It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 3:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 10:17 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
cookie23 wrote:
On a local level, the best analogy of Dan Bernstein's fall from relevancy is Howard Stern.

It is all about wanting to be accepted, liked, Hollywood Howey, Dan with the far left elite's, be part of an insufferable group.

During B&B Dan was a much bigger a-hole, his schtick of calling every caller stupid, dumb, goober. But what made him was his quick whit and unpredictability to go after say D-Rose being injured, etc. Also he could leave you crying laughing talking about so many issues.

I used to be a huge Stern guy, have not listened to him in over probably 15 years. Just zero interest. With Dan, I like following him on twitter now during Bears game and sometimes will listen, but very rarely.

I could care less about him being far left or him saying boobs, Cheryl Scott, etc. The preachiness and everything serious and no fun Dan is the turn off.

Howard Stern is different than bernstein. Stern is a typical frightened and selfish Baby Boomer. As a generation, they've controlled American life for a long time and they're loathe to give that up.

bernstein has a lot more in common with someone like the late Steve Albini. I think that bullying is part of that personality type. It's only the targets of their bullying that have changed. And it's weak because it's a path of no resistance.

https://safetypropaganda.substack.com/p ... eve-albini

Quote:
That brings us to what I call the “Gen-X problem.” If you haven’t noticed the trend, let me remind you of several other provocateurs of that generation who have aged into shriveled castratos raging against some alleged white christian machine that does not exist, claiming to be rebels while have functionally indistinguishable viewpoints from corny homosexual news anchors like Don Lemon or Anderson Cooper: Eminem staged concerts to shame Trump voters, Joe Roemer of Macronympha claimed that he would “murder Donald Trump” as if it was the hardest thing he could have said – not the corniest, Adam Parfrey’s Feral House imprint has transformed into a gender ideology manual, and so forth. All of these figures who developed infamy for their ability to challenge the prevailing orthodoxies of the media, society, and culture, ended up adopting and absorbing those viewpoints once the 21st Century took hold. Why?

In a now viral X thread, Albini explained the dilemma for me amidst a rant of sneering hypocrisy, name-calling and virtue signaling:

“For myself and many of my peers, we miscalculated,” said Albini. “We thought the major battles over equality and inclusiveness had been won, and society would eventually express that, so we were not harming anything with contrarianism, shock, sarcasm or irony.”

There you have it. Like Francis Fukuyama himself, Albini and other Gen-Xers falsely believed that they were at the end of history. They thought that all the political and ideological battles had been resolved, and that their words had no meaning. Who could possibly be offended if everybody was OK?

As you can see, this kind of thinking is delusional in several ways. First, Obama brought race back to politics to use as a branding device. And then, the election of Donald Trump changed everything. It was a direct affront to every misconception about the world that Gen-X held. The punk rock “fuck the system” Gen-X artists were forced to confront the fact that they had become the system. People like Albini then were useful carnival barkers in that they harbored the illusion that there was still something like an edgy, anti-establishment left still existent. Indeed, Albini’s viewpoint is a harbinger of what would eventually become the dirtbag left; their brand of toilet humor is substitute for the fact that they know in their fucking bones that they are conformists.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 10:17 am 
Site Admin

Ricky11Slade wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Then there was Trump. I'm not voting for him, ever. Say "orange man, bad" if you want. I'm not giving him my support.

I'm not trying to convince you to vote for Trump. I know I couldn't anyway.

And I completely understand why someone would not want to vote for Trump. Up until now I haven't myself. In 2016, as much as I loathed Hillary Clinton, Trump was just too much of a wildcard. I had no idea what he might do. He seemed almost unhinged. We had never seen a presidential candidate act that way before. But he had a four year term in which he governed in a mostly normal manner, in spite of facing UNPRECEDENTED #RESISTANCE.

Even then, I still didn't want to vote for him. Tradition and manners are fairly high values for me and I felt like casting a vote for him would be lowering myself. In Illinois my vote wasn't going to be significant as the Democrat was going to win the state regardless so I had the luxury of sitting it out. And at the time I thought Biden was a centrist compromise. I didn't not realize he was COMPLETELY demented and would be used as a frontman for the wackiest whims of the Far Left.

