It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2039 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 68  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:50 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
HawaiiYou wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
no surprise, said the super bowl 'sucked'.

his socially acceptable qb of choice didn't perform, so, revert to plan B for his millions of fans and followers... 1) talk about how poor chiefs' offensive line is and 2) how great todd bowles is.

he's as predictable as the sun rising in the east.

last week, during a transition; bernstein told mully & haugh that he was taking the chiefs to win. i never heard him say anything about how poor the chiefs' offensive line is the past few weeks and how that might give the bucs a chance to win.

the KC offensive line excuse gained traction right after the game after they got blown out last night. But I had not heard of it leading up w/ the sb as everyone was predicting a KC win.

Guys were dropping passes at key times. Defense was getting penalized at key times. Momentum was a freight train in this game. Honestly, if they played next Sunday, I'd take KC again.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:51 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
pittmike wrote:
Were there line injuries we didn't know about for KC?

exactly!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
denisdman wrote:
The guy does not like sports. I think that is obvious.
I disagree. I don't think he likes what sports have become over the past 5-10 years. He just doesn't realize that he himself is a root cause of what sports have become over those past 5-10 years.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:55 pm 

If he came on the air today and declared that if you rooted for Tom Brady to win then you're a racist it would not surprise me.

That's how shit this guy is to listen to.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:04 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
Nardi wrote:
Guys were dropping passes at key times. Defense was getting penalized at key times. Momentum was a freight train in this game. Honestly, if they played next Sunday, I'd take KC again.

the 2020 packers, the 1987 bears, '69 colts...etc..all say the same thing. there is no next sunday.

you bring up actual points, but, mahomes and the 2020 chiefs lost.

romo was correct. mahomes needed to win this game when debating goat (if mahomes continues at current numbers and titles) in 15 years. mahomes, as a 25 y/o, couldn't defeat the 43 y/o qb in goat question and mahomes had the better team - as you infer if they played again next sunday. if this mahomes vs brady debate exists in 15 years, the 2021 super bowl has the answer.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:08 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
denisdman wrote:
The guy does not like sports. I think that is obvious.
I disagree. I don't think he likes what sports have become over the past 5-10 years. He just doesn't realize that he himself is a root cause of what sports have become over those past 5-10 years.

well said. he seems to have compromised his sport acumen in favor of sjw fever. he moved his own toggle switch to his own detriment...from objectivity to subjectivity.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:56 am 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
Nardi wrote:

the 2020 packers, the 1987 bears, '69 colts...etc..all say the same thing. there is no next sunday.

you bring up actual points, but, mahomes and the 2020 chiefs lost.

romo was correct. mahomes needed to win this game when debating goat (if mahomes continues at current numbers and titles) in 15 years. mahomes, as a 25 y/o, couldn't defeat the 43 y/o qb in goat question and mahomes had the better team - as you infer if they played again next sunday. if this mahomes vs brady debate exists in 15 years, the 2021 super bowl has the answer.

thats what playing brady does to you. you as the opposing QB think you have to match him stat to stat instead of winning the game to your team. that's exactly what happened to aaron rodgers in the nfc champ game. instead of improving his team chances and running for 2 plays in that 'fg drive', he tried to throw a td pass so he could keep up with brady and the goat hype.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:04 pm 

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:10 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I commented on him this morning in the game thread. He was still blasting about the stupid bunt and TLR wearing his cap off to the side. This is just going to be his hill to die on for some reason.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
After a long holdout, I finally gave up on Danny last week. He had some guy on for a very long discussion on chain of custody for MLB memorabilia. Interspersed were his and Leila’s comments re: how compelling of a segment it was and how interesting & smart the conversation was. I get you have to blow the guests a bit, but it was the worst few minutes of radio I’ve heard in a long time.

After the segment, flipped over to Carmen & Jurko and they were acting like normal humans and having a discussion on gambling or something. Honestly I don’t remember. I just knew it was the moment I wrote off Bernstein.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
conns7901 wrote:

Does Dan want LaRussa fired because managers and coaches matter, or because they don't matter so who cares if you fire them? I know for sure what isn't fueling this, and that's Dan's perceptions about Tony LaRussa's politics and those of people who like him.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
For some reason, Parkins decided it would be a good idea to bring Bernstein on the show today at 4 pm to talk about LaRussa. What followed was one of the most pointless tirades I've ever heard, and as a result, I don't think I can ever listen to him again on WSCR. It's been trending that way, but now it will be instant PTFB.

