It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 1:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Beardown, you're driving yourself crazy over nothing. :lol: Bernstein is a smart guy. He knows there's likely no where to go and why would he go anyway? He's got a great gig working 5-6 hours that pays 6 figures talking sports. His formula is getting old but still works. If taking a haircut in pay and toning down the asshole radio bit is what management demands for his next contract he'll take to it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:55 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
If he were in negotiations, he wouldn't be on the air. Dynamite work, Broadview Steve.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:56 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
RFDC wrote:
So are we just at the point of going about business as if Seacrest is Rozer?

Rozner crossed me one time.

It's a mistake he never repeated.

Word.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:57 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Word.

Kewl. Sounds like your trip to see the Sugar Bowl is going to be fun. Enjoy the golf

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:59 pm 
Site Admin

RFDC wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Word.

Kewl. Sounds like your trip to see the Sugar Bowl is going to be fun. Enjoy the golf

Just got back from the nation's capital.

I'll be home for New Years since I wasn't for Christmas.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:00 am 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
If he were in negotiations, he wouldn't be on the air. Dynamite work, Broadview Steve.

That's not true. Why can't you negotiate while still on the air? When his current deal expires that he'd be off the air if both parties still wanted to continue talks. Mac just got a new deal while he was still doing shows.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:02 am 
Site Admin

Curious Hair wrote:

In fairness to the board's most unrepentant racist CH, he would still be on the air.

It probably has more to do with this time of year being unrated

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:05 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Curious Hair wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:07 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Berns has shit the bed on his own career. If he was smart, he would have set himself up as a major player in the launch of the CBS sports radio network. As I have mentioned in the past, Berns was a rising star 5 years ago. That star is now flickering and most radio execs want nothing to do with a clown like Berns who craps on his audience and has turned into a miserable prick.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:09 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Bernstein thinks he's this guy:

I picture him more like this:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:18 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Beardown wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

That's not true. Why can't you negotiate while still on the air? When his current deal expires that he'd be off the air if both parties still wanted to continue talks. Mac just got a new deal while he was still doing shows.

I was under the impression that the big radio corporations all took talent off the air for contract negotiations so they couldn't break bad.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:25 am 
1000 CLUB

Bernstein keeps his contract talks to himself. Unlike Mac who enjoys letting his audience know he's in contract talks. You never know when he's up. I don't even think he talks about being resigned.

Somebody said Bernstein has been nicer in recent months. I disagree. He's meaner than ever. Maybe that's cuz he knows his time might be coming to an end so he's taking it out on everybody. Like I said, same with drinky. The last few months he's been an angry, mean, son of a bitch as well. Drinky enjoys the safety of Bernstein's nest. Yeah, he wants more, but it's still a living and easy work producing the B&B show. He's allowed to be an ass hat under Bernstein's protection and really doesn't have to do much of anything. Drinky would be nervous if he doesn't have Bernstein's protection. As much as drinky hates Bernstein, he needs him to survive in the radio world.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:28 am 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I was under the impression that the big radio corporations all took talent off the air for contract negotiations so they couldn't break bad.

Maybe if it were coming down to the last couple of weeks. Certainly if it were coming down to the last couple of days. Cuz then the host might start breaking bad if he didn't think it was gonna get done. I'm guessing it's not to that point with Bernstein. But Mac got it done without being off the air.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:15 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Beardown wrote:
1. I know B&B were on vacation, but Mac and Spiegs could have done their midday show that day.

2. Spieg's makes an ass of himself when he fights Bernstein. But he will engage.

3. Yeah. We all fear that.

4. Yes. Pissy. To what has he adapted? He answers phones. Phones haven't changed much since drinky started producing. Boers laughs at all of the stupid stuff drinky says. Bernstein kind of rolls his eyes at him and laughs at him to himself. Mac and Spiegs don't put up with Drinky's stupidity. They don't think he's as cute or funny as drinky thinks of himself. I've heard them call him out when he tries to get cute or make some dumb comments to them during his bad updates. Drinky would not like a change of producing another show. 1. He thinks he's too old for this producing shit, you're normally not doing it into you're 40s. 2. Mac would yell at him for not doing things right. Drinky would not take well to that. B&B don't ask anything of drinky nor do they criticize him. He just answers the phones, jumps on the air a few times to cry and bitch and goes home. Mac would demand more things from him. They wouldn't take his crying and bitching either.

5. That makes a little sense. I still think you miss sporting events and recitals for 100 grand or so. I'm just guessing that would be the pay cut from going from afternoons to mid-days. Plus Bernstein gets off at 6pm. It's pretty much an hour difference as to when most people get off.