So now I have to ask, putting aside all the noise, how is it that the values being put forth by whoever is in control of the presidency now align with your own more than Donald Trump's do?

Do you like abortion in the tenth month? Do you like an open border? Do you like the destruction of small business? Do you like the increasing wealth gap? Do you like the shrinking Middle Class? Do you like support for Iran? Do you like the use of the court system to prosecute political opponents? Do you like the America where you grew up?

I don't want to vote for Donald Trump either, but I can't support what is being done to the country by whoever is behind the mentally compromised Joe Biden.

Honestly, who is the last Democratic candidate for president you voted for?

Obama.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure I've never voted for a Republican for president. I absolutely will be this time. Even if it's Nikki Fucking Haley.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 3:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Trump was just too much of a wildcard. I had no idea what he might do. He seemed almost unhinged. We had never seen a presidential candidate act that way before. But he had a four year term in which he governed in a mostly normal manner, in spite of facing UNPRECEDENTED #RESISTANCE.
The only reason he governed in a "mostly normal manner" was that he had enough staff in key positions that understood how government operates and the laws involved that wouldn't let him act on his whims. That won't be the case if he gets a 2nd term. It will be a revenge tour and unhinged will seem like a quaint descriptor.

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Do you like abortion in the tenth month? That's called murder and nobody has ever advocated for that.
Do you like an open border? Trump had his cult followers reject a bill that was deemed the most conservative ever just because he didn't want Biden to have a win on the issue.
Do you like the destruction of small business? https://www.sba.gov/article/2024/04/11/new-small-business-applications-soar-over-17-million-under-biden-harris-administration
Do you like the increasing wealth gap? Do you like the shrinking Middle Class? https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/remember-solid-economy-trump-record-full-tax-cut-110387085
Do you like support for Iran? Six years after the Trump administration withdrew from the Iran nuclear accord, Tehran is rapidly accumulating enriched uranium, some of it very close to weapons grade.https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2024/04/10/iran-nuclear-bomb-iaea-fordow/
Do you like the use of the court system to prosecute political opponents? President Trump told the White House counsel in the spring that he wanted to order the Justice Department to prosecute two of his political adversaries: his 2016 challenger, Hillary Clinton, and the former F.B.I. director James B. Comey, according to two people familiar with the conversation. The lawyer, Donald F. McGahn II, rebuffed the president, saying that he had no authority to order a prosecution. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/20/us/politics/president-trump-justice-department.html
Do you like the America where you grew up? In some ways it's better and in some it's worse.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 3:57 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I'm pretty sure I've never voted for a Republican for president.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 4:05 pm 

pizza_Place: JJ Twigs
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Trump was just too much of a wildcard. I had no idea what he might do. He seemed almost unhinged. We had never seen a presidential candidate act that way before. But he had a four year term in which he governed in a mostly normal manner, in spite of facing UNPRECEDENTED #RESISTANCE.
The only reason he governed in a "mostly normal manner" was that he had enough staff in key positions that understood how government operates and the laws involved that wouldn't let him act on his whims. That won't be the case if he gets a 2nd term. It will be a revenge tour and unhinged will seem like a quaint descriptor.

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Do you like abortion in the tenth month? That's called murder and nobody has ever advocated for that.
Do you like an open border? Trump had his cult followers reject a bill that was deemed the most conservative ever just because he didn't want Biden to have a win on the issue.
Do you like the destruction of small business? https://www.sba.gov/article/2024/04/11/new-small-business-applications-soar-over-17-million-under-biden-harris-administration
Do you like the increasing wealth gap? Do you like the shrinking Middle Class? https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/remember-solid-economy-trump-record-full-tax-cut-110387085
Do you like support for Iran? Six years after the Trump administration withdrew from the Iran nuclear accord, Tehran is rapidly accumulating enriched uranium, some of it very close to weapons grade.https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2024/04/10/iran-nuclear-bomb-iaea-fordow/
Do you like the use of the court system to prosecute political opponents? President Trump told the White House counsel in the spring that he wanted to order the Justice Department to prosecute two of his political adversaries: his 2016 challenger, Hillary Clinton, and the former F.B.I. director James B. Comey, according to two people familiar with the conversation. The lawyer, Donald F. McGahn II, rebuffed the president, saying that he had no authority to order a prosecution. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/20/us/politics/president-trump-justice-department.html
Do you like the America where you grew up? In some ways it's better and in some it's worse.

