It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 5:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 46  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
D'oh! Bernstein & Spiegel makes Fox Network News... However, I think one of Bernsie's posts was misquoted?

"Aiyana Cristal makes me uncomfortable. I feel how hard she's trying, & end up awkwardly rooting for her to finish cleanly,” Spiegel wrote on Twitter.

His colleague Bernstein chimed in: “I have no rooting interest in her work, but enjoy her boobs.”

Wasn't the word, "giant" omitted from the story?

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... p=features

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

Jen Lada and Adam Hog discuss Bernstein. Lada was shocked by Dan doing this. She said she used to look up to him. Why was she shocked? He's done this hundreds of times in his career.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2EabAjLLEE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omuW2OxvZJY

42,000 views on whatever the hell this is. This guy mistronounced Spiegel. Called him Smiegel.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
SirTinkleButton wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Luke Stuckenhymer wrote:
Not that crazy. The effect may be marginal, but enough to make Bernstein's voice shaky during his apology. He knows it has affected his leverage next time contract negotiations come around.

Huh? You're drawing a connection between Bernstein's "shaky" voice and his leverage in contract negotiations? Now that's crazy.

Quit ruining the fucking narrative. Bernstein will never have his solo political show after this mishap.

FACT.

No one listens to liberal talk radio so thats probably not a good career move for Berns.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:11 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Jen Lada and Adam Hog discuss Bernstein. Lada was shocked by Dan doing this. She said she used to look up to him. Why was she shocked? He's done this hundreds of times in his career.

Her life is difficult because she doesn't want to dress provocatively. Get some conservative suits like every man in the business who wants to project credibility, dummy.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Beardown wrote:
This guy mistronounced Spiegel. Called him Smiegel.

"Dat's an insult, my friend!"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
good dolphin wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Her life is difficult because she doesn't want to dress provocatively. Get some conservative suits like every man in the business who wants to project credibility, dummy.

She could always go the Tracy Myers route and wear no makeup on TV.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Scorehead wrote:
SirTinkleButton wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Luke Stuckenhymer wrote:
Not that crazy. The effect may be marginal, but enough to make Bernstein's voice shaky during his apology. He knows it has affected his leverage next time contract negotiations come around.

Huh? You're drawing a connection between Bernstein's "shaky" voice and his leverage in contract negotiations? Now that's crazy.

Quit ruining the fucking narrative. Bernstein will never have his solo political show after this mishap.

FACT.

No one listens to liberal talk radio so thats probably not a good career move for Berns.

But it's broadcast into much of the country so it must be popular.

Last edited by Zippy-The-Pinhead on Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

The most puzzling thing in all of this in the reaction of people like Larry, Lada and others. You know Larry's heard him do similar things hundreds of times. Lada sounded like she's a listener of Bernstien. So she must have heard it before.

Yet they all act as though this was the first time Bernstein has done something like this.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:59 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
spmack wrote:
She could always go the Tracy Myers route and wear no makeup on TV.

Liz Lemon hit a rough, rough patch.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:08 pm 

Beardown wrote:
The most puzzling thing in all of this in the reaction of people like Larry, Lada and others. You know Larry's heard him do similar things hundreds of times. Lada sounded like she's a listener of Bernstien. So she must have heard it before.

Yet they all act as though this was the first time Bernstein has done something like this.

True, but I can also understand Larry's angle. He has always fancied himself as a white knight type. His history has shown him to be a typical knee jerk reactionary championing the rights of women whenever sexism or violence against women is trending on social media.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mitch? Zim?

Mitch and Zim: What?

Beardown: Nothing. Put your heads back in the sand. :lol: You two are something else.

Mitch and Zim: :oops: :oops: (Put heads back in the sand)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:23 pm 

Beardown wrote:

42,000 views on whatever the hell this is. This guy mistronounced Spiegel. Called him Smiegel.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:27 pm 

maybe we can get peta to help... dan has talked in detail about killing animals to eat only part of them and throw the rest away

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

W_Z wrote:
Beardown wrote:

I voted for you.

W_Z: :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:50 pm 

:lol: i didn't really mean that to be directed at you. it just fit...and it was the first .GIF that came up for smeagol.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

W_Z wrote:
:lol: i didn't really mean that to be directed at you. it just fit...and it was the first .GIF that came up for smeagol.

You did. Don't lie. It's cool.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:58 pm 

oh wipe that drink off your face.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

All this incident did for me is reinforce that Bernstein is much more of a nobody than he thinks he is. If he was somewhat important, a suspension (at minimum) would be guaranteed. The fact is, if I walk into a random grocery store and start asking people if they know Dan Bernstein, most people will have no clue who I'm talking about (If you would've gone into a NY store around his incident, the majority would've known Don Imus. Or even someone like Mancow here). I'm sure he's king of the castle in the little bizarro world at the 670 studios and to bumbling callers, but in the outside world no one cares enough to consider him relevant.