Ok, you don't agree with his decision to bunt last Friday. But to hear him drone on about the "7+ documented times TLR has lowered the Sox's chances to win a game" was just dumb. To Parkins' credit, he asked Dan, "wouldn't you say there have also been moves he made that improved their chances?" After a long pause, DB stated, "no...and it's impossible to know or quantify." He then went on to say he "didn't think TLR was trying to sabotage the team" (what?) but he was doing damage to the culture. He dismissed their current 1st place record despite major injuries and said anyone else would have the Sox where they are in the standings (or better), and he refused to give any credit to TLR for the successes of any of the players.

He came across as a complete asshole.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:27 pm 

I listened to bernsie rant today on his show and then again on Parkins and meatpants. He is being really stupid right now. I understand the issue with the bunting, it is something that Larussa should get away from, but you would think that the Sox were 10-30 right now. They are in 1st place and have one of the best records in baseball. If they had not bunted all those times they would not be much better record wise than they are currently. You cannot ask for much more than what the Sox have done, especially without Eloy and Robert. So this stupid stuff needs to end. Enjoy the Sox being one of the best teams in baseball.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
For some reason, Parkins decided it would be a good idea to bring Bernstein on the show today at 4 pm to talk about LaRussa. What followed was one of the most pointless tirades I've ever heard, and as a result, I don't think I can ever listen to him again on WSCR. It's been trending that way, but now it will be instant PTFB.

Ok, you don't agree with his decision to bunt last Friday. But to hear him drone on about the "7+ documented times TLR has lowered the Sox's chances to win a game" was just dumb. To Parkins' credit, he asked Dan, "wouldn't you say there have also been moves he made that improved their chances?" After a long pause, DB stated, "no...and it's impossible to know or quantify." He then went on to say he "didn't think TLR was trying to sabotage the team" (what?) but he was doing damage to the culture. He dismissed their current 1st place record despite major injuries and said anyone else would have the Sox where they are in the standings (or better), and he refused to give any credit to TLR for the successes of any of the players.

So he actually said "Managers matter," and "It's impossible to know if managers matter," and "Managers don't matter," all in the same tirade?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

So he actually said "Managers matter," and "It's impossible to know if managers matter," and "Managers don't matter," all in the same tirade?

:lol: :lol:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:47 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
I haven't even thought about turning on his show in months. Months!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:50 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:

If only the Sox wouldve hired a manager that never made any mistakes . 7 plus times??? and theyre documented ??? O M G

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Listened to Bernstein for a few minutes on the way to the grocery store going off on Larussa. This has nothing to do with bunting strategy. Pure hate. Jason Goff in sheep's clothing.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:17 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
I know for sure what isn't fueling this, and that's Dan's perceptions about Tony LaRussa's politics and those of people who like him

What are you talking about ? Its only about the bunting , bruh.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
It's incredibly annoying how politics has permeated every single facet of our culture. I never thought I would see the day where the White Sox manager would be kicked around as a political football, but here we are. Bernstein and everyone else who tore their hair out when LaRussa was hired were being ridiculous. However, everyone else who now feels compelled to defend LaRussa because Bernstein and his ilk were being ridiculous are also part of the problem.

Was LaRussa the best manager the White Sox could have hired? Probably not. Was he the worst? Probably not. Is he better than Renteria? Probably yes. That's the truth of the situation and no amount of cultural/political warfare is going to change it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:57 am 

Quote:
An important reminder in here that La Russa supported (!) AZ SB 1070.

Good luck explaining that to this Sox team.

was disappointed, but not surprised; dan didn't comment on recent israel troubles and BLM & pro-palestinian 'alliance'. picks and chooses the low hanging fruit. he'll get lit up by the woke if he tweets support for israel and he sadly knows that - regardless of how many blm patches are sewn onto junior hockey sweaters.

some people believe in following the law.

where there are no laws...there is no civilization, dan. so says lt. col. nicholson.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:03 am 

conns7901 wrote:

anti Larussa sentiment is equally vocal and familiar

People on Soxtalk attempted to cause boycotts of Sox sponsors over the move, just as one example.

I didn't like the hire. Reinsdorf doesn't consult with me.

