It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Beardown wrote:
doug - evergreen park wrote:
1. Vacation time. Take it.
2. Maybe...wouldn't be surprised about Mac&Spiegs afternoons. I also think Spiegel doesn't take any crap. So, he'll confront anyone.
3. I think we will have a Bernstein and Holmes show once Terry retires. Probably mid-day.
4. pissy? I don't really hear it...and I don't agree about the producing element. drinky is the most adaptable at that station.
5. I don't think it's a take down as much as a foreshadowing. Berns kids are getting older, I'm sure he'll want to be able to see sporting events and dance recitals. Mac's kids are older...Spiegs has the baby, drinky has a baby on the way.

1. I know B&B were on vacation, but Mac and Spiegs could have done their midday show that day.

2. Spieg's makes an ass of himself when he fights Bernstein. But he will engage.

3. Yeah. We all fear that.

4. Yes. Pissy. To what has he adapted? He answers phones. Phones haven't changed much since drinky started producing. Boers laughs at all of the stupid stuff drinky says. Bernstein kind of rolls his eyes at him and laughs at him to himself. Mac and Spiegs don't put up with Drinky's stupidity. They don't think he's as cute or funny as drinky thinks of himself. I've heard them call him out when he tries to get cute or make some dumb comments to them during his bad updates. Drinky would not like a change of producing another show. 1. He thinks he's too old for this producing shit, you're normally not doing it into you're 40s. 2. Mac would yell at him for not doing things right. Drinky would not take well to that. B&B don't ask anything of drinky nor do they criticize him. He just answers the phones, jumps on the air a few times to cry and bitch and goes home. Mac would demand more things from him. They wouldn't take his crying and bitching either.

5. That makes a little sense. I still think you miss sporting events and recitals for 100 grand or so. I'm just guessing that would be the pay cut from going from afternoons to middays. Plus Bernstein gets off at 6pm. It's pretty much an hour difference as to when most people get off.

Hard to argue

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:13 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Let's try and figure this one out. It would be easy to dismiss Elmhurst Steve because he's a racist. But racist can get info as well.
:lol: My favorite part of Beardown posts is how he builds cases like this.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
I believe that Berns is on his last contract with the Score. Everyone at the station dislikes him, and Mitch is growing tired of him as well.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

Over the last year, Bernstein has gotten out of control. Could Zim ask him to change? I guess. But he probably figures he wouldn't. Plus Bernstein would be a bitch to talk to. Zim knows he would lose that talk cuz Bernstein will always have an answer. Zim knows he couldn't win that fight. Like I've said, Bernstein is too far gone. No coming back at this point. So Zim's idea might be to pretend to negotiate in good faith with no intention of coming off a low ball offer and then saying "Alright Dan, good luck." Then Zim takes back his station and all other Bernstein clones will take notice that the king was dethroned. So they'll shape up.

If and when this happens, the Score will be returned back to the people. That's right. The Score would be returned back to you bastards!!!! Whom I've been fighting for all these years. Once that happens, my job here will be done. You heard me. Bernstein leaves the Score. I leave CSFMB.

CSFMB: :shock: :cheers:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
I left a message for Terry and told him all about this.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
HOW. DOES. THIS. GET. US. CLOSER. TO. A. RATINGS. CHAMPIONSHIP.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:29 pm 

Bernstein isn't leaving. He's going to see an increased role. Remember, CBS is trying to build a national radio brand where they can repackage shows to smaller markets that can't sustain a dedicated station. Bernstein is clearly the #1 talent at the station for that. Mac is second, but it's a pretty distant second.

Also, Bernstein doesn't have that many other destinations to go to, so he won't be seeking to make a big move.

There is also no way that Mac has anything to do with Elmhurst Steve posting this. Mac isn't telling him anything about a delicate situation like this. Steve is still all hurt that Bernstein disrespected his very poor radio brand of obvious points, statistics anyone could see from a box score, and jokes that could be overheard in a 3rd grade classroom(Fort Knox!).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

I do think Mac leaked this to Elmhurst Steve cuz Mac wanted to chum the waters. That's our Mackie. He likes the soap opera more than he'll admit. He didn't just do it for the CSFMBers. I think he wants the Score people to be aware of what's potentially going down.

It's a smart move. Steve leaks it. And there's no proof it came from Mac.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:38 pm 

Beardown wrote:
I do think Mac leaked this to Elmhurst Steve cuz Mac wanted to chum the waters. That's our Mackie. He likes the soap opera more than he'll admit. He didn't just do it for the CSFMBers. I think he wants the Score people to be aware of what's potentially going down.

It's a smart move. Steve leaks it. And there's no proof it came from Mac.
The Bernstein Army can mobilize now though. Just remember, that Laurence Holmes has an extensive tree of people he can call on when needed and he's a Bernstein ally.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

Q.Bovifs wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Over the last year, Bernstein has gotten out of control. Could Zim ask him to change? I guess. But he probably figures he wouldn't. Plus Bernstein would be a bitch to talk to. Zim knows he would lose that talk cuz Bernstein will always have an answer. Zim knows he couldn't win that fight. Like I've said, Bernstein is too far gone. No coming back at this point. So Zim's idea might be to pretend to negotiate in good faith with no intention of coming off a low ball offer and then saying "Alright Dan, good luck." Then Zim takes back his station and all other Bernstein clones will take notice that the king was dethroned. So they'll shape up.

If and when this happens, the Score will be returned back to the people. That's right. The Score would be returned back to you bastards!!!! Whom I've been fighting for all these years. Once that happens, my job here will be done. You heard me. Bernstein leaves the Score. I leave CSFMB.

CSFMB: :shock: :cheers:

Zim's got the bigger circumcised penis amongst the two, I'd surmise.

