It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 914 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:57 pm 

Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
I thought Nas wanted the Bulls to sign (Marsh) Melo?

I did. He wouldn't be the Alpha Dog in the Bulls locker room and his scoring would help. That's why I wanted Stephenson too.

Edit: The problem is when you have someone making ridiculous statements you end up appearing to be arguing against something you wanted.
You admit to wanting Lance Stephenson but I'm the one making ridiculous statements

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:19 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Stephenson is 23 with a lot of upside. Using your math of $75M he would have only left $14M on the table.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

"I don’t care about you; I just want your vote.”
Trump '24

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:35 pm 

120-75 =14 huh?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:59 pm 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
How much NBA do you watch or do you simply site Google for your information. The game that site was the only game he played in during the series why because he broke his hand punching a wall immediately after the game. Missed the rest if the series. He also sat out the following years series against Miami. MISSED THE ENTIRE SERIES. He also missed most of the following yrs playoffs against Indiana and whatever team they played during the first round. The broken hand is common knowledge though you conveniently didn't know it. He missed games during last yrs playoffs most of them and when he played his minutes were limited. Since you like to cite statistics Carmelo Anthony almost singlehandedly won a game against Boston in that series how do I know it I watched the game. Don't need to Google search I watched it. I could pull up the stats from that game but it would be embarrassing. Also I don't troll.

You're really embarrassing yourself. Amare played in every game that series. Did you miss him with the soft cast? IIRC it was stitches and not a broken hand. It was Marshmelo shooting 39% in the 2 road games they lost by a total of 5 and shoot 35% at home that cost them the series. You won't win many series when your best player takes 90 shots in 4 games and makes 37% of them. Which game did Marshmelo almost win? Was it the game he shot the ball 18 times and made 27% of his shots? Was it the game he shot the ball 16 times and made 25% of his shots? You need to win 4 games to win a series and because he was God awful in 3 Games the Knicks didn't have a chance. Marshmelo has lost 43 of 66 playoff games and his poor play in the playoffs explains why.
I screwed up the Amare stuff
I concede that one. I didn't recall him playing much. He did I grant you that one. BILLUPS played one game though Amare hurt Game two Carmelo Anthony 42 points 17 boards 6 assist no Amare or Billups both out. Amare back spasms early didn't play at all I believe after the first quarter. If you has to ask, about that game it means you didn't see it. Boston double and triple teamed the guy for the last 4 or 5 minutes because they didn't want him to beat him. 2011 playoffs game two Boston Knicks

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:13 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
120-75 =14 huh?

He took a deal for $122M or was it $120? Since no one could give him the 5th year and extra $33M I'm excluding that. He would have eventually gotten a 5th year from whatever team he signed with. Based on the fact he left $7-9M on the table with the Knicks that also reduces the Bulls total as well to either $12M or $14M.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
How much NBA do you watch or do you simply site Google for your information. The game that site was the only game he played in during the series why because he broke his hand punching a wall immediately after the game. Missed the rest if the series. He also sat out the following years series against Miami. MISSED THE ENTIRE SERIES. He also missed most of the following yrs playoffs against Indiana and whatever team they played during the first round. The broken hand is common knowledge though you conveniently didn't know it. He missed games during last yrs playoffs most of them and when he played his minutes were limited. Since you like to cite statistics Carmelo Anthony almost singlehandedly won a game against Boston in that series how do I know it I watched the game. Don't need to Google search I watched it. I could pull up the stats from that game but it would be embarrassing. Also I don't troll.

You're really embarrassing yourself. Amare played in every game that series. Did you miss him with the soft cast? IIRC it was stitches and not a broken hand. It was Marshmelo shooting 39% in the 2 road games they lost by a total of 5 and shoot 35% at home that cost them the series. You won't win many series when your best player takes 90 shots in 4 games and makes 37% of them. Which game did Marshmelo almost win? Was it the game he shot the ball 18 times and made 27% of his shots? Was it the game he shot the ball 16 times and made 25% of his shots? You need to win 4 games to win a series and because he was God awful in 3 Games the Knicks didn't have a chance. Marshmelo has lost 43 of 66 playoff games and his poor play in the playoffs explains why.
I screwed up the Amare stuff
I concede that one. I didn't recall him playing much. He did I grant you that one. BILLUPS played one game though Amare hurt Game two Carmelo Anthony 42 points 17 boards 6 assist no Amare or Billups both out. Amare back spasms early didn't play at all I believe after the first quarter. If you has to ask, about that game it means you didn't see it. Boston double and triple teamed the guy for the last 4 or 5 minutes because they didn't want him to beat him. 2011 playoffs game two Boston Knicks

