It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

Larry is wrong here. He's saying a player shouldn't trust team doctors. The Yahoo article says it's Rose's doctor that has cleared him.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

Hmmmm. Bernstein said the source In Missy's article wasn't Paxon while he was bitch-slapping Larry. He said "other direction". I take that to mean Reinsdorf. Wow.

Because earlier he hinted that the source was "high, high, high up in the Bulls organization". I figured that hint confirmed my initial thought of Pax. Never though it could be Uncle Jerry.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:00 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
pittmike wrote:
I texted in asking when Bernsie will ask the tough questions. Rose was supposed to be a stud man opening mail and drinking coffee. I will not expect a reply.

What does that even mean?

The point is Dan says all these NBA guys are studs on and on. Seems to me either due to his fears, addias or family Rose is being a pussy. Ask the tough questions.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

I do think Larry is a complete dumb ass for suggesting that the Bulls or the Bulls team doctor would force him back when he's not ready. They have over 100 million invested in him over 5 years. Guaranteed. They wouldn't put him in jeopardy, Larry, you dumb fuck.

He's also wrong, like I said. Rose's doctor cleared him. Not the Bulls doctor. So he doesn't even know the facts.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

Here's the yahoo article and the writer says it's DERRICK"S DOCTOR that has cleared him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/derrick-rose-cleared-play-reportedly-yet-rose-hesitating-193555488--nba.html

Melissa Isaacson is a very good reporter who has been covering the Chicago Bulls for over two decades. The ESPN Chicago scribe can be trusted while relaying the news that a Bulls source has indicated that Derrick Rose has already been cleared to play basketball. Cleared by Rose’s own doctor, mind you, as Derrick recovers from an ACL tear suffered in late April of last year.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
two things from the remote...and I'll repeat them Monday as this thread is all but done.

1. Terry was credited by Dan (off the air) as having the Missy story yesterday (thurs). Hence Terry saying "I have something but I'm not going to go with it". This time, I'm sure that was the case. Terry was on the phone with "his guy" at one of the breaks. Not sure what was said but Dan referenced him talking to his guy. Dan clearly said at a break that the "leaked story" came directly from Uncle Jerry.

2. Finally got the Phil Donahue story...long story short (and perhaps it's already been told) but Phil likes muscular men. A lot.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:32 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
City of Fools wrote:
two things from the remote...and I'll repeat them Monday as this thread is all but done.

1. Terry was credited by Dan (off the air) as having the Missy story yesterday (thurs). Hence Terry saying "I have something but I'm not going to go with it". This time, I'm sure that was the case. Terry was on the phone with "his guy" at one of the breaks. Not sure what was said but Dan referenced him talking to his guy. Dan clearly said at a break that the "leaked story" came directly from Uncle Jerry.

2. Finally got the Phil Donahue story...long story short (and perhaps it's already been told) but Phil likes muscular men. A lot.

Where do they broadcast from, the back room or on that raised level of tables by all the TVs? Almost considering dropping by but too much of a chicken shit to go to a bar by myself in the middle of the afternoon.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

But Reinsdorf's intentions certainly aren't to rush Rose back as Larry suggests. Reinsdorf is the one paying his 100 + million over the next 5 years. You think he wants to jeopardize that investment? Of course not.

Reinsdorf was on record before the season that he wouldn't rush Derrick. Admitting he made a mistake with MJ in 1986 with his foot injury. I believe him.

Reinsdorf's reasoning? Perhaps a little revenge for Reggie Rose bad mouthing him by saying they want Derrick back to sell tickets (Totally wrong. Bulls games are sold out anyway) and that they don't try to put a team around Derrick (Jerry is over the luxury tax this year and it will be a double penalty when they are over it next year.) That would certainly be in Jerry's nature. But I believe Rose is ready to return. To suggest otherwise is stupid. Larry is stupid.

Rose has gotten extra time to recover. Bulls have allowed that. They have been extra cautious as Reinsdorf said they would be before the season started.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
City of Fools wrote:

1. I call bullshit. And if it was the case and Terry didn't say anything, then I never want to hear them talk about the soft coverage from the media again.

2. KeePeeScorr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
sinicalypse wrote:
SHARK wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:
hey SHARKeroonie, i just want you to know that I take pride in your threads. you're not the only one, mon frere.

Thanks for the kind words. :D

no thanks necessary, SHARKapalooza: i'm much like david kaplan (and this is the ONLY way i'm like david kaplan) insomuchas i'm just here to "tell it like it is" and well, you making the daily b&b threads has the same kind of heartwarming feeling that one had back in the day when hulk hogan was the WWF champion (you know, the kind of effect that WWE wants cena to have) --- it's like all was right in the world when Hogan was holding the strap, you know?

all is right in the world when SHARK is out in front of the pack making the daily b&b threads. no references to one-off WWF PPVs, no arbitrary mugcunting "FUN" agendas.... just str8up meat and potatoes; you know, it's that steak proudly rising up above the sizzle that one can hear if they listen quietly when one of the InVading forces of FUNland stops to take a piss.

SHOMER SHABBOS, SHARK, SHOMER SHABBOS! ROLL ON SATURDAYS!

Shark is a good man. And thorough.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

So Terry does have a cell phone? At least we got that answered. Must have just gotten one. Cuz 4 years ago he had Cutler to the Bears on Terry's 1989 land line answering machine at his house.

