It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 4:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 80  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:00 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
good dolphin wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I know from observation that the secondary market for women her age isn't kind

I do not agree with this statement at all. Much of it depends on what she is looking for...but at 39 years old, it's safe to assume she's probably not looking to start a family. That immediately works in her favor as most guys 40-50 are likely done with that.

Now...if she's looking for a 40-50 year old with no kids, then yes....the market is not in her favor. She is likely in a position where she is perfectly fine being single. If she really wanted a man, she could very easily snag a 50+ male who's kids are grown and off the payroll.

Leila and Larry dating? I'd think the dork factor alone would make that a no chance in hell scenario.

not from my observations

the women I have seen have to settle for worse than they had (but probably nicer to them as people)

the men upgrade to a newer model

my info is anecdotal

She'll never get a 40-50 yr old with no familial responsibilities that won't cheat on her. That's just nature.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Panino's
Listened recently and they were talking about the greatest tennis players ever. Nadal, Federer, Djokovic were obviously mentioned. Serena was brought up as the greatest women's player ever. Then Larry said she has the case for greatest tennis player ever, period.

Reminded me of when McEnroe got raked over the coals for saying Serena would be ranked 700 or something if she played in the men's league.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
BD wrote:
Dan Campbell is "adorable" according to Dan Bernstein.
Everything is "dope", sometimes things are "gorgeous" according to Lawrence Holmes.

I'm nit-picking, but seriously, do men really speak like this?

Also, according to Holmes, the White Sox need more 4A type players like Cody Decker ready to step into a MLB contender. Holmes was criticizing the White Sox roster depth and thought that Score contributor, Cody Decker, who doesn't appear to have much MLB success, as a need.

You seem to listen every day. Is this some sort of hate listening phenomenon or are they doing something you enjoy?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

Warren Newson wrote:
BD wrote:
Everything is "dope", sometimes things are "gorgeous" according to Lawrence Holmes.

Also, according to Holmes, the White Sox need more 4A type players like Cody Decker ready to step into a MLB contender. Holmes was criticizing the White Sox roster depth and thought that Score contributor, Cody Decker, who doesn't appear to have much MLB success, as a need.

You seem to listen every day. Is this some sort of hate listening phenomenon or are they doing something you enjoy?

You aren't addressing the question. Do you have a response?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
bernstein asking why stroman would ever consider pitching for team usa when he can play for team puerto rico.

right, it's lindor's blonde hair dye. such a fun team.

the man is terrified/hates any forms of american nationalism, including it's innocuous and multi-racial national baseball team. let's get jerry narron on to talk about team israel baseball. does he think no one picks up this stuff?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:26 am 

pizza_Place: palermo's
Derplington wrote:
Listened recently and they were talking about the greatest tennis players ever. Nadal, Federer, Djokovic were obviously mentioned. Serena was brought up as the greatest women's player ever. Then Larry said she has the case for greatest tennis player ever, period.

Reminded me of when McEnroe got raked over the coals for saying Serena would be ranked 700 or something if she played in the men's league.

i'm drunk and just wanted to log in to ask you what the fuck are you talking about? serena has 37 titles (singles and doubles combined) and 4 gold medals. she deserves a mention you ass.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:19 am 

pizza_Place: Panino's
tg10kc wrote:
Derplington wrote:

i'm drunk and just wanted to log in to ask you what the fuck are you talking about? serena has 37 titles (singles and doubles combined) and 4 gold medals. she deserves a mention you ass.

And she would get absolutely destroyed by any men's pro player. She's arguably the greatest female tennis player ever. She's not arguably the greatest tennis player ever.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:21 am 

BD wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
BD wrote:

Okay. I'll answer your question. Do men really speak like this? Yes, sometimes. They're putting on a radio show and try to be silly from time to time. If it gets too silly for my taste I PTFB.

Do you enjoy getting annoyed by these guys? If you do, that's okay. If you're honestly torturing yourself, I just don't get it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:35 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Derplington wrote:
tg10kc wrote:
Derplington wrote:

And she would get absolutely destroyed by any men's pro player. She's arguably the greatest female tennis player ever. She's not arguably the greatest tennis player ever.

