It is currently Sun Jun 09, 2024 12:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:36 am 

Yes, great work Zizou!

Curious Hair wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:
Maybe dude was just an asshole.

daa! daa!
DUUUDE WAS JUST AN ASSHOLE
daa! daa!
DUUUDE WAS JUST AN ASSHOLE

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:56 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
don't forget that i'm pretty sure there will be some gravedancing regarding rick majerus. i'm pretty sure that terry thinks he's a fat piece of shit.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:59 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Beardown wrote:
Dan - If I want to talk 100% "murder-suicide", I'll talk 100% "murder-suicide". Just like if I want to talk 100% "Child Rape", I'll talk 100% "Child Rape". You either listen or you don't. That's the deal.

you know, i'll never forget that day last november or whatever it was.... i literally turned on the score circa ~3pm and was immediately serenaded with detailed descriptions of child rape. it was quite shocking....

of course i didn't PTFB, i took off my left sock and got to work ;)

all kidding aside tho, really, at the time i couldn't help but wonder if deep down beneath the tinfoil hat caricature dan was really outraging against it or outright promoting it.... i mean, for someone who's so against child rape, i'll be damned if he wasn't doing a veritable storytime for pedophiles right there on the 50k watt (big ben gordon with a......) torch.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:43 am 
1000 CLUB

There was a Cinncinati Bengal that died a year or so ago. He jumped on his wife's pickup truck and fell off while she was going 50 or 60mph. They celebrated that death for a while and yelled at people for feeling bad for him. These guys love when young black athletes die. They're kind of sick, to be honest with you. Sure, they hide it by saying they were horrible people, but it goes deeper than that. Especially with Bernstein. Boers, as always, just follows Dan's lead.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
sinicalypse wrote:
Zizou wrote:
Dan: Here's an email from Bill on Capitol Hill that doubles as a homoerotic serenade to me.

of course i didn't PTFB, i took off my left sock and got to work

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:11 am 
1000 CLUB

I just want to point out that Tom Jackson said the right thing just now. First thing he said was this LB is a murderer and that he killed a 23 year old new mother. That we shouldn't forget about her today.

ESPN did the fade to black thing. But they showed a picture of both him and the women with the years that they lived. Still find it creepy that ESPN decided to put their pictures next to each other. He murdered her!!!!! You think her family wants to see their pictures next to each other like that on a TV tribute. That was sick.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:41 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
sinicalypse wrote:
don't forget that i'm pretty sure there will be some gravedancing regarding rick majerus. i'm pretty sure that terry thinks he's a fat piece of shit.

*SIGH* Look, no, as walking rectums go, Majerus was better than most, but, uh, eh, again, in my world, when you walk around so fat for so long, eh, bad things are bound to happen, I mean, uh, eh, eh, Majerus, it's too bad, but eh, uh, why couldn't it have been Charlie Weis for the love of God!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:10 am 

Quote:
Dan Bernstein ‏@dan_bernstein
Any #Chiefs "honoring" of murderer Jovan Belcher would be an obscenity. ESPN's tribute-graphic already insult enough.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:25 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaPlace
It's all Chris Benoits fault damn it!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:27 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
conns7901 wrote:
Quote:
Any #Chiefs "honoring" of murderer Jovan Belcher would be an obscenity. ESPN's tribute-graphic already insult enough.

And there we go.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:39 am 
1000 CLUB

I thougt the same thing about that graphic-tribute. I was disgusted the moment I saw it. Putting his picture next to a picture of the women he murdered? Are you fucking kidding me? Think about that? Does the prodcution staff not think? That was awful.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
conns7901 wrote:
Quote:

This is what I find so odd about Dan, he constantly pushes a narrative that any issue related to sports falls neatly into on category or another (ie. good/bad, right/wrong, etc.). Yet when asked his opinion on anything that isn't child rape, momentum in baseball, Lance Armstrong, or LeBron he throws up his hands at the "randomness" of everything.

Is it permissible in Dan's world to remember Jovan Belcher in any way? Can a player wear a patch or eye black with his number as a commemoration of victims of domestic abuse and/or suffers of mental illness without incurring Dan's wrath?

And really, is Dan sitting at home right now, watching ESPN, and personally feeling insulted by ESPN's "tribute" to Belcher? That kind of hyper-sensitivity doesn't seem all that different from the pearl clutchers who wrote into ABC complaining about how Janet Jackson's partially exposed tit scarred their idiot children for life.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

SpiralStairs wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
Quote:

This is what I find so odd about Dan, he constantly pushes a narrative that any issue related to sports falls neatly into on category or another (ie. good/bad, right/wrong, etc.). Yet when asked his opinion on anything that isn't child rape, momentum in baseball, Lance Armstrong, or LeBron he throws up his hands at the "randomness" of everything.

Is it permissible in Dan's world to remember Jovan Belcher in any way? Can a player wear a patch or eye black with his number as a commemoration of victims of domestic abuse and/or suffers of mental illness without incurring Dan's wrath?

