It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen Home Run Inn Pizza
That last guy hates Derrick Rose and wishes injury upon him, wow... people sure are classy these days.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen Home Run Inn Pizza
A grown ass man just called in and said that...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

Phil McCracken wrote:
Dallas Winston wrote:
Is this show better when you're hammered?

:lol: At least I can count on this board for shits and giggles.

Let's do it for Johnny!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:28 pm 

Should we go with Dwight Rose or Derrick Howard?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:29 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I texted in asking when Bernsie will ask the tough questions. Rose was supposed to be a stud man opening mail and drinking coffee. I will not expect a reply.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
The last caller wondered what role the agent might be playing in this soap opera. I thought Bulls' owner Jerry Reinsdorf himself needed to sign off on Derrick returning to action, whenever that time comes. Reinsdorf wants Rose "fully healthy" if I remember what he said up the dial last summer.

Last edited by SHARK on Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:31 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
SHARK wrote:
The last caller wondered what role the agent might be playing in this holdup. I thought Bulls' owner Jerry Reinsdorf himself needed to sign off on Derrick returning to action, whenever that time comes.

I always hated that BJ Armstrong took minutes away from John Paxson. Now he is getting his revenge!!!!!

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:34 pm 

Phil McCracken wrote:
SHARK wrote:
The last caller wondered what role the agent might be playing in this holdup. I thought Bulls' owner Jerry Reinsdorf himself needed to sign off on Derrick returning to action, whenever that time comes.

I always hated that BJ Armstrong took minutes away from John Paxson. Now he is getting his revenge!!!!!

I thought I heard the name Arn Tellem, who represented quite a few of Reinsdorf's White Sox back in the day, including Albert Belle.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
pittmike wrote:
I texted in asking when Bernsie will ask the tough questions. Rose was supposed to be a stud man opening mail and drinking coffee. I will not expect a reply.

What does that even mean?

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:40 pm 

I wonder what kind of role adidas is playing in this whole Derrick Rose soap opera, let alone if Derrick is getting bad advice from all over the place.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:42 pm 

SHARK wrote:
I wonder what kind of role adidas is playing in this whole Derrick Rose soap opera, let alone if Derrick is getting bad advice from all over the place.

I blame Giordano's.....D-Vour

Chus wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Douchebag wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Damn, I love Fatty's in Dekalb. :shock:

I used to live right across the street from there with the biggest Caller Bob of a landlord you could ever meet.

So you worked for your rent then ....

Hell no.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtj-D8HT9BY

Adidas needs to change this commercial. At the end, instead of him walking onto the court and hugging his brother, they need to have Pax pushing him onto the court with him trying to fight his way back in the tunnel saying "I don't wanna."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:45 pm 

Phil McCracken wrote:
SHARK wrote:

I'm not sure how much Derrick's getting paid by Giordano's, but adidas is paying I think more than double what the Bulls are paying him long term. There's a perception that adidas is calling the shots, not the Bulls.

Last edited by SHARK on Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:46 pm 

SHARK wrote:
Phil McCracken wrote:
SHARK wrote:

I'm not sure how much Derrick's getting paid by Giordano's, but adidas is paying, I think more than double what the Bulls are paying him long term. There's a perception that they're calling the shots, not the Bulls.

I agree SHARK. This is all Obama's fault.

Chus wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:49 pm 

Garry Meier...Here I come?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
If the Bulls' objective was to anger Rose and his "camp," mission accomplished!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:53 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
What is this sudden hatred of Lisle?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

A string of idiot callers earlier.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:54 pm 

Bernsy said Reinsdorf wants Rose to play now that the Bulls have cleared him to play, according to this ESPNChicago.com story. I don't think the big boss has necessarily signed off, Bernsy.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:55 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
To answer Boers question, "medically cleared to play", I imagine, would mean that playing wouldn't cause any additional injury to the knee - which isn't the same as being able to perform at an NBA level at that exact moment.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:56 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's

Bernsy doesn't like the balloon festival.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:58 pm 

To answer Boers question, "medically cleared to play", I imagine, would mean that playing wouldn't cause any additional injury to the knee - which isn't the same as being able to perform at an NBA level at that exact moment.

Doc, that's what I thought I read, too, but Bulls' Owner/Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf hasn't necessarily cleared Derrick Rose to return. If the man who signs the checks hasn't necessarily cleared his best player to return from this torn ACL, it's a moot point.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Yesterday's thread was more funner.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:07 pm 

I think there are legit arguments on both sides regarding whether Derrick Rose should or shouldn't play this season after missing the last 10 months from a torn ACL. I think what's holding things up right now is what a couple of other guys around the NBA with similar injuries have endured and Derrick doesn't want that to happen to him.

