It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:11 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
But most of them are. I'll give CH an exemption. Goff clearly brings more to the show than Boers did the past decade. It's getting sort of obvious at this point fellas. Might wanna find a new target.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:23 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Bullshit,Goff sucks. He can't use the color of his skin as a shield for bows and arrows.

I have blasted "Larry" in threads but have also stated that nobody on the SNORE works better solo than Holmes. I am a bigger fan of Holmes than most guys on that station despite some of his shortcomings.Racism has nothing to do with my listening habits.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:39 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
jimmypasta wrote:
Bullshit,Goff sucks. He can't use the color of his skin as a shield for bows and arrows.

I have blasted "Larry" in threads but have also stated that nobody on the SNORE works better solo than Holmes. I am a bigger fan of Holmes than most guys on that station despite some of his shortcomings.Racism has nothing to do with my listening habits.

You get an exemption too. But you like King of Queens so we still need to dismiss your opinion based on merit. Sorry

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:53 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
He used to be good but he is terrible now. This is inarguable fact. If you like this show as it stands to the point that you are willing to defend it publicly on the internet amongst people you have met in person that says a lot of very bad things about you and your intelligence. This show is now targeting downstate know-it-alls and far suburban whitebread who are just now becoming drawn into the internet outrage machine at the exact moment the internet outrage machine is finally jumping the shark. Wanna throw yourself in with that lot? The Quad City Pat's of the world? Go ahead.

If you feel this show appealing to you that means you are stuck in the zeitgeist of 3 or 4 years ago and are either too dumb or too stubborn to sense the ground shifting beneath your feet. People got sick of Goff's played-out schtick a while ago.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:08 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Why didn't FF just go after Beardown directly?

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:51 am 

His story-telling is terrible and he is an awful interviewer who talks over guests.

I listened yesterday during my 5 minute commute home from work. The entirety of the time I listened, Jason tried explaining some goofy idea to Bernstein about him being a commissioner or something with ultimate power. Bernstein finally frustrated, yelled something to the effect of "SPIT IT OUT ALREADY!"

On top of his bad radio skills, Goff has also become a bad ass at some point in time.

Also, he used to bitch about people discussing their baby's on air, now he does it nearly every time I can tune in.

I honestly don't listen much-Reared On The Score Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:38 am

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:54 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
FavreFan wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

You get an exemption too. But you like King of Queens so we still need to dismiss your opinion based on merit. Sorry

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:56 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
FavreFan at 3:39am wrote:
jimmypasta at 3:23am wrote:

You guys out drinking together?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:54 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Frank Coztansa wrote:
FavreFan at 3:39am wrote:
jimmypasta at 3:23am wrote:

You guys out drinking together?

:lol:

I don't know how old FF is but on many nights,old guys are up walking around at 3:30 am for many reasons.

Pissing,insomnia or took a nap during the day and can't sleep a normal 8 at night.
You will be there one day,it's not fun.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:21 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
terrible thread.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
I think this only applies to Beardown. The rest of us just think he is awful radio and are just as mean to Grimmace for this reason.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:55 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
if we all hate bernstein, speigs, goff etc etc, it seems kind of silly to assume our hatred of the 1 black guy is because we are racist. if everyone loved the rest of the lineup, sure. if goff was pretty innocuous, maybe, but there are plenty of non racial things to dislike about him which are routinely discussed.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:46 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
FavreFan wrote:
But most of them are. I'll give CH an exemption. Goff clearly brings more to the show than Boers did the past decade. It's getting sort of obvious at this point fellas. Might wanna find a new target.

Well, thanks, I guess, but I didn't think I hated Goff. I've been critical of him from time to time but generally I think he's a good listen. I certainly wasn't as hard on him about the dishwasher saga as other people, probably because I love mundane shaggy-dog storytelling myself.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:51 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
veganfan21 wrote:

Sometimes, you just throw a line into the water, and see what bites.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:58 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Chus wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Sometimes, you just throw a line into the water, and see what bites.

That sounds like an old Jerry Angelo quote

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:23 am 
1000 CLUB

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
I think this only applies to Beardown. The rest of us just think he is awful radio and are just as mean to Grimmace for this reason.

Nobody here called me racist when I was bashing Mike North. In fact, I think not liking North is proof of not being a racist. The ones that like North are the suspects.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Sam's Pizza IC
What a dumb ass thread. Seriously, this poster must be just a raging penis. Goff sucks.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:41 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I like the show. Goff is an asshole to Dan far too often. It appears that Dan is bothered by the "jokes" at times. Besides that both have been solid and they have good chemistry.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:13 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Saying I'm racist against Goff would be like saying I'm racist against Oreos because I only fuck with Double Stuf.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:14 pm 
100000 CLUB

sinicalypse wrote:
Saying I'm racist against Goff would be like saying I'm racist against Oreos because I only fuck with Double Stuf.

What does that mean?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:16 pm 

Nas wrote:
I like the show. Goff is an asshole to Dan far too often. It appears that Dan is bothered by the "jokes" at times. Besides that both have been solid and they have good chemistry.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

It's just the easy way out.

Goff likes to use it.

Goff: Criticism of me means you are a racist.

That's what he does. Never mind my criticism of Mike North like I said. Or drinky.

I hate the fact that criticism of Goff means you're a racist in Goff's mind. But you'll never change him. He likes to make life that simple. Good for him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:29 pm 
100000 CLUB

Sounds like the racists text a lot.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Sounds like the racists text a lot.

