It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 9:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
The days of big money for local hacks at the Score are over with the national programming. If Rome has a slot, thats less money for local talent in the budget. Mac is lucky that Bernsies contract came up at the bad time.

Plus who says Fatpants goes with Mac? Heavy Fuel Crew reunion, and let Fatpants do the filler 2 hours in midday.

Jim Rome does have a slot...on the new CBS Sports Radio Network middays 11A-2P (CT), but it's unclear how much CBS Sports Radio programming will supplant Yahoo! Sports Radio on The SCORE weekends. The new sports radio network officially debuts Wednesday, but I know as much now as I did a few weeks ago. In plain English, I don't.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

Seacrest wrote:
Beardown wrote:
I think somebody here said that those negotiations, while North eventually turned down an offer, were basically a force out. They showed no confidence in him, offered him a one year deal at a big pay cut and probably weren't gonna extend him after that. Zim probably knew a fool like North would walk and that's what he wanted him to do all along. A passive aggressive firing, if you will.

He played North against North. He banked on North being stupid. Cuz he knew he was stupid.

Yeah, that's pretty much how it went.

Mike was guaranteed the first 13 weeks of his contract. And nothing else. Mike North's fucking of himself has gone down in radio history like the Lou Brock trade did in baseball.

Shortly after Mike left radio ratings went from a written diary, to the more accurate electronic style of tracking listeners. North's ratings would have risen instantaneously with the first book.

North made Zimmerman a radio legend for what he pulled off.

Ok. You seem to know how it went down. Only 13 weeks guarenteed? That sounds like Zim was just buying himself time to find North's replacement.

Don't think for one second that Zimmerman doesn't proudly tell this story at CBS corporate functions. Have a big laugh over it while sipping on a martini. "I knew that dumb ass would eventually just fall on his sword, Mr. Moonvest. The size of his ego was only matched by his stupidity. I knew he'd walk." That type of thing. Don't think these things don't help him with his bosses who are always looking for ruthless, shrewd execs to help them cut costs.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:35 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Beardown wrote:
I think somebody here said that those negotiations, while North eventually turned down an offer, were basically a force out. They showed no confidence in him, offered him a one year deal at a big pay cut and probably weren't gonna extend him after that. Zim probably knew a fool like North would walk and that's what he wanted him to do all along. A passive aggressive firing, if you will.

He played North against North. He banked on North being stupid. Cuz he knew he was stupid.

Yeah, that's pretty much how it went.

Mike was guaranteed the first 13 weeks of his contract. And nothing else. Mike North's fucking of himself has gone down in radio history like the Lou Brock trade did in baseball.

Shortly after Mike left radio ratings went from a written diary, to the more accurate electronic style of tracking listeners. North's ratings would have risen instantaneously with the first book.

North made Zimmerman a radio legend for what he pulled off.

Ok. You seem to know how it went down. Only 13 weeks guarenteed? That sounds like Zim was just buying himself time to find North's replacement.

Don't think for one second that Zimmerman doesn't proudly tell this story at CBS corporate functions. Have a big laugh over it while sipping on a martini. "I knew that dumb ass would eventually just fall on his sword, Mr. Moonvest. The size of his ego was only matched by his stupidity. I knew he'd walk." That type of thing. Don't think these things don't help him with his bosses who are always looking for ruthless, shrewd execs to help them cut costs.

Mr. Moonvest? That's not his name. It's Les Moonves, and he's the really BIG boss at CBS Corporation. The same Les that actually suspended Howard Stern when he used his former radio show as a shameless plug for Sirius/XM Satellite Radio before Stern signed off in 2005.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
SHARK wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
The days of big money for local hacks at the Score are over with the national programming. If Rome has a slot, thats less money for local talent in the budget. Mac is lucky that Bernsies contract came up at the bad time.

Plus who says Fatpants goes with Mac? Heavy Fuel Crew reunion, and let Fatpants do the filler 2 hours in midday.

