It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 6:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:20 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
"THIS ISN'T AGREE OR DISAGREE!!!!!!" - DAN "FACE OF THE STATION" BERNSTEIN

BOERS & BERNSTEIN: HAVE YOU LISTENED TO THE SHOW? YEAH? THEN WHY DO YOU CALL WITH THIS IDIOCY?!?!

jesus christ, i'd call dan a huckster all about the flim flam if i wasn't certain that he was purposely "embracing debate" a la skip bayless in order to generate ratings.

yeah kids, put that one in your pipe and smoke it. dan bernstein and pals have sub/consciously decided to do what ESPN/First-Take does and "embrace debate" by spending the majority of their show purposely trolling the audience and baiting them into calling up to get yelled at for being idiots who aren't in complete lockstep with everything they say. The only real question is if this is an edict from management, who in trying to setup a new national sports/talk network have noticed the considerable ratings that ESPN/First-Take is pulling and decided that such a format is desirable for their various flagship stations' flagship programs..... or, perhaps, has our old ex-/radio-hero l'il danny burnSTINE completely turned to the darkside and decided to do the Skip Bayless schtick, only wrapped up in all of his pseudo/intellectualism in the hopes of taking a proven winning formula and applying it to the great unwashed meatball masses?

* twilight zone theme *

WHAT IS SAM ROSEN DOING ON THE WING OF MY PLANE?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

* goes down in flames *

1000 CLUB

:cheers:
Regular Reader wrote:
A show like this puts me ever closer to completely turning off sports radio.

It's bad enough that Bernstein's stance is 180 degrees from where he (and Terry's) stance has been since the injury happened. IIRC it was: "We don't care if he comes back at all next year. This is routinely a 12-18 month period before he is fully healthy. Next season doesn't mean a thing in the greater scheme of things."

And earlier, Mr. "My own athletic exploits (dunking a tennis ball/turning around 90-95 mph cage fastballs) are the stuff of legend " noted that HIS ACL injury & surgery were more severe than DRoses, since well, "I(he) had a bit more cartilage damage".

Napoleon, meet your long lost asshole wannabe. 2/3rds of the time I can barely stand him. Now I'd love this narcissistic clown to just go the hell away.

:cheers:

Let's do it for Johnny!

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Seacrest wrote:
Imam tried to dunk over my son SHARK.

He got the Dikembe treatment.

Did he wag his finger and say "Get that Shiite leadership shit outta here!"?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

That GEICO commercial starring Dikembe's pretty funny. :lol:

Last edited by SHARK on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:23 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Seacrest wrote:

No.

Kid was raised to let his actions speak louder than his words. Thank God for mom.

Jacob Pullen though...Posterized him.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:25 pm 

No Clever Moniker wrote:
They deserve the radio hell that they impose upon theirselves, callers can't agree with them or disagree with them. As amusing as it has been that with each call they choose to argue, whatever the call, it has grown old and stale. I'm awaiting a caller to just read from Dan's Feb. 13 column and hear Dan argue down the caller.

I'm sure they will go 3 hours of belaboring a point that contradicts their earlier point.

And lets not overlook Bernstein's remark that while it isn't right to wish an injury on Rose, "he could point the caller in the number of quite a few other athletes to (properly) wish an injury upon"

Stay classy in your ever shrinking pond Dan. :thumright:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

Who has cleared him by the way? Is it the Bulls' doctors or his own doctor?

In the first paragraph of this yahoo article, the writer says it is Rose's doctor that has cleared him. Don't know where he got this info, but he wrote it with emphasis.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/derrick-rose-cleared-play-reportedly-yet-rose-hesitating-193555488--nba.html

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:28 pm 

I thought it was an 8-12 month recovery period, according to Bulls' team doctor Brian Cole, who performed Derrick's ACL surgery in the first place.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong...Didn't ex-"B & B" producer Jason Goff, now evening host at The Game SportsRadio in Atlanta, hint at tension between Rose & the Bulls' medical staff before #1 tore his ACL in the first place?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:29 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Seacrest wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

No.

Kid was raised to let his actions speak louder than his words. Thank God for mom.

Jacob Pullen though...Posterized him.

:( Sad face. I really liked that one.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
We need a thread title change SHARK.

Cut/Dried: Public Narrative Game Lost, Bulls Call Out Rose

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:30 pm 

Beardown wrote:

In the first paragraph of this yahoo article, the writer says it is Rose's doctor that has cleared him. Don't know where he got this info, but he wrote it with emphasis.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/derrick-rose-cleared-play-reportedly-yet-rose-hesitating-193555488--nba.html

And to think, Dan's usual take is that it is illegal for an employer to reveal medical info about an employee, unless it's with that person's express (but pointless) consent. Here, he's "absolutely certain" who in the Bulls' hierarchy revealed the info, but strangely he's left his "Dan the Lawer" briefcase elsewhere. Wonder why? :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:31 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
A show like this puts me ever closer to completely turning off sports radio.