He's never voted for a Republican for president but also speaks in GOP talking points. Weird.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 5:15 pm 
Site Admin

Ricky11Slade wrote:
He's never voted for a Republican for president but also speaks in GOP talking points. Weird.

I'm pretty sure "GOP Talking Points" are what's spouted by The Lincoln Project, The Bulwark, and The Dispatch. All of whom you likely agree with BECAUSE DRUMPF.

Also, I'm a real person who has a long history here and isn't exactly anonymous. There's a contemporaneous record of my votes in the last several elections that I have posted on this board. So if you're going to obliquely call me a liar, you should probably stop hiding behind an Internet handle.

Of course, you don't have to do that. But no one should find you very credible either.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 5:29 pm 
Site Admin

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I guess that's a narrative.

The People elect a president. They don't elect staff who run the country in a manner in which Zippy-The-Pinhead approves.

As far as revenge and unhinged, I'm not sure what you call the multiple attempts at imprisoning the opposition leader in which Democrats are currently indulging.

Do you like abortion in the tenth month? That's called murder and nobody has ever advocated for that. “If a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen. The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother.”
Do you like an open border? Trump had his cult followers reject a bill that was deemed the most conservative ever just because he didn't want Biden to have a win on the issue.Who deemed it "the most conservative ever"? MSNBC? It was a bill that allowed illegal immigration.
Do you like the destruction of small business? https://www.sba.gov/article/2024/04/11/new-small-business-applications-soar-over-17-million-under-biden-harris-administration https://waysandmeans.house.gov/one-pager-democrats-mom-pop-paycut-is-a-small-business-surtax-on-americas-small-business-owners/ https://gop-waysandmeans.house.gov/chairman-smith-bidenomics-is-an-attack-on-small-businesses-and-blue-collar-jobs/
Do you like the increasing wealth gap? Do you like the shrinking Middle Class? https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/remember-solid-economy-trump-record-full-tax-cut-110387085https://americancompass.org/economic-inequality-guide/?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwr7ayBhAPEiwA6EIGxNah0eqlLa9tlGsNebbYgUIdm95B59FHeLitUE2NI6oFUKDXOMdu6BoCjsMQAvD_BwE

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 5:29 pm 
Site Admin

Do you like support for Iran? Six years after the Trump administration withdrew from the Iran nuclear accord, Tehran is rapidly accumulating enriched uranium, some of it very close to weapons grade.https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2024/04/10/iran-nuclear-bomb-iaea-fordow/ Are you really blaming Trump for Iran being on the verge of getting nukes? You sound ridiculous. The architect of Democrat Middle East policy is an Iranian spy. https://www.politico.com/news/2024/05/1 ... o-00157321 Ben Rhodes's White House nickname was "Hamas."
Do you like the use of the court system to prosecute political opponents? President Trump told the White House counsel in the spring that he wanted to order the Justice Department to prosecute two of his political adversaries: his 2016 challenger, Hillary Clinton, and the former F.B.I. director James B. Comey, according to two people familiar with the conversation. The lawyer, Donald F. McGahn II, rebuffed the president, saying that he had no authority to order a prosecution. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/20/us/politics/president-trump-justice-department.html And yet that never happened. It's happening now though. And you don't care. It just shows how utterly full of shit you are.
Do you like the America where you grew up? In some ways it's better and in some it's worse. It's worse.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 6:01 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Do you like support for Iran? Six years after the Trump administration withdrew from the Iran nuclear accord, Tehran is rapidly accumulating enriched uranium, some of it very close to weapons grade.https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2024/04/10/iran-nuclear-bomb-iaea-fordow/ Are you really blaming Trump for Iran being on the verge of getting nukes? You sound ridiculous. The architect of Democrat Middle East policy is an Iranian spy. https://www.politico.com/news/2024/05/1 ... o-00157321 Ben Rhodes's White House nickname was "Hamas."
You claim Biden supports Iran which is idiotic, so yeah, blaming Trump for the consequences of blowing up the Nuke deal (which he did) is fair.
Do you like the use of the court system to prosecute political opponents? President Trump told the White House counsel in the spring that he wanted to order the Justice Department to prosecute two of his political adversaries: his 2016 challenger, Hillary Clinton, and the former F.B.I. director James B. Comey, according to two people familiar with the conversation. The lawyer, Donald F. McGahn II, rebuffed the president, saying that he had no authority to order a prosecution. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/20/us/politics/president-trump-justice-department.html And yet that never happened. It's happening now though. And you don't care. It just shows how utterly full of shit you are.
What never happened? Trump would have proceeded if he been allowed. Full of shit is a guy who has repeatedly acknowledged in the past that Trump is a horrible human being, but now believes him on everything and that everyone who disputes this is biased (note: calling me biased is understandable, but ignoring the long list of former GOP and Trump loyalists is truly idiotic). Further, I don't care much about the current trial, but I do believe he is absolutely guilty on the other charges and thus should have been charged.
Do you like the America where you grew up? In some ways it's better and in some it's worse. It's worse.
I will agree that respect and decency took a big step back beginning in 2017. so on that aspect it is worse.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 6:07 pm 
Site Admin

