It is currently Sat Jun 08, 2024 6:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
redskingreg wrote:
Maybe she's blowing off Mac and Spiegs?

I don't know. No sooner did FOX32's Anna Davlantes & her husband welcome a baby girl into the world, she was back on "Good Day Chicago", I think within a couple months. Kerry Sayers doesn't have FOX32 to fall back on anymore...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
So it's apparent Anna did not blow off her husband.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:45 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Maybe she's going to be a full-time mom for a while. I don't really get why it's a big deal. Do we want her back? She couldn't read copy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Curious Hair wrote:
Maybe she's going to be a full-time mom for a while. I don't really get why it's a big deal. Do we want her back? She couldn't read copy.

And she was never on B&B. They'd tear her apart, and did several times after she left. She's awful.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Is Bernstein aware that LeBron has only 1 title?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
I miss baseball talk already.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Curious Hair wrote:

You might be right on the mom part...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Don Tiny wrote:
I miss baseball talk already.

"Dem Sox fans is afraid of bad elements around the ballpark"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
I think I had too much hot sauce today; I fear for the short-term health of all three of my sphincters. Just sharing that with the class.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:07 pm 
Site Admin

FavreFan wrote:

He's assuming the eight-peat.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:10 pm 

Took 50 minutes, but here's your racism chatter, folks.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:11 pm 

redskingreg wrote:

:lol: :lol: JORR = Hockey Supremacist

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:13 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
FavreFan wrote:

This sort of ties into one of my least favorite Bernstein talking points: his inability to understand why people are rooting against LeBron. He seems exasperated by this and essentially says we can't hate LeBron for being a dick-hole because he's such a fantastic athlete.

I call bullshit on this seeing as he has taken an inordinate amount joy in shitting in Lance Armstrong's breakfast this past month. Yes, yes I know he is a cheater, but he was the best cheater in a sport full of cheaters and was an incredible (albeit fake) athlete. (Perhaps a better example would be a Bulls fans' hatred of Isaiah Thomas during the late 80s, great basketball player but a first class penis)

For a show that essentially features the poster boys for hating people for little to no reason at all, Dan's inability to understand why people are rooting for LeBron to fail rings incredibly hollow.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
SpiralStairs wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

This sort of ties into one of my least favorite Bernstein talking points: his inability to understand why people are rooting against LeBron. He seems exasperated by this and essentially says we can't hate LeBron for being a dick-hole because he's such a fantastic athlete.

I call bullshit on this seeing as he has taken an inordinate amount joy in shitting in Lance Armstrong's breakfast this past month. Yes, yes I know he is a cheater, but he was the best cheater in a sport full of cheaters and was an incredible (albeit fake) athlete. (Perhaps a better example would be a Bulls fans' hatred of Isaiah Thomas during the late 80s, great basketball player but a first class penis)

For a show that essentially features the poster boys for hating people for little to no reason at all, Dan's inability to understand why people are rooting for LeBron to fail rings incredibly hollow.

He also applauded when Brett Favre got injured.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:15 pm 

beni hanna wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

To be fair, I believe JORR changed that before this discussion. Another thread had Bernsy's tweets, so JORR was proactive.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:17 pm 

They really need to drop this OMG Harden is only a 6th man! thing. If I didn't know they were fucking clueless about the NBA already I would think it was satirical. Harden is a really good young player who would get offered a max deal by at least a dozen teams.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:20 pm 

redskingreg wrote:
beni hanna wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

To be fair, I believe JORR changed that before this discussion. Another thread had Bernsy's tweets, so JORR was proactive.

Oh I certainly believe JORR acts as his own man, and is not swayed by the likes of Daniel Bernstein. He is more than willing to play along with the ridiculousness that is Bernstein avatar logic.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:25 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
FavreFan wrote:
They really need to drop this OMG Harden is only a 6th man! thing. If I didn't know they were fucking clueless about the NBA already I would think it was satirical. Harden is a really good young player who would get offered a max deal by at least a dozen teams.

There are 23 year-old 6'5" shooting guards that can handle and average 20/5/5 per 36 all over, FF.

Why would you want him? You can't throw a rock without hitting one.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:29 pm 

If Chicago were Miami this discussion might be interesting... :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
On an NBA-slurping, LeBron-blowing, hockey-degrading day such as this, you can bet this little gem will come up at some point:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... --nhl.html

Quote:

Gary Bettman targeted by Vancouver gun range over NHL lockout
By Greg Wyshynski | Puck Daddy – 6 hours ago

The DVC Indoor Shooting Center in Port Coquitlam, British Columbia is a haven for guns, ammo and catharsis — a safe, controlled environment where one can shoot off a few rounds and work out life's frustrations on a target across the room.

