It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
No Clever Moniker wrote:
So, there's a secret "big picture" that Dan knows about and the rest of us can only guess (inaccurately, of course) as to what the picture will be. Or even if it will be.

A column was written, and Dan will narrow the construct so that nobody can refute what he is saying, despite recent history (the past 2 Super Bowl winners) making it obviously flawed.

Times like this (solo shows), particularly around Christmas, makes me more appreciative of the iTunes gift cards that I receive.

Speaking of columns, Bernsy writes about "Strange Days for Bears, Fans". That column can be found here:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/12/26/ ... ears-fans/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:29 pm 

I guess it's now acceptable to want Lovie Smith to be fired on this show. No more Mike North music for callers who say it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I guess it's now acceptable to want Lovie Smith to be fired on this show. No more Mike North music for callers who say it.

It's no longer because he's black.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:31 pm 

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Mike North?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Bernstein is saying that he "has been told" that Emery has drawn "large-scale" conclusions about Lovie. Why doesn't he specify what these conclusions are?

As opposed to having no opinion of Lovie's performance?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:34 pm 

BD wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Bernstein is saying that he "has been told" that Emery has drawn "large-scale" conclusions about Lovie. Why doesn't he specify what these conclusions are?

Being told conclusions have been drawn is not the same as knowing what those conclusions are.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Uh, uh, eh, look, my guy says the same thing, there's uh, eh, look GMs draw conclusions all the time, and uh, eh, eh, eeeee, in point of fact, this GM, and listen, the Bears have had a lot of different GMs over the years, but uh, again, look, uh, this GM, Phil Emery, from what I've heard, he has drawn large scale conclusions about Lovie, now, uh, eh, eh, what they might be, I can't really say, but he may keep Lovie or he may fire him, my guy has told me exactly which way he is leaning, but eh, uh, I really can't say right now, but uh, eh, again, I'm sure danny and I will discuss it off the air since we've both heard the same things, uh, eh, that sounds about right, yeah, but look, for the love of God, Lovie will either stay or he will be fired, we know that for sure.

Just last week, Holmes had a show where he "said things, but couldn't really say things" because of some garbage about the sensistivity of his sources. Bernstein suggested that listeners "listen hard" to what Holmes said, and the next day, during the end of show transition, said what Holmes apparently couldn't say, that Cutler/Marshall wanted a new OC, to which, Holmes, apparently now freed, agreed with Dan's theory.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
BD wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Being told conclusions have been drawn is not the same as knowing what those conclusions are.

Of course not. Bernstein likes to tease with his information.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

cluv8484 wrote:
Is this "We" and "They" complaining from Dan going to drone on all day....just give in man, the listeners can't handle listening to you complain any more than you can handle the caller suiting up in the navy and orange

Not sure why he cares so much about that. Pretty stupid.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:51 pm 

BD wrote:
cluv8484 wrote:
Is this "We" and "They" complaining from Dan going to drone on all day....just give in man, the listeners can't handle listening to you complain any more than you can handle the caller suiting up in the navy and orange

Not sure why he cares so much about that. Pretty stupid.

It seems kinda petty to me. The "We" & "They" stuff...Who the hell cares?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:52 pm 

Melt down by Bernsie is coming. Hope you get this one recorded Kid :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:56 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Melt down by Bernsie is coming. Hope you get this one recorded Kid :lol:

I don't know if it'll be similar to the time when Bernsy hosted a similar solo show after a White Sox/Angels' game in which John Danks was like clockwork and a Sox game was quick as a hiccup. That's when I first heard Bernsy screaming.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
RFDC wrote:
BD wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Do you really believe Bernstein has a "source?"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:04 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Yes, and his source is a huge Emery apologist.

Sports Illustrated/CBS Sports' NCAA Basketball analyst Seth Davis on with Bernsy right now.

Tall Midget wrote:
RFDC wrote:
BD wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I think he has bugged Virginia's panty drawer

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:09 pm 

Man what a crappy time for Terry to be gone.

