It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 9:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Reared on the Score wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Do we really think businesses should be going through the social media accounts of their customers to find a basis for refusing to do business with them?

No but the gesture can be seen as 'probable cause' to do it in this case.

Very weird thread. I get in the context of 'chicago sports radio' that it is notable that The Score spent so much time on it so you can question the intensity of their reaction to it.

But the rationalizations some are making for this fan and the Cubs reaction to it are weird (or telling).

Like being so certain it was 'the circle game' yet then admitting you don't know the white power possibility. Then being informed of that, plus that this was done on television behind a black person (so not 'a game' with a pal in-person) but willfully ignoring that and saying "well are all ok hands bad I guess?!?!? wow!" Then learning that the Cubs found the guy was a racist on social media but then (like a lot of threads here) turns into 1) well white supremacy is bad but also so are other things hypocrisy much? or 2) actually white supremacy isn't bad

If the Cubs just saw the ok hand randomly on TV, 'rushed to judgement' and banned him, then yeah that would sure look to be overreach. But they saw it in the context it was done, researched the guy, approached him to respond (if it was an innocuous circle game he would maybe try to get out in front and plead innocent?), then took action.

Like maybe you all just want believe the good in people but it was a pretty quick rush to judge it as the circle game not knowing that sadly this white power (or triggering the libs in thinking it's white power, or whatever the fuck double-ironic bluff it is) is creeping back more mainstream

Time to take another few years away from this place, or at least confine it to complaining about McDoink's speech patterns

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 9:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Franky T wrote:
The guy probably "liked" an article on Facebook arguing against open borders, or criticizing AOC or Omar. RACIST!

He only lightly lubed Kirkwood as he fucked him. So he's racist. Kirkwood was mad this occurred outside the range of Check Please, and that it was only a light organism on his part.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 9:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
FavreFan wrote:
Not Reared you should stick around. I agree with that post. Not everyone is evil like Peeps.

...good point I'll at least lurk. :D I can't quit talk about radio programming changes. would be nice to add capability to put admins on ignore list though

*new LoHo section * mods learn how to merge topics * allow mods to be added to foes list * move fragility topics from DB/Shoutouts to Politics *

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 9:29 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Dan is here to say this is certainly racism and that fan is evil.

Quote:
​​​The Cubs planning to ban the troglodyte who made a "white power" sign behind broadcaster Doug Glanville's on-air report during the game Tuesday night is the obvious and correct move to make. And should his identity become known, any who might interact with him will now understand better who he really is.

This is also an opportunity for all of us to be more aware than before of who's using this sign and how and in the process shine the powerful disinfectant of sunlight into some dark and fetid places. Just knowing what's going on out there is a big part of the battle.

The Cubs will be taking action against the fan based on their investigation, president of business operations Crane Kenney said on 670 The Score on Wednesday, one that included an examination of the offender's social media history to determine intent.

Many of us have spent the better part of the morning learning about the creation, evolution and application of the common "OK" gesture of thumb/index finger circle and three splayed fingers as a sign of white supremacy. There are many for whom this is entirely new, the co-opting of such a ubiquitous and previously benign display to mean something hideous, and some of us understood it on some level as just a twisted false-flag troll meme that bubbled up from the swamp of 4chan. But what has happened is clear -- it's indeed a recognized expression of racism, now.

https://670thescore.radio.com/bernstein ... more-aware

He is right about one thing though. The more these incidents take place and are talked about the more we should be aware. At some point it makes the "I didn't know" excuse less believable. Not saying we are at that point yet, but getting closer.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 9:33 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
no idea what the circle game is was in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 10:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Curious Hair wrote:
Maybe he admitted to it, in which case he's an idiot, and did it wrong anyway.

didn't do it wrong, but no he didn't admit to it either. Apparently he just didn't respond.

It doesn't say anything about them going through his social media postings to find evidence corroborating he made the gesture as a racist sign. Was that revealed elsewhere or did they not do that?

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 10:38 pm 

Franky T wrote:

Quote:
​​​The Cubs planning to ban the troglodyte who made a "white power" sign behind broadcaster Doug Glanville's on-air report during the game Tuesday night is the obvious and correct move to make. And should his identity become known, any who might interact with him will now understand better who he really is.

This is also an opportunity for all of us to be more aware than before of who's using this sign and how and in the process shine the powerful disinfectant of sunlight into some dark and fetid places. Just knowing what's going on out there is a big part of the battle.

The Cubs will be taking action against the fan based on their investigation, president of business operations Crane Kenney said on 670 The Score on Wednesday, one that included an examination of the offender's social media history to determine intent.

Many of us have spent the better part of the morning learning about the creation, evolution and application of the common "OK" gesture of thumb/index finger circle and three splayed fingers as a sign of white supremacy. There are many for whom this is entirely new, the co-opting of such a ubiquitous and previously benign display to mean something hideous, and some of us understood it on some level as just a twisted false-flag troll meme that bubbled up from the swamp of 4chan. But what has happened is clear -- it's indeed a recognized expression of racism, now.

