It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 600 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:18 am 

whatsamotta_u wrote:
I just never have an opinion I think is good or relevant enough to share. .

Agreed

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
I can't bring myself to listen to this show at all anymore. I've listened to the score since high school and i have put up with every iteration of bernstein since boers, but this show is the end for me. I will occasionally hate listen to holmes and i've even tried to hate listen to this, but i don't even feel hate. I feel nothing. This show is nothing and it fucking sucks. I have a feeling it will continue far past what it deserves to despite what are going to be atrocious ratings, simply because they can't shitcan a woman as fast as they truly need to. I pray to god a change is made before september because i generally enjoy dans bears thoughts. But it wont happen, and whatever enjoyment i would have had will be ruined by a woman who could easily be replaced by an intern reciting the top twitter responses of the day.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:46 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
I'm beginning to think that Leila has been doing the show drunk lately. She's been louder and more animated, and her speech seems slurred fairly frequently.

While I can't blame her for feeling she needs to be inebriated in order to interact with Bernstein, she is not an entertaining drunk.

The Bernstein-Rahimi pairing is easily one of the worst partnerships in Score history--comfortably residing somewhere between Bernstein-McKnight and Hampton-Holmes.

I wonder if Score management will hold Bernstein accountable for this debacle. It's unlikely the station's only female host will pay the price in the current environment.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:05 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Gave a listen last week while in the car. It's really hard to do a daily local sports talk show if you have no investment in the local teams, Rahimi seems like a good reporter type, but has no investment in the local teams, so her opinions are bland restatements of stuff she's read or stuff others have said. In these circumstances a host can succeed as a guest or fill in host, but the day to day requirements of feeding a rabid fan base will never be met.

It will be interesting how long the current forced SJW mandates will continue before being summarily rejected. There is and will be a huge market of middle aged white guys that isn't going away for the next 20-30 years. You seem them in the aisles at Binny's agonizing over overpriced craft beers.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store

past and present together... ! though unfortunately, Leila has as many interesting comments in this clip as she's had so far hosting w/dan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:05 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Turn the sound down and watch them bobblehead.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's
The Score's ratings overall the past few months;

Dec: 1.7
Holidays: 2.0
Jan: 2.3
Feb: 2.1

Dec was a lull. Bears sucked and were pretty much done, people are listening to WLIT getting ready for the holidays and then the holidays themselves, no one is listening. January you had bowl games, and at the end, the Super Bowl, hence the spike. Then back to normal in Feb.

I wish I could find day parts without having to have a subscription to Nielsen.

And I should add, they tied with 87.7 METV-FM for 17th place in overall in Chicago. And that's not a knock against 87.7 WRME. February was a bad month for them, but they've been killing it in the past books for a low power FM playing that format in a city like Chicago.

Last edited by CDOM on Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:15 am 

billypootons wrote:

past and present together... ! though unfortunately, Leila has as many interesting comments in this clip as she's had so far hosting w/dan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:18 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's
Is that your "WOOD" ranking? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

billypootons wrote:

Amazing that these are the females representing Chicago media. Says a lot.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:49 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
That Maddie Lee chick has zero talent as a sports talker.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
Leila and Dan seem to have an odd chemistry, IMO. From what I can tell, Leila tries to be funny sometimes and Dan says nothing. Some awkward pauses and disjointed moments. Not too bad though, I obviously still listen and still look forward to the 10:45 segment.

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:31 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
TriColoredPastas wrote:
I can't bring myself to listen to this show at all anymore. I've listened to the score since high school and i have put up with every iteration of bernstein since boers, but this show is the end for me. I will occasionally hate listen to holmes and i've even tried to hate listen to this, but i don't even feel hate. I feel nothing. This show is nothing and it fucking sucks. I have a feeling it will continue far past what it deserves to despite what are going to be atrocious ratings, simply because they can't shitcan a woman as fast as they truly need to. I pray to god a change is made before september because i generally enjoy dans bears thoughts. But it wont happen, and whatever enjoyment i would have had will be ruined by a woman who could easily be replaced by an intern reciting the top twitter responses of the day.

