It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen Home Run Inn Pizza
Nas wrote:
Powerhouse233 wrote:
Nas wrote:
I like the show. Goff is an asshole to Dan far too often. It appears that Dan is bothered by the "jokes" at times. Besides that both have been solid and they have good chemistry.

Goff is an asshole to a lot of people, not just Bernstein. Dan's douchiness is expected, he's a miserable human being but it's interesting how Goff sounds like an asshole on a consistent basis these days. Before he went to Atlanta I don't remember him ever sounding like such a d-bag and he may have been like this with Spiegel, I don't know, I didn't listen to that boring ass show enough to make a sound judgement. The Bernstein and Goff show is two unlikable people and a bland show.

I don't think Goff is an asshole. I think he's just busting Dan's balls but there are times he can overdo it. I think the show has definitely been solid and better than most of what I've heard from this time slot in years.

It's not just Goff's interactions with Bernstein it's how he talks about everybody. There is an air of superiority in his voice, he talks down to people. What's with his personal vendetta against Jimmy Butler? I've heard some people reference Jimmy's growing ego but I haven't heard anybody in the Chicago media or national media attack Butler like this guy does. And outside Goff's general arrogance is the fact that I just don't think he's improved as a broadcaster. He rambles a lot, especially during interviews. He's also not funny or clever in the least, when he tries to be it falls flat.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:02 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Curious Hair wrote:
He's not an asshole so much as he fails to temper some of his misanthropy and boasting with self-deprecation the way Dan does.

It's an artform, is it not?

SINCERELY,

# sir talks2much, Esq / OBE [order of the bullshit empire]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:05 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Powerhouse233 wrote:
Nas wrote:
Powerhouse233 wrote:
Nas wrote:
I like the show. Goff is an asshole to Dan far too often. It appears that Dan is bothered by the "jokes" at times. Besides that both have been solid and they have good chemistry.

Goff is an asshole to a lot of people, not just Bernstein. Dan's douchiness is expected, he's a miserable human being but it's interesting how Goff sounds like an asshole on a consistent basis these days. Before he went to Atlanta I don't remember him ever sounding like such a d-bag and he may have been like this with Spiegel, I don't know, I didn't listen to that boring ass show enough to make a sound judgement. The Bernstein and Goff show is two unlikable people and a bland show.

I don't think Goff is an asshole. I think he's just busting Dan's balls but there are times he can overdo it. I think the show has definitely been solid and better than most of what I've heard from this time slot in years.

It's not just Goff's interactions with Bernstein it's how he talks about everybody. There is an air of superiority in his voice, he talks down to people. What's with his personal vendetta against Jimmy Butler? I've heard some people reference Jimmy's growing ego but I haven't heard anybody in the Chicago media or national media attack Butler like this guy does. And outside Goff's general arrogance is the fact that I just don't think he's improved as a broadcaster. He rambles a lot, especially during interviews. He's also not funny or clever in the least, when he tries to be it falls flat.

We're hearing different things. I think he jokes around a lot and some people may not get it or like it. Not sure what his Butler beef is. Goff has improved a lot as a broadcaster and he's made improvements interviewing too. I agree he isn't funny but he tries to be.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen Home Run Inn Pizza
Nas wrote:
Powerhouse233 wrote:
Nas wrote:
Powerhouse233 wrote:
Nas wrote:

We're hearing different things. I think he jokes around a lot and some people may not get it or like it. Not sure what his Butler beef is. Goff has improved a lot as a broadcaster and he's made improvements interviewing too. I agree he isn't funny but he tries to be.

I'm not hearing the improvements. He rambles when he's interviewing someone. Even talking to Terry today he goes on and on, he's unable to construct a concise, intelligent thought or question. Curious Hair hit on one thing. Goff will shit on many things but generally lacks the ability to make fun of himself. I don't think this style is conducive to a good radio product. Others may like him, that's fine, I thought he was one of the best personalities on the Score before he went to Atlanta, but he comes across to me in the present time as a mediocre host and an arrogant, grating personality.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: Mama Santa's
I don't hate (listening to) Goff because he's black; I hate listening to him: 1)Laugh incessantly [I dislike this quality equally in Spiegs] 2)Constantly remind us that he's a "brother" and that he represents "the brothers."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:07 am 
100000 CLUB

JiminyChristmas wrote:
I don't hate (listening to) Goff because he's black; I hate listening to him: 1)Laugh incessantly [I dislike this quality equally in Spiegs] 2)Constantly remind us that he's a "brother" and that he represents "the brothers."

