It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 11:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 914 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:30 pm 

Reared on the Score wrote:

Great Thread.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:32 pm 

Great Thread.

why don't you simply ignore then. Last I checked you don't exactly have the mind capacity of a young Butch Cassidy. Your musings aren't exactly the "change that we all have been waiting for" either.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis

Great Thread.

:lol: :lol:

Unblock Rick. He's good people.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:36 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

I think I'll find a way to live without his attention. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:43 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
long time guy wrote:

Great Thread.

why don't you simply ignore then. Last I checked you don't exactly have the mind capacity of a young Butch Cassidy. Your musings aren't exactly the "change that we all have been waiting for" either.

Quoting Jay-Z? I approve this post

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
FavreFan wrote:

Great Thread.

If we could have bigger avatars, or signatures, this would be worthy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:54 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
You were wrong. Get over it.

it should be pretty familiar to those scoring at home. You used the same argument to suggest that Brandon Marshall really isn't that good either.
That wasn't about championships either.

I will conclude it with this little nugget. You used team success with Marshall and Anthony as a measure of their value as players. You didn't use the same system when assessing Davis's worth as a player. Davis is being measured on his individual abilities whereas the other two guys were measured based largely on the success of their respective teams. That is it in a nutshell. You can argue that Davis needs more time but I'm arguing that if he is a top five player he should at least make the playoffs. I'm not suggesting championships. Just playoffs. He has enough talent to get it done if he is that good.

Chris Paul has just went on a ten game winning streak without Blake Griffin in the lineup and he isn't in anyone's top five or possibly top ten at this point. That's impact. Davis should be able to do things similar if he is truly that good.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:00 pm 

long time guy wrote:
I will conclude it with this little nugget. You used team success with Marshall and Anthony as a measure of their value as players. You didn't use the same system when assessing Davis's worth as a player. Davis is being measured on his individual abilities whereas the other two guys were measured based largely on the success of their respective teams. That is it in a nutshell. You can argue that Davis needs more time but I'm arguing that if he is a top five player he should at least make the playoffs. I'm not suggesting championships. Just playoffs. He has enough talent to get it done if he is that good.
I said I'm not judging a 22 year old. That was it. I didn't say anything else about Davis. If he equals Carmelo in terms of playoff success I'll say the exact same things about him.

Don't make me call the Scorehead rule on you a second time today.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:23 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
I said I'm not judging a 22 year old. That was it. I didn't say anything else about Davis. If he equals Carmelo in terms of playoff success I'll say the exact same things about him.

He will be 23 in less than two months and you want to know the last guy in which the "He is only 23 Yrs old" argument was used? Lance Stephenson. I rest my case

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:26 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:

He will be 23 in less than two months and you want to know the last guy in which the "He is only 23 Yrs old" argument was used? Lance Stephenson. I rest my case

You really are all over the place today. Some of us(pretty sure Rick is not included here) thought Lance would improve and become a great player. He never did. Anthony Davis has already submitted one of the 20 best statistical seasons of all time. They are not comparable in any sort of fashion. I respect that you watch a lot of games and I am trying to take your NBA posts seriously, but when you have really awful posts like this you make my job a lot more difficult. Help me help you.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I said I'm not judging a 22 year old. .

Really?
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I'm not even sure Kate Upton is the hottest SI model, and those models are a step down from the ones in Victoria's Secret.

Mr. Judgy McJudgerson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:35 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:38 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You really are all over the place today. Some of us(pretty sure Rick is not included here) thought Lance would improve and become a great player. He never did. Anthony Davis has already submitted one of the 20 best statistical seasons of all time. They are not comparable in any sort of fashion. I respect that you watch a lot of games and I am trying to take your NBA posts seriously, but when you have really awful posts like this you make my job a lot more difficult. Help me help you.

The it's too early argument was used in favor of him also. It really wasn't. Davis is a better player but being a good player and a winning player are two different things. Davis has been compared to guys like Duncan and it rarely gets refuted. He needs to impact games more if that is going to be the case.

Once again why is team 50 games under .500 if he is that good? The Melo bashing has been constant yet the guy has been over.500 since he entered the league. There is blatant hypocrisy during this entire argument.

