It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 9:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: 12/1: Goff & Herron
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:54 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
It was kind of funny. Shouldn't apologize.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
He definitely does not hold himself to standards he sets for others.

No. Because Goff isn't woke. Like many others, he's forced to pretend to be woke in today's world. He would love to joke about crackers, gays, women, transgenders and Lithuanians. I mean, he's against the systemic racism against black people. Of course. And he thinks he's a modern day MLK. But he's forced to hide his bigotry towards non blacks. Then he slipped here and reveals that. Then the phony apology cuz he's scared he'll be canceled. The exact thing he would rip others for.

Lucky for Goff, minorities get forgiven for fucking up more than crackers if they do a fake apology. The fake angry mob like Julie go easier on guys like Goff. Goff certainly wouldn't go easy on a cracker for the same misstep.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:59 am 

pizza_Place: Peqouds
Beardown wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

No. Because Goff isn't woke. Like many others, he's forced to pretend to be woke in today's world. He would love to joke about crackers, gays, women, transgenders and Lithuanians. I mean, he's against the systemic racism against black people. Of course. And he thinks he's a modern day MLK. But he's forced to hide his bigotry towards non blacks. Then he slipped here and reveals that. Then the phony apology cuz he's scared he'll be canceled. The exact thing he would rip others for.

Lucky for Goff, minorities get forgiven for fucking up more than crackers if they do a fake apology. The fake angry mob like Julie go easier on guys like Goff. Goff certainly wouldn't go easy on a cracker for the same misstep.

Very well said. And you have the supposedly hip white guys that idolize a clown like Goff yet he can't stand any of them. The dude would be living in assisted living housing if he didnt hook up with his latest sex therapist friend.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:14 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Curious Hair wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

[Ron Howard voice] "In fact, it did happen again, when Jason referred to singing at the Bulls' Oktoberfest promotion as 'what happens when you leave white people alone for too long, either this or they start a hockey team.'"

Those jokes make me like Goff more.

Can someone clarify if it's the Amish or the Lithuanians who are supposed to be offended.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:19 am 

brucester001 wrote:
Beardown wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Very well said. And you have the supposedly hip white guys that idolize a clown like Goff yet he can't stand any of them. The dude would be living in assisted living housing if he didnt hook up with his latest sex therapist friend.

That seems oddly specific

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:54 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Douchebag wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Angry Lithuanian sports radio host would be a good, albeit very specific, bit.

He wouldn't be angry, his arguments would just be steadfast and annoyingly persistent.

Shots fired at Brick

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:13 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Goff with Amish roots takes up skiing.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:50 am 

I just saw this thread. Now I know how Palestinians feel on here. Lithuaniaphobia running rampant and Dr. Style not saying anything about it!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:55 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
i'm assuming a bit, but i love that Brick calls him "Dr. Style" :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

Back to Fridays show with Goff subbing...

Nobody who claims to be Jason's friend will tell him this, so I have to do it.

It was extremely unprofessional. To take hostage of a station and somebody else's show to rant and rave about how he was wronged and that he's a martyr. He also said there is still a lot of back stabbing going on at the SCORE. Said it was that way when he was there too.

He's gotta understand he might need the SCORE again one day. Mac got 3 or 4 different chances. He could have been given a 2nd shot.

Instead, he came in, poured gasoline all over the fucking place, lit a match and burned that fucking bridge down.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Bagels wrote:
i'm assuming a bit, but i love that Brick calls him "Dr. Style" :lol:

It's easier to type

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:18 pm 

Beardown wrote:

It was extremely unprofessional. To take hostage of a station and somebody else's show to rant and rave about how he was wronged and that he's a martyr. He also said there is still a lot of back stabbing going on at the SCORE. Said it was that way when he was there too.

He's gotta understand he might need the SCORE again one day. Mac got 3 or 4 different chances. He could have been given a 2nd shot.

Instead, he came in, poured gasoline all over the fucking place, lit a match and burned that fucking bridge down.

Sometimes that's okay. It can be very satisfying. He wasn't going to be Mac, he never had those numbers or that following.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

Spaulding wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Sometimes that's okay. It can be very satisfying. He wasn't going to be Mac, he never had those numbers or that following.

I guess. It's more than just a potential 2nd shot at the SCORE though. Other media outlets in town will hear about how he behaved and put him on a "no hire" list. He came across as unstable and hostile. Employers don't like that shit.

Like I said, if he had true friends, they'd tell him the same thing I just said. Fake friends like Larry will always tell Jason he's great and everything he does is awesome. Even though they don't believe that.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:35 pm 

Beardown wrote:

I guess. It's more than just a potential 2nd shot at the SCORE though. Other media outlets in town will hear about how he behaved and put him on a "no hire" list. He came across as unstable and hostile. Employers don't like that shit.