I do like the White Sox. They are in first place.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:21 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I've never been a fan of LaRussa. I would have preferred they had hired someone else. But as I've said countless times, I don't believe the manager really matters.

A few things:

The fascination with bunting and running is organizational. The Sox aren't bunting and running because they hired LaRussa. They hired LaRussa because he believes in bunting and running. Just like Ricky "Papa Bunt" Renteria, Robin Ventura, and Ozzie Guillen did. I think this goes back to the days of the old ballpark when hitting homeruns was nearly impossible and the team was forced to scratch out runs. There's a line from the Hitless Wonders through the Go Go Sox all the way to today. Sox fans are the only fans I've ever heard complain about their team hitting "too many" home runs.

Also, can dan bernstein or anyone else give an example of a black or Hispanic or even a white player who had any serious beef with playing for LaRussa? For as long as he's managed I assume there must be a few, but I honestly can't think of one.

Finally, li'l danny must have missed the interview the other day where Yermin Mercedes talked about how much he LOVES LaRussa.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:27 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I've never been a fan of LaRussa. I would have preferred they had hired someone else. But as I've said countless times, I don't believe the manager really matters.

A few things:

The fascination with bunting and running is organizational. The Sox aren't bunting and running because they hired LaRussa. They hired LaRussa because he believes in bunting and running. Just like Ricky "Papa Bunt" Renteria, Robin Ventura, and Ozzie Guillen did. I think this goes back to the days of the old ballpark when hitting homeruns was nearly impossible and the team was forced to scratch out runs. There's a line from the Hitless Wonders through the Go Go Sox all the way to today. Sox fans are the only fans I've ever heard complain about their team hitting "too many" home runs.

Also, can dan bernstein or anyone else give an example of a black or Hispanic or even a white player who had any serious beef with playing for LaRussa? For as long as he's managed I assume there must be a few, but I honestly can't think of one.

Finally, li'l danny must have missed the interview the other day where Yermin Mercedes talked about how much he LOVES LaRussa.

The biggest example this season that should have put this thing to rest was Tim Anderson's comments. He more or less said no bid deal Tony makes the lineup card, we play and do our thing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:32 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
pittmike wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

A few things:

The biggest example this season that should have put this thing to rest was Tim Anderson's comments. He more or less said no bid deal Tony makes the lineup card, we play and do our thing.

Again, that goes back to what Pat Murphy says, "The players run the clubhouse, not the manager."

I just read the other day that early in Spring Training LaRussa gathered the guys he considered the seven key veterans for a meeting and told those guys something like, "This is your team. You guys run it, run the clubhouse, take care of business among yourselves. I'll just concentrate on strategy and if I see something I don't like I'll let you guys know so you can handle it."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:54 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Again, that goes back to what Pat Murphy says, "The players run the clubhouse, not the manager."

I just read the other day that early in Spring Training LaRussa gathered the guys he considered the seven key veterans for a meeting and told those guys something like, "This is your team. You guys run it, run the clubhouse, take care of business among yourselves. I'll just concentrate on strategy and if I see something I don't like I'll let you guys know so you can handle it."

Silvy on ESPN 1000 said that the Heyward speech during the 2016 World Series was more of a fuck Joe Maddon meeting than anything else. Let's win it despite how stupid he is. I

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
I don't follow Julie or Bernstein on Twitter. Interesting that they're not allies though they're two peas in a pod on their views. Except Israel. Bernstein off the air has to be strong pro Israel with his family history. An enemy view of Julie.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:10 am 

Surprised no one posted this. Peak woke Bernstein.

Dan Bernstein
@dan_bernstein
·
Aug 12
In ‘88 I was that team’s PA announcer, making $15 per game. A game was a six-hour day.

Also, I was white-privileged to have been given the job through parents’ country club connections. It started my career.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:10 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
cookie23 wrote:
Surprised no one posted this. Peak woke Bernstein.

Dan Bernstein
@dan_bernstein
·
Aug 12
In ‘88 I was that team’s PA announcer, making $15 per game. A game was a six-hour day.

Also, I was white-privileged to have been given the job through parents’ country club connections. It started my career.

What a wimpy white guy.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:22 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Sounds more like rich-privilege than white-privilege.

I'm white and none of my Dad's country club friends would have gotten me a job.

The limits of membership to a public 9-hole course I suppose.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2039 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 68  Next