Some shooters bring their own objects at which to aim and fire. Wes Yen, the manager of the gun range, said that Canadian pop star Justin Bieber is among the more popular homemade B.Y.O.T. (bring your own target) options. (We imagine getting a bead on Biebs has become more difficult since the haircut.)

DVC also provides some target options for shooters: The standard bull's-eye; a zombie target, so you can recreate the escape from the farmhouse in "The Walking Dead"; and, most recently, one that depicts NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman.

"It seems to be one of our more popular targets. It's actually been a pretty big hit for us," said Yen.

It's not exactly the Bin Laden experience, but it's a way for hockey fans to express their frustration over the lockout. Albeit by pumping bullets into an avatar of a real person.

The target features a cartoon caricature of Bettman sitting at his desk, with ears the size of small automobiles and Mr. Spock eyebrows. Behind him is an NHL logo fashioned into a lock. Four targets surround him, although none are located on him.

Bettman shooting targets have proven popular at the gun range during the NHL lockout, which is nearing the 50-day mark.

"He probably equals the zombie targets that we sell," said Yen, complimentary.

Thing is, Gary Bettman isn't a reanimated corpse, although that is his comportment in certain interviews. He's a living, breathing lightning rod of controversy that receives threats of violence from places other than Chris Chelios.

Twitter search "Bettman" and "bullet"; you don't find much, but what you find is jarring.

The NHL declined comment for this story.

Was there any hesitation about using a public figure on a gun range target, at a time of intense hatred for the man?

"I guess not. It's an animated target. We're not using real people. Everyone knows it's just for fun," said Yen.

It's one of the reasons one goes to the gun range: To fire weapons that would get you arrested outside of that environment, and traffic in violent fantasies. It's as much a form of escapism as plopping down $100 to watch two teams beat the hell out of each other for three periods (you know, when they're allowed to work).

Will a DVC member firing a shotgun at Gary Bettman seek to do the same in real life? Likely not.

Is that any comfort to Gary Bettman, knowing his picture is catching bullets at a BC gun range because the Vancouver Canucks are locked out? Likely not.

Yet for Yen and DVC, the lockout hasn't hurt. Bettman's not only benefited them as a target, but as a reason for people to leave their hockey-less homes and head over to the firing range.

"It's good for my business. When there's nothing on TV, people will come down to the range and start shooting," said Yen.

s/t Brody Hemrich

Wyshynski has really given Dan everything he needs to work with:

-Will a DVC member firing a shotgun at Gary Bettman seek to do the same in real life? Likely not. Yes, likely not...but when it comes to the beer-swilling, antisemitic ranks of hockey mutants...can we be sure?

-Twitter search "Bettman" and "bullet"; you don't find much, but what you find is jarring. It's like Goff never left!

-It's one of the reasons one goes to the gun range: To fire weapons that would get you arrested outside of that environment, and traffic in violent fantasies. Know who would never traffic in violent fantasies? NBA fans!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:45 pm 

Sounds like Dan hasn't watched many Harden games. He's one of the best at attacking the basket in the league.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:00 pm 

Did I miss where the definitive evidence came out that there is no question that NBA players are the "best" athletes? and he cant understand why he got flamed on Twitter and called out for trolling??

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:07 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Did I miss where the definitive evidence came out that there is no question that NBA players are the "best" athletes? and he cant understand why he got flamed on Twitter and called out for trolling??

Aren't these comparisons the same type of thoughtless bar stool ramblings that Dan rails against constantly?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:09 pm 
Site Admin

SpiralStairs wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Aren't these comparisons the same type of thoughtless bar stool ramblings that Dan rails against constantly?

The only sanctioned comparsions are those that sre found on the Reference sites.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:11 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:12 pm 

RGIII couldn't hold a candle to Eddy Curry's athleticism.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:14 pm 

Look at their BODIES.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:21 pm 

I dont know why Lil Danny just doesnt come out and say already that Lebron is the most chiseled black buck he's ever seen in his life and wants to suck every last inch of his cock while LeBron simultaneously teabags his wife.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:21 pm 

redskingreg wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Dan's brother is now calling, defending hockey -- half-heartedly of course.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next