It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

So I finally saw Anchorman II. It sucked. They did it for the money grab and didn't bother to make it good. Probably wrote that crap in a week.

Anyway, there was one scene that reminded me of Goff. It was when Burgundy was introduced to his new boss. She was a black lady. And Burgundy's response upon learning this was to keep on saying "Black".

Here is the scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEsxWiLnBrs

It reminds me of Goff. I believe he walks into a room and constantly notices the whites, Mexicans and Japanese people. Makes a note of it in his mind. Probably doesn't say it out loud like Burgundy, but it's always going through his mind.

Furthermore, last week Goff responded to a texter that said "Goff always has to relate everything in life to race." Goff's response was "When I hear people say that about me, it means that those people are never comfortable talking about race." He was basically saying that people with this criticism of him are racist. So he settled that in his own mind

That's not the case. Goff has a problem. And people who criticize him for it aren't always racist. Sure, a percentage of them are racist, but not all of them like Goff claims.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Goff has a problem. You have a problem. Way too many thoughts on race. That being said, we all have problems.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:24 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Jason is way out of touch on this talk about Quenneville being too much of a manly man to rest his players down the stretch. Uh, where do you think Marian Hossa has been this weekend? Banging on the door demanding to get in the game?

Also, Duncan Keith plays so much because he has some kind of superhuman endurance where when they do the gun-it-on-a-treadmill-till-your-legs-fall-off-or-you-shit-yourself drill in training camp, Keith just keeps going like it's no big deal. I think he literally has oversized lungs.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Curious Hair wrote:
Jason is way out of touch on this talk about Quenneville being too much of a manly man to rest his players down the stretch. Uh, where do you think Marian Hossa has been this weekend? Banging on the door demanding to get in the game?

Also, Duncan Keith plays so much because he has some kind of superhuman endurance where when they do the gun-it-on-a-treadmill-till-your-legs-fall-off-or-you-shit-yourself drill in training camp, Keith just keeps going like it's no big deal. I think he literally has oversized lungs.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/how- ... workhorse/

Older article but it references his collegiate fitness testing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:37 pm 

Also, Quenneville has been running some of the lightest practices in the league, not counting John Tortorella, of all people, who isn't running morning skates at all. The Hawks are actually handling rest pretty well.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
Also, Quenneville has been running some of the lightest practices in the league, not counting John Tortorella, of all people, who isn't running morning skates at all. The Hawks are actually handling rest pretty well.

Goff: Kiss my black ass!!!!!

Beardown: See what I mean?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:49 pm 

(sigh) I have to be very careful how I phrase this. But...(sigh) it can reasonably be argued by comparing a number of dynamics that, to some extent, it could arguably be reasonable for some to say (sigh) that I have more cred in The Community than Laurence Holmes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Curious Hair wrote:
(sigh) I have to be very careful how I phrase this. But...(sigh) it can reasonably be argued by comparing a number of dynamics that, to some extent, it could arguably be reasonable for some to say (sigh) that I have more cred in The Community than Laurence Holmes.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Curious Hair wrote:

I'm going to say that the guy with 3 Stanley Cups on his resume knows a little bit more on how to run his team than that blithering fucking moron Goff. Does he ever stop being a fucking dolt?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:05 pm 

As it turns out, Quenneville's relatively sensible roster management vis-a-vis Bruce Boudreau redlining it has been part of why the Hawks passed the Wild for first place in the conference, something I (as I will be reminded hourly) never thought could happen. Truly Q has turned over a new leaf, because for a while he was as bad as Thibs in terms of playing to win every game.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Curious Hair wrote:

Q said with the game very other day schedule they basically won't have practice the last month. He even said he would toy with doing away with morning skates on some days.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

This was the only funny scene from Anchorman II

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY-fMg3qLcA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
This show is just awful. Got in the car after work and the first thing I hear them discussing is how the March Madness tourney is popular because it's essentially the white man's chance to relive his glory days before the wang whippers graduate to real men's basketball. Then Bernstein broke in with the latest Bears signing of a "white" safety, to join all the other "Hall of Fame white Bears safeties, like Chris Conte, etc."

