It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:34 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
The Bulls were ready to break up after 6.

Phil was gone.

MJ had cut his finger on some cigar cutter. I think the story was probably just bullshit and over-exaggerated but an excuse nonetheless.

All this because they couldn't get along with the GM.

The ego of all these guys, players , coaches, GM, Owner.

Too bad MJ / Pip didn't embrace Tony Kukoc. They hated him just because he was Krause's boy. It was a great move to bring him to the Bulls. I remember they use to call him the European Jordan when he played in Europe.

It's unreal how Tony Kukoc didn't become a mega star in the city of Chicago considering the large amount of Eastern European or descendants of Eastern European's in the city.

I think if MJ got along with him he could have been close to the star locally Mj was, but not nationally.

There's no bigger Kukoc fan than me but even I think this is way off base. The bad blood you speak of died down by the time the Bulls started winning again in 1996. In fact it was ancient history. It was clear by that time that Kukoc posed no threat to Pippen or Jordan's preeminence; in fact he became a well regarded role player who on occasion could be relied on as a star. As winner of the sixth man award on at least one occasion if not more I'd say he was appropriately loved by the fans. Saying he could have become a local Jordan in popularity is way off - he was adored just fine for his contributions and reputation.

Pippen owed Kukoc big-time after Kukoc sank the winning shot in 1.8 second "migraine" game. Had the Bulls lost that game, Pippen would have been run out of town.

:lol: :lol:

The fuck?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Douchebag wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

Phil was gone.

MJ had cut his finger on some cigar cutter. I think the story was probably just bullshit and over-exaggerated but an excuse nonetheless.

Too bad MJ / Pip didn't embrace Tony Kukoc. They hated him just because he was Krause's boy. It was a great move to bring him to the Bulls. I remember they use to call him the European Jordan when he played in Europe.

It's unreal how Tony Kukoc didn't become a mega star in the city of Chicago considering the large amount of Eastern European or descendants of Eastern European's in the city.

I think if MJ got along with him he could have been close to the star locally Mj was, but not nationally.

There's no bigger Kukoc fan than me but even I think this is way off base. The bad blood you speak of died down by the time the Bulls started winning again in 1996. In fact it was ancient history. It was clear by that time that Kukoc posed no threat to Pippen or Jordan's preeminence; in fact he became a well regarded role player who on occasion could be relied on as a star. As winner of the sixth man award on at least one occasion if not more I'd say he was appropriately loved by the fans. Saying he could have become a local Jordan in popularity is way off - he was adored just fine for his contributions and reputation.

Pippen owed Kukoc big-time after Kukoc sank the winning shot in 1.8 second "migraine" game. Had the Bulls lost that game, Pippen would have been run out of town.

The fuck?
Which statement are you questioning?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:52 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

Phil was gone.

The fuck?
Which statement are you questioning?

Agree, his temper tantrum brought a lot of criticism and damaged the belief that he could be the #1 guy. Phil went to Toni because he thought the Knicks would key on Scottie.

Remember the almost completed trade of Scottie for Shawn Kemp? Part of that discussion was because of how Scottie reacted in that game. Jordan coming back took a lot of heat off Scottie.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:53 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
My bad...I meant the 1.8 second game.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:56 am 

HawaiiYou wrote:

Phil was gone.

The South Slav is inferior to the West Slav. East Slavs, like Kirkwood, do not even warrant inclusion in the discussion.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:01 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
The South Slav is inferior to the West Slav. East Slavs, like Kirkwood, do not even warrant inclusion in the discussion.

Sounds like 2017 Democratic policy.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
pittmike wrote:
Back to the racists do not like baseball celebrations. The WBC is the best thing ever.

Why is an obvious Puerto Rican pitching for the US and an obvious American pitching for Puerto Rico? It don't make no sense.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:32 am 

pizza_Place: Maciano's
TB sounded pretty good, much better than any time in the last year or so.