I think it's bullshit too. Terry got up to pretend to talk to his guy to fool the people in the crowd. Danny played along and fucked around with City of Fools.

Bernstein: Hey City of Fools, guess who's on the phone with Terry?

City of Fools: Who?

Bernstein: His Bulls guy!!!!

City of Fools: :shock: It's true!!! It's true!!! (City's facial expression was probably similar to that of Moses at the Burning Bush)

(Meanwhile, since nobody could hear Terry speaking on the phone, it was actually Terry talking a nurse to schedule an irritable bowel syndrome appointment.)

You're a naive sucker, City of Fools.

Though I do believe Danny got the info that in was Reinsdorf that leaked the story to Missy.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:00 pm 

Beardown wrote:

And you're a pathetic shut-in, dbag.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Beardown wrote:
So Terry does have a cell phone? At least we got that answered. Must have just gotten one. Cuz 4 years ago he had Cutler to the Bears on Terry's 1989 land line answering machine at his house.

I think it's bullshit too. Terry got up to pretend to talk to his guy to fool the people in the crowd. Danny played along and fucked around with City of Fools.

City of Fools: :shock: It's true!!! It's true!!! (City's facial expression was probably similar to that of Moses at the Burning Bush)

(Meanwhile, since nobody could hear Terry speaking on the phone, it was actually Terry talking a nurse to schedule an irritable bowel syndrome appointment.)

Though I do believe Danny got the info that in was Reinsdorf that leaked the story to Missy.

Did anyone check if Terry's cell phone was even turned on?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:25 am 

Beardown wrote:

When drinky first started posting here he detailed how terry didn't know how to use a computer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:01 am 

SpiralStairs wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Where do they broadcast from, the back room or on that raised level of tables by all the TVs? Almost considering dropping by but too much of a chicken shit to go to a bar by myself in the middle of the afternoon.

they broadcast from the raised level. Not sure why you would be chicken? You should have come...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:03 am 

Beardown wrote:

yeah. That's why Dan pointed at Terry and said "his guy told him yesterday just before we went off air, and that's the story he was hesitant to talk about". Because Dan doesn't want to take credit for anything.

Peeps: Can't disagree on the "soft coverage" crap they sell. Can't go after ESPN and them hiding stories when you do that.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:07 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Beardown wrote:

in other words, YOU JUST GOT BEARDOWNED, CF!!!!!!!111

Beardown wrote:

BEARDOWN + Ralph Wiggum = MATCH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:11 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Beardown wrote:

Terry last wrote a column in a major daily 20 years ago.

He revels in the fact that he doesn't go to games.

Even states that he doesn't watch them at home.

But somehow in 2013 a guy who doesn't watch or even show up to a game "has a guy" that told him this story upfront?

I think Beardown is spot on in his summation of the situation.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:01 am 

say what you want...I now think Terry has a guy.

Is it a guy that is using Terry to get someone's story on the air? Possible...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:08 am 
Site Admin

City of Fools wrote:

Terry has one guy. I don't dispute that. That "guy" wouldn't have a basketball story.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:11 am 

Seacrest wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Terry has one guy. I don't dispute that. That "guy" wouldn't have a basketball story.

who's his guy? Van Dyke?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:25 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
City of Fools wrote:
Peeps: Can't disagree on the "soft coverage" crap they sell. Can't go after ESPN and them hiding stories when you do that.

Especially because they don't need anyone. It's understandable for a beat writer to hold stuff back when he requires access to do his job in the future and has to weigh whether a story is enough of a blockbuster to make it worth the possibility of burning a bridge. (I'd suggest scooping the fact that an angry GM grabbed a coach by the tie is probably worth it.) But who is Boers protecting? Nobody likes him anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:08 pm 
Site Admin

City of Fools wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

who's his guy? Van Dyke?

That's the only "guy" he has.

And JORR's post above is dead on.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Boers' behavior the last couple of years has made me wonder if he was this much of a liar and a fraud when he was working for the Sun-Times but was just better at hiding it then. As other have noted, the last couple of years he's made little to no effort to contribute anything of worth to the show and has resorted to the "his guy" bullshit and nodding along and pretending to know what Dan, callers, or guests are referencing when it's clear that he does not. If he's ever pressed on anything it's rare that he can defend his opinion or give details about what he said he watched, read, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:27 pm 

I dont think the doubt was Terry having "a guy"

The doubt is his guy having everything before it happens.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:37 pm 
Site Admin

rogers park bryan wrote:

What the hell are you talking about?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:42 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Dont play coy with me, Crest

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:43 pm 
Site Admin

rogers park bryan wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Dont play coy with me, Crest

What does that even mean?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:45 pm 

Terry has a guy. Im sure of it.

The BS part is Terry saying "Oh yeah my guy had that last week but ____"

CoF is saying he now believes Terry has a guy. Of course he does. Just not a guy that matters.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:48 pm 
Site Admin

rogers park bryan wrote:
Terry has a guy. Im sure of it.

The BS part is Terry saying "Oh yeah my guy had that last week but ____"

CoF is saying he now believes Terry has a guy. Of course he does. Just not a guy that matters.

Thanks for explaining that to me.

Van Dyk is Terry's only "guy" though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next