It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 3/21: Bye Jerry Krause
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:57 pm 

No trolling but it has been a very good show today.

I still can't get over the fact that he didn't even give the Bulls a chance for the 7th title but he did an amazing job here.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:05 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
I don't know if the lack of 7th was really on Krause.

Rodman was completely off the reservation by then, could barely keep his shit together.
Phil Jackson wasn't coming back no matter what.

Didn't Pippen or Jordan have a significant injury after the 6th title? Can't remember.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:07 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

Rodman was completely off the reservation by then, could barely keep his shit together.

Didn't Pippen or Jordan have a significant injury after the 6th title? Can't remember.
They may not have won a 7th but I really wish we could have seen them try. Jordan, Pippen, and Phil would have been a good core to build around.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:09 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

I think they might have had a shot. It was a shortened season because of the lockout. Jordan did injure his finger on a cigar cutter or something (I'm sure his bookie had something to do with it). With Jordan getting rest, the Bulls could still make the playoffs, and have M-Jeff with fresh legs going into the playoffs. The league was so down that year because everyone came back from the lockout out of shape. They would definitely contended, but not sure if they could have beaten the Spurs.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:10 pm 

It would have been an eight peat without Jordan's baseball stunt. That's why there are * next two those two Rocket's titles in the mid 90's. Shit, I bet those Larry O'Brien trophies aren't even real gold.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:20 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Boy, they're really laying on the schmaltz with these rest-in-peace liners.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:56 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Back to the racists do not like baseball celebrations. The WBC is the best thing ever.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:59 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
My problem with Krause is for Tim Freaking Floyd.
Phil had more to do with ending the dynasty.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:00 pm 

Say what you will about Tim Floyd but he was still a better ISU import than Fred Hoiberg.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:03 pm 

wdelaney72 wrote:
My problem with Krause is for Tim Freaking Floyd.
Phil had more to do with ending the dynasty.

They had KC Johnson on earlier and he said pretty much in his last year of life or close to it Krause admitted Floyd was a big mistake.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Caller Bob wrote:
It would have been an eight peat without Jordan's baseball stunt. That's why there are * next two those two Rocket's titles in the mid 90's. Shit, I bet those Larry O'Brien trophies aren't even real gold.

I certainly think an eight-peat would have been a possibility, but I also think they may not have even had the second three-peat if things had transpired differently. Maybe they wouldn't have signed Rodman, maybe they would have been burned out after four or five titles, who knows.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:06 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Back to the racists do not like baseball celebrations. The WBC is the best thing ever.

Funny, they hated the WBC in 2009 because it was endangering players for the real-ass baseball of the regular season. I know this because I hated the WBC in 2009 and I was shamelessly taking all my talking points from Boers & Bernstein at the time.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:10 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Funny, they hated the WBC in 2009 because it was endangering players for the real-ass baseball of the regular season. I know this because I hated the WBC in 2009 and I was shamelessly taking all my talking points from Boers & Bernstein at the time.

I assumed this was true as I typed.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
pittmike wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I assumed this was true as I typed.

I'm just going to guess they are acting like they always liked it and aren't saying they hated it, but came around on it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
pittmike wrote:

And guys around here think Beardown is obsessed with race

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:25 pm 

The World Baseball Classic was considered an affront to baseball when it started up. It was a waste of time, it was a distraction from spring training, anyone who ate pasta for dinner in the last year was eligible to play for the Italian national team. In the intervening years, the Cardinals among others have been such a pain in the ass with their hatred of fun and expression that a bunch of Caribbeans dancing around justifies the whole stupid tournament.

Oh, and speaking of Italians, it went by without note yesterday, but if you're in the market for pure Concentrated Senor, I offer you "it's like going to a Broadway show and there's an understudy for Patti loo-pony."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:11 pm 

Terry on now as a guest.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Curious Hair wrote:
Boy, they're really laying on the schmaltz with these rest-in-peace liners.

1000 is doing the same thing :puker:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Damn, I didn't realize Sayers has dementia :(

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
pittmike wrote:
Terry on now as a guest.

Switched over because of this post; he sounded pretty good.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:11 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
The Bulls were ready to break up after 6.

Phil was gone.

MJ had cut his finger on some cigar cutter. I think the story was probably just bullshit and over-exaggerated but an excuse nonetheless.

All this because they couldn't get along with the GM.

The ego of all these guys, players , coaches, GM, Owner.