Jim Rome does have a slot...on the new CBS Sports Radio Network middays 11A-2P (CT), but it's unclear how much CBS Sports Radio programming will supplant Yahoo! Sports Radio on The SCORE weekends. The new sports radio network officially debuts Wednesday, but I know as much now as I did a few weeks ago. In plain English, I don't.

Ironic since the post is anything but.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:55 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Mr. Moonvest also nailing that hot asian chick on CBS TV

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
pittmike wrote:

Julie Chen is married to Les Moonves.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

pittmike wrote:

Mr. Moonves has probably banged a lot of hot chicks in his life. He probably even banged Katie Couric just for the hell of it. Then he fired her.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:00 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Julie Chen is married to Les Moonves.

Host of "The Talk" weekdays on CBS.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:19 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
pittmike wrote:

With his moondick.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
I went to an astronomy fashion show with Les Moonvest.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:30 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
I went to an astronomy fashion show with Les Moonvest.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
Beardown wrote:
North was getting too big for his britches and Zim wacked him mafia style!!!!

I'm only on page 4, but this statement is just not true.

Having the guy across the table not sign the 600 Large per contract you offer is not a whacking. How many today are even anywhere near that number?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:37 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
donspiracy wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Having the guy across the table not sign the 600 Large per contract you offer is not a whacking. How many today are even anywhere near that number?

Roe Conn lunged at a pay cut to $250K annually.

Just another side note to the legend of Pappy.

Get your ass kissed by Keeping Score, and end up losing your gig. It may become a trend in this town.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

donspiracy wrote:
Beardown wrote:

For the love of God, I'm allowed some poetic licence. Sometimes you people take every so damn literally. I'm very much aware that radio negotiations are different than mafia actions. But thanks for trying to inform me.

You're only on page 4? I expect a thread report on my desk tomorrow morning. (I don't really mean that. Just joking. :roll: ).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Beardown wrote:
For the love of God, I'm allowed some poetic licence.

I know there was more to the post, but this was quite funny. Beardown is the internets definition of using "poetic licence".

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
Seriously though, Beerstain is one of the lamest things ever written on this board.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Bucky Chris wrote:
Seriously though, Beerstain is one of the lamest things ever written on this board.

Considering the source, the irony is it took several hours to come up with.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:23 pm 

Snores and Beer-Stain right? Gottabe

This thread is more exciting than Kerry Wood's walkoff homerun Im game 8 of the conference finals against the Maple Leafs in 2001

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
Don Tiny wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:

Considering the source, the irony is it took several hours to come up with.

Oh man, I freaking nailed it with this one. I'm ready. CSFMB, Lars, and Biker Board, here I come! All in one day!!!!!

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:40 pm 

pizza_Place: salernos
BEERVENDOR!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:07 am 
1000 CLUB

Let's try and advance this speculation. Advancing speculation on a report from a racist is fun!!!! (This weird shit can only happen on CSFMB :lol:)

So if Mac did leak this to Elmhurst Steve, I'm gonna guess that Mac got this information from Mitch that talks aren't going well. That it might not get done. Cuz we know Mitch loves Mac and would tell him such things.

I'm also guessing that it's probably somewhere between a month to 6 weeks until Bernstein's current deal expires. Nothing to base this on. I'm just saying if this is coming out now it can't be too much longer than that. Panic from the talk show host starts to set in at about the 6 week mark in these types of things. That's when you start thinking a deal might not be struck.

Last edited by Beardown on Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:09 am 

Beardown wrote:
Let's try and advance this speculation. Advancing speculation on a rumor from a racist source is fun!!!!

So if Mac did leak this to Elmhurst Steve, I'm gonna guess that Mac got this information from Mitch that talks aren't going well. That it might not get done. Cuz we know Mitch loves Mac and would tell him such things.