Correct. It's a horrible, pandering stance by Sir. The fact that Serena has destroyed her competition means nothing outside of that limited set of opponents. It would be the same as saying the UCONN women's basketball team is the greatest team ever. Completely absurd.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:36 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Derplington wrote:
tg10kc wrote:
Derplington wrote:

It’s not a negative to say she’s the greatest female tennis player.

Saying she’s the greatest ever across the full spectrum of genders is condescending and diminishes her by inviting comparisons to objectively better athletes.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:59 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Listened to Larry & parroting Leila talking about the Sox. Do they ever discuss the team that isn't blaming TLR themed. I'm not a big fan of this PC, yesman, back patting, slow witted TLR version. But, is he to blame when a lot of current MLB players are lazy, stupid, injury prone, primadonnas that simply don't care about the game other than the money.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

Warren Newson wrote:
BD wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
BD wrote:

Okay. I'll answer your question. Do men really speak like this? Yes, sometimes. They're putting on a radio show and try to be silly from time to time. If it gets too silly for my taste I PTFB.

Do you enjoy getting annoyed by these guys? If you do, that's okay. If you're honestly torturing yourself, I just don't get it.

I have mentioned it in previous posts, but when they having good sports conversations and not hinting any their political/social agenda's, it's not a bad show. In fact, it can be pretty good. I do get annoyed with some things obviously, but I don't mind most of their sports conversations.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

vitoscotti wrote:
Listened to Larry & parroting Leila talking about the Sox. Do they ever discuss the team that isn't blaming TLR themed. I'm not a big fan of this PC, yesman, back patting, slow witted TLR version. But, is he to blame when a lot of current MLB players are lazy, stupid, injury prone, primadonnas that simply don't care about the game other than the money.

Most of their show has turned into TLR bashing and subtle (or not so subtle) hints of him being a racist, etc.

They do put some blame on the players, but they have turned a page and now do believe that the manager is pulling this team down to where it's at after years of saying a manager has no impact. Obviously, there's some major undertones here as to why they are so focused on TLR.

TLR should be fired, but is he responsible for a team that can't hit HR's anymore? Maybe if they were having more fun, they would hit more HR's? That seems to be the argument that TLR is a old, racist, senile, out of touch manager who has destroyed the culture of the team and makes 2-3 game changing (in a negative) sense moves every game. I think the issues go beyond him, but he definitely should be held accountable (by being fired) for the state of this team.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
BD wrote:
Sir + Keyser Soze = MATCH!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
LaRussa brought in the guy they pay a lot of money to get the last 3 outs in the game and he blew it. He also brought in a defensive replacement last night that dropped a game ending pop up .Of course its his fault when those guys dont execute. Throw in the fact he's obviously racist and I mean, why not shoot the president ??

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Derplington wrote:
tg10kc wrote:
Derplington wrote:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
LaRussa brought in the guy they pay a lot of money to get the last 3 outs in the game and he blew it. He also brought in a defensive replacement last night that dropped a game ending pop up .Of course its his fault when those guys dont execute. Throw in the fact he's obviously racist and I mean, why not shoot the president ??

I wasn't able to see the game last night, but I'm sure TLR made several other bad moves that should have put the game out of reach and made your points irrelevant.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
In pro sports, I think there’s a punitive merit in firing coaches, even when they’re not obviously responsible for underperformance.

You can’t get rid of players with guaranteed contracts. You can’t send vets to the minors to prove a point. But you can take guys who are very proud, professional athletes, and show them a real, visceral consequence of their failure. Somebody lost his job because of you. Maybe more than one guy. His family now has to figure out next steps because you suck.

It’s like decimation in Roman times. You want to fight like little bitches against the Gauls or whomever? Fine, but say goodbye to one of your ten friends.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

BD wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

I wasn't able to see the game last night, but I'm sure TLR made several other bad moves that should have put the game out of reach and made your points irrelevant.

