It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 914 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:12 pm 

Smarmystein wrote:
Fuckstick and Bag O bones will claim "THEY KNEW!" this would happen....while the whole time...the WHOLE TIME...they were all over Rose on why he didn't do "his part" to try to get him to come here. The backpedaling continues!!!

They wouldn't say that, because you are wrong.

http://fansided.com/2014/11/28/carmelo-anthony-says-derrick-rose-recruited/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
4-19 but boy all that money is nice huh Melo?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Phil's
Douchebag wrote:
Smarmystein wrote:
Fuckstick and Bag O bones will claim "THEY KNEW!" this would happen....while the whole time...the WHOLE TIME...they were all over Rose on why he didn't do "his part" to try to get him to come here. The backpedaling continues!!!

The "article" does not change what B & B said or what they most likely will do....so you're wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:20 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Douchebag wrote:
Smarmystein wrote:

That's even worse. A whole lot of people need to backpedal on that.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Smarmystein wrote:

That's even worse. A whole lot of people need to backpedal on that.

Like the key members of the Bulls front office? Weren't they the ones telling people Rose refused to recruit Melo?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
What is Goff's fascination with getting Carmelo as many shots as he can? Hasn't this proven to be a very poor way to actually have a relevant team in the NBA? I understand that Carmelo is a very skilled offensive player but the Knicks have been bad, and the Nuggets didn't exactly light the world on fire getting him the ball and letting him be "Carmelo Mother effing Anthony". In fact, the best the Knicks have looked has been when Carmelo hasn't been the only offense. Now, this seems to be a backlash about Jeremy Lin but any NBA expert who watched as much Knicks basketball as Goff would know that it wasn't just Lin who stepped up but other players. Lin had a few big shots but the actual team worked better.

So, Jason Goff, do you think a team that just has Carmelo shooting as much as possible can win an NBA title? If so, why have his teams been so far from the elite teams? I'm a Carmelo fan too but it's becoming pretty apparent that "Get the ball to Carmelo and win" isn't really working.

Note: Thread idea stolen from shirtless driver.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/12008328/new-york-knicks-carmelo-anthony-heart-team-discord-sources-say
Quote:
Several Knicks, in addition to Hardaway, are at odds with Anthony and believe he's not playing team basketball. Sources said players voiced their displeasure with Anthony this past weekend, telling him he shoots too much, doesn't move or pass the ball, and only plays defense when he feels like it.

Looks like the Knicks players don't think you should just "Get Carmelo the ball and get out of the way".

I wonder if Dan knows he indirectly RT'd a Chris 'hate monger' Broussard report.

*new LoHo section * mods learn how to merge topics * allow mods to be added to foes list * move fragility topics from DB/Shoutouts to Politics *

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Luol Deng > Carmelo Anthony

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:42 pm 

Reared on the Score wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
What is Goff's fascination with getting Carmelo as many shots as he can? Hasn't this proven to be a very poor way to actually have a relevant team in the NBA? I understand that Carmelo is a very skilled offensive player but the Knicks have been bad, and the Nuggets didn't exactly light the world on fire getting him the ball and letting him be "Carmelo Mother effing Anthony". In fact, the best the Knicks have looked has been when Carmelo hasn't been the only offense. Now, this seems to be a backlash about Jeremy Lin but any NBA expert who watched as much Knicks basketball as Goff would know that it wasn't just Lin who stepped up but other players. Lin had a few big shots but the actual team worked better.

So, Jason Goff, do you think a team that just has Carmelo shooting as much as possible can win an NBA title? If so, why have his teams been so far from the elite teams? I'm a Carmelo fan too but it's becoming pretty apparent that "Get the ball to Carmelo and win" isn't really working.

Note: Thread idea stolen from shirtless driver.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/12008328/new-york-knicks-carmelo-anthony-heart-team-discord-sources-say
Quote:
Several Knicks, in addition to Hardaway, are at odds with Anthony and believe he's not playing team basketball. Sources said players voiced their displeasure with Anthony this past weekend, telling him he shoots too much, doesn't move or pass the ball, and only plays defense when he feels like it.

Looks like the Knicks players don't think you should just "Get Carmelo the ball and get out of the way".