It's bad enough that Bernstein's stance is 180 degrees from where he (and Terry's) stance has been since the injury happened. IIRC it was: "We don't care if he comes back at all next year. This is routinely a 12-18 month period before he is fully healthy. Next season doesn't mean a thing in the greater scheme of things."

And earlier, Mr. "My own athletic exploits (dunking a tennis ball/turning around 90-95 mph cage fastballs) are the stuff of legend " noted that HIS ACL injury & surgery were more severe than DRoses, since well, "I(he) had a bit more cartilage damage".

Napoleon, meet your long lost asshole wannabe. 2/3rds of the time I can barely stand him. Now I'd love this narcissistic clown to just go the hell away.

hear hear! Double-R, WE SPEAK YOUR NAME!!! Posts like this compel me to say it was an honor and a privilege to have a few beers with you back @ the CSFMB winter party @ Cleo's back in Dec 2010.

That said, this post is pretty much in lockstep with mine in that, SERIOUSLY KIDS, these guys are doing exactly what the loathsome Skip Bayless does: EMBRACING DEBATE. Although, ironically, they just came back from commercial with Terry doing the ident and saying "There is no debate here." Same thing that Skip does.... grab an arbitrary position/stance, and then preface your reiteration of it by saying YOU CANNOT ARGUE/DEBATE/QUESTION THIS.... I mean holy fucking shitballs, it just hit me about 10 minutes ago.... these guys are trying to jump on the ESPN First Take bandwith and do edgy debate topics, except instead of doing what THE EVIL/FAKE SKIP BAYLESS OF ESPN DOES and picking an arbitrary position to purposely disagree with his co-host/s, they're doing it with their own damn audience backed up by their longtime mantra that Chicago sports fandom is filled with idiots that need to be educated, unless (of course) you agree with them in which case you're "one of the good ones" which traditionally hearkens the kind of topics that you'd be way more likely to hear in the middle of a spirited game of BINGO THAT.

"None of this is really up for debate" - Dan Bernstein. Jesus Horatio Christ impaled on John Travolta's mighty majestic cum-excalibur, this is bad. Now callers are getting chastised for asking questions that, GASP, have been asked before. So keep that in mind, kids: when you call up the show you had BETTER be up to date on every question that's been asked in the ~2.5-4 hours b4 you call, cuz if you DARE to repeat a question they'll straightup sigh before they summarily dismiss you via the hangup.

The most depressing part is hearing one of my radio heroes, Terry Boers, be reduced to a fucking lapdog yes-man sidekick alongside The Mighty Crusader(TM) li'l danny burnSTINE cuz like.... just..... sigh. I'm seriously listening to this show in the same way I'd listen to the Stern show during the last year or two I could actually be arsed to download it: as a spectacle to behold just how much the show has fallen.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:33 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
So you are telling me it's tme to get Richard Sherman on the horn with Dan and Terry

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:34 pm 

Gotta give credit where credit is due: it's cool to hear Daft Punk's "Around the World" in the background of the second half. I'm doing a little two step boogie in my chair reminiscing on those ~15 minute walks to high school with this song on back in the day. It's damn near impossible to not have a little boogie in your step when this beat is percolating through your head.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
If there's no debate why have they spent two hours taking the same exact calls? :scratch: :lol:

Matty do your job and produce. Lazy, lazy, lazy.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:35 pm 

Phil McCracken wrote:
So you are telling me it's tme to get Richard Sherman on the horn with Dan and Terry

Actually, I'm telling you it's nigh time to see what that "Cornball Brother" Rob Parker is up to. I'm thinking there might be some dinner bets involved soon.

Also, props to Tanny or whoever is dishing out the variety of Daft Punk tracks with each individual "piece" during the second half. Will we get BIGGER. FASTER. HARDER. STRONGER. ???

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:36 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
If there's no debate why have they spent two hours taking the same exact calls? :scratch: :lol:

Matty's not producing this stupid show today.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:39 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:

Uh, Kirkwood, in the timeless words of one Matt "Drinking Fool" Abattacola: if you don't like the show you're NOT supposed to listen OR comment. This whole thread should be deleted out of principle as a matter of fact. If you were to text in your discontent with the direction of the show you'd surely be blocked from texting anyone on the station, and if you were to go out of your way to tell Amattacola on twitter he very well might respond by telling you just how much he doesn't care about your opinion =D

Also, LOL, li'l danny just called out the Hawks beatwriters for NOT giving us information about WHY certain things are happening on the ice. tisk tisk. this is like the 50k-watt equivalent of a soccer mom going out and arguing why Fergie is an idiot for playing a 4-4-3 vs Real Madrid or something.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:40 pm 

SHARK wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

Ruh oh.... HEY KIRKWOOD..... [drum roll]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:41 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
Phil McCracken wrote:

Actually, I'm telling you it's nigh time to see what that "Cornball Brother" Rob Parker is up to. I'm thinking there might be some dinner bets involved soon.

