It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: shut the fuck up dan
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Every podcast option looked to be hosts discussing the riots no reason to listen for next several weeks.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Gigio’s
BigW72 wrote:
60 seconds today...tops. Truly awful radio. I had to PTFB

Yup

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:33 am 
1000 CLUB

Clawmaster wrote:
Every podcast option looked to be hosts discussing the riots no reason to listen for next several weeks.

There isn't much to talk about in sports, but I know I don't want sports radio hosts posing as social warriors experts lecturing white people. What a joke that station has become.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:40 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
BD wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

There isn't much to talk about in sports, but I know I don't want sports radio hosts posing as social warriors experts lecturing white people. What a joke that station has become.

I tried a dozen shows yesterday and the day before..all of them are talking social issues or politics. Unlistenable..stick to sports or put somebody on who will stick to sports. There are hundreds of channels to hear that shit if I wanted to hear it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:01 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
312player wrote:
BD wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

I tried a dozen shows yesterday and the day before..all of them are talking social issues or politics. Unlistenable..stick to sports or put somebody on who will stick to sports. There are hundreds of channels to hear that shit if I wanted to hear it.

if you want to bury your head in the sand then i'd suggest spotify or your music streaming service of choice for the next couple of weeks although even those are honoring goerge floyd so i dunno. dig up your old mix tapes?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:09 am 

billypootons wrote:
312player wrote:
BD wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

if you want to bury your head in the sand then i'd suggest spotify or your music streaming service of choice for the next couple of weeks although even those are honoring goerge floyd so i dunno. dig up your old mix tapes?

The Property Brothers had a great discussion on race relations but I didn't find Nicole Curtis' views to my liking.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
billypootons wrote:
312player wrote:
BD wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Bury your head? Can watch it all live on any cable news channel what is anyone gonna learn by listening to a sports talk radio host tell you what you should think about what you watched happen live with your own eyes?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:30 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati’s
Clawmaster wrote:
billypootons wrote:
312player wrote:
BD wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Bury your head? Can watch it all live on any cable news channel what is anyone gonna learn by listening to a sports talk radio host tell you what you should think about what you watched happen live with your own eyes?

Do the letters PTFB mean anything to you?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
B Mac wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
billypootons wrote:
312player wrote:
BD wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Do the letters PTFB mean anything to you?

No kidding.

There was no question what the content of WSCR would be this week. To listen anyway and then complain...well it makes no sense. Even the broader complaints of the media dictating the narrative dont really apply since its hard to get less relevant than an AM radio sports talk station when there are no sports to talk about.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:09 pm 

Pretty sure if sports radio existed in the summer of 68 you’d have heard more about assassinations, riots and protests than Jim Dooleys first training camp, why the Sox couldn’t build on 67, and if the Cubs could capitalize on a promising nucleus with division play coming next year. Some things are just more important. There are also no sports to talk about

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:48 am 

pizza_Place: Tafdes
I think Dan would rather talk about this than sports anyway. REAL.IMPORTANT.RADIO

DO.AS.I.SAY.NOT.AS.I.DO.

#Wildabeasts
#wangwhippers

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:58 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I feel for these hosts stretching to come up with content. Parkins and Mac were talking about younger people being addicted to their phone screens. All fine until Parkins said his four month old is attracted to the tv light.

I am done with that show. Listeners are going to deal with his worthless and boring stories about infant Parkins for years to come. That coupled with lazy Mac makes for a terrible listen.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Brees must be run out of the league today.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: The Hut
McNeil was the last reason for listening to that station, and he is so far gone down the pussy hole now, he can go fuck himself.

Bernstein and Parkins are basically the white hippie woman yelling at the African Woman and the people cleaning the graffiti off of the walls. Fuck them.

People: It is perfectly Okay to be exactly who you are, and you don't owe anybody a damn thing. Do good deeds if you feel like doing them. If you don't, just fuck off in your own corner and try to enjoy your life without harming someone else's. Its pretty simple.

Election 2020-The Largest Fraud in the History of Mankind.

*If you believe that Biden won, you also believe that Epstein killed himself*

Last edited by Pres-Elect FukNuggitt on Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:07 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Clawmaster wrote:
Most shows are boring as hell, just a rehash of the same tired team approved takes.

Wednesday Hour 1- Bernstein went at Ricketts hard over MLB and the Cubs finances. Then Fangraph's Craig Edwards provided further details on MLB revenue. That was some great radio and definitely not a team-approved take. I can't imagine that a show on the Cubs radio broadcast host going that hard at the team chairman was received very well.

