It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:16 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Yeap, during tranny (#NevarForget) I hear Dan doing the typical "our president is rambling like a crazy person" low hanging fruit, AND HEY SPEAKING OF LOW HANGING FRUIT... Goff claimed he has no idea how/why [Trump happened]

Hey Goff, how about your wife or radio partner there basically saying "now [crazy people] have their guy [in Trump]" and the new guy is on about alternative facts, so going to what Michael Moore called "the biggest middle-finger [response] in human history" to "Good Upstanding People" basically calling them retarded/racist/bigoted/nazi-frogs for not voting for hilldog.... Maybe that has something to do with it? You know, pissing people like all y'all off [cuz I don't think most ppl are especially proud of Trump, he got elected as a means to piss off people by giving them their nightmare/scenario]

Also sports, but you know this stuff is important... Without 5-10+ mins of Trump talk we might not know where everyone stands =P

Edit = my phone autocorrected "hilldog" to "bulldog" #UndeniableLiberalBias

Last edited by sinicalypse on Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:19 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Goff just said he would knock Spieg's doorman out.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Enough with the politics! Four hours of insufferable NBA talk awaits.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

I said this in the Spiegel section also about the politics, You either turned some people off who switched the station or just lost listeners who went to go switch to a news conference. Nice job guys.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:25 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
torch! wrote:
I said this in the Spiegel section also about the politics, You either turned some people off who switched the station or just lost listeners who went to go switch to a news conference. Nice job guys.

True. For a radio biz it was a bad move to talk about it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:27 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
When he sees Trump, Goff said all he sees is the monster from Little Shop of Horrors in a suit. Now I haven't seen that movie, but there isn't a monster in it, is there? I know there's that plant, but a monster?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:33 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
i think its funny that people make it out that like this fringe group of people somehow got trump a victory. in order to believe that narrative, you then HAVE to believe that the election was "hacked" not as in the timely release of damning emails but that the numbers were jacked with somehow.

and that fringe group of people were racist white people. the racist white people who came out of the woodwork to vote against an old white lady but apparently didn't vote at all the previous 2 elections for a black guy.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Around the corner
pittmike wrote:

Others have tried.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
pittmike wrote:

Was he sobbing when he said this ?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Pretty sure Spieg's girlfriend can defend herself

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Spiegel's Doorman wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Others have tried.

Hey Doorman, why don't you try sitting on Julie's Chair? We could have that Ghostbusters apocalypse with the keymaster and gatekeeper hooking up.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
pittmike wrote:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
pittmike wrote:

The doorman would sue Goff for assault and Dan would be upset when he wasn't notified than an agitated negro was on the loose.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Oh oh, they are talking about seat mates on an airplane. It appears Bernsie doesn't normally get the hotties next to him, but this one time (at band camp) he had a hottie next to him with an open shirt.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
So why all of the jacking off to basketball when CSN ratings show us more people in their market are watching hockey than watching basketball? Mitch has no fucking clue what his own market wants.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:22 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Oh oh, they are talking about seat mates on an airplane. It appears Bernsie doesn't normally get the hotties next to him, but this one time (at band camp) he had a hottie next to him with an open shirt.

I pray he spends his next flight next to a certain update host. Poor Dannie would be DOA upon landing of asphyxiation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
So why all of the jacking off to basketball when CSN ratings show us more people in their market are watching hockey than watching basketball? Mitch has no fucking clue what his own market wants.

Yeah, Bulls doing an average 2.95 on CSN while the Hawks average a 3.12. These guys can't really hide behind the "more people still watch basketball" bullshit anymore. Time to start DVR'ing some games, fellas.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
I have no idea who "milkbone" is.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:45 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Yeah, Bulls doing an average 2.95 on CSN while the Hawks average a 3.12. These guys can't really hide behind the "more people still watch basketball" bullshit anymore. Time to start DVR'ing some games, fellas.

A team that has won 3 titles in the last 6-7 years barely ahead of a bad soap operatic team that isn't going anywhere. And Hawks fans crowing about that?

And really both ratings blow. It just says that with all things considered a dysfunctional, unlikable basketball team is at least as popular as a title contender in a niche sport that has no national appeal.

Just stop. (And I like the Hawks)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:54 pm 

denisdman wrote:
but this one time (at band camp) he had a hottie next to him with an open shirt.

so hey, what kind of "formative life experience" do you think dan had at camp in order to create this lifelong passion for all things camp? maybe some kind of older-kid/counseler taught him how to jerk off or something?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:55 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

A team that has won 3 titles in the last 6-7 years barely ahead of a bad soap operatic team that isn't going anywhere. And Hawks fans crowing about that?