It's a little presumptuous to suggest that his teams will get better simply because he ages. That seems to be the argument here and it's false.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:03 pm 

No excuses now.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:28 pm 

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:00 pm 

For LTG

Quote:
Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons
Carmelo signing a 5-year deal in 2014 and missing out on the summer of 2016 while also bragging about being a businessman is underrated.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:05 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
For LTG

Quote:
Carmelo signing a 5-year deal in 2014 and missing out on the summer of 2016 while also bragging about being a businessman is underrated.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

conns7901 wrote:
For LTG

Quote:

Should have taken the Bulls offer. He could have really cashed out. Marshmelo doesn't like money or winning.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:44 pm 

Nas wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
For LTG

Quote:

Should have taken the Bulls offer. He could have really cashed out. Marshmelo doesn't like money or winning.

He has fucked himself twice in his career on major cash ins.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:49 pm 
100000 CLUB

conns7901 wrote:
Nas wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
For LTG

Quote:

He has fucked himself twice in his career on major cash ins.

Yep! LeBron has been smart the entire time.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:37 am 

conns7901 wrote:
For LTG

Quote:

Anyone taking business advice from Bill Simmons is a fool and there is no guarantee that he was going to get a 5 yr 150 million dollar deal. He has been injured the past 2 yrs and the contracts given to older guys with a history of being injured hasn't been the same. Look at Jefferson, Howard, and Noah's deals. Shorter deals for less per yr.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:44 am 

Nas wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
For LTG

Quote:

He didn't want to come if it meant the Bulls had to give up Taj. You and he were in agreement on that as I remember. I guess neither he nor you have a good gauge for talent either.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:26 am 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
For LTG

Quote:

He didn't want to come if it meant the Bulls had to give up Taj. You and he were in agreement on that as I remember. I guess neither he nor you have a good gauge for talent either.

Not true at all. He didn't want to bet on himself. The talk was about the money that he was missing. Once again he didn't choose wisely.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:28 am 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
For LTG

Quote:

Not true at all. He didn't want to bet on himself. The talk was about the money that he was missing. Once again he didn't choose wisely.

You don't know that and Im not really interested in numbers crunching at this stage of the game. He would have had to take 50 million less in order to sign with the Bulls. He made the right choice. No one listens to Bill Simmons. He is an idiot.

New York also currently has a better team than the Bulls and will have one for the foreseeable future. The Bulls are a mess of a franchise.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:49 am 
100000 CLUB

The $50M less isn't true if he bet on himself. Reality is he could have joined a Bulls teams that was elite and got paid far more than the $125M he got in New York. LeBron was in the same situation and he took 1 year deals.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:03 am 

Where is your proof of this?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:13 am 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:

Proof of what? No team could give him the extra year and $30M that the Knicks could. That is why the Bulls pitched him on the idea of taking a 2 or 3 year deal and cashing in this offseason or next. That's what LeBron is doing. Marshmelo can still put the ball in the basket. He would have gotten far more than the $125M he is getting from the Knicks and possibly a championship.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:01 pm 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Proof of what? No team could give him the extra year and $30M that the Knicks could. That is why the Bulls pitched him on the idea of taking a 2 or 3 year deal and cashing in this offseason or next. That's what LeBron is doing. Marshmelo can still put the ball in the basket. He would have gotten far more than the $125M he is getting from the Knicks and possibly a championship.

He is supposed to trust the same Jerry Reinsdorf that dismantled the team once the two yrs were up. He also has an opt out after the 4th yr so he will still get paid. I know things would have gone entirely different if Anthony would have signed. It's also not surprising that you could not have produced any proof. More speculation.

Also for the thousandth time LeBron James and Anthony's situations are not similar. I really should not have to explain the myriad of reasons that their situations are different.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:

He is supposed to trust the same Jerry Reinsdorf that dismantled the team once the two yrs were up. He also has an opt out after the 4th yr so he will still get paid. I know things would have gone entirely different if Anthony would have signed. It's also not surprising that you could not have produced any proof. More speculation.

Also for the thousandth time LeBron James and Anthony's situations are not similar. I really should not have to explain the myriad of reasons that their situations are different.

Proof of what? Maybe you missed that the first time. Jerry isn't the only game in town. Plenty of teams would pay for an elite scorer. They are splurging on bums now. We both know that you are worth more money in your early 30s than you are in your mid 30s.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina

Great Thread.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 914 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next