1. Yeah, but why not take the afternoon if you can get it? Plus it made sense for Rosey and Grote to get time for M&H that day as well. Just like this morning. Why no conspiracy theory about M&H moving?

2. I think Spiegs shows how much of an ass Bernstein can be when the counterpoint is delivered.

3. It's gonna happen...

4. What is with the drinky agenda? Do you really have no respect for him whatsoever?

5. Most people? Most people I know do not work 9-5. I think you are devaluing being a parent. Especially since his wife has her own business.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:54 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
this thread is :lol:

Nice to hear Steve name his source. He reminds me of myself.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:18 am 
1000 CLUB

doug - evergreen park wrote:
Beardown wrote:
1. I know B&B were on vacation, but Mac and Spiegs could have done their midday show that day.

2. Spieg's makes an ass of himself when he fights Bernstein. But he will engage.

3. Yeah. We all fear that.

4. Yes. Pissy. To what has he adapted? He answers phones. Phones haven't changed much since drinky started producing. Boers laughs at all of the stupid stuff drinky says. Bernstein kind of rolls his eyes at him and laughs at him to himself. Mac and Spiegs don't put up with Drinky's stupidity. They don't think he's as cute or funny as drinky thinks of himself. I've heard them call him out when he tries to get cute or make some dumb comments to them during his bad updates. Drinky would not like a change of producing another show. 1. He thinks he's too old for this producing shit, you're normally not doing it into you're 40s. 2. Mac would yell at him for not doing things right. Drinky would not take well to that. B&B don't ask anything of drinky nor do they criticize him. He just answers the phones, jumps on the air a few times to cry and bitch and goes home. Mac would demand more things from him. They wouldn't take his crying and bitching either.

5. That makes a little sense. I still think you miss sporting events and recitals for 100 grand or so. I'm just guessing that would be the pay cut from going from afternoons to mid-days. Plus Bernstein gets off at 6pm. It's pretty much an hour difference as to when most people get off.

1. Yeah, but why not take the afternoon if you can get it? Plus it made sense for Rosey and Grote to get time for M&H that day as well. Just like this morning. Why no conspiracy theory about M&H moving?

2. I think Spiegs shows how much of an ass Bernstein can be when the counterpoint is delivered.

3. It's gonna happen...

4. What is with the drinky agenda? Do you really have no respect for him whatsoever?

5. Most people? Most people I know do not work 9-5. I think you are devaluing being a parent. Especially since his wife has her own business.

1. Mac and Spiegel didn't take the afternoon off. They worked it. No conspiracy for Rosey and Grote cuz they don't have a regular show to work. Plus CSFMB didn't get a racist reporting anything on them.

2. Not from what I've heard. Spiegs just fights him just to fight him. Perhaps some jelousy with him. Or Speigel just hates him a little more than most others at the station without fearing him like so many others do. I don't know.

3. Maybe Boers will never die.

4. No agenda. I think drinky is worse than a B&B caller. Nobody says drinky has an agenda when he attacks them.

5. Ok So maybe a lot of people get off at 4. During the summer, Bernstein has all morning with his kids with a 1 pm start time. Her business can suffer if a midday move would cost Bernstein 100k or so. I don't think she makes high six figures. I think you devalue Bernstein's desire to make as much as he can. Afternoon drive is more money.

Last edited by Beardown on Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Keeping Score wrote:
Bernstein isn't going anywhere. The commotion he causes amongst you people is second to none.

Truer words were never been spoken...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:31 am 
1000 CLUB

Krazy Ivan wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:
Bernstein isn't going anywhere. The commotion he causes amongst you people is second to none.

Truer words were never been spoken...

Keeping Score would have said the same thing about North months before he eventually got axed.

Keeping Score: That's true.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:37 am 

The difference is, people are still listening to Bernstein. And I'm sure he's not demanding millions.

Sorry. Dan Bernstein is the Score. Like it or not...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:39 am 

The reason Bernstein causes commotion is because sport fans have little to no options for decent sportstalk that time of day. The other station sucks and B&B refuse to discuss sports seriously unless it involves child molestation or telling the listening audience how dumb they are.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:41 am 

People could easily listen to something else during that timeslot. Podcasts are everywhere and as far as I know music is still around. People choose to listen to Bernstein because they want to hear what he's talking about. People seem to enjoy being made to feel angry...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:45 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
jimmypasta wrote:
The reason Bernstein causes commotion is because sport fans have little to no options for decent sportstalk that time of day. The other station sucks and B&B refuse to discuss sports seriously unless it involves child molestation or telling the listening audience how dumb they are.

