It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 2:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 600 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Coolest Guy in the Room wrote:
she was much better when she could flex her chops with the gay Holmes or the nerd Parkins.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Heard the show for the first time today for a little bit.

Nice to hear Caller Bob call in to say Watson isn't an improvement on Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Nice to hear Caller Bob call in to say Watson isn't an improvement on Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

Sure that wasn't Hub? I could practically hear Parkins' jaw hit the floor a couple weeks ago when Hub said he didn't think Watson would make the Bears better.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:30 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Sure that wasn't Hub? I could practically hear Parkins' jaw hit the floor a couple weeks ago when Hub said he didn't think Watson would make the Bears better.

The caller was adamant and kept asking what has Watson ever won. Bernstein said it didn't matter and Leila talked about college.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:32 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
The caller was adamant and kept asking what has Watson ever won. Bernstein said it didn't matter and Leila talked about college.
If either were smart, they would have said Watson has won has many playoff games as the Bears have since their last Super Bowl appearance.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:38 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Watson is better than (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky but the question still stands. (I wasn't the caller)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I love the bit where Leila talks about how badly she feels for mentioning that Luke Cornet is comparable to Robert Horry. Cracks me up every time!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:06 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Last night the Score was replaying the day's "hits" and were airing some of this show. I hear that Leila now does the meatball caller voice along with Danny. It's worse than Rozner's.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:15 am 

Franky T wrote:
Last night the Score was replaying the day's "hits" and were airing some of this show. I hear that Leila now does the meatball caller voice along with Danny. It's worse than Rozner's.

yeah she is trying way too hard right now. it is painful to listen to.

Way better than the red hippo, so gotta give her some slack.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:45 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Her voice reminds me of the adults in the Charlie Brown cartoons. Wah, wah, Wah , wah.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:49 am 

Franky T wrote:

ethnic, middle class Chicago accent

Never, not even once, has he tried to do a meatball voice of any other race. People of every race used to call the Score with meatball type thoughts. Apparently Dan didn't listen in those days.

The truth is, as TM has pointed to on several occasions, Dan loathes the middle and lower middle class. He'd love to choke them with their blue collars.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:54 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I have been able to listen more the last few weeks and admit that she is at least trying to be a bit more outspoken with some of her takes. Doesn't really move the meters for me either way but she has been going hard to the hoop in her own way. It's something and something better than when she first started in my opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:59 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Generic Bernstein seems to be backing off, and giving Leila a bigger role in the show. He was 99% of the show. It will interesting when a a sjw issue arises how she handles it, and has a backbone as Bernstein turns to jelly.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
Their “genuine shock” when KC announced the trade on air yesterday was clearly staged. Dan calling the on air announcement one of the biggest in the stations history was laughable, and then other shows replaying the moment was the epitome of grasping at straws

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: Tata's
Crick Ramp wrote:
Their “genuine shock” when KC announced the trade on air yesterday was clearly staged. Dan calling the on air announcement one of the biggest in the stations history was laughable, and then other shows replaying the moment was the epitome of grasping at straws

Made me cringe. So phony and over the top to signal their wokeness.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:08 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Crick Ramp wrote:

I was taken aback by Bernstein yesterday. He was full of excitement and cheerfulness. The old Bernstein would have asked how does the Vucevic trade get the Bulls closer to a championship.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:22 am 

yeah he definitely sounded like a Bulls meatball :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:45 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Pal wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

What’s woke about commenting on a trade ?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:56 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Pal wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

Absolutely nothing. Dude is nuts

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:58 am 

Dan penning prose about the moment is also very odd

https://www.radio.com/670thescore/sport ... -the-score

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:21 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Franky T wrote:

ethnic, middle class Chicago accent

Never, not even once, has he tried to do a meatball voice of any other race. People of every race used to call the Score with meatball type thoughts. Apparently Dan didn't listen in those days.

The truth is, as TM has pointed to on several occasions, Dan loathes the middle and lower middle class. He'd love to choke them with their blue collars.

Dan had no problem making fun of a Canadian Hockey players dialect the other day. I doubt he try to imitate a Puerto Rican baseball player or an African basketball player in the same way, in 2021 anyway.

On that same note, I think Dan could uncomplicate the Watson case for himself if looked at the same media stories and imagined the Texans QB was a Blackhawk player or a Duke LaCrosse player.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:32 pm 

RFDC wrote:

He sounded like a guy he would have made fun of just a few years ago.

It's cool to be excited about Vucevic. He's a really really good player and fun to watch (skill set is pretty unique compared to today's big man). But this team still isn't better than the Nets, Sixers, or Bucks. And I'm not sure they're better than the Celtics or Heat.

I don't want to hear cheerleading. Be happy but be realistic. Don't tell me the Bulls will really be a contender if they make a play for Mike Conely this summer like the Parkins and Spiegs show mentioned yesterday.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Ron Wolfley wrote:
RFDC wrote:

He sounded like a guy he would have made fun of just a few years ago.

It's cool to be excited about Vucevic. He's a really really good player and fun to watch (skill set is pretty unique compared to today's big man). But this team still isn't better than the Nets, Sixers, or Bucks. And I'm not sure they're better than the Celtics or Heat.

I don't want to hear cheerleading. Be happy but be realistic. Don't tell me the Bulls will really be a contender if they make a play for Mike Conely this summer like the Parkins and Spiegs show mentioned yesterday.

They are only adding one of the top five players in the league from being a contender. How exciting.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Tata's
badrogue17 wrote:
Pal wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

Over the top fandom of the NBA is big with the woke crowd. Why didn't admitted Bears meatball Bersntein squeal like a schoolgirl in 2009 when Cutler was traded to the Bears during his show? The trade yesterday wasn't even in the same realm but they had faked orgasms on the air to signal their over the top love of the association.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Pal wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Pal wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

Over the top fandom of the NBA is big with the woke crowd. Why didn't admitted Bears meatball Bersntein squeal like a schoolgirl in 2009 when Cutler was traded to the Bears during his show? The trade yesterday wasn't even in the same realm but they had faked orgasms on the air to signal their over the top love of the association.

Dan's reaction to the Bulls trade was hammed up, sure, but let's not pretend he wasn't giddy when the Cutler news came down. Hell he was elated when the John Fox hire was announced. Didn't we get "Real. Damn. Coach." out of that?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:06 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Pretty sure Dan had a huge boner for Shea McClellin the day he was drafted :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:22 pm 

And he loved the cerebral (non meatball) Marc Trestman in his opening press conference. Dan's track record isn't great.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:35 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Pretty sure Dan had a huge boner for Shea McClellin the day he was drafted :lol:

I was at the remote the day after. I remember Dan and Terry making fun of the pick.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
He also gushed over Phil Emery because he kept mentioning Pro Football Focus.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:59 pm 

"Why wasn't BernsSTINE excited when the Bears got Jay Cutler" may be one of the worst board takes in years.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 600 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 20  Next