And really, is Dan sitting at home right now, watching ESPN, and personally feeling insulted by ESPN's "tribute" to Belcher? That kind of hyper-sensitivity doesn't seem all that different from the pearl clutchers who wrote into ABC complaining about how Janet Jackson's partially exposed tit scarred their idiot children for life.

I find it odd that he has so many negative thoughts about ESPN (this latest outrage by them) and then commenting about how Ditka hasn't said anything interesting in years from somebody who goes out of his way to say he doesn't watch pre-game shows, much less ESPN when there isn't a game of interest on.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:57 pm 

Thanks to their ability to circle their wagons and be inspired by an unspeakable tragedy, the Chiefs were able to honor the memory of their lost teammate by doing it for the fans and winning at home against the Panthers. Congratulations you guys!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:00 pm 

Nice to see the Chiefs rally around this tragedy and pick up the victory. :D

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
SpiralStairs wrote:
Thanks to their ability to circle their wagons and be inspired by an unspeakable tragedy, the Chiefs were able to honor the memory of their lost teammate by doing it for the fans and winning at home against the Panthers. Congratulations you guys!

They played for people, for the city and speed the healing process.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:00 pm 

More ammo for Dan.

Quote:
Gregg Doyel ‏@GreggDoyelCBS
How? RT @CBSSports: The Chiefs let Jovan Belcher's uniform hang in the locker room. http://bit.ly/UAxliO

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:04 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:
The show will be unlistenable and bad tomorrow

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:10 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
The show will be unlistenable and bad tomorrow

Let's see here:

1.) Bears lose at home in OT;
2.) Chiefs rally around a murderer to defeat the Panthers;
3.) Rick Majerus croaked.

I'm calibrating my Self-Righteous-Indignation-O-Meter as we speak, though I doubt it will hold up to the incredible strains it's going to be put under tomorrow afternoon.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:13 pm 

I know he's not be confused with Albert Schweitzer or anything, but what did Majerus ever do to earn the enmity of the afternoon show? Too coachy?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
badrogue17 wrote:
I know he's not be confused with Albert Schweitzer or anything, but what did Majerus ever do to earn the enmity of the afternoon show? Too coachy?

They liked Rick Majerus. The worse they've done was make fun of his "big Gay guy" quote, as many people did. Other than that, they've spoken well of him.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
SomeGuy wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
Quote:

And there we go.

You disagree with that?

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
@dan_bernstein wrote:
I just trashed my second column attempt, now returning to my first idea. This is crazy. #Bears

...and not a single adverb was spared that day.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
Quote:

And there we go.

You disagree with that?

I disagree with spending more than a passing moment on this topic on the show. I'm hoping that the Bears game gets most of their thoughts.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:46 pm 

pizza_Place: whatever
I just listened to Doug and OB for 5 mins. Damn, this show us awful. Can't believe I listened to it in the past.

OB seems to believe the Bears O would be the best in the league if only they used the TE more.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Dan Bernstein wrote:
Opportunities abounded for all of the linebackers to stop the maddeningly-effective Russell Wilson.

There is no reason for that hyphen to exist.

Dan Bernstein wrote:
Here were Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall and Robbie Gould saving the day after some welcome replay decisions and dumb Seattle penalties were conspiring to help bail out Smith for bypassing an easy, early field goal, and his offensive line for not gaining two feet on fourth down.

The aerial combination was pure brilliance. Cutler not only posted a passer-efficiency rating of 119.6, he picked up first downs with scrambles and dives, even juking defensive backs. His hail-mary completion to Marshall was a display of raw talent from both players.

And for what? Only to live to see Seattle carve them up again with the same formations and calls. No secrets, no tricks, just more extended plays and first downs. Ballgame.

I feel like 90% of Dan's blogumns consist of apologias for the offense, excoriations of the defense for letting said offense down, or both. Does he know that the Bears have one of the worst passing games in the league?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:07 pm 

Dave, what part of what he is saying in regards to today's game is wrong? The passing game was not to blame today. Cutler was good. Marshall was good. The defense did let them down today. Not sure what is hard about that. Seems like you are just wanting to disagree with Bernsie to disagree with him.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

NBC did a fine job in the "murder-suicide" coverage. Best of all the networks from what I've seen. Costas asked for "Gun Control" during half time. He used quotes from a Jason Witlock column to do so.

I've got to say it again. I still can't believe that ESPN paired the pictures of the murder victim and her killer in their graphic tribute. ESPN should be destroyed for doing that. It was just disgusting.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

They liked Rick Majerus. The worse they've done was make fun of his "big Gay guy" quote, as many people did. Other than that, they've spoken well of him.

That was my memory of it as well.

Hatters gonna hat.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:00 am 
1000 CLUB

Question - Weren't both Boers and Bernstein outraged just a few years ago about anyone who would vote for a known steroid/HGH user? I don't mind if somebody change their opinions, but from what I heard Friday, they now BOTH have the exact same position of thinking that now it doesn't matter who you vote for because it's just sports???

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next