While I can literally feel your pain here and I thusly commiserate, still, I gotta point out that comments like this are what's technically gonna fuel the faux-righteous firebrand rebuttals of ppl like Dan, schnutzie_, (can't forget the underscore. #BRANDED like Steve from elmhurst) maddux boy and the most ardent Bernstein ALS typed (you know, the kind of ppl who take pride in perennially being one of the first ~5ppl to like Bernstein's latest crossword clue/s)

AHEM. YEAH those guys are gonna come out and do a prim and proper version of july/julie-Lite(TM) and call you some kind of a bitter lonely man who hates women because they and they alone (or well,, together with all the beautiful ladies out there who didn't happen to be assigned that way at birth =) possess what you, now *****THE INCEL**** (accept no substitutes, cuz they are gonna try to use their big justice wielding branes to try and make mad libs + synonyms with "the people on the right side of history" and, alas mon frere, that isn't you because let's break down the obvious: you're insanely jealous that a LOWLY (ASSIGNED?) WOMAN is able to get YOUR dream job via a dynamic career built off of hard work true grit and otherworldly determination...m meanwhile YOU think you ought to be given a radio show cuz one day you went to pappy North,'s old hotdog stand waaYyy back in the day and after buying $10 worth of food and 2 t-shirts said you guys sure gotta do something someday. And you're still waiting for your fallen hero while our shining star rises from the river styx each morn goes into work and effortlessly entertains millions of people..... And maybe a combined 2-12% are actually paying attention to the radio at any given time.

And umm yeah.... Why do you hate women? I'll tell you why... Because they're (radio / show) ,",Holes" like opie and anthony taught us!!!

This chick is basically a "[radio] hole" there to "keep the show on track" and prevent things from getting too off track. Remember one Bernstein shows would self-proclaim their tendency to get old gay and weird like Uncle Terry? Good luck sharing those kinda moments with sheriff rahimi around. And when you try to appeal to her with reason you're reminded that she's a person too and so is her [family, friends, coworkers/acquaintances] and therefore [you gotta be a real human bean and stay on track otherwise human beings won't like it.

Oh yeah and we let this radio hole lead the proceedings because she has a vagina, a thing which can be fun as hell amazing empowering uplifting downtrodden and dirty to the point of being worthy of a whole aisle in the store.... You know a vagina can be anything in life...m except beautiful. Or on the technicality that you old pervs are thinking of what I'm thinking you're thinking, good luck with seeing how long that lasts.

and you know God was assigned make at birth because this nice cock.of mine (ask IMU, others can vouch) doesn't lose it's dark magic + vast powers the more it's used. Ain't that a kick I'm the head?

[Size=300][b][I][u]EAGLO.... WHY DO YOU HATE WOMEN? I WILL EXPECTYOUR REPLY TO BE NO LESS THAN 750-1000 XHARACTERS ABOUT THE DEEP SEEDED ISSUES THAT BROUGHT YOU HERE TO US TO DISCUDS YOUR NOTORIOUS HATRED OF EVERY WOMAN BECAUSE IF LEEOA RAHIMI.

now we're going to need you to sign this paper saying it's ok for us to evaluate you/r-responses for a couple days, we'll.gdt you out of here on Saturday and hey you should go see the nurse she'll give you some sleep meds that will help you fall asleep real nice and easy.... Mhmm? Just sign here.... X,........

(,AND THE CULT OF BEERSTAIN AND RAIMI CLAIM ANOTHER VICTIM UNDER THE PRETENSES OF SEEING A SOECIAL SNEAK PREVIEW OF TIBEY MSGUIRE RETURNING IN MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN 3: PETER STARKER'S REVENGE!!!!

and this was my original thought for a sign off / mic drop / big finish audio like dr who tf am I?...

But s better way to finish off this "vintage half in the bag sini post" Is simply to just sign my post as "sincerely, sinicalypse, aka the guy who gave this message board highly symbolic and no doubt super esoteric "too high to get over too low to get under* .... Dance music that, again, speaks to the veritable curse on his very soul that prohibits him from joining the real world with everyone else because.... Well.... Boers and Bernstein explain it ,@ https://youtu.be/h9H5nPWjWWA

And yes, as always, at some point I got pretty baked and listened to this and legit got chills ,/ afraid of my accidental sound editing super powers once I realize this song I slagged off like perfectly portrayed a character named "emessiah" literally crying out to the world "why can't I go out and play music guy / rap guy / tv show guy like all the other chosen people? ......oh cuz I randomly picked the handle emessiah at age 13-14 and that in and of itself sealed my date forever and ever and always?

