It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 5:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:33 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Mac FM wrote:
Zippy, you and the fellas would be amazed at how spot-on accurate Beardown is with MANY of his conspiracy theories.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Mac FM wrote:
Zippy, you and the fellas would be amazed at how spot-on accurate Beardown is with MANY of his conspiracy theories.

are you implying Beardown is Mac ?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:36 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Bagels wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Mac FM wrote:

No. I'm pointing out that Beardown is often right.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Will Mac ever share which thoughts were accurate? Will Mac ever post again

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:39 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Well Bernsie is the lone survivor of the golden age. For some reason he is the untouchable one.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Derplington wrote:
I still think Bernstein and Rongey would be a better pairing. Rongey doesn't bring much to the table, but at least they have decent chemistry. Rongey is able to bring out the little that is left of Bernstein's sense of humor.

Rongey recently got a talk radio spot as part of a trio at KMOX in St. Louis.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:45 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Well Bernsie is the lone survivor of the golden age. For some reason he is the untouchable one.

He wasn't a part of the golden age. If anything, he was an annoying beat reporter who ended his reports overemphasizing THE SCORE

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:47 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
good dolphin wrote:
pittmike wrote:

He wasn't a part of the golden age. If anything, he was an annoying beat reporter who ended his reports overemphasizing THE SCORE

Most would still consider midday B&B golden no?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
Anything that dilutes Larry is better than him solo, and anyone with radio talent should benefit bernstein. That said, this show is threatening to be nauseatingly bad with little upside. As with all shows, it will be at its best during bears season. But this pairing has more PTFB woke bullshit potential then anything on legacy media, almost to critical mass. The last time these two shared a studio they couldn't stop themselves from accusing NFL scouts of racism, and were proven wrong in a manner of seconds.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
TriColoredPastas wrote:
The last time these two shared a studio they couldn't stop themselves from accusing NFL scouts of racism, and were proven wrong in a manner of seconds.

That's hard to do with a straight face when the league is 58% black and almost all of the top QB contracts have been given to black players.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:57 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Did this work for the years and years that it was the backup pairing when Terry was out? No, it was terrible radio where the black guy pretended he was Jewish and the Jewish guy pretended he was black.

But it might work now.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:03 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Bernstein and Holmes have always been a brutal pairing. How many days tills they start talking about nerdy comic book shit or try to one up each other when talking about restaurants?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:10 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Until there's Chicago sports news on the level of a firing or a death, they're just going to analyze the complete discography of Kendrick Lamar.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Curious Hair wrote:
Did this work for the years and years that it was the backup pairing when Terry was out? No, it was terrible radio where the black guy pretended he was Jewish and the Jewish guy pretended he was black.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:34 pm 

It's wild that since terry retired there isn't a single intern/producer in the hallways that is capable of doing their own show. There is no farm system. On a relatively short timeline, this station is doomed to be a forgotten simulcast frequency. Or rebranded altogether.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:40 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Curious Hair wrote:
Until there's Chicago sports news on the level of a firing or a death, they're just going to analyze the complete discography of Kendrick Lamar.

Even more reasons to PTFB.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
DAC wrote:
Bernstein and Holmes have always been a brutal pairing. How many days tills they start talking about nerdy comic book shit or try to one up each other when talking about restaurants?

I’ll give Bernstein 10 shows til he explains in nauseating detail why LoHo is eating spaghetti the wrong way.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:52 pm 

pizza_Place: palermo's
No one mentioning Rick Camp getting fired...again
https://twitter.com/RickCCamp/status/15 ... 4889566208

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:07 pm 

Camp seems like a decent guy but he’s not somebody that’s make me turn on a station.

I wouldn’t take any joy in his firing if that’s what happened.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:27 pm 

No joy in watching Camp get fired again but legacy media is a brutal business. He has enough NBA knowledge to land a gig on betQL or something. WSCR should take note though, you had better start differentiating yourselves from just being another podcast which is what the station has essentially been for several years now.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:34 pm 

TriColoredPastas wrote:
No joy in watching Camp get fired again but legacy media is a brutal business. He has enough NBA knowledge to land a gig on betQL or something. WSCR should take note though, you had better start differentiating yourselves from just being another podcast which is what the station has essentially been for several years now.

i think they just started publishing their podcasts to spotify. plus they crowd the feed with the full hours and two segments from each show. accessing their content is a nightmare.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:36 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Camp seems like a decent guy but he’s not somebody that’s make me turn on a station.

I wouldn’t take any joy in his firing if that’s what happened.

there is no joy there at all. how can they not afford his salary? they look cheap.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:40 pm 

Having host-approved bloggers doesn't count either. No one gives a fuck what sheehan or calcaterra think. Anyone can do that. And take some fucking calls for someone who isn't bill on umm uhh y'know right? hill. At least try to remember what people used to like about this station before you had to have a weekly segment on the afternoon show talking about how fun it used to be.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
DAC wrote:

How about a segment on "Ivy League schools I turned down?" I'm sure LoHo has shared his Yale story with Dan and Dan has shared his Harvard story with LoHo.

Leaving the negativity aside for a second, there is a chance that this could be decent. LoHo has absolutely no reason to kowtow to Dan. So, if he decides not to kiss his ass, it could make for good radio.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:07 pm 

TriColoredPastas wrote:
Having host-approved bloggers doesn't count either. No one gives a fuck what sheehan or calcaterra think. Anyone can do that. And take some fucking calls for someone who isn't bill on umm uhh y'know right? hill. At least try to remember what people used to like about this station before you had to have a weekly segment on the afternoon show talking about how fun it used to be.

like the score phone is lighting up these days when it's not blocked out

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:15 pm 

Warren Newson wrote:
DAC wrote:

How about a segment on "Ivy League schools I turned down?" I'm sure LoHo has shared his Yale story with Dan and Dan has shared his Harvard story with LoHo.

Leaving the negativity aside for a second, there is a chance that this could be decent. LoHo has absolutely no reason to kowtow to Dan. So, if he decides not to kiss his ass, it could make for good radio.

He won't have to. They will be in lockstep on every story. That's why it will be bad radio.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:12 pm 

Son of a bitch. I dont want more of Larry. This sucks. It is going to be a horrible pairing.

It also sucks for Camp. He seems like a genuine dude. Hope he lands on his feet somewhere.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:16 pm 

Warren Newson wrote:
DAC wrote:

I can’t think of anything Sir would argue with Bernstein. He’s not exactly a strong personality and the opinions he does have are lockstep with Danny B.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Mac FM wrote:

No. I'm pointing out that Beardown is often right.

Thanks. I'm not as dumb as everybody thinks. I think I have a skill of reading people. I have overcome the handicap of being half Polish. Same goes for Good Dolphin. He's Polish and I think he's pretty smart. We're not all stupid like everybody says.

Larry and Bernstein as partners? Like I said when I predicted it, absolutely horrible. Should have just left Bernstein solo. It's just gonna be
"That's right, Dan" and Larry trying to impress Bernstein to get his approval. Which is what Larry has always been. Now it will be with Larry as his partner.

Larry has always followed Bernstein's show. And his entire career has been repeating Bernstein's thoughts.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:12 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I thought Holmes used to try to imitate Bernstein, which was annoying even though I was a HUGE B&B fan at the time. I believe Holmes has gotten comfortable in his own skin. It should be a really good listen during the football season.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next