And for those of you complaining about the George Floyd and the Black Lives Matter talk on the Score, what do you expect? There's no sports and it is a huge national story that affects all of us and notably black athletes. Instead of complaining about it, just don't listen. I'm selecting segments that are talking about sports and catching up on old podcasts. It's not that hard.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:14 am 

OldSchoolScoreFan wrote:
Pretty sure if sports radio existed in the summer of 68 you’d have heard more about assassinations, riots and protests than Jim Dooleys first training camp, why the Sox couldn’t build on 67, and if the Cubs could capitalize on a promising nucleus with division play coming next year. Some things are just more important. There are also no sports to talk about

I remember a great episode of the car show on NPR where click and clack took the hour to discuss their thoughts on the escalation in Vietnam

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:12 am 
1000 CLUB

Clawmaster wrote:
billypootons wrote:
312player wrote:
BD wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Bury your head? Can watch it all live on any cable news channel what is anyone gonna learn by listening to a sports talk radio host tell you what you should think about what you watched happen live with your own eyes?[/e]

I watch as much cable news (mainly CNN) as anyone. I get plenty of left wing talk from those shows every hour of every day. Again, I get the Score doesn't have much to talk about these days, but that doesn't mean that I care what Bernstein, Parkins or whomever, who all have the exact same opinions on every topic, are saying. Doesn't mean I won't hear some of it, but don't care for their opinions on topics like this - having a microphone doesn't make you an authority or smart. Bernstein proves that every day.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:26 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
OldSchoolScoreFan wrote:

I remember a great episode of the car show on NPR where click and clack took the hour to discuss their thoughts on the escalation in Vietnam

Wasn't the whole premise of Car Talk that the auto-repair content was only there as a launchpad to talk about anything else? I think they actually did do a show like that about Iraq.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:46 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
DAC wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Most shows are boring as hell, just a rehash of the same tired team approved takes.

Wednesday Hour 1- Bernstein went at Ricketts hard over MLB and the Cubs finances. Then Fangraph's Craig Edwards provided further details on MLB revenue. That was some great radio and definitely not a team-approved take. I can't imagine that a show on the Cubs radio broadcast host going that hard at the team chairman was received very well.

And for those of you complaining about the George Floyd and the Black Lives Matter talk on the Score, what do you expect? There's no sports and it is a huge national story that affects all of us and notably black athletes. Instead of complaining about it, just don't listen. I'm selecting segments that are talking about sports and catching up on old podcasts. It's not that hard.

Yeah I don’t listen. This long break from what has become a tired radio station is great.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:58 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
billypootons wrote:
312player wrote:
BD wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

It's not about burying my head, I see the shit every day. 2 cars on my block were destroyed. Bricks were thrown through a neighbors picture window. I don't want to hear sports talk radio dopes preaching anything. Stick to sports or get somebody who can.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I think the sports people were able to stop the bleeding when they went full sjw because the kneeling protests stopped. However, despite the fact that there is little to discuss about sports currently, in the long term anytime they go pro-leftist protesters they will find their audience leaving. It's actually quite sad they would sacrifice the audience for wokeness.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
312player wrote:
billypootons wrote:

It's not about burying my head, I see the shit every day. 2 cars on my block were destroyed. Bricks were thrown through a neighbors picture window. I don't want to hear sports talk radio dopes preaching anything. Stick to sports or get somebody who can.

So what. Im sure they have insurance.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:13 am 

Far be it from me to know what happens in big time college football. I am not even sure about medium time football. Can someone white board for me why the days of discussion of coaches following the previous week's serious matters of race etc? I can't make the connection between cops killing black young men and football coaching talented young (many are) black men.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:54 am 

Today's beginning salvo was a diatribe on Nascar finally outlawing the confederate flag and then drawing in a call or two to lead into calling them racists.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:52 am 

pittmike wrote:
Today's beginning salvo was a diatribe on Nascar finally outlawing the confederate flag and then drawing in a call or two to lead into calling them racists.

It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
I watched Dukes of Hazzard last night as a form of silent protest against NASCAR.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:45 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
I watched Dukes of Hazzard last night as a form of silent protest against NASCAR.

It's too bad the confederacy fought to defend owning slaves because they had a really good design for a flag. Is there another nation flag that uses orange so well as its primary color? Nazis had the same problem but they had Hugo Boss consulting for them. The traitors just came up with it out of their own country bumpkin minds

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:59 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
good dolphin wrote:
Is there another nation flag that uses orange so well as its primary color?

Isn't the Confederate battle flag red? Maybe I'm color blind. The General Lee was orange. The flag is red.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Isn't the Confederate battle flag red? Maybe I'm color blind. The General Lee was orange. The flag is red.

I think so.. he’s also overlooking Illini nation.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Yes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next