CSNC's Mark Schanowski, a regular on the "Mac & Spiegs Show", tweeted something yesterday that the Knicks' Iman Shumpert, who has returned from the same injury, told New York reporters that he's not fully recovered from his own torn ACL. Shumpert tore his ACL the same April afternoon as Rose on Day 1 of the NBA Playoffs. Also, the Timberwolves' Ricky Rubio experienced additional injuries after he came back from his own torn ACL. Both Shumpert & Rubio haven't necessarily been the same since coming back from their own torn ACLs.

That being said, do I expect Rose to be the same when he's officially good to go? Absolutely not. Might he have to become more of a true point guard in being more of an assist guy than a scorer? Maybe.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:13 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
You know, it's paining my arse that Dan and his wacky sidekick (sigh) are suddenly all 100% synergy with Bulls management that DERRICK ROSE NEEDS TO BE OUT THERE. Aren't these the same guys that ~2 weeks ago were scoffing at callers who were saying that Derrick is coming back and therefore they're instant contenders for a championship? If I recall correctly (and I do) I believe a crux of their arguments to the bulls not being contenders was that Derrick might not even come back this year, AND THEY'D BOTH BE OK WITH THAT. I tend to remember Terry being more emphatic with those claims, however since he's settled into being Dan's personal echo chamber (again, sigh) I'm pretty sure he was just a smoke trail behind the Goodship BurnSTINE on this one.

Yeah, now that I think about it they were definitely harping on the issue right after that USA Today story came out (that is, right after they were admonishing Derrick/'s-PR-team for not giving the "story" to the local beatwriters who "bust their ass" reporting stories EVERY. DAMN. DAY. (occasionally except for KC Johnson, whose prerogative might or might not include sitting on a story for the "good of the team")) - AHEM - the undercurrent of the story was that DERRICK MIGHT NOT COME BACK THIS YEAR.... AND WE'RE VERY QUITE OK WITH THAT. Now? Management has spoken, and they want Derrick to get out there... and nowadays, when upper/management speaks, the FOTS is in lockstep hammering home their talking points; or in another word, synergy.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:16 pm 

A show like this puts me ever closer to completely turning off sports radio.

It's bad enough that Bernstein's stance is 180 degrees from where he (and Terry's) stance has been since the injury happened. IIRC it was: "We don't care if he comes back at all next year. This is routinely a 12-18 month period before he is fully healthy. Next season doesn't mean a thing in the greater scheme of things."

And earlier, Mr. "My own athletic exploits (dunking a tennis ball/turning around 90-95 mph cage fastballs) are the stuff of legend " noted that HIS ACL injury & surgery were more severe than DRoses, since well, "I(he) had a bit more cartilage damage".

Napoleon, meet your long lost asshole wannabe. 2/3rds of the time I can barely stand him. Now I'd love this narcissistic clown to just go the hell away.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:18 pm 

They deserve the radio hell that they impose upon theirselves, callers can't agree with them or disagree with them. As amusing as it has been that with each call they choose to argue, whatever the call, it has grown old and stale. I'm awaiting a caller to just read from Dan's Feb. 13 column and hear Dan argue down the caller.

I'm sure they will go 3 hours of belaboring a point that contradicts their earlier point.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:18 pm 

Who has cleared him by the way? Is it the Bulls' doctors or his own doctor?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:19 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
SHARK wrote:
I think there are legit arguments on both sides regarding whether Derrick Rose should or shouldn't play this season after missing the last 10 months from a torn ACL. I think what's holding things up right now is what a couple of other guys around the NBA with similar injuries have endured and Derrick doesn't want that to happen to him.

CSNC's Mark Schanowski, a regular on the "Mac & Spiegs Show", tweeted something yesterday that the Knicks' Iman Shumpert, who has returned from the same injury, told New York reporters that he's not fully recovered from his own torn ACL. Shumpert tore his ACL the same April afternoon as Rose on Day 1 of the NBA Playoffs. Also, the Timberwolves' Ricky Rubio experienced additional injuries after he came back from his own torn ACL. Both Shumpert & Rubio haven't necessarily been the same since coming back from their own torn ACLs.

That being said, do I expect Rose to be the same when he's officially good to go? Absolutely not. Might he have to become more of a true point guard in being more of an assist guy than a scorer? Maybe.

Imam tried to dunk over my son SHARK.

He got the Dikembe treatment.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next