It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 372 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:10 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
You guys said the same about Boers and Bernstein. Maybe it's you.

I think it's probably bernstein.

Maybe Bernstein is good and it's BRick that sucks .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:15 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
America wrote:
I get that you feel you have a part to play, but when the best you can muster is "the show is good" that to me says it all. When Brick cannot summon a meaningful troll on the anti-Bernstein crowd you know the quality of the afternoon show is really lacking.
It isn't trolling. The show is good, which for a show that is a few months old that is about all you can expect. There are problems that I have mentioned before but to me it's the only Chicago show even worth turning on.

The complaints about this show go back to the start of the board. It's just clear many hate Bernstein and wouldn't have liked this show no matter how good it was.

The complaints are about Goff more than anything.

And again, here's another post where you are telling me the show is good but still being unable to give a reason why other than it having a lot of problems. In my world a lot of problems makes something bad. I usually root for you to lure in a few anti-Bernstein fanatics for a drawn out trollfest so I'll stop stepping on your toes and let you get to work. I'd worry about blowing your cover but these guys are so vitriolic they'll indulge you even if you admit point-blank to their face that you're just trolling them.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:20 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
America wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

B&B wasn't boring until the bitter end when Terry started completely, unashamedly mailing it in. This show is just fucking lame.

People said it was bad even when mjh was still around.

I think they'll learn that national NBA talk isn't going to do well in the regular season but otherwise the show is good.

Yet it is always a "great show". :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:23 am 

pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
America wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

B&B wasn't boring until the bitter end when Terry started completely, unashamedly mailing it in. This show is just fucking lame.

People said it was bad even when mjh was still around.

I think they'll learn that national NBA talk isn't going to do well in the regular season but otherwise the show is good.

Yet it is always a "great show". :lol:

Agreed. What was your favorite part of yesterday?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:26 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
I've given up on this station being any fun to listen to ever again.

This is not true

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:28 am 

America wrote:
The complaints are about Goff more than anything.
So you and everyone thinks Bernstein is really good?

America wrote:
And again, here's another post where you are telling me the show is good but still being unable to give a reason why other than it having a lot of problems. In my world a lot of problems makes something bad. I usually root for you to lure in a few anti-Bernstein fanatics for a drawn out trollfest so I'll stop stepping on your toes and let you get to work. I'd worry about blowing your cover but these guys are so vitriolic they'll indulge you even if you admit point-blank to their face that you're just trolling them.
1) They have a good chemistry.
2) Goff brings an interesting perspective.
3) Goff doesn't seem concerned with parroting Bernstein
4) They still make fun of dumb callers
5) They have good guests from a wide variety of topics
6) The show can be fun and off the wall at times
7) So far, they've somewhat avoided the super serious radio that truly was terrible
8) They do seem knowledgeable about many of the topics they discuss

So, there is 8 things.

It has flaws. Too much national NBA. Too much "The Cubs are awesome, aren't they?" but that is to be expected.

I would recommend listening to something else if you don't like it and maybe you'll get your wish and they'll replace this show with an awesome one that gets you excited to wake up in the morning because you know it will be there in a mere 6 hours.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:31 am 

I dont have a problem with Dan Bernstein usually.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:46 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
This show is about as entertaining as the sport it focuses on... the NBA regular season. :lol:

I wouldn't hate Dan Bernstein as much if he actually made an honest attempt to give hockey and the Hawks their due, but he doesn't do that so he can fuck himself.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:08 am 

pizza_Place: Boboli
To me, it sounds like one host brought his son in for the day. Bernstein is the often stoic one, while Goff is clearly younger, and a bit more goofy. Bernstein then gets drawn into the goofiness, like a father goofing around with his kid.

Then the interviews happen and Goff tries to put on his big boy pants and tries (and fails) to sound important, while dad takes the lead.

Their styles just don't mesh for me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:47 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
i think there are really awful parts to this show but some good. i'm ready to see when we are in the swing of baseball and football before i deem it total trash.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:49 pm 

hnd wrote:
i think there are really awful parts to this show but some good. i'm ready to see when we are in the swing of baseball and football before i deem it total trash.

Here is the problem, the topics they are talking about now (NBA) are in their wheelhouse. Bernstein can talk baseball, but Goff sure can't. That's only going to make the show worse.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:52 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Baseball will often take the show off the air, that certainley won't hurt them.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
8 ) They do seem knowledgeable about many of the topics they discuss

#2 - can you expound on what is interesting? By interesting do you mean different or unique? his giggling and undeserved level of arrogance that i sense while he speaks on certain topics makes me not like him as much.
#5 - They both take way too long to spit out questions. Ever since they ripped on that sammy sosa blogger who complained about the long questions... i've paid more attention to the question length and it is annoyingly long. let the guest talk. every score host does this too.
#8 - i question goff's NBA expertise. he's friends with Sam Mitchell and he hosted a show on siriusXM - did i miss something? (seriously did i?) the Gar Foreman is fired fiasco from last year was memorable to me because of the level of arrogance goff displayed when stating that he would be fired. it was a done deal per goff. swing and a miss, loved when cowley was on the next day calling out jason for it

the show is fine now. it never will be as good as it was pre-penn state scandal.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:26 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
I don't hate Goff. This show is certainly better than the last few years of B&B and it's drastically better than all the fill-in hosts while Terry was out. Rozner is annoying but at least the guy is willing to talk hockey.

there isn't a better option down the dial, which is pathetic....expected, but still pathetic.