I can't take you seriously when you quote Lindsey Graham. It becomes immediately clear that your only "principle" is "FUCK DRUMPF."

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 6:12 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I can't take you seriously when you quote Lindsey Graham. It becomes immediately clear that your only "principle" is "FUCK DRUMPF."

Quite a comment from a guy who's every thought comes from some idiot on Twitter. That is rich. And yes, I have never denied hating Trump. He's a horrible human being and I have no problem pointing that out. The fact that you twist yourself in knots to defend the POS is also telling.

Also - Why don't I get credit for twice quoting your beloved and venerated leader?

Last edited by Zippy-The-Pinhead on Wed May 22, 2024 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 6:23 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I guess that's a narrative.

The People elect a president. They don't elect staff who run the country in a manner in which Zippy-The-Pinhead approves.

As far as revenge and unhinged, I'm not sure what you call the multiple attempts at imprisoning the opposition leader in which Democrats are currently indulging.

Do you like abortion in the tenth month? That's called murder and nobody has ever advocated for that. “If a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen. The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother.”
I'm not sure who you are quoting there, but it certainly isn't a movement so stop with the fringe Twitter-based thoughts that are apparently to be your primary source of "information".

Do you like an open border? Trump had his cult followers reject a bill that was deemed the most conservative ever just because he didn't want Biden to have a win on the issue.Who deemed it "the most conservative ever"? MSNBC? It was a bill that allowed illegal immigration.
That would be very conservative Sen. James Lankford of Oklahoma, among others.

Do you like the destruction of small business? https://www.sba.gov/article/2024/04/11/new-small-business-applications-soar-over-17-million-under-biden-harris-administration https://waysandmeans.house.gov/one-pager-democrats-mom-pop-paycut-is-a-small-business-surtax-on-americas-small-business-owners/ https://gop-waysandmeans.house.gov/chairman-smith-bidenomics-is-an-attack-on-small-businesses-and-blue-collar-jobs/
Jason smith is your source? Can I quote AOC?
Do you like the increasing wealth gap? Do you like the shrinking Middle Class? https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/remember-solid-economy-trump-record-full-tax-cut-110387085https://americancompass.org/economic-inequality-guide/?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwr7ayBhAPEiwA6EIGxNah0eqlLa9tlGsNebbYgUIdm95B59FHeLitUE2NI6oFUKDXOMdu6BoCjsMQAvD_BwE
American Compass? OK, I'll raise you DailyKos. Do you have access to any conventional news sources? WSJ or even Fox maybe?

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 6:53 pm 
Site Admin

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Quite a comment from a guy who's every thought comes from some idiot on Twitter. That is rich. And yes, I have never denied hating Trump. He's a horrible human being and I have no problem pointing that out. The fact that you twist yourself in knots to defend the POS is also telling.

Also - Why don't I get credit for twice quoting your beloved and venerated leader?

Are you a horrible human being? You might be. How would I know? You're just some idiot on CFMB.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 7:18 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Are you a horrible human being? You might be. How would I know? You're just some idiot on CFMB.

I've never run into any arrogant narcissists before. So very rare.

