It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:52 am 
1000 CLUB

After years of searching, I figured out the Sports radio code. Son of a bitch!!! It all makes sense now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZucVRU-h1oY

I'll keep it to myself, unless one of you is able to guess it. This is something you have to figure out for yourself.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:17 am 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
RFDC wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Let's try and advance this speculation. Advancing speculation on a rumor from a racist source is fun!!!!

So if Mac did leak this to Elmhurst Steve, I'm gonna guess that Mac got this information from Mitch that talks aren't going well. That it might not get done. Cuz we know Mitch loves Mac and would tell him such things.

I'm also guessing that it's probably somewhere between a month to 6 weeks until Bernstein's current deal expires. Nothing to base this on. I'm just saying if this is coming out now it can't be too much longer than that. Panic from the talk show host starts to set in at about the 6 week mark in these types of things. That's when you start thinking a deal might not be struck.

IOW you are talking out your ass like always.

I always love when Beardown admits to reaching for a point.
This thread is full or reaches, starting with the original post.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:27 am 

Remember when Boers was in negotiations a few years ago? At one point, Bernstein stopped referring to the show as B and B. It appeared Terry might be gone for good -- then he returned. Not saying that will happen here, but I don't believe this will become a public feud. Bernsie doesn't go after management on the air -- like Mac does.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:43 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
SHARK wrote:
Mr. Moonvest? That's not his name. It's Les Moonvest, and he's the really BIG boss at CBS Corporation. The same Les that actually suspended Howard Stern when he used his former radio show as a shameless plug for Sirius/XM Satellite Radio before Stern signed off in 2005.

I once pitched a game show idea to Les Moonvest.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:56 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Look at Elmhurst Steve ignoring the questions about how he was mocked on Mac's show.

I can't say that I have any idea what you are referring to. I saw Mac at the Score remote at Champs recently and spoke with him there for a while, but didn't hear anyone say anything about me on air-except for Dan mentioning my presence there and it feeling like old times on the afternoon show. If I were aware of what you were referring to, I would have probably commented about it. But I would guess that whatever comment you are referring to, was one made in jest and not worth the time to worry about. As far as this thread goes.....you may have noticed that neither Lil Danny boy, nor his minions have said anything about this being eroneous. That's because it's true.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:58 am 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Look at Elmhurst Steve ignoring the questions about how he was mocked on Mac's show.

I can't say that I have any idea what you are referring to. I saw Mac at the Score remote at Champs recently and spoke with him there for a while, but didn't hear anyone say anything about me on air-except for Dan mentioning my presence there and it feeling like old times on the afternoon show. If I were aware of what you were referring to, I would have probably commented about it. But I would guess that whatever comment you are referring to, was one made in jest and not worth the time to worry about. As far as this thread goes.....you may have noticed that neither Lil Danny boy, nor his minions have said anything about this being eroneous. That's because it's true.
I don't know the exact quote because I was only partly paying attention, but I remember Spiegel specifically, but also Mac being pretty dismissive.

Then again, you refuse to acknowledge how B&B disrespected your brand, so it's not a shock you don't "have any idea" about this either. Deep down though, I think you know exactly what I'm talking about. Maybe someone else will remember it and post it here.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:54 am 

I don't believe Dan is on the way out at the Score. But he could easily bow down to the Mouse and become a Disney shill. Does he ever actually use the name "ESPN" when criticizing their coverage of sports? Or is it always just the "Booyahs?" That kind of nebulous term could be applied to specific anchors rather than total corporate policy if he was ever questioned about his past conduct in relation to ESPN before taking a job with them.

Dan won't get rolled like North and he wouldn't leave the Score unless he had a nice alternative nest already built for himself.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I don't know the exact quote because I was only partly paying attention, but I remember Spiegel specifically, but also Mac being pretty dismissive.

Then again, you refuse to acknowledge how B&B disrespected your brand, so it's not a shock you don't "have any idea" about this either. Deep down though, I think you know exactly what I'm talking about. Maybe someone else will remember it and post it here.

No-I don't. if you have a day/time when such a comment was made I would go back and listen to the podcast. But I have no idea what comment you are referring to. if it was made by Spiegal...I have commented that on days Dan is missing from the show, I immediately switch to Silvy and Waddle and that I don't listen to the show when Mac isn't on. If he made a comment that was derogatory in any way, it's not something I would think twice about. But again, I have not heard anything of a mocking nature personally.