I'm also guessing that it's probably somewhere between a month to 6 weeks until Bernstein's current deal expires. Nothing to base this on. I'm just saying if this is coming out now it can't be too much longer than that. Panic from the talk show host starts to set in at about the 6 week mark in these types of things. That's when you start thinking a deal might not be struck.

IOW you are talking out your ass like always.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:24 am 
1000 CLUB

Holy shit!!!! Look in the sky everybody. A meatball appears. The Meatball-Signal lights up the night sky. The silhouette comes from a stretched light from Northwest Indiana!!!! :shock: Mackie is behind this. He's letting Chicago know he's working on it. The Score will be returned to the Meatballs!!!!! :shock:

Mac's signal to Chicago for those that can't see it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:52 am 
1000 CLUB

After years of searching, I figured out the Sports radio code. Son of a bitch!!! It all makes sense now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZucVRU-h1oY

I'll keep it to myself, unless one of you is able to guess it. This is something you have to figure out for yourself.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:17 am 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
RFDC wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Let's try and advance this speculation. Advancing speculation on a rumor from a racist source is fun!!!!

IOW you are talking out your ass like always.

I always love when Beardown admits to reaching for a point.
This thread is full or reaches, starting with the original post.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:27 am 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
Remember when Boers was in negotiations a few years ago? At one point, Bernstein stopped referring to the show as B and B. It appeared Terry might be gone for good -- then he returned. Not saying that will happen here, but I don't believe this will become a public feud. Bernsie doesn't go after management on the air -- like Mac does.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:43 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
SHARK wrote:
Mr. Moonvest? That's not his name. It's Les Moonvest, and he's the really BIG boss at CBS Corporation. The same Les that actually suspended Howard Stern when he used his former radio show as a shameless plug for Sirius/XM Satellite Radio before Stern signed off in 2005.

I once pitched a game show idea to Les Moonvest.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:56 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Look at Elmhurst Steve ignoring the questions about how he was mocked on Mac's show.

I can't say that I have any idea what you are referring to. I saw Mac at the Score remote at Champs recently and spoke with him there for a while, but didn't hear anyone say anything about me on air-except for Dan mentioning my presence there and it feeling like old times on the afternoon show. If I were aware of what you were referring to, I would have probably commented about it. But I would guess that whatever comment you are referring to, was one made in jest and not worth the time to worry about. As far as this thread goes.....you may have noticed that neither Lil Danny boy, nor his minions have said anything about this being eroneous. That's because it's true.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:58 am 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Look at Elmhurst Steve ignoring the questions about how he was mocked on Mac's show.

I can't say that I have any idea what you are referring to. I saw Mac at the Score remote at Champs recently and spoke with him there for a while, but didn't hear anyone say anything about me on air-except for Dan mentioning my presence there and it feeling like old times on the afternoon show. If I were aware of what you were referring to, I would have probably commented about it. But I would guess that whatever comment you are referring to, was one made in jest and not worth the time to worry about. As far as this thread goes.....you may have noticed that neither Lil Danny boy, nor his minions have said anything about this being eroneous. That's because it's true.
I don't know the exact quote because I was only partly paying attention, but I remember Spiegel specifically, but also Mac being pretty dismissive.

Then again, you refuse to acknowledge how B&B disrespected your brand, so it's not a shock you don't "have any idea" about this either. Deep down though, I think you know exactly what I'm talking about. Maybe someone else will remember it and post it here.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:54 am 

I don't believe Dan is on the way out at the Score. But he could easily bow down to the Mouse and become a Disney shill. Does he ever actually use the name "ESPN" when criticizing their coverage of sports? Or is it always just the "Booyahs?" That kind of nebulous term could be applied to specific anchors rather than total corporate policy if he was ever questioned about his past conduct in relation to ESPN before taking a job with them.

Dan won't get rolled like North and he wouldn't leave the Score unless he had a nice alternative nest already built for himself.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next