Too bad MJ / Pip didn't embrace Tony Kukoc. They hated him just because he was Krause's boy. It was a great move to bring him to the Bulls. I remember they use to call him the European Jordan when he played in Europe.

It's unreal how Tony Kukoc didn't become a mega star in the city of Chicago considering the large amount of Eastern European or descendants of Eastern European's in the city.

I think if MJ got along with him he could have been close to the star locally Mj was, but not nationally.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Le Grand Pizza
Anybody that thinks JK was a great GM must have gluten related brain damage. We were lucky when the Dream and Buey got picked 1st and 2nd, ANYBODY picks Jordan if they got the 3rd pick. He got Pippen...that's his entire legacey in my book.

Rodman was NOT as good as Horace. We win more with Grant. And don't forget the Stacy King debacle. It was obvious that he was shit, but JK clogged up a roster spot for years rather than admit he made a blunder.

Oh fuck I'm getting mad just thinking about this shit!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
HawaiiYou wrote:

Phil was gone.

MJ had cut his finger on some cigar cutter. I think the story was probably just bullshit and over-exaggerated but an excuse nonetheless.

Too bad MJ / Pip didn't embrace Tony Kukoc. They hated him just because he was Krause's boy. It was a great move to bring him to the Bulls. I remember they use to call him the European Jordan when he played in Europe.

It's unreal how Tony Kukoc didn't become a mega star in the city of Chicago considering the large amount of Eastern European or descendants of Eastern European's in the city.

I think if MJ got along with him he could have been close to the star locally Mj was, but not nationally.

There's no bigger Kukoc fan than me but even I think this is way off base. The bad blood you speak of died down by the time the Bulls started winning again in 1996. In fact it was ancient history. It was clear by that time that Kukoc posed no threat to Pippen or Jordan's preeminence; in fact he became a well regarded role player who on occasion could be relied on as a star. As winner of the sixth man award on at least one occasion if not more I'd say he was appropriately loved by the fans. Saying he could have become a local Jordan in popularity is way off - he was adored just fine for his contributions and reputation.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
St. Louis Bull Man wrote:
Anybody that thinks JK was a great GM must have gluten related brain damage. We were lucky when the Dream and Buey got picked 1st and 2nd, ANYBODY picks Jordan if they got the 3rd pick. He got Pippen...that's his entire legacey in my book.

Rodman was NOT as good as Horace. We win more with Grant. And don't forget the Stacy King debacle. It was obvious that he was shit, but JK clogged up a roster spot for years rather than admit he made a blunder.

Oh fuck I'm getting mad just thinking about this shit!

So he gets credit for Pippen but not Horace? He also gets credits for Phil, Kukoc, role playing starters like Paxson, Harper, Cartwright, Longley, various bench guys, Oakley and yes...Rodman.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:09 pm 

Did Senor cite the Pernicious Myth in why people don't give Crumbs his due?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:29 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Curious Hair wrote:
Did Senor cite the Pernicious Myth in why people don't give Crumbs his due?

"Jerry just...sigh....wasn't comfortable in his own skin. He was socially awkward."

Paraphrasing but pretty close.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:55 pm 

That sounds more like the Autistic Myth.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
veganfan21 wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

Phil was gone.

There's no bigger Kukoc fan than me but even I think this is way off base. The bad blood you speak of died down by the time the Bulls started winning again in 1996. In fact it was ancient history. It was clear by that time that Kukoc posed no threat to Pippen or Jordan's preeminence; in fact he became a well regarded role player who on occasion could be relied on as a star. As winner of the sixth man award on at least one occasion if not more I'd say he was appropriately loved by the fans. Saying he could have become a local Jordan in popularity is way off - he was adored just fine for his contributions and reputation.

Pippen owed Kukoc big-time after Kukoc sank the winning shot in 1.8 second "migraine" game. Had the Bulls lost that game, Pippen would have been run out of town.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

Phil was gone.

Pippen owed Kukoc big-time after Kukoc sank the winning shot in 1.8 second "migraine" game. Had the Bulls lost that game, Pippen would have been run out of town.

That was Kukoc's rookie year I think, and I wanna say he had four game winners that year, including the one you mentioned against the Knicks.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen Home Run Inn Pizza
Jaw Breaker wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

Phil was gone.

Huh? You do realize that the migraine game and the 1.8 second game are two entirely different games, right? The migraine game was game 7 of the 1990 Eastern Conference Finals where Pippen supposedly had a migraine and ended playing terribly like everyone else on the team besides Jordan. And obviously the 1.8 second game was against New York in 1994 in the ECSF.