As far as B&B goes, I have spoke of my disdain for that show enough already. The last time I called that show, was to debate Lil Danny about his position on a 6 man pitching rotation. he said it was always a bad idea. i called to say that in 2011 for the white Sox it was a great idea. it gave Buehrle extra rest to avoid the late season declines he had suffered in recent years and gave Peavy (coming off surgery) needed extra rest. Those 2 guys were their best 2 pitchers, so unlike a staff like the Phillies, where Halliday and Lee were both healthy and losing a few starts in such a scenario, the top 2 pitchers in the Sox staff were the ones benefitting. He then argued that that was one specific situation and that 6 mans are a terrible idea otherwise. i began to argue that all situations have to be viewed as specific to their teams and that perhaps if Danks and Floyd were not injured that the Sox should have used a 6 man rotation again, to assure that Sale not pitch too many innings and that Peavy not break down. It could have been a good debate, but I think Danny knew he was being made to look foolish, so he ended the call. The show's dismissive way with callers and disrespect towards callers (not just me, but callers in general) is just 1 thing I dislike about what I believe is just a bad show. May it rest in peace soon.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:56 pm 

Q.Bovifs wrote:
Why is he wasting his time slumming it here when he should be maxing out his contacts and stashing as much cash as possible?

I have never understood why people care so much about this stuff.

Since when is having a drive time radio sports show where he makes plenty of cash slumming it? He seems to enjoy his life. His wife is happy. His kids are happy. Why mess with a good thing? I can easily understand why he chooses to stay put.

He has a life that 99.9% of the people on this board would change places with him in an instant, and yet he is slumming it?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

Let's cut to the chase on this Elmhurst Steve. Who is your source that Dan Bernstein is likely out.

IS DEEP THROAT, AS MANY HAVE ASSUMED, NONE OTHER THAN DAN MCNEIL? :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:51 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
RFDC wrote:
Q.Bovifs wrote:
Why is he wasting his time slumming it here when he should be maxing out his contacts and stashing as much cash as possible?

Since when is having a drive time radio sports show where he makes plenty of cash slumming it? He seems to enjoy his life. His wife is happy. His kids are happy. Why mess with a good thing? I can easily understand why he chooses to stay put.

He has a life that 99.9% of the people on this board would change places with him in an instant, and yet he is slumming it?

Count me amongst the .1%.
Why in the hell would most here want to trade places with Berns? I guess maybe the under achieving slackers who don't feel good about themselves might.
How the hell does anyone know that Danny, his Wife & kids are happy?

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:03 am 

I would tag Mac a "bad guy" if he is the one leaking the info.
Doesn't that mean all of his verbal jousts in Bernie's direction at the Friday remote were anger driven -- hardly playful in nature (which was how it was played).
I don't see it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:08 am 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
Brian's Mojito wrote:
Doesn't that mean all of his verbal jousts in Bernie's direction at the Friday remote were anger driven -- hardly playful in nature (which was how it was played).
I don't see it.

You should start a thread with this thought.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:45 am 

Brian's Mojito wrote:
I don't see it.

Nearly every person at the Score feels the same way about Berns as Mac does. Employees like Berns are cancerous to any organization. Shit disturbers like little Danny always end up losing their jobs, which will happen to him. Its never too late in life to learn & perhaps Dan will learn at the age of 40 that treating others like shit isn't good for anyone.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:10 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I think Soldier Field should be renamed Fort Marshall.

Mike Nort wrote:
It's called Soldier's Field.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:31 am 

SHARK wrote:
I'm channel surfing when I wake up, and I see Mike North on Mancow's new TV show on FOX-owned My50. Since when were both of these frauds relevant?

Mancow and Nort are about as relevant as polio.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:35 am 

SHARK wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Beardown wrote:
I think somebody here said that those negotiations, while North eventually turned down an offer, were basically a force out. They showed no confidence in him, offered him a one year deal at a big pay cut and probably weren't gonna extend him after that. Zim probably knew a fool like North would walk and that's what he wanted him to do all along. A passive aggressive firing, if you will.

He played North against North. He banked on North being stupid. Cuz he knew he was stupid.