I agree with that.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen Home Run Inn Pizza
Nas wrote:

Goff is an asshole to a lot of people, not just Bernstein. Dan's douchiness is expected, he's a miserable human being but it's interesting how Goff sounds like an asshole on a consistent basis these days. Before he went to Atlanta I don't remember him ever sounding like such a d-bag and he may have been like this with Spiegel, I don't know, I didn't listen to that boring ass show enough to make a sound judgement. The Bernstein and Goff show is two unlikable people and a bland show.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

Interesting.

I find Goff to be very happy in his new show. He loves it. Loves getting approval from Bernstein. Bernstein rubber stamps his racist claims. Bernstein does it for show but Goff is unaware of that.

Goff likes the fact that Bernstein is all about "Whitey sucks" despite the fact that Bernstein is a racist outside of the show.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:47 pm 

Nas wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:

What does that mean?

First of all it's me having a little fun with the term "Oreo" as it's often applied to, say, Russell Wilson.... Even tho I don't mean it in that regard in terms of the metspgor/analogy here I have to admit that I figured I'd catch some shit from."those who have minds to know" cuz the metaphor/analogy was technivslly a double entendre insomuch as I poked just the tiniest bit of fun at the whole "Jason from Evanston talking about brothers in white shirts on Chicago Ave" thing even tho he recently copped to having to date a chick from Oak Park to find out about "the other side of Austin Ave"

Personally, I used to refer to turning right on Augusta from Austin as "The Death Star Trench Run" so I've been known to say "cover me Wedge, I'm going in!!" whenever I'd enter "the other side of Austin Ave" via Augusta #TheMoreYouKmow!

What I really meant was that I've said for a long time that Goff is too "vanilla" of a show host, like he read the book "Sports talk radio show hosting for dummies" and like, you know, because he's a balck guy he has to play Christmas in Hollis around Christmas time cuz that's just what you do. I've long maintained that Santa's Rap by the Treacherous Three is the better Christmas rap song, so in terms of Goff hosting shows I wish he was more "Treacherous Three" than "Run DMC."

Now I reckon many/most will see this as a race thing (especially the T3 > DMC part) but really it's not. It's more meaning that I wish Goff was just like... You know, smarter / cooler / deeper / etc as opposed to "inherently populist for the sake of attempting to have an identity" -- ERGO, in that regard we come back to me saying that Goff is more of an Oreo (plain/regular/standard) while I only fuck with Double Stuf (doubling down on the good shit like you know, I'll see your Run DMC [Oreos] and raise you some ,fat boy beats / fat boy rhymes like netherworlds in the cut (motherfucker what?!)[Double Stuf]--- see, netherworlds' "Pals" LP is an old LP from Chicago underground hip hop label Galapagos 4 and like, metaphorically speaking, I'm all about those fat boy beats + rhymes accrued from years of eating double Stuf (and as an overweight dude since the 4th grade you know, I don't ever buy regular Oreos.... Only double stufs or special flavors or fudge coated ones... I want those fat boy beats / fat boy rhymes....

But Goff would just be like "I'm gonna give everyone regular Oreos cuz that way you're gonna get that mass appeal without losing anyone by trying to trick out your sandwich cookie all "15 pieces of flair" style in office space" ---- and see the difference between Goff and, say, tannehill is that you know that at least DJ COSMROKS has mass appeal on vinyl, even tho he ain't gonna pop up.on air acting like some guru from.gsngstarr like BEHOLD MY JAZZMATAZZ!!!! you know what I'm saying?

Of course, I don't expect to most here to believe that I only said Oreo/double-stuf as a superficial troll-job to catch ppl who wanna call me racist like I'm seriously challenging Goff's blackness, even tho given my "racist" status here u know, seriously, I did want to see if I could bait people into a stereotype ("sini is racist") that's just as easy as saying, oh I don't know, "Goff is an Oreo" --- because you know the door swings both ways... And by some MC Escher type WTF?? both directions of swinging hit my ass on the way out!

TLDR= lol @ anyone who really thought I was daft enough to think I was "clever" enough to "get away with" calling Goff an Oreo in a "lol ur racist if you don't like Goff" thread -- the joke's literally + figuratively on you cuz I just wanted to say that I wished Goff was cooler + better at radio/life/etc cuz he sure does TALK a good game, eh? =]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:50 pm 
100000 CLUB

Powerhouse233 wrote:
Nas wrote:

Goff is an asshole to a lot of people, not just Bernstein. Dan's douchiness is expected, he's a miserable human being but it's interesting how Goff sounds like an asshole on a consistent basis these days. Before he went to Atlanta I don't remember him ever sounding like such a d-bag and he may have been like this with Spiegel, I don't know, I didn't listen to that boring ass show enough to make a sound judgement. The Bernstein and Goff show is two unlikable people and a bland show.

I don't think Goff is an asshole. I think he's just busting Dan's balls but there are times he can overdo it. I think the show has definitely been solid and better than most of what I've heard from this time slot in years.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:52 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
He's not an asshole so much as he fails to temper some of his misanthropy and boasting with self-deprecation the way Dan does.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

Put it this way, if Goff and Bernstein didn't work at the SCORE, would they be friends? No.

Dan Bernstein doesn't have any black acquaintances outside of work. Never has. Nor does he want to have any.

Bernstein is proud to tell people he lives in Chicago. Part of that pride is the stereotype of him living in Deerfield as a privileged kid. But the part of the city he lives in is basically a gated community of rich white people. It's a white suburb within the city.