It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 83  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
These guys and Florio are frothing over hating the NFL for the Tua injury, while still making their livings off of said league. Bernstein acknowledges this as “cognitive dissonance,” but it’s really just simple hypocrisy.

I think football players, like most of us, make risk/reward decisions all the time. Players accept the risk of injury (brain or other) for the enjoyment of playing a professional sport and the possibility of generational wealth. Heck, the Cowboys’ former tight end died yesterday rock climbing. He risked his life for the enjoyment of climbing. Some skier woman also died this week in Nepal.

In the non sports world, people skydive, motorcycle ride, bike, etc. Cops, construction workers, firemen all take risks that don’t come with the glory or money of the NFL.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Heisenberg wrote:
These guys and Florio are frothing over hating the NFL for the Tua injury, while still making their livings off of said league. Bernstein acknowledges this as “cognitive dissonance,” but it’s really just simple hypocrisy.

I think football players, like most of us, make risk/reward decisions all the time. Players accept the risk of injury (brain or other) for the enjoyment of playing a professional sport and the possibility of generational wealth. Heck, the Cowboys’ former tight end died yesterday rock climbing. He risked his life for the enjoyment of climbing. Some skier woman also died this week in Nepal.

In the non sports world, people skydive, motorcycle ride, bike, etc. Cops, construction workers, firemen all take risks that don’t come with the glory or money of the NFL.

I think it is fair to wonder why Tua was playing. I am a bootstraps Max guy, but injured NFL players, especially those with head injuries, are not making great decisions in the moment. It is the whole reason for concussion protocols.

Now I caught a lot the show, and Bernsie is just bad at delivering the message because of the level of condescension in everything he says.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
denisdman wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

I think it is fair to wonder why Tua was playing. I am a bootstraps Max guy, but injured NFL players, especially those with head injuries, are not making great decisions in the moment. It is the whole reason for concussion protocols.
See I think that is bullshit to a degree. This isnt the 1960’s “ got my bell rung , coach “ NFL. Every NFL player is aware of concussions and everything that goes along with them now. Since they are all aware of it, there is no longer the stigma of being “ soft” for not going back in after a head injury since they’re all aware of the risks now. At some point the player has to take responsibility and take himself out of the game if he’s not feeling right after a head injury , that’s the bottom line.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:38 pm 

When a guy has cobwebs, it is a doctor that gets to make that call. Not the player.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:01 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Don't hear a lot about smelling salts these days.

Used to work back in the day.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
Nothing like listening to two men eat cereal on the air. At least dan was polite enough to turn his mic off.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:59 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Whole lot of demanding talk from Bernsie and Sir regarding the Sox MUST do this or that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
I heard Laurence getting upset yesterday about how Eberflus, or "Floosy" as Laurence calls him, was quick to defend the choice he made to punt when it was 4th and 2. Really? An NFL head coach defending a choice he made in a game. That upsets or surprises you? At that point, Laurence was just talking to talk and didn't know what else to say. Amateur sports radio.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:24 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Ron Wolfley wrote:
I heard Laurence getting upset yesterday about how Eberflus, or "Floosy" as Laurence calls him, was quick to defend the choice he made to punt when it was 4th and 2. Really? An NFL head coach defending a choice he made in a game. That upsets or surprises you? At that point, Laurence was just talking to talk and didn't know what else to say. Amateur sports radio.

A little weird a guy that won't be called Larry calls him Floosy.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:34 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:

I was going to post about that segment. The guys were pointing out logical inconsistencies in Floosy’s statements. But they had the same problem with their argument. They were saying by punting, and if successful on D, you are back to the same situation as going for it on 4th down. That could not be more wrong.

If you get the ball back, you have four downs vs one. Sure field position is similar, but you have more chances. If you miss on fourth, the game is probably over. One other missed item is that it might be good to burn up the clock. If you go for it on fourth and are successful, you are probably going to leave the Giants with plenty of time to kick a FG.

These radio guys always criticize when a decision does not work.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Ron Wolfley wrote:
It happens on occasion...

In Green Bay: After the game, LaFleur admitted it was the wrong thing to do. “I'm not too proud of that moment,” LaFleur said, via PackersNews.com. “That was an emotional decision. And I think it's a great learning lesson that, you know, you can never make those emotional decisions in the heat of the battle.
In Denver: One day after the loss, Hackett admitted during his Tuesday press conference that he made the wrong decision. “Looking back at it, we definitely should've gone for it,” the coach said.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Mitch Rosen talked about his hosts on "The Reporters" on Marquee Sunday. "They're not columnists (though they most write occasionally on the website, so he's daffy), they don't claim to be journalists, they're opinionists." He pretty much threw the hosts under the bus as clowns spewing out opinions not once mentioning the quality of their opinions. And he's the program director of the station.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:26 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Senor Columnist doesn't think he's a journalist? He thinks he's a doctor, a lawyer, a publicist, a basketball coach, and a black guy. Of course he thinks he's a journalist.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:05 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

I was going to post about that segment. The guys were pointing out logical inconsistencies in Floosy’s statements. But they had the same problem with their argument. They were saying by punting, and if successful on D, you are back to the same situation as going for it on 4th down. That could not be more wrong.