So 2 of the 3 reasons why you dislike him are based on him being black and trying to pull in a certain demographic.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:10 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Nas wrote:
JiminyChristmas wrote:

So 2 of the 3 reasons why you dislike him are based on him being black and trying to pull in a certain demographic.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Mama Santa's
I don't have an issue with him being black. What I take issue with is that his entire persona is tied to his race. Must that be his defining trait? Is Bernstein's defining trait is that he's white? Or Jewish?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

JiminyChristmas wrote:
I don't have an issue with him being black. What I take issue with is that his entire persona is tied to his race. Must that be his defining trait? Is Bernstein's defining trait is that he's white? Or Jewish?

He's trying to appeal to a specific demographic that may be under-served in Chicago. It's no different than doing the same thing to blue collar guys. Dan has done this with the analytics guys

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Nas wrote:
JiminyChristmas wrote:

He's trying to appeal to a specific demographic that may be under-served in Chicago. It's no different than doing the same thing to blue collar guys.

It is to the blue-collar guys.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I've tuned in 2 days in a row. Since I've been home doing house work. Both times I switched to music. Goff seems to have absolutely no thought that doesn't have to do with race. Going from US vs Puerto Rico to American flag icon on twitter. Not even sure what he was getting at there. Telling Bernstein how great Hanukkah is and "you don't know the Jews I know." He's disgusting. He's insulting and provoking. He needs to get checked and unfortunately I don't think he will. Goff talks about other people "showing their ass" but he's certainly showing his ass.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
McDude wrote:
I've tuned in 2 days in a row. Since I've been home doing house work. Both times I switched to music. Goff seems to have absolutely no thought that doesn't have to do with race. Going from US vs Puerto Rico to American flag icon on twitter. Not even sure what he was getting at there. Telling Bernstein how great Hanukkah is and "you don't know the Jews I know." He's disgusting. He's insulting and provoking. He needs to get checked and unfortunately I don't think he will. Goff talks about other people "showing their ass" but he's certainly showing his ass.

The only reason you're saying that is because you're an angry white guy.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:05 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
Who are the Jews Jason knows? Perhaps Evanston-based novelist Joseph Epstein?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

McDude wrote:

Yikes!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:10 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

Probably that group of "dangerous" people he claims to know .

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:19 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
badrogue17 wrote:
McDude wrote:

Don't forget he is also scared.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Curious Hair wrote:

Black israelites

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

Who let that ignorant black guy on the radio? Why does he talk about black people? Why does he laugh? Why does he tell jokes that I'm too old or out of touch to get? I've listened for 5 mins and I'm appalled. I like the blacks.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:28 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
McDude wrote:

Meh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:30 pm 

Nas wrote:
Who let that ignorant black guy on the radio? Why does he talk about black people? Why does he laugh? Why does he tell jokes that I'm too old or out of touch to get? I've listened for 5 mins and I'm appalled. I like the blacks.

https://youtu.be/dteBUV_coN8

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:33 pm 

McDude wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb4P-MZMzJs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:34 pm 

Nas wrote:

You forgot uppity.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:34 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Jason is fine. I always thought so but sometimes in this new incarnation he seems to be trying to be different. Like he felt with a higher level position he needs to up something. Being provocative or edgy is good trying too hard to be that can sometimes be weird.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:35 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
McDude wrote:

I don't get it but it reminded me of this https://youtu.be/ox5mGYdHmZg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:54 pm 
100000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:

You forgot uppity.

That's actually true after his take on leftovers and cold pizza.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:56 pm 
100000 CLUB

Douchebag wrote:
McDude wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:13 pm 

Nas wrote:

Wait, you think Goff is "in touch?"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:17 pm 
100000 CLUB

McDude wrote:
Nas wrote:

I just think you're likely an old guy or you keep a tight circle if you are outraged by what you have heard the past 2 days.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:25 pm 

Nas wrote:
McDude wrote:
Nas wrote:

I just think you're likely an old guy or you keep a tight circle if you are outraged by what you have heard the past 2 days.

34. Tight circle? Eh, probably. I'm not outaged. I think he's a hypocrite. I think he's just as racist and intensive as the people on the text line.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:36 pm 
100000 CLUB

McDude wrote:
Nas wrote:
McDude wrote:
Nas wrote:

34. Tight circle? Eh, probably. I'm not outaged. I think he's a hypocrite. I think he's just as racist and intensive as the people on the text line.

We're the same age so you're a very young man.

What makes him racist? On this board people make racial jokes almost daily. I've just started listening somewhat regularly but I don't recall hearing him claim that the black man is superior to the white man.