And really both ratings blow. It just says that with all things considered a dysfunctional, unlikable basketball team is at least as popular as a title contender in a niche sport that has no national appeal.

So? Bernstein explains the lack of broached hockey talk is that not as many people care about the team as the town's other franchises. We know that isn't the case now. Simple.

Prattling on about some perceived inferiority [complex] of the Blackhawks and their fans doesn't change the fact that Dan's justification is no longer valid, and there is now one fewer reason for his show to be as Bulls-heavy as it is with a complete lack of self-inspired hockey talk.

Last edited by Juice's Lecture Notes on Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:56 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:

hey double-R, remember when some hawks fans tried claiming that the bulls were a disgrace to the "Madhouse on Madison" title that the hawks had earned over the last 5-10yrs? my eyes rolled a perfect 300 game with that one!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:56 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

So? Bernstein explains the lack of broached hockey talk is that not as many people care about the team as the town's other franchises. We know that isn't the case now. Simple.

Prattling on about some perceived inferiority [complex] of the Blackhawks and their fans doesn't change the fact that Dan's justification is no longer valid, and there is now one fewer reason for his show to be as Bulls-heavy as it is with a complete lack of self-inspired hockey talk.

The shitbag hosts at 670 will spend hours prattling on about the latest Bulls game and give maybe 5 minutes to a Hawks game despite the fact more potential listeners in their market spent their evening watching that Hawks game. Hawks have consistently outdrawn the Bulls on CSN since 2012. There is an entire generation of fans coming of age who will have the Hawks as their top winter tenant over the Bulls. 670 offers them nothing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:59 pm 

WHY DOESN'T EVERY RADIO HOST TALK ABOUT THE SPORTS I LIKE AND NEVER ABOUT THE SPORTS I DON'T LIKE?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:01 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

The shitbag hosts at 670 will spend hours prattling on about the latest Bulls game and give maybe 5 minutes to a Hawks game despite the fact more potential listeners in their market spent their evening watching that Hawks game. Hawks have consistently outdrawn the Bulls on CSN since 2012. There is an entire generation of fans coming of age who will have the Hawks as their top winter tenant over the Bulls. 670 offers them nothing

you know, i'm pretty sure that before the hawks started winning cups [and thus started to matter] that dan's general sentiment on hockey was that hockey fans were racists who were hellbent on their mission to prove that NHL > NBA cuz it really "grinds their gears" that people think that the predominantly-black sport [basketball] > the predominantly-white sport [hockey]

so now even tho dan's kid plays hockey and dan has made a few forays into REALLY. SMART. HOCKEY. stuff over the years, i can't help but think that the overall "blah" [read: lack of hockey talk] still has something to do with its etymology as "something only racist people wanna talk about cuz they hate basketball [read: black people] so much"

...unless i'm wrong about this, then someone plz feel free to set me straight here cuz lord knows i'm putting way too much effort into my outfits lately =P

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:04 pm 

AND HOLY SHIT AMATTACOLA CAN YOU PLEASE STOP CALLING PHIL MICKELSON "LEFTY" IN EVERY GODDAMN UPDATE!?!?!?!

ok at first i get it, it's a colloquial term like we're all supposed to be familiar/comfortable enough with both phil and golf to call him "lefty" -- but hearing it no less than 5-6 times today = i can't help but think that you're trying to program me to start referring to phil mickelson as "lefty" and that's something i would sooner go out of my way to never even do once by accident simply out of spite! shut the fuck up [like i'm supposed to whenever a grownup like lipid tells me to =]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Do you guys really want those two ignorant assholes talking about hockey anyway? There aren't two less knowledgeable people on the sport of hockey at the station than them.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:08 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

And to deny that baseline coverage of a sport plays a roll in the sport's (or any topic, really) perceived popularity--and thus drives calls for more coverage--is foolish. It's similar to the problem baseball has had for years: are there no nationally transcendent "stars" in the league because players aren't that marketable, or does the MLB and its various media outlets do a piss-poor job of marketing what stars could be?

Recently in this town, there was a show that would happily devote 80%+ of its airtime to a Blackhawks run up to the Cup, and did so for two of them. I think its undeniable that the background level of excitement about a Hawks team leading up to the playoffs has waned, and that is probably a significant result of the show mentioned earlier being off the air.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:14 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Do you guys really want those two ignorant assholes talking about hockey anyway? There aren't two less knowledgeable people on the sport of hockey at the station than them.

I want them to have to watch it and learn it as they would any other popular sport, because that is their job. I doubt Jason and Dan wouldn't take shots at a host in the station's lineup who refused to watch the NBA and took a "if you want to talk about it, call" approach.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Don Tiny wrote:
I have no idea who "milkbone" is.

Image next

I'm out.