It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 2:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:16 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Maybe I'm an outlier but I have enjoyed The Score from Day 1. There are lots of questions I'd like to ask the members who might know a lot more than me. Here are a few to start:

* I've noticed fewer phone calls being aired over the last year or so. Management decision or host?

* I enjoyed Who You Crappin' phone calls on Thursdays but found Dan's reading of emails kinda defeated the purpose of the bit. Many of the emails sounded like Dan wrote them-same style and all.

* Ever any consideration to having a female host during drive-time slot? Was the Julie S. Sunday experiment a failure?

* Terry used to mock Hub Arkush for his Bears coaches show. But then he backed off after Hub started hosting shows. What happened?

* Would Tom Shaer, Jiggs and other former hosts ever be considered to return?

Thanks for your answers.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Already a topic on this. By Fellatio!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:04 pm 

Connie_Linguist wrote:
Maybe I'm an outlier but I have enjoyed The Score from Day 1. There are lots of questions I'd like to ask the members who might know a lot more than me. Here are a few to start:

* I've noticed fewer phone calls being aired over the last year or so. Management decision or host?

- Combination of both, unless it was Gary from Evanston or Frank from Oak Park, callers were just awful, no need for them. Those two were the only callers who "got it".

* I enjoyed Who You Crappin' phone calls on Thursdays but found Dan's reading of emails kinda defeated the purpose of the bit. Many of the emails sounded like Dan wrote them-same style and all.

- Dan did write the emails, in conjunction with his buddy Kenny Owens from LaGrange Park who would fax them in.

* Ever any consideration to having a female host during drive-time slot? Was the Julie S. Sunday experiment a failure?

- No, the only female considered, Sarah Spain, turned down the job offer out of fear/knowing Bernstein's love of Boobs.

* Terry used to mock Hub Arkush for his Bears coaches show. But then he backed off after Hub started hosting shows. What happened?

- Similar to Joe Madden, Ed Olcyck and others, once they are part of WSCR family, they instantly become a worthy contributor, and not
subject to the daily jokes.

- The only possibility talked about was maybe Mike North, Jim Memalo and Mike Murphy doing a 3 man post game Cub show.

Thanks for your answers.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Connie_Linguist wrote:

Thanks for your answers.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Sarge wrote:
Jim Memalo

GAHN!