Sincerely

# thee elevtrigremlin stuck in the phone systems @ frump tower

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:30 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Ditto.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Bernstein teased Leila's reaction to getting a ticket to yesterday's Opening Day game at Wrigley as "adorable", which I suppose could be taken as a little condescending -- not sure if he meant it that way or if I've been negatively influenced by, and have started hearing things through the filter of, the perpetually offended.

Leila gave a pretty good recap of her experience attending yesterday's game under the COVID protocols being followed by MLB teams. She said she was so happy to be able to go because, despite the fact that it's her job to watch games and talk about sports, she loves going to games on her days off and loves to watch sports and be a part of it. For as long as I have been listening to sports radio many in the media have acted like attending games is either nothing special or even a chore, complain about parking, having to wait in lines, the food in the press box, etc., so hearing someone who was genuinely excited to go to a game because it's something they love to do, even on their day off, was refreshing.

At the end of her story she said how nice it was just to be able to do something normal again like attend a ball game. Bernstein, never one to let an opportunity like this pass him by, talked about the sense of relief he felt when his parents were both vaccinated and wondered how a 4-year-old child feels about a third of their existence being lost due to the pandemic.

It might be awkward if Leila doesn't get one of Bernstein's references or doesn't have much to add after he makes a "profound" statement, but I've often complained about sports talk hosts trying too hard to sound smart or interjecting politics into their shows so I suppose I can't complain too much about someone who doesn't seem to do that, genuinely loves sports, and just wants to talk about them.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:06 am 
1000 CLUB

You're right. Leila really loves sports. Probably more than any women I've known. Some like it. Some do it for their jobs like you said. Leila actually loves sports.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:00 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Beardown wrote:
You're right. Leila really loves sports. Probably more than any women I've known. Some like it. Some do it for their jobs like you said. Leila actually loves sports.

Get the impression that almost all of the women covering sports have no real interest in sports and simply see covering sports as an easy way to enter into the entertainment business, after all it worked for Erin Andrews.

A disinterested yet attractive woman can get away with it on TV because a majority of the viewing audience is male and they will tolerate it because they know the sideline reporter job is basically eye candy and you will not learn anything. Radio however, especially local sports talk radio, requires a certain level of personal investment and fandom or it becomes really hard to sound engaged.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
leila said she got texted during an important interview with crane kenney by a 'friend' and later said her 'friend' was scolded for not properly wearing a mask during the game. eventually - and very reluctantly, she used the pronoun; his.

she's 'working' between 9-12 and her 'friend' texts her. hahaha. i can only assume it's not the creepy guy who tried to pick her up in a philly gym.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:10 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Clawmaster wrote:
Get the impression that almost all of the women covering sports have no real interest in sports and simply see covering sports as an easy way to enter into the entertainment business, after all it worked for Erin Andrews.

A disinterested yet attractive woman can get away with it on TV because a majority of the viewing audience is male and they will tolerate it because they know the sideline reporter job is basically eye candy and you will not learn anything. Radio however, especially local sports talk radio, requires a certain level of personal investment and fandom or it becomes really hard to sound engaged.

I wouldn't go so far to say that almost all have no real interest in sports but I agree with your basic premise. It is low on the reasons why young, attractive sideline reporters enter the profession.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:06 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
That's the nice thing about Taylor McGregor at Marquee, besides her rack. Her late father was the Rockies GM, so she actually grew up around the game even though Marquee makes her do puff pieces like how the new security machines at the entrances work.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:36 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
So today Dan's internet or whatever it is that brings us his voice from home and I was like ok this is interesting let's see how she handles this. The first 15 seconds were good. I think she was running down a pitch sequence. Then she had nothing. She was ike a deer in headlights. And they tried to go to commercial but then dan came back on and saved it.

Anyway, I was excited and then disappointed and then sad.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:07 pm 

Darkside wrote:
So today Dan's internet or whatever it is that brings us his voice from home and I was like ok this is interesting let's see how she handles this. The first 15 seconds were good. I think she was running down a pitch sequence. Then she had nothing. She was ike a deer in headlights. And they tried to go to commercial but then dan came back on and saved it.

Dan should call his Avaya guy.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Darkside wrote:

DAC wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

I wouldn't go so far to say that almost all have no real interest in sports but I agree with your basic premise. It is low on the reasons why young, attractive sideline reporters enter the profession.