Like I said, if he had true friends, they'd tell him the same thing I just said. Fake friends like Larry will always tell Jason he's great and everything he does is awesome. Even though they don't believe that.

What media outlets? It's dead. I love the blaze of glory exit.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

Spaulding wrote:
Beardown wrote:

What media outlets? It's dead. I love the blaze of glory exit.

There's a few. He might need them one day. Plus his current employer, NBC Chicago, probably frowned upon it. The guy who fired him isn't there anymore. It wasn't Mitch Rosen. It was his boss at the time.

Plus it's been years. He has bitched and moaned about this before. He already had his blaze of glory. I gave him a pass for it at the time cuz it was recent. Can't still be swinging 6 or 7 years later.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:02 am 

Football Night in Chicago is on now with Sir Laurence who slightly resembles an engorged tick rambling. sure he has a job sort of. But does he have any self respect or real prospects? I don't think so.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:06 am 

The white guy has no eyelashes and no tie on and his shirt isn't right for it so it looks all goofy. Sir probably hates him.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:17 am 

Spaulding wrote:
Football Night in Chicago is on now with Sir Laurence who slightly resembles an engorged tick rambling. sure he has a job sort of. But does he have any self respect or real prospects? I don't think so.

He's doing nicely right now co hosting a mid day show as his principal and being able to supplement with side work. One thing you have to say for Sir is that he is a hustler. He will work any shift on any media platform offered to him. He's like Kaplan in that way. He'll have a job at the Score for as long as Mitch is around. By the time he isn't, he will have attained some kind of senior status at the station. There will be a time in our lives when Sir will be honored by the station for his longevity. He will see it as being honored for the quality of his work

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

I think Goff will do the bulls until he’s deal runs out and won’t get another media job in Chicago. He can be one of those guys that bounces around the country for lesser jobs in smaller markets. I don’t know if he or his girl would want that. Plus he has a kid.

Jason will have no one to blame but himself. He just can’t help but burn bridges. He will blame others though. That’s what he does.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:48 am 

Beardown wrote:
I think Goff will do the bulls until he’s deal runs out and won’t get another media job in Chicago. He can be one of those guys that bounces around the country for lesser jobs in smaller markets. I don’t know if he or his girl would want that. Plus he has a kid.

Jason will have no one to blame but himself. He just can’t help but burn bridges. He will blame others though. That’s what he does.

He had that Sirius NBA gig for a while. He can probably do those kind of shows for life.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:45 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Jason is beloved by his right-thinking peers. As long as there is networking, he will be just fine.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
Jason is beloved by his right-thinking peers. As long as there is networking, he will be just fine.

I don't think he is beloved by his "right-thinking peers". I think he has a lot of phony friends. Meaning, they tell you you're great but they don't believe it. The reason Larry tells Jason he's great is because he wants Jason to tell him he's great. Yes, that's how shallow it is. And both Larry and Jason get that from others as well. White peers almost have to do it out of fear that Larry and Jason will think they're racist otherwise.

The sports media business is much like Hollywood. Lots of phonies. Lot's of insecure people that also have huge egos.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchi's
GOFF got fired cuz hes bad. Its simple as that. He can rip on hockey, baseball, etc all he wants but noone wants to talk NBA all day long except Goff and Bernstein.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:28 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Nicklin3011 wrote:
GOFF got fired cuz hes bad. Its simple as that. He can rip on hockey, baseball, etc all he wants but noone wants to talk NBA all day long except Goff and Bernstein.

GOFF got fired? Breaking news?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:19 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I have some breaking news...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:37 pm 

Franky T wrote:
Nicklin3011 wrote:

GOFF got fired? Breaking news?

It's imminent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:48 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
I'd break my radio turning Goff off and I have no interest in listening to the Score much at all anymore BUT I'll gladly read 2 pages of snarky insults hurled Goff's way from you fellas. Well done!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:48 am 

I watched a little bit of Bulls the past couple of weeks. I'm not normally a Jason bitcher but he really does sit there arrogantly on that pre and post like he made the big time. That's a mid level job at best or something to stay relevant for a former player with savings. He dresses well but too well for a guy making the money he does. He's like a politician coming to work in $5,000 suits. It makes you wonder where the money came from.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Goff gonna Goff, hey he got over 600 replies, but does this man ever speak on anything outside of race baiting.
Goff
@Jason1Goff
·
Jan 9
Same folks who wanted black athletes to stick to sports love that Aaron Rodgers is “speaking the truth”. Can’t make this stuff up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next