be as great because he's got just a little less leverage.
So not much then. It's Monday, and this has already blown over. You think in a year from now anyone will even care?
rogers park bryan wrote:
Im not saying his career is going to be severely negatively affected (thought it's certainly possible and dismissing it would be crazy) but I believe the public perception of a media person matters and his took a big hit. If you disagree, cool.
I do.

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rpb is making the argument that it will have a bearing on his future. I want to have an example.

hear that RPB? Don't just get one, but both a time machine and omniscience in radio job placement and negotiations. Then don't do the equivalent of killing young Hitler (letting Mike North take over mornings), instead come talk to Rick again to settle this internet argument.

*new LoHo section * mods learn how to merge topics * allow mods to be added to foes list * move fragility topics from DB/Shoutouts to Politics *

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:45 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Right, if I cant predict exactly what will happen, then that means nothing will happen.

You are saying it will hurt his career. I want an example of what would happen that would cause that. The only meaningful offer is that The Score may lowball him on his next deal.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:48 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
So not much then. It's Monday, and this has already blown over. You think in a year from now anyone will even care?

You think affecting future salary = "not much"

I disagree.

And I dont believe it's blown over either. Aiyana Cristal's comments are being shared a lot today and there are still news segments and articles being written.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:48 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

You are saying it will hurt his career. I want an example of what would happen that would cause that. The only meaningful offer is that The Score may lowball him on his next deal.

He'll never be on Kaplan's TV show, and is missing out on $50 gift certificates to Maggiano's.

*new LoHo section * mods learn how to merge topics * allow mods to be added to foes list * move fragility topics from DB/Shoutouts to Politics *

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
rogers park bryan wrote:
spmack wrote:
RPB won't be happy until it reaches 50 pages. He'll figured out some way of dragging it on.

You pushed this more than I did, so you should probably look in the mirror.

Ive actually spoken out AGAINST the weird quest to get him in trouble this thread took. Did you?

Come on now, don't act like you're not sitting back thinking "Yes, I created one of the top threads ever!".

And I agree, some of it is weird. But I don't think either one of us have contributed to the weirdness.

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

No, that's not it.

It could have a lot of effect.

The best part about this, is that if it were someone else, Bernstein would be screaming at Rick that this will follow him forever. (I understand that doesnt make it so, but its kinda funny)

Anyway, I have entered the "care too much" zone for CSFMB for the day, so enjoy your day. We'll have to agree to disagree.

rogers park bryan wrote:

I disagree.
Bernstein will simply say "no, pay me more". What are they going to do? Spiegs and Goff in the afternoon?

rogers park bryan wrote:
And I dont believe it's blown over either. Aiyana Cristal's comments are being shared a lot today and there are still news segments and articles being written.
News segments today? :lol: Is it the lead story on the NBC news?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:52 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

He'll never be on Kaplan's TV show, and is missing out on $50 gift certificates to Maggiano's.

Definitely a big deal to the Shep's and Jay-Z's of the Score. They're probably the ones most pissed at Bernstein for CSN banning The Score for a bit. But they're too small time to say anything about it which is why Loho did it.

And give me back my login, Beardown! :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I disagree.

You really think this is going to negatively impact Bernstein's future salary?

That seems pretty crazy.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:05 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I disagree.

Next Bulls game on CSN is Wednesday. I've heard Stacey King takes a keen interest in Aiyana's reports, maybe he'll say something, heh.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

There was a game a couple of weeks ago where Stacy was flirting with her. He obviously wants to bang her.

So he's gonna use this opportunity. He'll defend her on the air and rip Bernstein. He'll think that will give him a better chance with her.

But Stacy is like 400 pounds and much older than her. So she doesn't have any interest in him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:11 pm 

Beardown wrote:
There was a game a couple of weeks ago where Stacy was flirting with her. He obviously wants to bang her.

Was that when she was wearing the "Solid Gold" outfit?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

I don't remember.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:41 pm 
Site Admin

spmack wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Why were you checking out her outfit instead of listening to her scintillating Bulls report?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:46 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
spmack wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Why were you checking out her outfit instead of listening to her scintillating Bulls report?

I was wondering why she was wearing something so bright and shiny, but then Stacey mentioned that it was Motown Night or something.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:47 pm 

pizza_Place: anywhere but Jet's
Tall Midget wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I disagree.

You really think this is going to negatively impact Bernstein's future salary?

That seems pretty crazy.

Not that crazy. The effect may be marginal, but enough to make Bernstein's voice shaky during his apology. He knows it has affected his leverage next time contract negotiations come around.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
I think JORR said Dan will just side with management anyway at his next negotiations, so it may not matter to his salary.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:48 pm 

Luke Stuckenhymer wrote:
Not that crazy. The effect may be marginal, but enough to make Bernstein's voice shaky during his apology. He knows it has affected his leverage next time contract negotiations come around.

So instead of 500k, he only makes 495k? What will he do?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Luke Stuckenhymer wrote:

Huh? You're drawing a connection between Bernstein's "shaky" voice and his leverage in contract negotiations? Now that's crazy.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:55 pm 

Bruce Wolf chimes in!

:lol:

Quote:
Bruce Wolf ‏@BruceWolfChi 8m8 minutes ago
53 Fulbright scholars have won Nobel Prizes, but only one scholar has had her breasts talked about in public. @dan_bernstein @mattspiegel670

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Tall Midget wrote:
Luke Stuckenhymer wrote:

Huh? You're drawing a connection between Bernstein's "shaky" voice and his leverage in contract negotiations? Now that's crazy.

That mult doesn't even register on Bernsteinboobs.com.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Cali Za Kitchen
Tall Midget wrote:
Luke Stuckenhymer wrote:

Quit ruining the fucking narrative. Bernstein will never have his solo political show after this mishap.

FACT.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Cali Za Kitchen
BTW have there been more reputation.com commercials today or am I imagining it? Weird timing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:59 pm 

And I love the picture that AWJ Chicago is using:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Did anyone else catch the remark that Rozner made to Matty & Goff about Berns? Matty was talking about how Dan was on vacation Friday & went to Cali for a wedding, & Rozner says "Vacation? Is that what they're calling it"?

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 46  Next