It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 9:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 372 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:17 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Dicaro would be my initial thought, but Mitch be my 1st choice, you launch that moron Mitch and his replacement will launch the rest of these useless turds.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:18 pm 

Show has been great lately.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
312player wrote:
Dicaro would be my initial thought, but Mitch be my 1st choice, you launch that moron Mitch and his replacement will launch the rest of these useless turds.

Well played, the long game. Get rid of them all. By the way, I always appreciate your intense hatred of these clowns. It makes me giggle.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:20 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Douchebag wrote:

What are you listening to?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
America wrote:
Right but if a big part of the Cubs rationale for choosing WSCR was the the CBS radio family what then happens when the CBS radio family start to splinter.

As I understood it, all of CBS Radio was being spun off into it's own corp, so the synergy which intrigued the Cubs would remain intact. What's more, CBS (it was still CBS at the time) was free to overspend a bit to get the rights, especially if they knew at the time they were going to sell off their radio properties, because all they would be out of would be a few years of operating costs while they work to sell a property enhanced by the rights they overspent to get.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:23 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
America wrote:
Right but if a big part of the Cubs rationale for choosing WSCR was the the CBS radio family what then happens when the CBS radio family start to splinter.

So far, the only consequence of the Entercom merger is that 780 will be separated from channel 2. I haven't heard anything about them divesting stations, but it wouldn't surprise me to see one or two get sold. Corporations never should have been able to own so many stations in a single market in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Peoria Matt wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

Whatever it is it's rated E for everyone .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:26 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
America wrote:

So far, the only consequence of the Entercom merger is that 780 will be separated from channel 2. I haven't heard anything about them divesting stations, but it wouldn't surprise me to see one or two get sold. Corporations never should have been able to own so many stations in a single market in the first place.

One other piece of fallout over the sale is that a bunch of the CBS Radio news stations are (or might be) forced to look for their own news/sports/traffic update people, because a lot of that was being done by a service offered by iHeart, with whom CBS had an agreement. Last I heard it was still undecided whether CBS Radio/Entercom would be able to contract with that service and their talent separately.

After reading up on it a bit, it looks as though iHeart's Total Traffic will get to decide whether allow people like George Ofman and Bonnie Greene out of their contracts to continue working at CBS Radio properties.

Last edited by Juice's Lecture Notes on Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Peoria Matt wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:32 pm 

Douchebag wrote:

Yup.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Station has gone too much into SJW territory; started with the Penn St. scandal. It was compelling radio for a while, but Dan continuously using a soapbox made it unlistenable. Terry's decline in participation gave Dan an opportunity to show more of his "evolved" thoughts, while maintaining high ratings, and gave management the perception that appealing to a "smarter" demographic was the future. Couple that with MANY unlikeable personalities (Laurence "tough guy" Holmes, Jason "slappy" Goff, Julie "I'm oppressed" DiCaro, Steve "smarmy" Rosenbloom) and you have lost key demographics that just want to listen about sports without politics always being involved. We make fun of Grobstein a lot, but at least he steers away from politics and shuts down callers who try to engage him in those subjects. North's greatest mistake was getting a big head and start introducing politics into his show, thus damaging that morning slot. The station, for the most part, ignoring the Blackhawks when they are in the midst of a dynasty is unexcusable; at least the ignorance was understandable during the dark days of the late 90s- early 2000s.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

FrankDrebin wrote:
Station has gone too much into SJW territory; started with the Penn St. scandal. It was compelling radio for a while, but Dan continuously using a soapbox made it unlistenable. Terry's decline in participation gave Dan an opportunity to show more of his "evolved" thoughts, while maintaining high ratings, and gave management the perception that appealing to a "smarter" demographic was the future. Couple that with MANY unlikeable personalities (Laurence "tough guy" Holmes, Jason "slappy" Goff, Julie "I'm oppressed" DiCaro, Steve "smarmy" Rosenbloom) and you have lost key demographics that just want to listen about sports without politics always being involved. We make fun of Grobstein a lot, but at least he steers away from politics and shuts down callers who try to engage him in those subjects. North's greatest mistake was getting a big head and start introducing politics into his show, thus damaging that morning slot. The station, for the most part, ignoring the Blackhawks when they are in the midst of a dynasty is unexcusable; at least the ignorance was understandable during the dark days of the late 90s- early 2000s.

Well said. Bernstein spawned the Goff's and the Julie's. The SCORE culture, set by Bernstein, means their hosts can push their agendas. No other radio station is run this way. But Bernstein runs the SCORE. Not Mitch. He works for Bernstein. So that's what we get.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:35 pm 

Quote:
Well said. Bernstein spawned the Goff's and the Julie's. The SCORE culture, set by Bernstein, means their hosts can push their agendas. No other radio station is run this way. But Bernstein runs the SCORE. Not Mitch. He works for Bernstein. So that's what we get.