That said, still pretty pathetic for the 'management' at the station to not even issue a statement (especially with rumors of hurting the relationship with Comcast, and coworkers on the station lashing out) and just having them do shows pretending to be nice and acting like nothing happened at all.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:51 pm 

torch! wrote:
All this incident did for me is reinforce that Bernstein is much more of a nobody than he thinks he is. If he was somewhat important, a suspension (at minimum) would be guaranteed. The fact is, if I walk into a random grocery store and start asking people if they know Dan Bernstein, most people will have no clue who I'm talking about (If you would've gone into a NY store around his incident, the majority would've known Don Imus. Or even someone like Mancow here). I'm sure he's king of the castle in the little bizarro world at the 670 studios and to bumbling callers, but in the outside world no one cares enough to consider him relevant.

That said, still pretty pathetic for the 'management' at the station to not even issue a statement (especially with rumors of hurting the relationship with Comcast, and coworkers on the station lashing out) and just having them do shows pretending to be nice and acting like nothing happened at all.

Well said and spot on.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:53 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
torch! wrote:

+2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:00 pm 

He is also a pretty big deal around here considering the amount of traffic the threads involving his show typically generates.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
long time guy wrote:
He is also a pretty big deal around here considering the amount of traffic the threads involving his show typically generates.

Exactly. These people hate Bernstein, and Berns is irrelevant, but they listen everyday, and comment in every thread.

Bernstein isn't that relevant, but he was getting hammered all over twitter, deadspin, etc.

Irrelevant is Scorehead's guy, Nort, who nobody outside this board mentions.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:26 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Chus wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Exactly. These people hate Bernstein, and Berns is irrelevant, but they listen everyday, and comment in every thread.

Bernstein isn't that relevant, but he was getting hammered all over twitter, deadspin, etc.

So do you love him or hate him Chus? I never really got a feeling one way or another.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:35 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
torch! wrote:

no it's not dude.... bernstein didn't do anything to convince me that he's anything that i didnt think he was b4 the exchange, it's just that most here wanna see the guy get got for his schtick over the last few years so we're all sanctimonious and preachy and GOOD! HE SHOULD GET HAMMERED FOR THIS!!!!

i wanna live in a world where people can blow off some steam on twitter like actual human beings would do hanging out with each other in the privacy of their own homes, but we don't live in that world and while bernstein is a dumbass for slipping on twitter, man, it's fucking scary that someone can have an impulsive carnal thought in virtual-public and there's an expectation that they should never be able to get a decent job ever again because getting offended is a way for life for too many lameass people nowadays.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:37 pm 

Chus wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I dont listen to North anymore. Back in the day he was great.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
sinicalypse wrote:
torch! wrote:

no it's not dude.... bernstein didn't do anything to convince me that he's anything that i didnt think he was b4 the exchange, it's just that most here wanna see the guy get got for his schtick over the last few years so we're all sanctimonious and preachy and GOOD! HE SHOULD GET HAMMERED FOR THIS!!!!

i wanna live in a world where people can blow off some steam on twitter like actual human beings would do hanging out with each other in the privacy of their own homes, but we don't live in that world and while bernstein is a dumbass for slipping on twitter, man, it's fucking scary that someone can have an impulsive carnal thought in virtual-public and there's an expectation that they should never be able to get a decent job ever again because getting offended is a way for life for too many lameass people nowadays.

Me too, but it's only fair that he is held to the same standard he hold's other's to.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:41 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Harvard Dan wrote:
Me too, but it's only fair that he is held to the same standard he hold's other's to.

right on futon, but i'm saying that in lieu of what you said that's why i'm calling dan a "dumbass" as opposed to a "misogynist" "sexist" "bigot" or "cyber-bully."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Scorehead wrote:
torch! wrote:

Well said and spot on.
Wow. So nobody outside of Chicago has heard of a local sports radio host? And you think Bernstein thinks otherwise. Yeah spot on.

Scorehead - do you think you could ask the random public if they could associate the name of a current radio host with a station? Any host? You claim to follow politics... Do you think the general public follows radio hosts any closer?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:56 pm 

That is one of dangers of the 24 hr non stop sports culture that we now reside in. Athletes are now labeled as douchebags, tools, and turds. The personal lives are scrutinized relentlessly. Off the court or field issues typically takes precedence over anything that happens on the field. What happens on the field is not really relevant because after all it is just a game. Sports these days are supposed to serve as a microcosm of the larger society.

This is the world that Bernstein treads in because after all how much value can one derive from merely being a sports talk show host. His level of self importance has grown exponentially during the entire process. The irony of it all is that the same indignation that he has reserved for others is now being thrust upon him.

Nothing will come of this other than Bernstein being mindful of what he says in the future. I don't know if that will be enough for some though as there are people who want his head a very large head at that, served on a platter.

Last edited by long time guy on Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 46  Next