Horrible human being? My 2nd favorite Prez is Clinton and he's as horrible as it gets. Jimmy Carter? Fantastic human being. However, A fucking joke of a President.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 9:12 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Ricky11Slade wrote:

I'm pretty sure "GOP Talking Points" are what's spouted by The Lincoln Project, The Bulwark, and The Dispatch. All of whom you likely agree with BECAUSE DRUMPF.

Also, I'm a real person who has a long history here and isn't exactly anonymous. There's a contemporaneous record of my votes in the last several elections that I have posted on this board. So if you're going to obliquely call me a liar, you should probably stop hiding behind an Internet handle.

Of course, you don't have to do that. But no one should find you very credible either.

In the post below this one you dropped this link : https://gop-waysandmeans.house.gov/chai ... llar-jobs/ - literally GOP talking points.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 9:14 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Ricky11Slade wrote:

also, what is the DRUMPF thing you keep dropping here? the John Oliver bit? I was on the fence about Trump until I saw that, you're right.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 2:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'm curious as to why this show spends as much time as they do talking NBA. I think they spend more time on NBA Playoff coverage (non-Bulls) than they do on NFL playoff games. Ratings for NBA games are around 3-4M people nationally, and NFL games were somewhere in the 40M+ range for some games last season. I actually enjoy the NBA Playoffs, don't mind the talk (of course, it's sometimes pretty bad; for example Dan thinks Luka is skilled, but not a good athlete), but who are they talking to? They beat the Cubs into the ground, White Sox conversation is limited (they do have the Sox Machine on weekly, and Stone bi-weekly), it's not NFL season and they don't care about the NHL...They try to now force WNBA topics and that's watched by nobody. So, I get they need things to talk about, but they do spend more time than any show I've seen on NBA.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 2:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
BD wrote:
I'm curious as to why this show spends as much time as they do talking NBA. I think they spend more time on NBA Playoff coverage (non-Bulls) than they do on NFL playoff games. Ratings for NBA games are around 3-4M people nationally, and NFL games were somewhere in the 40M+ range for some games last season. I actually enjoy the NBA Playoffs, don't mind the talk (of course, it's sometimes pretty bad; for example Dan thinks Luka is skilled, but not a good athlete), but who are they talking to? They beat the Cubs into the ground, White Sox conversation is limited (they do have the Sox Machine on weekly, and Stone bi-weekly), it's not NFL season and they don't care about the NHL...They try to now force WNBA topics and that's watched by nobody. So, I get they need things to talk about, but they do spend more time than any show I've seen on NBA.

Doesn't he say the same thing about Jokic?

Like many in the media, Bernstein's definition of athleticism is based on criteria that aren't necessarily linked to elite athletic accomplishment.

Last edited by Tall Midget on Thu May 23, 2024 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 2:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
white people can't be athletes

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 5:21 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Bagels wrote:
white people can't be athletes

Yeah Larry more or less called him on it.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Bernstein has a lot of balls how he looks mocking anyone's appearance. Saying Andrew Vaughn looks like a cyclops.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 12:04 pm 
Site Admin

Tall Midget wrote:
BD wrote:

Doesn't he say the same thing about Jokic?

Like many in the media, Bernstein's definition of athleticism is based on criteria that aren't necessarily linked to elite athletic accomplishment.

Correct. bernstein's view of an "athlete" is homoerotic. "Look At his BODY."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:52 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Who is this Trysta Frick lady hey have on here today talking WNBA? SOunds like a 16 year old with a froggy throat.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
She's so great, dan.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
that's awesome that they're talking about national WNBA now

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

Bagels wrote:

The amount of tip-toeing around all of the issues surrounding Caitlin Clark by this show on Monday was not surprising, but still pretty predictable.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:58 pm 

Bagels wrote:

It seems like MANY are listening

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

TriColoredPastas wrote:
She's so great, dan.

If Lawrence was buying stock in media talent, she's be at the top of his list.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

Bagels wrote:

Outside of Caitlin Clark, there is no interest in the WNBA.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 4:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

pittmike wrote:
Who is this Trysta Frick lady hey have on here today talking WNBA? SOunds like a 16 year old with a froggy throat.

In the last few weeks, her and Fridell have suddenly become weekly guests and she now has a weekend show on the Score.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83  Next