It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: shut the fuck up dan
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 4:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Gigio’s
RFDC wrote:
Phor20 wrote:
Dude is definitely rooting for covid to win. Probably so he can do more “important radio”

great first post. thanks for coming

Been here for years (7-8), just couldn’t remember my old login.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 4:17 pm 

Phor20 wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Phor20 wrote:
Dude is definitely rooting for covid to win. Probably so he can do more “important radio”

great first post. thanks for coming

Been here for years (7-8), just couldn’t remember my old login.

:lol: nice well welcome back

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 4:42 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
schmitty1121 wrote:
Between Bernstein, Mac, and Parkins, I don't know who is the bigger pussy at the station. Shit is never going to be a 100% normal, get used to it. Listening to the 1st segment of Mac and Parkins was brutal. Both complaining about people having people over for cookouts and shit.

There's mounting evidence that lockdowns and social distancing don't do shit except for destroying economies and making neighbors hate each other. Hopefully this version of SARS weakens just like the previous one. But the damage has been done.

Well yeah, can't this thing TECHNICALLY stay airborne for 3hrs/+ ? And supposedly even a N95 mask can't stop it when it's determined to get you? So being 6ft/+ isn't really gonna save your ass beyond lowering the theoretical %age of infection?

Clearly "social distancing" (I'll take oxymorons for $500, Alex!) is either a placebo designed to put ppl at ease and/or maybe to condition them for something else? Seeing other people as the enemy / infected zombie horde / etc. All this stuff is clearly above my pay grade, but I'm kinda convinced this is basically a flu-rebrand with social teeth designed as a cover to either move some money around or condition the flock/herd/masses for [whatever comes down the pike]

But hey, one way or another people way more important than you or I decided this is "the new normal" so get used to it.... Lest you get diagnosed with the flu-rebrand and told your life is shut down and quarantined for a few weeks/months/whatever.

One thing I have been consistent with from the beginning is that they're gonna make you beg for a vaccine. You gotta want it, let alone accept the fact it's prolly gonna be forced on you at some point. Any questions? Get in line over there 6ft behind the last person in front of you and get your temperature scanned + put on your mask and maybe someone will eventually get to you (still way better than having them show up at your front door like "what it is" tho!)

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
I tuned in about 9:53 and missed what prefaced this, but Bernstein was asking "How do you want to be remembered during this time?" and then, in his dumb guy voice, "I don't care about anyone else, I want sports! It doesn't affect my county...or people who look like me!"

I assume he had received texts from people who want sports to return in some modified form and he doesn't think it's feasible at this time for sports to return?

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 10:09 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I love how these types of threads always start out with "I haven't listened since...but"

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 10:47 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Tad Queasy wrote:
I tuned in about 9:53 and missed what prefaced this, but Bernstein was asking "How do you want to be remembered during this time?" and then, in his dumb guy voice, "I don't care about anyone else, I want sports! It doesn't affect my county...or people who look like me!"

I assume he had received texts from people who want sports to return in some modified form and he doesn't think it's feasible at this time for sports to return?

There's a real dichotomy there, isn't there? He clearly understands that sports are ultimately meaningless yet his entire life is based around talking about them. Maybe this pandemic is making him realize just how much he has wasted his life.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 10:48 am 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
I love how these types of threads always start out with "I haven't listened since...but"

Bigfan has heard more sports radio by accident than anyone in history.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 11:31 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

There's a real dichotomy there, isn't there? He clearly understands that sports are ultimately meaningless yet his entire life is based around talking about them. Maybe this pandemic is making him realize just how much he has wasted his life.

As I've said before, I assume every time he gets together at family parties he sees doctors, lawyers and various other professionals and one of the matriarch/patriarchs of the family asks about what exactly it is that Dan does.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 12:05 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

I would imagine he is also in a better position financially and not as concerned about job security, should there be more cutbacks in the industry, than most of his coworkers.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 6:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
good dolphin wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

As I've said before, I assume every time he gets together at family parties he sees doctors, lawyers and various other professionals and one of the matriarch/patriarchs of the family asks about what exactly it is that Dan does.