If these guys didn't have the Cubs, they'd be toast.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:29 pm 

Did you catch Senor HBCU's memories of seeing Eric B. and Rakim at the Greensboro Coliseum or Public Enemy doing a secret show before NC Central graduation?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:42 pm 

Yes, it was terrible radio. I love the secret show. So important.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:45 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
This show is just awful. Got in the car after work and the first thing I hear them discussing is how the March Madness tourney is popular because it's essentially the white man's chance to relive his glory days before the wang whippers graduate to real men's basketball. Then Bernstein broke in with the latest Bears signing of a "white" safety, to join all the other "Hall of Fame white Bears safeties, like Chris Conte, etc."

you and i work the same shift. that's what i heard too. and they forgot adam archuleta.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Yea you know, the wildly uncommon 9 to 5 shifters.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Curious Hair wrote:
Did you catch Senor HBCU's memories of seeing Eric B. and Rakim at the Greensboro Coliseum or Public Enemy doing a secret show before NC Central graduation?

OOTGO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:51 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
W_Z wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

you and i work the same shift. that's what i heard too. and they forgot adam archuleta.

Or Fencik and Plank too.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:52 pm 

America wrote:
Yea you know, the wildly uncommon 9 to 5 shifters.

you're really on the ball.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:38 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
They were subtly shitting on the Illinois School for Broadcasting today, which was kind of funny. Although if I was down to two candidates, once being a My Favorite Poster and Hero grad and the other, a SIU flunkout, I'd hire the My Favorite Poster and Hero grad, unless the SIU flunky had tits.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:43 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
They were subtly shitting on the Illinois School for Broadcasting today, which was kind of funny. Although if I was down to two candidates, once being a My Favorite Poster and Hero grad and the other, a SIU flunkout, I'd hire the My Favorite Poster and Hero grad, unless the SIU flunky had tits.

Solid take. Do said tits include man boobs and flabbies from fatties?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:46 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Solid take. Do said tits include man boobs and flabbies from fatties?

I don't assume gender, Dennis.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

Jason Goff is addicted to RACE.

I know that doesn't make sense. But neither does Goff.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:54 pm 

How come Beardown never engages in actually discussion with us? I mean, believe or not but people like me actually hate Goff almost as much as him. Wouldn't he rather bash them while at the same time having a back and forth discussion with CFMB members? He literally just posts on these fucking tangents and ignores anybody else's contributions to the current thread. It's very annoying/weird.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
How come Beardown never engages in actually discussion with us? I mean, believe or not but people like me actually hate Goff almost as much as him. Wouldn't he rather bash them while at the same time having a back and forth discussion with CFMB members? He literally just posts on these fucking tangents and ignores anybody else's contributions to the current thread. It's very annoying/weird.

No. I read them. Sometimes I think they speak for themselves. No comment by me is necessary. I do avoid commenting on the insults of me. I enjoy them too. But what can I say? I don't want to get in fights here. I just take the insults for the most part. I think that's noble.

What do you want to talk about? I'll answer any direct questions.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:04 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

No. I read them. Sometimes I think they speak for themselves. No comment by me is necessary. I do avoid commenting on the insults of me. I enjoy them too. But what can I say? I just take them for the most part. I think that's noble.

I got defriended by Goff on Facebook a few weeks ago because I gave some constructive criticism on the show. I was very polite, he got all salty and what not. He such an insensitive bitch.

Don't let anyone hate on your Goff Bashing, remember DaNaMa gave you a vote of support.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

No. I read them. Sometimes I think they speak for themselves. No comment by me is necessary. I do avoid commenting on the insults of me. I enjoy them too. But what can I say? I just take them for the most part. I think that's noble.

I got defriended by Goff on Facebook a few weeks ago because I gave some constructive criticism on the show. I was very polite, he got all salty and what not. He such an insensitive bitch.

Don't let anyone hate on your Goff Bashing, remember DaNaMa gave you a vote of support.

No comment. Just kidding.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Caller Bob wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Would love to see redacted screen shots of that conversation.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Hank Scorpio wrote:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/how-freakish-keith-became-an-nhl-workhorse/

Older article but it references his collegiate fitness testing.

How he he not sold that handwritten note as an 8-year-old on a t-shirt? I'd definitely buy those for my cousins' kids for Christmas at a reasonable price.