He is right about one thing though. The more these incidents take place and are talked about the more we should be aware. At some point it makes the "I didn't know" excuse less believable. Not saying we are at that point yet, but getting closer.

People still don't understand black face being a problem. Give this one another 100 years.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 10:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
This reminds me of that incident where the guy was behind home plate and absolutely going to town doing a fake blowjob motion.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 11:01 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Curious Hair wrote:

didn't do it wrong, but no he didn't admit to it either. Apparently he just didn't respond.

This whole thing is weird as fuck. I figure the overlap between dudes who play the circle game as adults and also have questionable online posting habits is basically one circle.

If people saw me make this hand gesture IRL then sifted through a number of my posts here, stripped of all context, then yeah, I would imagine people would assume that I'm racist.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 11:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Franky T wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
THEY FOUND HIM AND HES RACIST !!!!
Please tell me they found racist tweets.

I guess the question is how they would prove it without doxxing him.

in the investigation, the Cubs identified the fan and determined that he was using it as a racist gesture after going through his social media pages.

:lol:

What a dumb way to get banned. See ya

The guy probably "liked" an article on Facebook arguing against open borders, or criticizing AOC or Omar. RACIST!

He'd get hired to work for the Ricketts PAC if that was the case.

This idiot went into hiding refusing to make an easily believable "circle game" excuse. All because some loser on Twitter snitched on him. This whole situation is absurd but also awesome :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 11:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Total pussy move to not respond. He deserves the ban.

In 10 years, when they suck again, he'll be more than welcome.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 11:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
GoldenJet wrote:
Total pussy move to not respond. He deserves the ban.

In 10 years, when they suck again, he'll be more than welcome.

agreed. how do you let that bitchass crane kenney do your name dirty like he did. what a puss

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 11:49 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

This whole thing is weird as fuck. I figure the overlap between dudes who play the circle game as adults and also have questionable online posting habits is basically one circle.

If people saw me make this hand gesture IRL then sifted through a number of my posts here, stripped of all context, then yeah, I would imagine people would assume that I'm racist.

They would probably think you like to drink cum.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 12:13 am 

Douchebag wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

They would probably think you like to drink cum.

Eat cum. Eat.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 5:55 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
People are so stupid for accepting this a real:

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:27 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Kirkwood wrote:

This idiot went into hiding refusing to make an easily believable "circle game" excuse. All because some loser on Twitter snitched on him. This whole situation is absurd but also awesome :lol:

The only reason to pick up the phone would be to tell Crane Kenney to go fuck himself

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:33 am 

People are so stupid for accepting this a real:

What does it mean when actual racists use that gesture?

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:42 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
badrogue17 wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

The only reason to pick up the phone would be to tell Crane Kenney to go fuck himself

Today will be, my sources tell me, Theo and the Cubs are really really upset.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:44 am 
Site Admin

HawaiiYou wrote:

Me either. Is it similar to Devil's Triangle?

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:49 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

Me either. Is it similar to Devil's Triangle?

No, that is just good wholesome fun!

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:08 am 

Quote:

:lol: And he’s mad that his Neanderthal listeners arent reading.the.article. What a fucking putz this douche is .

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:10 am 

Great article today.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:11 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
nevermind

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:13 am 
Site Admin

I have no idea what the guy who threw it's intention was. Maybe he's a Grand Dragon. More likely just a gamer from DisKKKord. But I will argue all day long that that symbol is NOT a "recognized expression of racism" among 90% of Americans.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:33 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I have no idea what the guy who threw it's intention was. Maybe he's a Grand Dragon. More likely just a gamer from DisKKKord. But I will argue all day long that that symbol is NOT a "recognized expression of racism" among 90% of Americans.
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Yeah ?? Well something something you’re part of the problem

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:41 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Had a buddy text me and tell me he better keep his hands in his pockets at game just to make sure he didn’t throw a hand sign out that he was unaware of. He’s probably fairly typical 40 something who doesn’t spend tons of time on line, especially the 4chans of the world. I’m not sure I’d have had any clue over the ok thing unless I saw the whole Zina Bash thing and even then it’s not front and center on my mind as a white power thing.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:43 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
I have discussed it with probably 10-12 people, and not a single one has had any idea about that being a "white power" symbol.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:44 am 
Site Admin

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Had a buddy text me and tell me he better keep his hands in his pockets at game just to make sure he didn’t throw a hand sign out that he was unaware of. He’s probably fairly typical 40 something who doesn’t spend tons of time on line, especially the 4chans of the world. I’m not sure I’d have had any clue over the ok thing unless I saw the whole Zina Bash thing and even then it’s not front and center on my mind as a white power thing.

I wonder if bernstein thinks Zina Bash was making a white power symbol.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:44 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
badrogue17 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Yeah ?? Well something something you’re part of the problem

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:45 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
leashyourkids wrote:
I have discussed it with probably 10-12 people, and not a single one has had any idea about that being a "white power" symbol.

Well that's just irresponsible of Montgomery, Oswego and Yorkville citizens to not know the origins of their neighborly greetings.

:)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next