I listen because there really isn't a better option, but agree that the NBA talk makes me turn it off. I understand the NBA has a fan base that is larger than the NHL, but I'm not one of them. The Cubs and Sox are in spring training, and the NFL draft is coming....there are things to talk about other than the NBA but they're missing it.

the show could be worse, but it could and should be way better.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:46 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
billypootons wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

#2 - can you expound on what is interesting? By interesting do you mean different or unique? his giggling and undeserved level of arrogance that i sense while he speaks on certain topics makes me not like him as much.
#5 - They both take way too long to spit out questions. Ever since they ripped on that sammy sosa blogger who complained about the long questions... i've paid more attention to the question length and it is annoyingly long. let the guest talk. every score host does this too.
#8 - i question goff's NBA expertise. he's friends with Sam Mitchell and he hosted a show on siriusXM - did i miss something? (seriously did i?) the Gar Foreman is fired fiasco from last year was memorable to me because of the level of arrogance goff displayed when stating that he would be fired. it was a done deal per goff. swing and a miss, loved when cowley was on the next day calling out jason for it

the show is fine now. it never will be as good as it was pre-penn state scandal.

He's breaking your balls, he knows the show is garbage.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:47 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
wdelaney72 wrote:
I don't hate Goff. This show is certainly better than the last few years of B&B and it's drastically better than all the fill-in hosts while Terry was out. Rozner is annoying but at least the guy is willing to talk hockey.

there isn't a better option down the dial, which is pathetic....expected, but still pathetic.

I listen because there really isn't a better option, but agree that the NBA talk makes me turn it off. I understand the NBA has a fan base that is larger than the NHL, but I'm not one of them. The Cubs and Sox are in spring training, and the NFL draft is coming....there are things to talk about other than the NBA but they're missing it.

the show could be worse, but it could and should be way better.

Disagree, BnB has sucked fat dick for 8 plus years, Goff has somehow made it even worse.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:49 pm 

Should I tune it to find how long it takes these two to make the death of Jerry Krause about themselves?

Nah.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:10 pm 

America wrote:
Should I tune it to find how long it takes these two to make the death of Jerry Krause about themselves?

Nah.

Are they playing La Marseille to celebrate his death as they usually do? I'm not listening

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:12 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
America wrote:

Nah.

Are they playing La Marseille to celebrate his death as they usually do? I'm not listening

I didn't hear it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:13 pm 

312player wrote:
billypootons wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I don't know why everyone seems to think it is trolling to actually like something. There is no Chicago show close to this one.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
312player wrote:
billypootons wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I don't know why everyone seems to think it is trolling to actually like something. There is no Chicago show close to this one.

Listening to Dan do the reads for Cameron Hughes wine is enough to make me turn it off. There is nothing new or daring about this show. Listening to stories about their kids. Dan schilling for his charity. Theo is the second coming. NBA talk with expert Jason Goff, who is wrong about all breaking Bulls news and his entire evidence in any basketball argument is saying "you best believe". Maybe it's not even them, but there are better options if you listen to a podcast or YouTube channel.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:14 pm 

I actually like Cameron Hughes, I think it's a great product/service. It was awesome when they had the no limit/free shipping going a few years ago.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:15 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
I actually like Cameron Hughes, I think it's a great product/service. It was awesome when they had the no limit/free shipping going a few years ago.
Don't forget to use the keyword "Bernstein" for free shipping!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:17 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Don't forget to use the keyword "Bernstein" for free shipping!

It's actually "Dan". And you can use it to get free shipping with a minimum three bottle purchase. And dont' forget to check out Lot #512.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:42 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
hnd wrote:

Here is the problem, the topics they are talking about now (NBA) are in their wheelhouse. Bernstein can talk baseball, but Goff sure can't. That's only going to make the show worse.

but we don't care about basketball the bulls suck, there isn't much to talk about. i have to imagine both can talk football somewhat. how can you not.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:39 am 

Well the people have spoken and W&S are the #1 AM talk show in the demo for the entire Chicago radio market. I guess B&G's social justice radio just isn't the formula for high ratings.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:49 am 

you know that probably drives bernsie nuts. he has to drag along boers for the last years of his career and now this goff thing isn't working out as well as i imagine he'd liked.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:53 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Well the people have spoken and W&S are the #1 AM talk show in the demo for the entire Chicago radio market. I guess B&G's social justice radio just isn't the formula for high ratings.

Viva La reVolution!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:55 am 

Two month old show not #1 in ratings! Everybody panic!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:01 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
It's weird how it both is and isn't a new show. It's one of Boers & Bernstein, one of their producers co-hosting, another one of their producers doing updates, and a third producer still producing. Jason filled in for Terry for years. The show is basically "hey, remember how we used to do Who You Crappin', Friday Fung, the Tournament of Bad, and play fart noises over interminable press conferences? Well, we don't let ourselves do any of that anymore, but we'll tell you the Cavs play the Blazers at 9:30 tonight and if you don't watch it you're a racist."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 372 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next