From my perspective...some women have a cursory interest in sports say age 14 and beyond. By 12-13 just when things start to pick up competitively and when you are taught beyond basics it's talent focused we are effectively shut out of real competition physiologically. There aren't a lot of opportunities? or something and you aren't taught or there are no avenues for women to pursue. We don't learn, can't see it, or don't have the opportunity to. I was okay (arguably) with football discussion here for a while but I knew I was an outsider and it was because I had to A) seek out the info and B) having never experienced it, it was all theoretical. That's hard.

In Darkside's scenario, she can get to a point but then it all kind of goes away because there is really no depth but I don't know if you can blame that on her. It's really hard to describe. There is a lot that comes from playing and some of it is instinctual.

There is some truth to bigfan's adage of a really cool girl is just an okay guy.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:44 pm 

all in all, she's vanilla who says very little. i was kinda hoping we'd get opinions that she'd be willing to defend/connect the dots on.

only time i heard her speak with passion and conviction was her talking about being targeted by the tsa...she does perk up a bit when asked about philly or texas sports.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:51 pm 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
all in all, she's vanilla who says very little. i was kinda hoping we'd get opinions that she'd be willing to defend/connect the dots on.

only time i heard her speak with passion and conviction was her talking about being targeted by the tsa...she does perk up a bit when asked about philly or texas sports.

You'll get vanilla from women. What do you really want? That's what she knows then. Dan knows very little. Maybe that's the problem. I don't think he understands X'S and o's. Where did he play his ball?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:07 am 

what do i want? for her to challenge dan or give an opinion with conviction - when necessary or the opening presents itself.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:19 am 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
what do i want? for her to challenge dan or give an opinion with conviction - when necessary or the opening presents itself.

That's harder than you think especially with Dan. If she likes/loves sports there is a diametrically oppositional philosophy already which renders conversation moot. He is uncomfortable around women, he won't make her look stupid or wrong ever, he'll placate her, he's never really disagreed with his cohosts mostly because he's really a wimp. Why is it up to her to challenge Dan and his super smart thoughts? He doesn't know what he's talking about most of the time. He's stats and that's not really how sports operates or how it should operate.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:29 am 

she was presented with a golden chance with dan's la russa stance. dan gave his reasons, then fawned over jerry narron. the same reasons (doesn't care for nor can relate to POC players, too old) that are anti-la russa, could also apply to narron. narron, at age 65, was hired as a catcher guru to teach hispanic catchers grandal and mercedes. plus, narron also has zero MLB footprint.

she was there for all and never challenged him. take a stand. either la russa will do well or she agrees with dan. take a stand. have an opinion. the manager of a chicago baseball club is something to take a stand on.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:37 am 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
she was presented with a golden chance with dan's la russa stance. dan gave his reasons, then fawned over jerry narron. the same reasons (doesn't care for nor can relate to POC players, too old) that are anti-la russa, could also apply to narron. narron, at age 65, was hired as a catcher guru to teach hispanic catchers grandal and mercedes. plus, narron also has zero MLB footprint.

she was there for all and never challenged him. take a stand. either la russa will do well or she agrees with dan. take a stand. have an opinion. the manager of a chicago baseball club is something to take a stand on.

Baseball is boring as fuck. I legit couldn't name a Chicago manager or player now. you can argue that's her job...but a bigger waste of time to give cursory knowledge when dan doesn't know his elbow from his asshole, whatever.

The real problem is there is no investment.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:29 am 
1000 CLUB

1. Leila is intimidated by Dan. She doesn't want to sound stupid to him with opposite opinions. But ya know what, that was the same with Goff and Connor. So it has nothing to do with her being a women. Most SCORE people are scared to get Bernstein's wrath. Terry wasn't intimidated, he was just old, didn't give a shit, and coasted his last 10 years or so. So it was easy for him to just let Dan have the thoughts, him nodding his head, and collecting a check every 2 weeks.

2. Leila actually said something to Dan that showed it. She said to him that she gets this a lot from listeners... "Dan is easy on you, if a caller said what you said, he would crucify him". Bernstein told her to ignore those comments and that her name damn is on the "Damn Show".

3. Bernstein is absolutely more polite doing a show with a women. So he's also intimidated by her a little bit in that regard. It's a weird partnership. But Leila is a smart lady. So she should take more control of the show. Maybe it will just take her some time to feel more comfortable. Cuz she knows Dan's been doing this for a couple of decades. So she's a little bit reserved because of that maybe. Respecting the fact that it's basically been his show no matter who his partners have been. Dan's always been in control of driving the show and the content.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 600 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 20  Next