Ha, I wasn't far off. On the show today, Holmes and Rahimi both agreed that TLR was at fault for the loss last night. Not paying attention to the health of Luis Roberts, not using Hendricks more consistently, TLR pushing to sign Joe Kelly....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:59 pm 

BD wrote:
BD wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Ha, I wasn't far off. On the show today, Holmes and Rahimi both agreed that TLR was at fault for the loss last night. Not paying attention to the health of Luis Roberts, not using Hendricks more consistently, TLR pushing to sign Joe Kelly....

Is LaRussa baseball Trump?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesars
Nardi wrote:
BD wrote:
BD wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

I've never seen JORR licking TLR balls so not likely.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:18 pm 

Nardi wrote:
BD wrote:
BD wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Biden

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:44 pm 

BD wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
BD wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
BD wrote:

I have mentioned it in previous posts, but when they having good sports conversations and not hinting any their political/social agenda's, it's not a bad show. In fact, it can be pretty good. I do get annoyed with some things obviously, but I don't mind most of their sports conversations.

I agree with you that the show can be pretty good. In fact, I think it's unfairly maligned. I judge it against it's predecessors. It's better than Bernstein/Rahimi and Bernstein/McKnight. Also, it could be better than Bernstein/Goff if they can keep the political commentary to a minimum.

The interesting point of discussion about this show is what's going to happen when it fails. Someone is going to have to go, and I'm going to guess that someone is Bernstein.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:26 am 

tg10kc wrote:
Derplington wrote:

welcome to the board and I look forward to your posting

good to see you again as well stlmax

Bears championship season is bringing everyone out

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:32 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Derplington wrote:
tg10kc wrote:
Derplington wrote:

Correct. It's a horrible, pandering stance by Sir. The fact that Serena has destroyed her competition means nothing outside of that limited set of opponents. It would be the same as saying the UCONN women's basketball team is the greatest team ever. Completely absurd.

Don't the women play less sets than the men?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:39 am 

hnd wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Derplington wrote:
tg10kc wrote:
Derplington wrote:

Shut your damn mouth!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:59 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
The whole "pretend the women are as good as the men" movement in sports is pretty funny actually. The fact that some people believe Serena can hang in there with top men is hilarious, or that pre-gulag Brittney Griner could beat Demarcus Cousins or ANY NBA player in one-on-one is facepalm territory.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:50 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Warren Newson wrote:
BD wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
BD wrote:

Don't listen, but there are plenty of vids out there exposing media/political types for trying to push terms/phrases that nobody actually says in real life, it's an effort to shore up your street cred with the SJW gang. Kind of like when a caller (remember when sport talk radio used to actually include other viewpoints) would start a call by saying, "I'm a season ticket holder", just insecure dudes trying to please members of an imaginary peer group they aspire to be a part of someday.

You also find this whenever they have someone on from the Athletic, all the local sports radio goons in the "smart fans" collection of crackpots really, really, really want to work for the Athletic someday.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:32 am 

hnd wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Derplington wrote:
tg10kc wrote:
Derplington wrote:

in grand slams they play best of 3, while the men play best of 5. if the women want to try best of 5 and then demand equal payment for their efforts, i'm all for that.

it was good to see serena win last night, since this is most likely her last event as a player. i still remember her playing when i was in high school. it's a hell of an era, but her attitude toward retiring doesn't need to sound bitter. she will be considered the best women's tennis player for a long time.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:12 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
BD wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
BD wrote:

Don't listen, but there are plenty of vids out there exposing media/political types for trying to push terms/phrases that nobody actually says in real life, it's an effort to shore up your street cred with the SJW gang. Kind of like when a caller (remember when sport talk radio used to actually include other viewpoints) would start a call by saying, "I'm a season ticket holder", just insecure dudes trying to please members of an imaginary peer group they aspire to be a part of someday.

You also find this whenever they have someone on from the Athletic, all the local sports radio goons in the "smart fans" collection of crackpots really, really, really want to work for the Athletic someday.

This was a Good Dolphin level effort.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 80  Next