. . . and Bernstein is not a gambler like North. . . to the contrary, he's a "safety-first" worrywart - meaning, he'll be taking whatever they offer him. He won't be playing any type of hardball.

Possibly. Bernstein does have a young family. But either way, Zimmerman wins. He either gets Bernstein at his price or he gets rid of him. It's a win-win. Plus by getting him at your price you kind of send a message to Bernstein without saying anything. Shape up or next time it won't be a low offer. There will be no offer. So maybe the evil Bernstein changes his ways.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:42 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Terry's Peeps wrote:
I left a message for Terry and told him all about this.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Just remember, that Laurence Holmes has an extensive tree of people...

ITT: Unintentional racism

:afro:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
If they move DaMaNa & Speegs to afternoon drive, why not have Rome's show on middays. #WelcomeToTheJungle #RIPESPN1000

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Colonel Angus wrote:
If they move DaMaNa & Speegs to afternoon drive, why not have Rome's show on middays. #WelcomeToTheJungle #RIPESPN1000

That would be the only thing that would get me to switch to the Swaddle show. I fucking hate national sports radio shows.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

Colonel Angus wrote:

Oh yeah. Forgot about that. Could be that Zimmerman has been told by his bosses that he has to take Rome. We talked about this before. CBS is paying Rome a shit load of money. They could only get their money's worth if he's in all of the top 10 markets. They need to try to have Rome be a success in Chicago.

And I think those CBS Sports Radio shows launch in early to mid January from what I remember reading.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

This makes it more interesting. So maybe Mac got word that Rome would have to be on the Score. Or maybe, being a veteran broadcaster, he figured it would happen. So he began to work on getting his ass to afternoons so he wouldn't be left without a chair once the music stopped.

Then again, Mac just signed. So he's safe either way. Maybe Bernstein goes cuz his contract is up and Zimmerman has to put Rome on. So Mac goes to afternoons just cuz he already has new paper and Bernstein paper is set to expire. Could be that simple.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:06 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
sjboyd0137 wrote:
That would be the only thing that would get me to switch to the Swaddle show. I fucking hate national sports radio shows.

Agreed

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

This has some legs when you consider how hard B&B have been on the CBS minutes. They might have always thought that Corporate could force them out!!!! :shock:

That's why Drinky's ass went to work on his bad bits mocking the CBS minutes. Drinky is fighting the man!!!! Drinky's gonna go out swinging!!!!! He hasn't landed a punch, nor will he. But at least he's swinging!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Beardown wrote:
This makes it more interesting. So maybe Mac got word that Rome would have to be on the Score. Or maybe, being a veteran broadcaster, he figured it would happen. So he began to work on getting his ass to afternoons so he wouldn't be left without a chair once the music stopped.

Then again, Mac just signed. So he's safe either way. Maybe Bernstein goes cuz his contract is up and Zimmerman has to put Rome on. So Mac goes to afternoons just cuz he already has new paper and Bernstein paper is set to expire. Could be that simple.

I agree 100%

You've definitely got the best take on this controversy, thus far.

I can't wait until Mac is back on afternoons.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
YouGuys are out of your damn fool minds.

It's obvious that the government is behind the potential ouster of BernSTINE!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
I contributed to Mundane Sports Achievements years ago and a month later realized Boers was dragging down Bernstine. Tuned out those pompous blowhards and haven't looked back. They suck.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

(Wrong thread post!!!)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
I post where I please.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

http://radio.about.com/b/2012/12/27/cbs-sports-radio-to-launch-january-2.htm

Says here the CBS national shows launch on January 2nd. Jim Rome's show will be from 11-2 Central time. So I guess there would be a 9-11 slot open at the Score. Bernstein could do that show solo. But that would be way less money for him. Only two hours. Or they could cut Mully and Hanley to 5-8 and give Bernstein an 8-11 show if they still think he's worth it. That would make sense.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

How about this one!!!!

1. Mac and Spiegs didn't like Bernstein's "No way I can lose" scoop about Emery and the Bears coaching situation. They thought it was bullshit and didn't like how Bernstein called anybody who doesn't believe it a dumb ass cracker. Cuz Mac himself still thinks Virginia has some control.

2. So Mac leaks a story to Elmhurst Steve about Bernstein to get back at him in. Kind of like, you gotta a scoop so I'm gonna throw out a scoop on you. What's more, he gave the scoop to a racist meatball. Bernstein hates racist meatballs. Elmhurst Steve is the poster boy for everything "Team Bernstein" is against. He represents all that is wrong with the wrong type of people. So that's like adding insult to injury or something like that. Get it?

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:32 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Lil Danny boy is in negotiations on a new contract with the possibility that he will not be retained (see-Mike North) alive and well. It sure would be nice to see Mac switched to afternoons and a new morning show installed......

I warned North and I warned Danny too.

When Crest speaks, the wise listen.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

Seacrest wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Lil Danny boy is in negotiations on a new contract with the possibility that he will not be retained (see-Mike North) alive and well. It sure would be nice to see Mac switched to afternoons and a new morning show installed......

I warned North and I warned Danny too.

What was your warning to them?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Seacrest wrote:

This is unequivocally true.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

I think Zimmerman has all the leverage. As has been discussed, ESPN 1000 would never hire Bernstein. Bernstein knows it. More importantly, Zim knows it. This is where Bernstein being his bad ass self hurts him. All of these years bashing ESPN doesn't help when it's contract time at the Score.

WLS or WGN for Bernstein? A general topic talk show? Maybe. I'd say slim chance at WLS. Even slimmer chance at WGN. If Bernstein leaves the Score he might become the next North and Mancow. Gone and forgotten.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:46 pm 

So are we just at the point of going about business as if Seacrest is Rozer?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next