Bingo. I have said this time and time again..

ESPN doesn't bother to put on a quality show during the afternoon drive time. When they had Mac they were killing it and dominating that timeslut. Mac gets kicked off his MJH show and then suddenly ESPN is in 2nd place.

This is something the ALS doesn't consider.

The truth can be a scary thing.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:47 am 
1000 CLUB

Krazy Ivan wrote:
People could easily listen to something else during that timeslot. Podcasts are everywhere and as far as I know music is still around. People choose to listen to Bernstein because they want to hear what he's talking about. People seem to enjoy being made to feel angry...

Unfortunately, no podcasts of the Boers/Bernstein show now since 12/21. Nothing this week.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:48 am 

SomeGuy wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

ESPN doesn't bother to put on a quality show during the afternoon drive time. When they had Mac they were killing it and dominating that timeslut. Mac gets kicked off his MJH show and then suddenly ESPN is in 2nd place.

There are local sports shows all day up until 1:00 that you can get your sports fix from.

People love to hate Bernstein and use the "there's nothing else on" thing as an excuse. The sooner people just admit that they can't get enough of the show, the better off we'll all be... :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
BD wrote:
Krazy Ivan wrote:

Unfortunately, no podcasts of the Boers/Bernstein show now since 12/21. Nothing this week.

Yeah. Plus...podcasts are not going to be listened to on the drive home. Someone wants to listen to sports talk in the car on the drive home they are going to listen to what's on. CJH sucks so you go to the other least bad option.

It is that simple.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:50 am 

IF AM1000 had Fred Huebner & Jonny Hood on at that time,I would listen to them.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:51 am 
1000 CLUB

Krazy Ivan wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

There are local sports shows all day up until 1:00 that you can get your sports fix from.

People love to hate Bernstein and use the "there's nothing else on" thing as an excuse. The sooner people just admit that they can't get enough of the show, the better off we'll all be... :D

I think people do enjoy the show, particularly Bernstein, but also are at a crossroads for how predictable and angry the show is. Personally, I think he has gotten bored with talking about the sport topics of the day and that's why he'd rather issues that have a basis in sports like CTE/Child molestation at Penn St. to spend countless hours on.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:54 am 
1000 CLUB

You know what I think Zim has realized after North? That the Score itself is the star. It's not one person even if it seems that way at times. North was replaced by Mully and Hanley. Nobody thinks they're good but they do big box office. They're certainly not skilled broadcasters. Hanley has a tough time speaking and Mully yells like an idiot.

Even though B&B win their time slot and do well with the male demo, they certainly don't do killer numbers. Zim has realized that anybody can be replaced. Especially if you can get that replacement at a cheaper price. Zim loves doing things on the cheap according to what Big Fan has told us - a ruthless negotiator. Plus Bernstein has too much influence at Zim's radio station. Sometimes a boss wants to eliminate that. North was getting too big for his britches and Zim wacked him mafia style!!!! Even at the other station, Mac was doing well, he had brought that station back from the dead and they wacked him cracker style!!!!

It could happen. Everything eventually ends.

'Cause nothin' lasts forever
And we both know hearts can change
And it's hard to hold a candle
In the cold November rain

We've been through this such a long long time
Just tryin' to kill the pain

But lovers always come and lovers always go
An no one's really sure who's lettin' go today
Walking away

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinders
Splitting hairs, but B&B point out the callers are dumb not the "listeners", per se...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:59 am 

Beardown wrote:
You know what I think Zim has realized after North? That the Score itself is the star. It's not one person even if it seems that way at times. North was replaced by Mully and Hanley. Nobody thinks they're good but they do big box office. They're certainly not skilled broadcasters. Hanley has a tough time speaking and Mully yells like an idiot.

Even though B&B win their time slot and do well with the male demo, they certainly don't do killer numbers. Zim has realized that anybody can be replaced. Especially if you can get that replacement at a cheaper price. Zim loves doing things on the cheap according to what Big Fan has told us - a ruthless negotiator. Plus Bernstein has too much influence at Zim's radio station. Sometimes a boss wants to eliminate that. North was getting too big for his britches and Zim wacked him mafia style!!!! Even at the other station, Mac was doing well, he had brought that station back from the dead and they wacked him cracker style!!!!

It could happen. Everything eventually ends.

'Cause nothin' lasts forever
And we both know hearts can change
And it's hard to hold a candle
In the cold November rain

We've been through this such a long long time
Just tryin' to kill the pain

But lovers always come and lovers always go
An no one's really sure who's lettin' go today
Walking away

What Mafia offers to pay you 600,000 a year?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next