Also, props to Tanny or whoever is dishing out the variety of Daft Punk tracks with each individual "piece" during the second half. Will we get BIGGER. FASTER. HARDER. STRONGER. ???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2YGTW555Gu4

Chus wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:42 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
SHARK wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

Ruh oh.... HEY KIRKWOOD..... [drum roll]

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:44 pm 

SHARK was right. NIU Head Football Coach Rod Carey is in the house at Fatty's.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:56 pm 

After the break, the legal ID & ZZ's "Scoreboard Update", "Friday Fung: Daredevil or Dumbass?" starts.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:06 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Beardown wrote:

And to think, Dan's usual take is that it is illegal for an employer to reveal medical info about an employee, unless it's with that person's express (but pointless) consent. Here, he's "absolutely certain" who in the Bulls' hierarchy revealed the info, but strangely he's left his "Dan the Lawer" briefcase elsewhere. Wonder why? :wink:

I picked up on this very early in their show and realized the same. He left his "Dr. Dan" bag and his "Dan the Lawyer" briefcase behind and brought with him his Reinsdorf Pom-Poms. The magical Pom-Poms that give him both insider information and selective amnesia, as we go from Rose not needing to come back because of the team in south Florida to he needs to come back because its what's best for him.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:20 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:

The most depressing part is hearing one of my radio heroes, Terry Boers, be reduced to a fucking lapdog yes-man sidekick alongside The Mighty Crusader(TM) li'l danny burnSTINE cuz like.... just..... sigh. I'm seriously listening to this show in the same way I'd listen to the Stern show during the last year or two I could actually be arsed to download it: as a spectacle to behold just how much the show has fallen.

I'm with you here as I've tried to give Terry all the latitude that comes with such esteemed status but I'm starting to worry as to whether he has become just that damn lazy. I fear the day will come where Dan will cross the line and say something inexcusably bad, not too dissimilar from what Skip Bayless is thought to have done when he was with the Tribune, and Terry will reflexively back him up. While Skip's current act plays well, and he probably gets paid well, I can't help but think him to be a social pariah. Dan seems to veering towards such status but I always thought Terry to be smart enough to avoid that.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:24 pm 

No Clever Moniker wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:

I'm with you here as I've tried to give Terry all the latitude that comes with such esteemed status but I'm starting to worry as to whether he has become just that damn lazy. I fear the day will come where Dan will cross the line and say something inexcusably bad, not too dissimilar from what Skip Bayless is thought to have done when he was with the Tribune, and Terry will reflexively back him up. While Skip's current act plays well, and he probably gets paid well, I can't help but think him to be a social pariah. Dan seems to veering towards such status but I always thought Terry to be smart enough to avoid that.

Well spoken, both.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:28 pm 

fill your fire extinguisher with zinc- i have GOT to try that! holy crap that was the best daredevil ive heard yet. those guys should be dead.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:42 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
Dallas Winston wrote:
Apparently it's let's put every stupid motherfucker on the air and act exasperated day. Lazy, stupid, bad radio.

So COF finally called in? :P

Chus wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

Part of the rehab is playing. Got it. But what's wrong with doing that "playing" part with 5 on 5 practice with the Bulls? Where Derrick knows that nobody is gonna cheap shot him or undercut him. He's getting that rehab part in practice. THE KNEE DOESN"T KNOW IT"S NOT A REAL NBA GAME. It's just peace of mind knowing he's more safe in practice.

After enough 5 on 5 practices Derrick will feel mentally ready to go. Granted, he's been doing 5 on 5 for a while, but let him do it for as long as he wants. And if he doesn't play an NBA game this year it doesn't matter since they can't win a title according to B&B. They say it's 12 to 18 months until you are fully back to yourself even though you can be cleared after 9 or 10 months. That will be the start of next year. Derrick will be mentally ready next year cuz he'll feel 100%.

B&B are wrong. I proved it. I WIN!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

And I actually think he should play. Cuz I think they would have a punchers chance to get the 2 seed and maybe beat the Heat. Against all odds, but it is sports and Wade or James could get injured. Who knows?

But using Bernstein stance of this season doesn't matter, he should stick to his "Don't play" thought and not change despite the new info of "This is a part of the rehab" that he didn't know. I'm telling him he's getting the rehab in practice by playing 5 on 5. He'll get it in the regulated off season 5 on 5 at the Berto Center. He'll get it in training camp. Then he'll feel 100% for next year cuz it's 18 months to feel that way.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next