Quote:
(CBS) In part of the 30th anniversary of the 1983 “Winning Ugly” White Sox team that won the American League West, former manager Tony La Russa will attend SoxFest next month.

SoxFest, which will be held Jan. 25-27 at the Palmer House Hilton, will also feature Harold Baines, 1983 rookie of the year Ron Kittle, slugger Greg Luzinski and former player and broadcaster Tom Paciorek

Hawk Harrelson, who was the team’s announcer in 1983, will also be in attendance. Harrelson later become the general manager and fired La Russa in 1986.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Yes, and his source is a huge Emery apologist.

:lol:

Emery's first year not looking good:

Campbell: Bad
Bush: Bad, injured
McClellin: Mediocre, injured
Jeffery: Mediocre, injured
Hardin: Injured
Rodriguez: Meh
Marshall: Excellent (although this team needs draft picks in the worst way)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
RFDC wrote:
I think he has bugged Virginia's panty drawer

In all humility, I can't possibly propose any 'visual' that's going to be worse than anything any other reader puts inside their own mind when they realize I'm not going to put something there for them with this rather wordy reply, even for me.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:17 pm 

Two things...

*Wayne Randazzo takes over for Matt Rodewald at the "Scoreboard Update" desk starting at 3:30P.

*Bulls/Pacers-Snowed out tonight in Indianapolis; rescheduled at a later date, says Bulls Radio Network's Chuck Swirsky's Twitter.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
SHARK wrote:
Two things...

*Wayne Randazzo takes over for Matt Rodewald at the "Scoreboard Update" desk starting at 3:30P.

*Bulls/Pacers-Snowed out tonight in Indianapolis; rescheduled at a later date, says Bulls Radio Network's Chuck Swirsky's Twitter.

Thanks, SHARK.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:19 pm 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
SHARK wrote:
Two things...

Thanks, SHARK.

They're anticipating a foot of snow in Indianapolis. No Bulls until Saturday vs. the Wizards at the U.C. as a result of tonight's postponement.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:20 pm 

Considering how bad they played yesterday that postpone may be the best news of the day

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:21 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
hey SHARK, what's this CBS "first take" knockoff that seth davis just spent ~5 mins vouching for?

...cuz at CBS/radio, you know that even the most bullshit formats are 100% legit. it's time for a sports minute, dammit. my body is ready.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:22 pm 

Bernsie always talks about how bad college basketball is and now his buddy is on and he is all about college hoops :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Am I hearing this correctly? Is Dan Bernstein waxing poetic about current college basketball?

edit to RFDC...so it wasn't just me.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:25 pm 

beni hanna wrote:
Am I hearing this correctly? Is Dan Bernstein waxing poetic about current college basketball?

edit to RFDC...so it wasn't just me.

He's probably waxing poetic about the college game because the Bulls are mediocre at best & that there's no NHL in sight. I think if there's no CBA by January 15th, you can kiss the NHL goodbye for this season and a lot of finger pointing can begin, if not already.

That said, if the Bears don't make the NFL Playoffs, that's all we've got to watch until the White Sox & Cubs report to Arizona.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

DId anyone ever call in with the I want Lovie fired specifically because he's black reason? mustve missed that. Or was that just they typical B & B take on anyone who called in wanting him gone?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:42 pm 

A late addition. Bulls' Insider Aggrey Sam from CSNChicago.com joins Bernsy after Randazzo's 4P "Scoreboard" & the legal ID. When will tonight's snowed out Central Division game vs. the Pacers be rescheduled?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
SHARK, when are both penuses going to be back to concurrently hosting the show? Next week? Week after that?

Unrelated, I should like to call you SHARKford (one word, but pronounced like SHARK-ferd) because it's a dumb habit of mine to do that to many people's names (and my cat's as well, e.g., Ikeford). Would you object?

(not a dickhead question .... just a dumb one I've been meaning to raise for months and never bothered to type out)