:lol: The guy that wasn't aware that a player played the entire series is questioning me about watching a game. I doubt you saw the game. I've been posting his playoff numbers from that series and others. I was aware of what he did in 1 game. You may even noticed I said he sucked in 3 games. What about those games? What about his awful playoff numbers? What about his failure to win a series? What about losing nearly twice the number of games he has won in the playoffs? You should be more focused on that.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:57 pm 

You asked for the game he went off and I provided it. Either you didn't want to give the guy credit or you didn't see the game. You're simply playing the box score game by way of google

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
It'd be cool to see if this thread can go on forever.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:15 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Anyone have the Homer Simpson boring me gif?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:06 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
You asked for the game he went off and I provided it. Either you didn't want to give the guy credit or you didn't see the game. You're simply playing the box score game by way of google

I was purposely not giving him credit for having 1 good game. That's why I combined his field goal percentage in the first 2 games to come up with 39%. He shot 50% in that 1 game. Having a great game doesn't mean much. Great players are supposed to win series and win championships.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I was purposely not giving him credit for having 1 good game. That's why I combined his field goal percentage in the first 2 games to come up with 39%. He shot 50% in that 1 game. Having a great game doesn't mean much. Great players are supposed to win series and win championships.
I have to give this one to Nas. He repeatedly pointed out Melo's poor play-off stats and LTG conveniently ignored them...instead going with the subjective (& weak) "he was the only good player on his team" route.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:23 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I have to give this one to Nas. He repeatedly pointed out Melo's poor play-off stats and LTG conveniently ignored them...instead going with the subjective (& weak) "he was the only good player on his team" route.
I admit his playoff record stinks. I effectively pointed out how his supporting cast was not that strong. I gave the starting lineup of the Knicks and yet people expected him to win how? Tyson Chandler his center was destroyed by Roy Hibbert last yr. But it's Melo fault that the team didn't win. Jr Smith stunk during last yrs playoffs Melo fault Stoudamire rarely played Melo's fault also. The Great Jason Kidd couldn't buy a bucket during last last yrs playoffs Melo's fault also. This was all during last yrs playoffs. I have made a lot of points that conveniently been ignored. There has also been a double standard. When the team wins it's because of players like Andre Miller and Shumpert when they lose its Melo's fault. He has been wrong about a lot of points. For one Joakim Noah has had a better career than Chandler. He is currently a top five center. Chandler was never a top five center.
Chandler was considered a bust around the time he left the Bulls. Noah was never considered a bust. I provided a list of championship teams and the players necessary for winning a championship. It was also ignored. I listed the win total of Denver prior to arrival of Melo 17 and the increase to 43 upon his arrival attributed to Andre Miller. He also stated that Denver was a top four seed many times that also was not factual. Denver rarely had a top four record in the west. I also asked the question of why you would want such the perpetual loser on your team. That was not answered also. Many of the points that I have addressed have been ignored. It always resorts back to playoff success. I would argue that many of those would not have reached the playoffs without Carmelo Anthony. I know that won't be addressed either. Why would Bulls fans want such a chronic loser to be on their team? He hasn't won can't get around that I just don't think it's because if him. I also don't believe that the people that have let him have it believe that either

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:33 pm 

It is Melo's fault for forcing his way to the Knick's when it was common knowledge their owner is an idiot and the other "star" player was on borrowed time and had uninsurable knees.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:39 pm 
100000 CLUB

A borderline superstar should be able to win a playoff series. A borderline superstar shouldn't have terrible career numbers in the playoffs. No one is asking him to be LeBron and lead a mediocre team to the NBA Finals.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:46 pm 

Not done yet. Noted how Lebron Linked up with Wade and Bosh in order to win. Could win with Booby Gibson and MO Williams one time all star. Couldn't win with Jamison Varajao Delorme West mother could though low blow I know. Carmelo expected to win with lesser cast Felton Pablo Shumpert Chandler. That was also ignored. Denver never won more than 54 games while Carmelo was there yet they were a favorite to win in the west. I asked if there was any point during Carmelo Anthony's career that his team was and should have been considered a favorite. Also ignored. It can't be a playoff disappointment if no one ever expected you to win anyway. None of his teams coming into the season were predicted to do anything. I listed four teams in the west Phoenix Spurs Lakers Dallas that possessed more talent than Denver. There were others also that was ignored also. Maybe he could have willed some the teams to the second round but that was as far as they were going to go. Kobe Bryant has only won championships when he has had the best team. This is not rocket science. The best teams barring injury usually win out in a seven game series. At no point in his career has he ever been on a team thought to be the best team.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Marshmelo Playoff Facts:

In 10 trips to the playoffs his teams have lasted 5 or few games 7 times

His teams were a top 4 seed 5 times

In 66 total playoff games he's shot LESS THAN 42% from the field and 33% from 3.

