It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Oley's
Beardown wrote:
Nothing from Dan McNeil about Boers on twitter or facebook. I find that odd.

Mac did confirm that he was going to be a part of the TB tribute show via a reply on the Facebook.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

Let's do tribute songs to say goodbye to Terry. And the B&B combo.

This is my tribute song to the end of B&B.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHOlRUkNsMw

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

Goodbye, Terry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IA3ZvCkRkQ

:cry:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:29 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Terry was an asshole and still is. That he may be dying doesn't change that. He was an asshole as a writer too. Almost always negative and looking for a way to criticize. That was why it was so great when Da Coach put him in his place after Terry went back on his previously expressed criticism of Ditka for being too demonstrative as a coach and then asked Ditka about why it seemed in the past game that he didn't have the fire in him and he almost seemed resigned to the fate and Ditka reminded him that he was the guy who criticized him when he did have the fire, that it was the wrong thing.....SO WHO YOU CRAPPIN???

So I guess Mac isn't coming?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:32 am 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Terry was an asshole and still is. That he may be dying doesn't change that. He was an asshole as a writer too. Almost always negative and looking for a way to criticize. That was why it was so great when Da Coach put him in his place after Terry went back on his previously expressed criticism of Ditka for being too demonstrative as a coach and then asked Ditka about why it seemed in the past game that he didn't have the fire in him and he almost seemed resigned to the fate and Ditka reminded him that he was the guy who criticized him when he did have the fire, that it was the wrong thing.....SO WHO YOU CRAPPIN???
Yet you called his show multiple times and tried to be buddy-buddy with them until they made fun of you on the air and then you suddenly hated them!

This is great. Elmhurst Steve citing something so far in the past that he had to have known it when he tried to become a regular caller on B&B and then was laughed off the airwaves.

Last edited by Brick on Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:36 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Steve picked the wrong horse.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

They're replaying it.

I was in the car for a couple of hours. It was nice hearing it again. It was a really great show.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Beardown wrote:
They're replaying it.

I was in the car for a couple of hours. It was nice hearing it again. It was a really great show.

I wish Matty scheduled Terry, Dan, North, and Jiggs, all together for an hour instead of one segment.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yeah. And it was kind of foreshadowing when Terry ended his last broadcast with drinky. One would have thought it would have been with both Mac and Bernstein.

But the last 20 minutes were drinky and Terry talking. Got a little weird. But drinky went in depth on how much he loves Terry.

It was foreshadowing, after listening to it again, that drinky wasn't gonna go on at the SCORE without his radio Dad. :cry:

I think drinky knew he was gonna quit that day. Just wanted a few more months of pay checks and to figure out what's next.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Beardown wrote:
Yeah. And it was kind of foreshadowing when Terry ended his last broadcast with drinky. One would have thought it would have been with both Mac and Bernstein.

But the last 20 minutes were drinky and Terry talking. Got a little weird. But drinky went in depth on how much he loves Terry.

It was foreshadowing, after listening to it again, that drinky wasn't gonna go on at the SCORE without his radio Dad. :cry:

I think drinky knew he was gonna quit that day. Just wanted a few more months of pay checks and to figure out what's next.

the Terry Boers Maneuver. He did it for years.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:12 pm 

I miss Terry. :(

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
I miss Terry. :(

The SCORE should have Terry as a weekly guest during the baseball season. Since baseball is his favorite sport. He always talked about not only watching Cubs and Sox, but the late west games on the MLB package.

B&G should have him since that was Terry's audience. Bernstein probably wouldn't want him because Terry doesn't know metrics.