I think you're on to something there. If what you're guessing is accurate, it also explains some of the insecurity we hear from him.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 7:32 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Bernsie’s dad introduces him at the family function to the other older males. “You boys remember Danny. He talks about sports on radio in Chicago after all that education and all”.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 7:35 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Dan seems to be doing his show off an internal laptop mic, which is bewildering. I never had Dan pegged for a home-studio guy, but is Entercom so hard up that they can't find a decent microphone for him to use? (Though their stock closed at $.95 today, so apparently the answer is 'yes, they are.') He sounds worse than Terry did ISDNing in.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 7:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Curious Hair wrote:
Dan seems to be doing his show off an internal laptop mic, which is bewildering. I never had Dan pegged for a home-studio guy, but is Entercom so hard up that they can't find a decent microphone for him to use? (Though their stock closed at $.95 today, so apparently the answer is 'yes, they are.') He sounds worse than Terry did ISDNing in.

Speaking of Entercom, I saw they delayed their earnings report and timely SEC filing because its accounting staff is having a hard time closing the books. The SEC has given companies additional time to file....can’t wait to see what they say.

“ Entercom Communications Corp. (“Entercom,” “we,” “our” or “us”) is relying on the SEC Order to delay the filing of our Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended March 31, 2020 (the “Quarterly Report”) due to circumstances related to the COVID-19 outbreak. In particular, COVID-19 and related precautionary responses have caused limited access to our facilities and disrupted our normal interactions among our accounting personnel and other staff involved in the completion of our quarterly review and preparation of the Quarterly Report. These restrictions have slowed the completion of our internal quarterly review, including evaluating the various impacts of COVID-19 on our financial statements, and preparing and completing in a timely manner the Quarterly Report.”

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 7:56 pm 

They never ever ever ever ever ever ever should have bought those CBS stations.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 7:57 pm 

I have no problem with the purchase. I have a problem with how it was financed.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 8:23 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
good dolphin wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

I think this is true. But, he has also made a pretty good living talking about nonsense for 20+ years. So maybe Danny is laughing at them. I know I would be.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 8:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

Hours are easier. Job is easier. Stress is less than being a doctor or a lawyer.

I think the doctors and lawyers in his family are jealous of him, actually.

Sure, they make more money, but Dan is still 6 figures on a 25 hour work week with Terry for all those years. Now it's a 15 hour work week.

I'll bet a lot of doctors and lawyers would trade with Dan.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 8:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Flipped on Dan in the car today as he said he was going to discuss the Last Dance with his special guest, who was a "professor of race" at USC. Dan spent most of the interview asking the guy about hip-hop culture, corn rows, and tattoos. :(

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 8:45 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Flipped on Dan in the car today as he said he was going to discuss the Last Dance with his special guest, who was a "professor of race" at USC. Dan spent most of the interview asking the guy about hip-hop culture, corn rows, and tattoos. :(

Wow was any of that shit relevant to the Last Dance outside of maybe Rodman’s body art? I am a square, so I have no clue when hip hop culture started....

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 8:48 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Beardown wrote:
Hours are easier. Job is easier. Stress is less than being a doctor or a lawyer.

I think the doctors and lawyers in his family are jealous of him, actually.

Sure, they make more money, but Dan is still 6 figures on a 25 hour work week with Terry for all those years. Now it's a 15 hour work week.

I'll bet a lot of doctors and lawyers would trade with Dan.

Yep! He'll probably live longer and will inherit fuck you money one day.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

"I don’t care about you; I just want your vote.”
Trump '24

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 9:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

doug - evergreen park wrote:

I have been listening to his podcast as much as I can, but I probably won't be a regular listener.

I heard the first hour of his show today and most of last week's and it's pretty clear that he's in the camp that we have to shut down everything until there is a medical solution.
There's no balance around the health of the economy. Of course, doctors are going to answer questions medically, which they should, but leaders need to balance medical and economic else there's not going to be anything to come back too if he has his way.