I wonder if Dan knows he indirectly RT'd a Chris 'hate monger' Broussard report.
I hope the guy is hurt and can't play so that the Knicks team can really take off. He is really the thing preventing that collection of All Stars from being contenders. It's so blatantly obvious. Tim Hardaway jr now being held back because of the ball stopping ways of Anthony. This is getting beyond ridiculous

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:45 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
They will win more games without him in the lineup. He's bad at basketball and clearly a cancer. I'm happy Hardaway had the courage to call him out.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

"I don’t care about you; I just want your vote.”
Trump '24

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
4-19 isn't a high bar to clear if he wasn't there.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:52 pm 
100000 CLUB

Just proves he can't win being the best player.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:55 pm 

Nas wrote:
They will win more games without him in the lineup. He's bad at basketball and clearly a cancer. I'm happy Hardaway had the courage to call him out.

I don't quite remember you saying this when you believed that he was coming to the Bulls. On the Melo issue you don't have much credibility. Your attempt at pivoting on it is admirable though.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:59 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

I don't quite remember you saying this when you believed that he was coming to the Bulls. On the Melo issue you don't have much credibility. Your attempt at pivoting on it is admirable though.

He clearly wasn't going to be the star. Maybe the 4th option.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:00 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

I think long time guy has Google Alerts set up monitoring "site:score670.com Nas Carmelo Anthony"

He doesn't actually browse the board. He waits until he is emailed notifications of these occurrences.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:48 pm 

He actually commented on something I stated first. I'm not that tech savvy. That should be painfully obvious.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:50 pm 

It may be time to put ol Melo out to pasture. I knew this was going to be his last big contract. His body is breaking down that's a bad sign. There is a lot of mileage on the guy.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:57 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
It may be time to put ol Melo out to pasture. I knew this was going to be his last big contract. His body is breaking down that's a bad sign. There is a lot of mileage on the guy.

He's 30 and has gone deep into the playoffs other than when AI or Billups led the Nuggets to the WCF. Kobe has a lot of miles. Marshmelo is making excuses so he can quit on the Knicks.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:00 pm 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:

He's 30 and has gone deep into the playoffs other than when AI or Billups led the Nuggets to the WCF. Kobe has a lot of miles. Marshmelo is making excuses so he can quit on the Knicks.
Al who Harrington? You're really reaching. It's interesting how you're not touting Lance Stephenson these days. What happened?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:03 pm 
100000 CLUB

Iverson or Billups

Trump '24

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:05 pm 

If he's trying to orchestrate a trade it's both lame as hell and ingenious. He has his money and now can be traded to a contender. If it works it's a genius move no one saw coming. It will kill him in the court of public opinion but he's been dead in that area since he orchestrated the trade from Denver.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:06 pm 

Nas wrote:
Iverson or Billups

If I remember right he never got out of the first round with Iverson your facts as usual are off.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:06 pm 
100000 CLUB

I guess you have stopped calling Marshmelo a HoFer. He's clearly not and he's a quitter. He has very low miles because all he's done is lose. No one would trade for him.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
Iverson or Billups

If I remember right he never got out of the first round with Iverson your facts as usual are off.

He hasn't gotten out of the first round often. That may have been the only time. You may notice I used the word or. You're really struggling. Kind of like Marshmelo.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:09 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

I think long time guy has Google Alerts set up monitoring "site:score670.com Nas Carmelo Anthony"

He doesn't actually browse the board. He waits until he is emailed notifications of these occurrences.
If I don't call him out on some of his rather mundane thoughts whose going to do it? You. If left to you the hit will be botched

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:09 pm 

long time guy wrote:
immessedup17 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

If I don't call him out on some of his rather mundane thoughts whose going to do it? You. If left to you the hit will be botched

who's**

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:10 pm 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
Iverson or Billups

He hasn't gotten out of the first round often. That may have been the only time. You may notice I used the word or. You're really struggling. Kind of like Marshmelo.
You stated AI got him to the WCF. He never got out of the first round with Iverson so where could Iverson have led him

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:12 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
immessedup17 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

You brought a knife to a gun fight.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:13 pm 

Nas wrote:

I bet Michael Brown wished he would have.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

immessedup17 wrote:
Nas wrote:

I bet Michael Brown wished he would have.

We wouldn't be able to compare his death to Emmett Till if he did.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:37 pm 

long time guy wrote:
If he's trying to orchestrate a trade it's both lame as hell and ingenious. He has his money and now can be traded to a contender. If it works it's a genius move no one saw coming. It will kill him in the court of public opinion but he's been dead in that area since he orchestrated the trade from Denver.

I predicted he would do that in one of these threads.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 914 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 31  Next