He shoots the ball over 21 times but averages less than 3 assists.

His teams have been swept 3 times

His teams won only 1 game 4 times

His teams won only 2 games once

His teams advanced 2 times (Even in baseball that's bad)

He shot over 47% once

He shot under 40% 4 times

He shot under 37% 3 times

Under 34% twice

He has shot under 10% from the field in multiple games despite shooting the ball 15+ times

He's won 23 games and lost 43

Trump '24

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
long time guy wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I admit his playoff record stinks. I effectively pointed out how his supporting cast was not that strong. I gave the starting lineup of the Knicks and yet people expected him to win how? Tyson Chandler his center was destroyed by Roy Hibbert last yr. But it's Melo fault that the team didn't win. Jr Smith stunk during last yrs playoffs Melo fault Stoudamire rarely played Melo's fault also. The Great Jason Kidd couldn't buy a bucket during last last yrs playoffs Melo's fault also. This was all during last yrs playoffs. I have made a lot of points that conveniently been ignored. There has also been a double standard. When the team wins it's because of players like Andre Miller and Shumpert when they lose its Melo's fault. He has been wrong about a lot of points. For one Joakim Noah has had a better career than Chandler. He is currently a top five center. Chandler was never a top five center.
Chandler was considered a bust around the time he left the Bulls. Noah was never considered a bust. I provided a list of championship teams and the players necessary for winning a championship. It was also ignored. I listed the win total of Denver prior to arrival of Melo 17 and the increase to 43 upon his arrival attributed to Andre Miller. He also stated that Denver was a top four seed many times that also was not factual. Denver rarely had a top four record in the west. I also asked the question of why you would want such the perpetual loser on your team. That was not answered also. Many of the points that I have addressed have been ignored. It always resorts back to playoff success. I would argue that many of those would not have reached the playoffs without Carmelo Anthony. I know that won't be addressed either. Why would Bulls fans want such a chronic loser to be on their team? He hasn't won can't get around that I just don't think it's because if him. I also don't believe that the people that have let him have it believe that either
If you want to say Melo is one of the top offensive players in the league I don't think you'd get an argument. That is also the answer to why (most) Bulls fans coveted him. Lack of a go-to scorer was their consistent weakness. The distinction between the truly elite players and the other's mentioned but dismissed as being a notch below is play-off success and/or the ability to elevate the level of play of their teammates. Clearly Melo has (to this point) not met either criteria.

Last edited by Zippy-The-Pinhead on Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:56 pm 
100000 CLUB

Again winning a championship is different from winning a series. Carmelo has been destroyed in the First Round in 8 of his 10 trips to the playoffs.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:59 pm 

Nas wrote:
A borderline superstar should be able to win a playoff series. A borderline superstar shouldn't have terrible career numbers in the playoffs. No one is asking him to be LeBron and lead a mediocre team to the NBA Finals.

I will give you this one point. If he'd played better some of those Denver teams could have advanced to the second round. They would not have gone past that. He could have put them on his back. Lebron James though a better player had an easier road in the east. He always has had an easier road playing in the east. But he did have that performance against Detroit that can't be discounted. He also has had numerous instances where he didn't show up either. I'm a Melo fan but he didn't shoot well during a lot of the those series of his career. He did step up against a superior Lakers team particularly the 1st two games. They put a scare in the Lakers then the Lakers took them in six. I always gave him credit because those teams would not have made the playoffs without him. The West was tough during those yrs.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

I will give you this one point. If he'd played better some of those Denver teams could have advanced to the second round. They would not have gone past that. He could have put them on his back. Lebron James though a better player had an easier road in the east. He always has had an easier road playing in the east. But he did have that performance against Detroit that can't be discounted. He also has had numerous instances where he didn't show up either. I'm a Melo fan but he didn't shoot well during a lot of the those series of his career. He did step up against a superior Lakers team particularly the 1st two games. They put a scare in the Lakers then the Lakers took them in six. I always gave him credit because those teams would not have made the playoffs without him. The West was tough during those yrs.