For somebody who says listens to doctors, the evidence is very clear on who is at risk and who isn't.

It's too bad that this show is now back to nothing more than liberal arguments everyday again. Yes, I'm probably a racist and want people to die for suggesting the economy matters too.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 9:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
schmitty1121 wrote:
Between Bernstein, Mac, and Parkins, I don't know who is the bigger pussy at the station. Shit is never going to be a 100% normal, get used to it. Listening to the 1st segment of Mac and Parkins was brutal. Both complaining about people having people over for cookouts and shit.

There's mounting evidence that lockdowns and social distancing don't do shit except for destroying economies and making neighbors hate each other. Hopefully this version of SARS weakens just like the previous one. But the damage has been done.

There was no shortage of individuals predicting from the get-go this would be the outcome

I don't know if not locking down at all was the answer or if social distancing was necessary. But to hide behind calling it "science" when such a thing has never been done before and the models have been terrible and everyone is just guessing and then beat people over the head with "expertise" is bullshit. It's not some inarguable fact that "social distancing" works. Nobody even heard of social distancing a few months ago. Its wiki was created April 12. Please don't act as if it's some absolute truth even if you're the greatest virologist in history with an MD and six PhDs, because the truth is, you have no fucking idea.

No issue with the lockdown, but it's over. People are leaving their homes more now, and will continue to do so with warmer weather now arriving.

The lockdowns were meant to allow the health care system to manage the capacity of sick people. It was never meant to kill the virus, just slow the spread. Some of the recent conversation seems to have shifted though to eradication, etc.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 9:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

Douchebag wrote:
MongoMuller wrote:
pittmike wrote:
He is launching his show today with the first 20 min segment full of virus lecture.

Does anyone listen to sports radio for virus talk? I find myself turning to sports to try and forget the world is going to hell but maybe I'm in the minority. I don't even watch TV because the commercials won't let you forget about the virus. I think they're trying to be uplifting but they have the opposite effect for me.

Sports? What sports topic is actually relevant right now? I'm not even sure why anyone on The Score is doing shows right now, but sports are probably the worst topic right now.

There isn't much to talk about so not shocked they are going to talk about this. That doesn't mean that Dan Bernstein is a doctor or that I'm a racist if I don't agree with him about his far-left opinions. I think others at the station echo most of his thoughts also so you probably get similar thoughts throughout all of the shows.

They may need to go back to airing the best of Boers and Bernstein.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 9:41 pm 

BD wrote:
Yes, I'm probably a racist

Yup.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
denisdman wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Wow was any of that shit relevant to the Last Dance outside of maybe Rodman’s body art? I am a square, so I have no clue when hip hop culture started....

It was dumb. Dan seemed to be critical that Jordan wanted to maintain a clean image and avoid being lumped in with certain elements of the culture, and the professor basically said it was because Jordan was older. Dan wasn't satisfied with that and said he was close to the same age and listed the artists he started listening to in college that his New York friends introduced him to. I thought the professor was going to say "I'm happy for you."

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 11:02 am 

Dan. Seems. To. Be. Talking. Like. This. More. Often.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 11:21 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:

Only. Listen. To. Doctors. And. To. Those. Who. Listen. To. Doctors.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 11:44 am 

RFDC wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Yesterday he didn't agree what the information a caller's doctor had given him. A texter said "You always tell people to listen to doctors, but then told that guy his doctor is wrong." Bernstein said something like "I didn't say he was wrong, but he wasn't 100% correct."

Classic Bernstein. The wannabe doctor knows more than the real doctor. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 11:45 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Yesterday he didn't agree what the information a caller's doctor had given him. A texter said "You always tell people to listen to doctors, but then told that guy his doctor is wrong." Bernstein said something like "I didn't say he was wrong, but he wasn't 100% correct."

Classic Bernstein. The wannabe doctor knows more than the real doctor. :lol:

:lol: yeah listen to doctors is just saying listen to people who agree with me.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 1:22 pm 

Listen. To. Doctors. And. Eric. B and. Rakim.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next