If you get the ball back, you have four downs vs one. Sure field position is similar, but you have more chances. If you miss on fourth, the game is probably over. One other missed item is that it might be good to burn up the clock. If you go for it on fourth and are successful, you are probably going to leave the Giants with plenty of time to kick a FG.

These radio guys always criticize when a decision does not work.

It did work.

The Velus fumble doesn't negate that the prior tactic did achieve its desired outcome.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:53 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Why does anyone waste time listening to this....not even sure what to call it at this point, but in their defense the best podcast during last weekends cardio was from the score evening show, pretty sad when your evening dudes are putting on a more energetic and entertaining show than your primary day part dudes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:19 am 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
It happens on occasion...

In Green Bay: After the game, LaFleur admitted it was the wrong thing to do. “I'm not too proud of that moment,” LaFleur said, via PackersNews.com. “That was an emotional decision. And I think it's a great learning lesson that, you know, you can never make those emotional decisions in the heat of the battle.
In Denver: One day after the loss, Hackett admitted during his Tuesday press conference that he made the wrong decision. “Looking back at it, we definitely should've gone for it,” the coach said.

Alright...on occasion. Laurence made it sound like it surprised him though -- an NFL head coach defending his choices. At that point, he was just talking to talk, and I shut it off. I feel bad for Bernstein. Laurence is a professional, no doubt, he just comes off as trying too hard a good amount of the time.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:29 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
vitoscotti wrote:
Mitch Rosen talked about his hosts on "The Reporters" on Marquee Sunday. "They're not columnists (though they most write occasionally on the website, so he's daffy), they don't claim to be journalists, they're opinionists." He pretty much threw the hosts under the bus as clowns spewing out opinions not once mentioning the quality of their opinions. And he's the program director of the station.

I get that Boomers like Mike North and Keith Olbermann desperately want to be Walter Cronkite or Bob Woodward, but it's weird that a Gen-X shock jock has the same aspirations. Just keep shocking and cashing those checks. It's a good life.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:57 am 

pizza_Place: Tafdes
Mitch Rosen is a fat clown and that's an insult to fat clowns.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:49 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Bernstein just commended the Sox Machine guys for "speaking truth to power".

He really believes this stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Tall Midget wrote:
Bernstein just commended the Sox Machine guys for "speaking truth to power".

He really believes this stuff.

In the car traveling back from accepting a donation from the good folks at the Ho-Chunk in Madison and decided to give it a few minutes, Dan instantly brought the show to a screeching halt by going left wing agenda, yup, no need to bother anymore, may as well take 670 off my preset station list in the car, rarely go to the AM band anymore.

There seems to be this rather odd thing going on where all the music I grew up listening to has somehow ended up on the oldies station? Strange to hear Metallica in a rotation on an oldies station because they would have gotten no radio play back in the day, so it seems odd to hear The Unforgiven right after an Air Supply song.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:08 am 

pizza_Place: New Mexico has no good pizza. Send help.
Clawmaster wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

There seems to be this rather odd thing going on where all the music I grew up listening to has somehow ended up on the oldies station? Strange to hear Metallica in a rotation on an oldies station because they would have gotten no radio play back in the day, so it seems odd to hear The Unforgiven right after an Air Supply song.

Yeah I hate that. It's depressing because I still think of the Beatles as oldies. Nope. Well, yes, but also Metallica.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Italian Fiesta
They had Patton Oswalt in to discuss Larry's comic and gender fluidity for some reason. They did the impossible and made Carmen and Jurko listenable. Larry is Mitch what Leury was to TLR.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:16 pm 

Leery is genderfluid now?!?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:26 pm 

of course he is. larry is a windsock. it benefits him to always be In with the current social trends

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:41 pm 

WOW, Daaaaaan, I'm non-bineery now.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
I find it very hard to believe that Larry indicated he was nonbinary. I would go back and listen to interview, but I have no interest in listening to stale local sports talk.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Curious Hair wrote:
:lol:

Maybe he figures he can get more chicks that way

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:30 pm 

Larry is a catcher..,,

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Curious Hair wrote:

Non-bineery Leery has some potential.

He’d be free to have uncomfortable interactions with guests of all genders.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
Would love to know how much that hypnotist/comedian paid to be on for more than half an hour.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 83  Next