Yeah, that's pretty much how it went.

Mike was guaranteed the first 13 weeks of his contract. And nothing else. Mike North's fucking of himself has gone down in radio history like the Lou Brock trade did in baseball.

Shortly after Mike left radio ratings went from a written diary, to the more accurate electronic style of tracking listeners. North's ratings would have risen instantaneously with the first book.

North made Zimmerman a radio legend for what he pulled off.

Ok. You seem to know how it went down. Only 13 weeks guarenteed? That sounds like Zim was just buying himself time to find North's replacement.

Don't think for one second that Zimmerman doesn't proudly tell this story at CBS corporate functions. Have a big laugh over it while sipping on a martini. "I knew that dumb ass would eventually just fall on his sword, Mr. Moonvest. The size of his ego was only matched by his stupidity. I knew he'd walk." That type of thing. Don't think these things don't help him with his bosses who are always looking for ruthless, shrewd execs to help them cut costs.

Mr. Moonvest? That's not his name. It's Les Moonves, and he's the really BIG boss at CBS Corporation. The same Les that actually suspended Howard Stern when he used his former radio show as a shameless plug for Sirius/XM Satellite Radio before Stern signed off in 2005.

It didn't go down like that at all. He wasn't "shamelessly plugging Sirius" (Sirius and XM were still rival companies at the time), he didn't even mention them by name. He just said the new place, or "eh eh eh". This was obviously approved by management, because he did it for more than one year. He signed the Sirius deal in October 2004, and didn't start until January of 2006.

<º)))><

Last edited by Chus on Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:41 am 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Bernstein has never mentioned this place on the air, and he posted here ONCE for an "Ask Dan" segment. Drinky hasn't posted since July 10th. Why would either of them address this here? WTF are you talking about? Open the windows when you paint, those fumes are bad for you.

So, if radio guys don't address rumors started by an idiot in Elmhurst, then the rumors are true? How do you even tie your shoes in the morning?

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:07 am 

Scorehead wrote:
Nearly every person at the Score feels the same way about Berns as Mac does.

You have no idea if this is true.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:08 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Fuckin' BernSTINE.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:09 am 

Scorehead wrote:

You claim to know that everybody at the Score hates Bernstein. How the hell do you know that?

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:10 am 

Scorehead wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Q.Bovifs wrote:

Why in the hell would most here want to trade places with Berns? I guess maybe the under achieving slackers who don't feel good about themselves might.

You seriously do not get on a SPORTS message board why anyone would want to trade places with Bernsie as he gets to talk SPORTS all the time and get PAID (rather well) to do it? You are a bigger idiot than I realized.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:11 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
Berns has shit the bed on his own career. If he was smart, he would have set himself up as a major player in the launch of the CBS sports radio network. As I have mentioned in the past, Berns was a rising star 5 years ago. That star is now flickering and most radio execs want nothing to do with a clown like Berns who craps on his audience and has turned into a miserable prick.

He hosts a top rated drive-time talk show in the third largest market in the country. How is his star flickering exactly?

How are you even able to dress yourself in the morning?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:30 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

I know what I know. If you don't believe me, just ask the insiders on this board who also know. Is it really all that surprising to hear that most of Berns co workers think he's a tool?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:55 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Q.Bovifs wrote:

You seriously do not get on a SPORTS message board why anyone would want to trade places with Bernsie as he gets to talk SPORTS all the time and get PAID (rather well) to do it? You are a bigger idiot than I realized.

First of all, Happy New Year RFDC.
My comment about not wanting to trade places with Berns has more to do with his personality than his profession.
I wouldn't want his personality or outlook on the world and others for all the money in the world...but that's just me.

Last edited by Scorehead on Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
Keeping Score wrote:
Regardless of whether or not one would want to be Bernstein, the fact remains that "BEERSTAIN" is one of the dumbest things I've ever read in my life.

This entire thread is why we can't have nice things.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:20 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

I know what I know. If you don't believe me, just ask the insiders on this board who also know. Is it really all that surprising to hear that most of Berns co workers think he's a tool?

You know nothing and you are a tool. Those two things are crystal clear.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:22 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

There's no insiders on this board.
:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:39 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

There's no insiders on this board.
:lol: :lol:

There are at least 4.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:42 pm 

I can't wait until you tell everyone who they are.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next