It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 640 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:09 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Franky T wrote:
They have send-off shows for people who retire, not for people who quit. When they quit they get pulled from the air. Simple as that.

I'm assuming he gets the Rongey treatment, he quit for another job in another city .

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:10 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Beardown wrote:
As was said earlier, Terry was drinky's radio Dad. He was also his protection. Once Terry was gone, nobody was there to protect drinky. He was naked. Mitch was always scared to fire drinky because he didn't want catch Terry's wrath.

Terry should allow drinky to write a chapter in his book before it's published.

Would it be in English or chicken scratch?

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:22 am 

pittmike wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
That could be but then once again the station shows their hypocrisy of demanding to know and want full disclosures of everything that local sports teams do but then go into full silent mode when something happens to one of their own . It's ok for Bernstein to have someone on whom claims he's a doctor to speculate that the White Sox are hiding an injury but Matt Abbatacolas wishes for privacy must be adhered to.

That really bugs me but it isn't just the score. Many media sources do this. I need to know all the information on player X's DUI, divorce, religious comments on and on. What about this issue with one of your people? Oh thank you for respecting our privacy.

The world is demanding to know about Mark Suppelsa's infidelity and alcoholism.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:46 am 

pizza_Place: Palermos on 63rd
He probably quit to get back at his ex or soon-to-be ex-wife. You know she was in his grill about the low-end money he was making but Matt was happy hanging out at a bar every Friday checking out the chicks.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:35 am 

I think it is just a matter of the Score being a toxic environment for him if he was really looking to clean up things in his life.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:37 am 

The score has been going downhill ever since north was fired. Facts are facts.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
good dolphin wrote:
I think it is just a matter of the Score being a toxic environment for him if he was really looking to clean up things in his life.

Who knows what he is doing with his life but I doubt that matters. I lean toward he was just shown in the last six months what he can look forward to and made a choice.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
pittmike wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Who knows what he is doing with his life but I doubt that matters. I lean toward he was just shown in the last six months what he can look forward to and made a choice.

I'd say the added cost of child support and alimony means he needs a bump in pay and 670 wasn't going to provide that.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:51 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
pittmike wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I'd say the added cost of child support and alimony means he needs a bump in pay and 670 wasn't going to provide that.

I would think, his ex-wife earned more. But I know nothing of her.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
pittmike wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I am no expert in Illinois law but if I recall his wife was a working attorney. Many states decide upon child support by a proportional formula. As for alimony who knows but she won't get much if anything if as we heard she was the bread winner by far.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Poor Drinky . Just trying to turn his life around and not manage to fuck women outside his marriage while raising 2 young sons.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:31 pm 

So he just slinked out the door with his tail between his legs like the piece of shit he is. What a fuckin loser. It took longer than it should have but he finally got what he deserved.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:08 pm 

Keyser Soze wrote:
So he just slinked out the door with his tail between his legs like the piece of shit he is. What a fuckin loser. It took longer than it should have but he finally got what he deserved.

My guess is that he didn't want to draw attention to himself leaving the business after a run that could only be deemed a failure.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Braconi's
newper wrote:
Beardown, don't you thnk it is possible that Drinky asked to go out without celebration? If he honestly wants to get out of radio, then what does he get out of a farewell episode? I could easily see him requesting that Dan and Goff just let him go without mention and both of them honoring that request.

:roll: Just WOW to all....except this guy.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:30 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
IceGirl wrote:
newper wrote:
Beardown, don't you thnk it is possible that Drinky asked to go out without celebration? If he honestly wants to get out of radio, then what does he get out of a farewell episode? I could easily see him requesting that Dan and Goff just let him go without mention and both of them honoring that request.

Open door if you'd like to do the podcast,

Choose the topics.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
IceGirl wrote:
newper wrote:

dolphin's point was fine too ... come to think of it, mine wasn't casting any aspersions either.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:38 pm 

A divorce, a bun in the oven, and a career change. 2017 has so far been stressful for The Drink.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:40 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
A divorce, a bun in the oven, and a career change. 2017 has so far been stressful for The Drink.

I'd say parts 1 and 2 led to 3, but to be honest the career change is probably the breath of fresh air his life needs after 16 years in a dead end job answering to Danny.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:44 pm 

He is having another child?

Prolific guy.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero

More breaking news or that's been talked about?

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
good dolphin wrote:
He is having another child?

Prolific guy.

Didn't realize he was Irish.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:51 pm 

spmack wrote:

More breaking news or that's been talked about?

It was a rumor discussed on here and not denied by IceGirl, who gave tacit confirmation as I recall.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:59 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
So Matty has had/will have kids with 3 different women?

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
IceGirl wrote:
newper wrote:

Whoa whoa there Jen. Last year you were fully on
board with running this asshole down. Don't give me the babe in the woods routine. Fuck him. I mean , not literally in your case .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:04 pm 

Drinky on the way out the door:

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Peoria Matt wrote:
So Matty has had/will have kids with 3 different women?

Trump vibe.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Braconi's
badrogue17 wrote:
IceGirl wrote:
newper wrote:

board with running this asshole down. Don't give me the babe in the woods routine. Fuck him. I mean , not literally in your case .

Last year I came here to squash some of the stories (involving me) that you all were running with, and I was very careful about what I said so I didn't run anyone down. Just crazy the stuff that is believed to be true here. I still drop in and read some of this stuff - most of it completely untrue....much like it was last year at this time. So if that's the babe in the woods routine ....not sorry.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:15 pm 

IceGirl wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
IceGirl wrote:
newper wrote:

Last year I came here to squash some of the stories (involving me) that you all were running with, and I was very careful about what I said so I didn't run anyone down. Just crazy the stuff that is believed to be true here. I still drop in and read some of this stuff - most of it completely untrue....much like it was last year at this time. So if that's the babe in the woods routine ....not sorry.

Wild speculation tends to not resemble reality. Imagine, a thing like that.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:20 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
IceGirl wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
IceGirl wrote:
newper wrote:

Lol, you squashed nothing ...you came here to find out which one of your friends husbands was the leak.

Last edited by 312player on Wed May 17, 2017 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:21 pm 

IceGirl wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
IceGirl wrote:
newper wrote:

Some are just jealous of true love.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 640 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 22  Next