The bad thing is, I enjoyed listening to Goff before he went to Atlanta; I really thought it was a big loss for the station when he departed. Then he comes back and it's all SJW/race-baiting shit. Pretty soon the Score will turn into WGN, a station carrying the Cubs who caters to a specific demographic, resulting in the loss of listeners. Like some have said before, if the Cubs leave and changes aren't made, the station will become irrelevant.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:37 pm 

Beardown wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:

Ranger's new station in St. Louis has a station-wide mandate to stay away from politics whenever and wherever possible. Not sure if that is observed over all Hubbard Radio properties, but this is a correct sentiment from Beardown, other stations stay away from what The Score has become.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:42 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Beardown wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:

Ranger's new station in St. Louis has a station-wide mandate to stay away from politics whenever and wherever possible. Not sure if that is observed over all Hubbard Radio properties, but this is a correct sentiment from Beardown, other stations stay away from what The Score has become.

Good idea since Ranger displayed some of the Bernstein traits when he hosted on the Score. Sometimes it is perfectly fine to include politics in a sports discussion, but the narrative of caller disagreeing with a host's stance makes them racist, red-neck, or bigoted gets old fast.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:43 pm 

It's a great show. Y'all are insane.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:47 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
It's a great show. Y'all are insane.

The Bulls do better nationally, though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermos on 63rd
Holy hell, with this ratings disaster hope Goff and Parkins for that matter rented instead of bought.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:58 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
FrankDrebin wrote:
The station, for the most part, ignoring the Blackhawks when they are in the midst of a dynasty is unexcusable; at least the ignorance was understandable during the dark days of the late 90s- early 2000s.

The station has had an unhealthy relationship with the Blackhawks as long as I can remember. I remember North bitching that the Bulls were stuck on CKG instead of the Score because the Blackhawks had already bought the time up front, and that would have been the 06-07 season. I think there were even on-air complaints that the Blackhawks were preempting Doug/OB and getting in the way of extended Sox coverage (from THAT YEAR, when the play-by-play was still on 1000). It got even more hostile once the Hawks actually left.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:44 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Many fine thoughts here except the trolling great show ones. Do you guys really think that's clever? Anyway I don't doubt Dan encourages Goff to race bait. Another way to troll bad callers to yell at. Then they say "see they're all racists ".

Last edited by pittmike on Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:59 am 

You guys said the same about Boers and Bernstein. Maybe it's you.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:58 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I think it's probably bernstein.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:47 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

B&B wasn't boring until the bitter end when Terry started completely, unashamedly mailing it in. This show is just fucking lame.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:50 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
America wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

B&B wasn't boring until the bitter end when Terry started completely, unashamedly mailing it in. This show is just fucking lame.

B&B died with the Penn State scandal. It went from an off beat, fun show to a daily grind about social injustices and mocking anyone who dared to think differently than the hosts. Terry mailed it in, and Dan rose to the top of the soap box.

I am going to keep giving this show a listen, but the trend is not good.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:54 am 

America wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

People said it was bad even when mjh was still around.

I think they'll learn that national NBA talk isn't going to do well in the regular season but otherwise the show is good.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:55 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
[extended Sox coverage (from THAT YEAR, .

SAY IT!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:59 am 

pittmike wrote:
Many fine thoughts here except the trolling great show ones. Do you guys really think that's clever? ".

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:00 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
America wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

People said it was bad even when mjh was still around.

I think they'll learn that national NBA talk isn't going to do well in the regular season but otherwise the show is good.

I get that you feel you have a part to play, but when the best you can muster is "the show is good" that to me says it all. When Brick cannot summon a meaningful troll on the anti-Bernstein crowd you know the quality of the afternoon show is really lacking.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:06 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
The station, for the most part, ignoring the Blackhawks when they are in the midst of a dynasty is unexcusable; at least the ignorance was understandable during the dark days of the late 90s- early 2000s.

The station has had an unhealthy relationship with the Blackhawks as long as I can remember. I remember North bitching that the Bulls were stuck on CKG instead of the Score because the Blackhawks had already bought the time up front, and that would have been the 06-07 season. I think there were even on-air complaints that the Blackhawks were preempting Doug/OB and getting in the way of extended Sox coverage (from THAT YEAR, when the play-by-play was still on 1000). It got even more hostile once the Hawks actually left.

:lol: Yet they continue to run DePaul basketball

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:10 am 

America wrote:
I get that you feel you have a part to play, but when the best you can muster is "the show is good" that to me says it all. When Brick cannot summon a meaningful troll on the anti-Bernstein crowd you know the quality of the afternoon show is really lacking.
It isn't trolling. The show is good, which for a show that is a few months old that is about all you can expect. There are problems that I have mentioned before but to me it's the only Chicago show even worth turning on.

The complaints about this show go back to the start of the board. It's just clear many hate Bernstein and wouldn't have liked this show no matter how good it was.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 372 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next