It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 5:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 600 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
she's getting better, there is a better rapport with Dan. But much like Larry, I can't get past the voice. I've given up trying to describe what it is in the vocal tone, and manner of speaking but it's grating for me. Fake laughter too.

Reggie Miller is another voice I can't stand.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:17 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
City of Fools wrote:
she's getting better, there is a better rapport with Dan. But much like Larry, I can't get past the voice. I've given up trying to describe what it is in the vocal tone, and manner of speaking but it's grating for me. Fake laughter too.

She was very good and pretty funny today.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
City of Fools wrote:

I actually think their rapport is getting worse.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

The part of the show I heard was boring and painful, though not painfully boring.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:26 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Nardi wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

The part of the show I heard was boring and painful, though not painfully boring.

The part I heard was where Bernstein wouldn't mind if G Allen fell into an open manhole. Her response was, "He already lives in Milwaukee". I'm sorry you are in pain.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
she clearly has realized what Dan finds funny and is trying to mesh with him on that stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

City of Fools wrote:
she clearly has realized what Dan finds funny and is trying to mesh with him on that stuff.

I agree with that.

The problem, though, is that there are long stretches of every show where she in no way responds to anything Bernstein is saying.

This is curious because she always directly responds to interview guests and other hosts like Laurence or Rongey (when he subs), so it's not as though she lacks the ability to carry out a conversation.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:05 pm 

City of Fools wrote:

The difference between now and when they started is CLEARLY noticeable. Is the show "good"? Probably not. But it isn't god fucking awful like the previous pairing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:15 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I Leila just found her footing. Being on NBC5, Olympics and time have given her balls to be a partner more than an item.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:45 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
I heard portions of yesterday's show from just before the Midday Midway to about 30 minutes after that. She frequently interrupted Dan to make a comment or joke and was raising her voice/yelling a lot. It was so different than what I had been accustomed to hearing from her that I wasn't sure if this was a bit or the "New Leila" that TM and vitoscotti mentioned.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:51 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:
I heard portions of yesterday's show from just before the Midday Midway to about 30 minutes after that. She frequently interrupted Dan to make a comment or joke and was raising her voice/yelling a lot. It was so different than what I had been accustomed to hearing from her that I wasn't sure if this was a bit or the "New Leila" that TM and vitoscotti mentioned.

It's new Leila. Bernstine was telling a story how it's illegal to pump your own gas in NJ but he was unaware and started to pump. "Attendant came out and started yelling at me"

Leila - "GOOD!"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nardi wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

It's new Leila. Bernstine was telling a story how it's illegal to pump your own gas in NJ but he was unaware and started to pump. "Attendant came out and started yelling at me"

Leila - "GOOD!"

Sounds like great radio.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:54 am 
1000 CLUB

She still struggles with articulating complete thoughts and telling stories that have a point. She sucks and so does this show.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:01 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Leila - "GOOD!"

Sounds like great radio.

I laughed. But then again, I was stuck in a car while hate listening to Bernstine. The reason is because it's smart radio and I'm dumb.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Frank Whittaker, station manager and vice president of news at NBC 5, told staffers in an email:
"I am pleased to announce that Leila Rahimi will be joining our sports team as a reporter and anchor on a part-time basis. Many of you may recognize Leila from her nearly 5 years of work with NBC Sports Chicago. Most recently, Leila has been co-hosting the “Bernstein and Rahimi Show” on The Score 670 AM."
Apparently only joining Bernstein on Wednesdays. Otherwise he's mostly solo.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
Not a day too soon.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
https://www.robertfeder.com/2022/03/22/ ... ts-anchor/

Leila Rahimi is about to make history again.

Last year the Chicago sportscaster broke a 29-year gender barrier when she became the first woman to host a Monday-through-Friday daytime shift on WSCR 670-AM, the Audacy sports/talk station.

Now Rahimi, 38, is about to become the first woman to be named main sports anchor at NBC-owned WMAQ-Channel 5. She’s been working part-time for NBC 5 since last fall while co-hosting middays on The Score with Dan Bernstein.

On Tuesday NBC 5 announced Rahimi will move up to full-time at NBC 5, starting April 4, essentially filling the role last held by Siafa Lewis, who left in November to become a news anchor in Philadelphia.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

I can't believe I'm typing this, but the Score should give Rongey a shot as Dan's partner. They are very fun and funny together.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
Tall Midget wrote:
I can't believe I'm typing this, but the Score should give Rongey a shot as Dan's partner. They are very fun and funny together.

I agree. Mostly because i can't think of any other promising pairing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:30 pm 

Why do these extra shifts at all? Go 6-10, 10-2, and 2-6, like a normal radio station.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
TV local news is unwatchable and must be avoided like the plague. Have to cherry-pick stories, or weather on the app. I haven't watched local news' sports segments in years.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:26 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
So has it been announced that she is leaving the Score?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
DAC wrote:
So has it been announced that she is leaving the Score?

NBC 5’s gain may be seen as The Score’s loss, with Rahimi relinquishing her full-time hosting role at the station. Bernstein is expected to continue as solo host, with Rahimi making weekly guest appearances on the midday show.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Bernstein solo is..... not great

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
billypootons wrote:
Bernstein solo is..... not great

Bernstein solo is better than Bernstein and a host that's just going to get in his way, like McKnight or Leila.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
At what point do they just make Bernstein and Holmes host together from 10-2 and move on with life?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
At what point do they just make Bernstein and Holmes host together from 10-2 and move on with life?

Kind of an AM radio play on The Producers?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
There were 50 shootings, and 20 fatalities in Chicago this past weekend.... Now, here's Leila with the sports...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:

Kind of an AM radio play on The Producers?
How about "Two of a Kind"...A variation on the Odd Couple where there are 2 Felix's.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:21 pm 

Shes hot. Pussy pass for sure. But not an idiot either
Id bang her brains out. Would love to see her loosen up and start shittin all over dannys mannerisms. But in due time, shes prob worried about getting that contract extension.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 600 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next