For years I would argue Marshmelo was a better player than LeBron. I believed that he had everything it took to be one of the all time greats. At this point he's going into his 12th season and the results are what they are. He's a great volume scorer that has come up small in the playoffs. Considering how clutch he has been at the end of games that is surprising to me.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:56 pm 

I used to fight that same fight because of Melo's one on one ability. He also used to play better during many of those Olympic games when they were on the Same time. I always wanted some to see them lock up in a playoff series where the teams were comparable and the had check one another. Lebron James can do more things and thus he impacts games more often but as a scorer he is not nearly in Melo's class. He is better overall though but I have always liked the guys that can get their own look. I also thought Lebron was handed things before he was truly great. The NBA has this thing about finding the next great thing and Lebron was anointed before he ever accomplished anything.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:47 am 

long time guy wrote:
The NBA has this thing about finding the next great thing and Lebron was anointed before he ever accomplished anything.
Are you kidding me? Lebron in his third year accomplished a task better than anything Carmelo has done and may ever do. There is no way you can defend your Carmelo thoughts now.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:07 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Marshmelo Anthony is a paper tiger.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:11 am 

I'm referring to the period when he came out of high school. I don't believe Lebron James should've won the Rookie of the year in my opinion. He was marketed heavily before he'd done anything. The decision was all about marketing and at that point he hadn't won anything. You talk about winning and the third yr I'm referring to the first yr. The guy took his team to the playoffs his first yr in the Lebron James didnt. He was also in a tougher conf. Should have Roy I believe their stats were similar but the difference in team wine should have gotten Melo the award. My opinion it had to do with marketing. You are bashing a guy for taking a deal that everyone would have taken. It's interesting I read an article either from ESPN or nba.com talking about there are a lot guys that have probably never turned down a raise in their life knocking a guy for refusing to turn down a raise. This is sour grapes because he didn't want to take a severe pay cut in the quest for the all elusive paycut. As I illustrate d earlier the Bulls hopes of winning a championship boil down to the health and game of Derrick Rose. Even if Rose were never injured I would not have signed. The fact that he has not played in three yrs and is injury prone please. You're also criticizing a guy for saying that winning is the most important thing every athlete says that. You would probably bash the guy if he did when a championship.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:13 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Also cool to see that Carmelo Anthony is now posting on CSFMB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:25 am 

If I had his bread I would not be posting on here. Why are the only people that have criticized the guys decision people that subscribe to this site? And what does it suggests about their ability to reason? Including mine. I have spent about two days debating something that really shouldn't be debated. It's like the old adage mine anyway "he who engages fools is he himself a fool".

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:33 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
:lol: :lol: This is one of those I cant believe this thread is still going moments. Aren't you guys punched out by now?

Definitely.

Hopefully when Melo retires he finds this thread and weighs in

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:03 pm 
100000 CLUB

Not only did he take less money but he has an opt out after 4 years.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:43 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
What is Goff's fascination with getting Carmelo as many shots as he can? Hasn't this proven to be a very poor way to actually have a relevant team in the NBA? I understand that Carmelo is a very skilled offensive player but the Knicks have been bad, and the Nuggets didn't exactly light the world on fire getting him the ball and letting him be "Carmelo Mother effing Anthony". In fact, the best the Knicks have looked has been when Carmelo hasn't been the only offense. Now, this seems to be a backlash about Jeremy Lin but any NBA expert who watched as much Knicks basketball as Goff would know that it wasn't just Lin who stepped up but other players. Lin had a few big shots but the actual team worked better.

So, Jason Goff, do you think a team that just has Carmelo shooting as much as possible can win an NBA title? If so, why have his teams been so far from the elite teams? I'm a Carmelo fan too but it's becoming pretty apparent that "Get the ball to Carmelo and win" isn't really working.

Note: Thread idea stolen from shirtless driver.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/12008328/new-york-knicks-carmelo-anthony-heart-team-discord-sources-say
Quote:
Several Knicks, in addition to Hardaway, are at odds with Anthony and believe he's not playing team basketball. Sources said players voiced their displeasure with Anthony this past weekend, telling him he shoots too much, doesn't move or pass the ball, and only plays defense when he feels like it.

Looks like the Knicks players don't think you should just "Get Carmelo the ball and get out of the way".

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Phil's
Fuckstick and Bag O bones will claim "THEY KNEW!" this would happen....while the whole time...the WHOLE TIME...they were all over Rose on why he didn't do "his part" to try to get him to come here. The backpedaling continues!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 914 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 31  Next