It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Nas wrote:
denisdman wrote:
My deal with leftovers including pizza is a one day limit. Garbage cans have a purpose.

I'm surprised that you're okay with wasting money.

Sunk cost would be the economic concept behind shit canning otherwise "ok" food. The money has been spent, my appetite for said food has been satiated, and the risk of spoilage and health concerns overrides my financial prudence.

NOTHING PISSES ME OFF MORE THAN SEEING MY KIDS OPEN WATER BOTTLES, AND THEN MY WIFE PUTTING THE UNUSED PORTION IN THE DOG BOWL. The tap water is fine, but she won't quit buying those damn things. :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Starving kids in china too,

♫ Doo-da, doo-da ... ♫

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Don Tiny wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

♫ Doo-da, doo-da ... ♫

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:16 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
denisdman wrote:
NOTHING PISSES ME OFF MORE THAN SEEING MY KIDS OPEN WATER BOTTLES, AND THEN MY WIFE PUTTING THE UNUSED PORTION IN THE DOG BOWL. The tap water is fine, but she won't quit buying those damn things. :)

Bottled water is the biggest racket of them all!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:18 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Nas wrote:
denisdman wrote:
My deal with leftovers including pizza is a one day limit. Garbage cans have a purpose.

Sunk cost would be the economic concept behind shit canning otherwise "ok" food. The money has been spent, my appetite for said food has been satiated, and the risk of spoilage and health concerns overrides my financial prudence.

Leftover pizza is part of the greatness of pizza.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:18 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

♫ Doo-da, doo-da ... ♫

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:19 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
rogers park bryan wrote:
This is oversimplified but Goff needs to chill. I dont know if he's over caffinated or if he just acted different on the night time Score shifts from the early days but he's at an 9, I think hes best calibrated at a 5-6 range.

This is because he's an overpromoted producer who probably feels like he has to "justify his existence" as a [now premier] talk show host. You know, he's gotta show the world + his bosses [+ probably himself too] that he's good enough, he's smart enough, and doggone it spmack likes him [for SOME reason/s-- no homo! =]

Edit:. Don't forget that he's essentially failed-upwards in his career over the last few years;. He leaves a quality producing gig in Chicago to get nights in Atlanta.... And it didn't work out. He basically got fired (with a side of salsa) but given his experience producing in this bigger market he's brought on by his old station to be a "familiar face" for a 9-1 gig with speagol. Nobody really liked that show nor do I think it kicked a lot of ass in ratings, but they kept it afloat so when Terry left Dan they decided "keeping it afloat" with b&b was the way to go so Jason got another promotion for being a "familiar face" who will keep things going more or less the same that they were, ergo he's essentially gotten 2 promotions that he wouldn't have gotten if he wasn't a nice lil score producer (some would say the most dangerous producer in America!) who was already raised and groomed in the station's culture by Lord FOTStein Himself!

So yeah by ~5-6pm he figures he's in the home stretch and he's already proven his point/s so he can just "sit back, relax, and strap it down" for that last hour =P

Last edited by sinicalypse on Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Curious Hair wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Bottled water is the biggest racket of them all!

Amen. I think the kids want their water to be cold. So two things on that point:

1) They don't realize that tap water with ice is a good way to accomplish that and thus prefer the bottled water in the fridge.
2) Once the bottled water gets warm, they lose interest in it.

OMFG

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Don Tiny wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

♫ Doo-da, doo-da ... ♫

♫ Gonna starve all night, gonna starve all day,
These little Chinks are wastin' away,
Oh, de doo-da day ♫

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:21 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Nas wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Leftover pizza is part of the greatness of pizza.

Agreed. We went out to Village Pizza last Friday. MANY were excited that we had leftovers for lunch on Saturday. No one was clamoring for pizza on Sunday.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
denisdman wrote:
Nas wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I don't drink tap water. Not sure how much money I spend on spring water but it is definitely in the hundreds. I rarely waste food. It costs too much and it's something that I've held onto from my youth. Just make less or make the kids eat it.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:30 pm 

I used to do the Britta filter, which made things very affordable on the water front. All I had to do was change the filter every month which cost about $5/each.

I recently moved to Warrenville and the tap water here is absolute shit. Even the Britta filter wasn't much help. I ended up going with a water cooler and I go through about 1 of those big juggs (giggity) of water about every week. They only cost me 7 bucks a piece and seems like a better deal than buying multiple cases of water and filling my garbage with empty bottles each week.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:30 pm 

I always finish what's on my plate, and I take leftovers for lunch at work the next day. If my wife has made more than that, I won't touch it on Day 2. Boy's gotta have standards.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:36 pm 

denisdman wrote:
I always finish what's on my plate.

You're a very good boy.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:40 pm 

So Dan thinks hockey GMs are all drunk at work all the time. More and more those teams are run by the same nerds who run NBA teams. The Panthers are run by Wall Street guys now -- just not very well, because they won the division last year and then replaced their coach and defense that made them win the division.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:44 pm 

KOBE BRYANT DIED FOR THE JORDAN STAN'S SINS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Curious Hair wrote:
So Dan thinks hockey GMs are all drunk at work all the time. More and more those teams are run by the same nerds who run NBA teams. The Panthers are run by Wall Street guys now -- just not very well, because they won the division last year and then replaced their coach and defense that made them win the division.

Dan probably can't name a hockey GM other than Stan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Curious Hair wrote:
No reason you can't keep most food for a week if you seal it well. That's like the whole idea of making baked ziti, that you eat it for dinner and then save half the pan for other nights.

Reheated pizza is super-gross.

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:07 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
The skillet works well for pizza.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:18 pm 

I despise wasting food. I don't know what the psychology is for me but it makes me angry to see food thrown away. The only time I will do it is if it is moldy or has a moldy smell. I'm not cheap. I will spend for the originally cooked food but if you buy it, you better eat it.

My wife, who grew up in a home with many more mouths to feed almost refuses to eat leftovers. This pisses me off even more because I know her family was making meals stretch as far as possible.

Pizza rarely lasts long enough in my house for it to be an issue.

I love soup. Soup gets better with age.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
No reason you can't keep most food for a week if you seal it well. That's like the whole idea of making baked ziti, that you eat it for dinner and then save half the pan for other nights.

Reheated pizza is super-gross.

Reheat pizza in an oven or toaster.

Reheat it on a covered skillet. Beats an oven 100% of the time.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:38 pm 

Goff talking about taking the mask off. Like he's done? Fuck man, 12 days in a row of work. Why did I tune in? Should've picked up another day.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchi's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Leaving this to save everyone from 5 hours of bad radio http://tunein.com/radio/ESPN-Chicago-1000-s21297/
ESPN radio is horrible.

ESPN is miles ahead of 670. Don't know why 670 didn't try to get Waddle and Silvy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nicklin3011 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Leaving this to save everyone from 5 hours of bad radio http://tunein.com/radio/ESPN-Chicago-1000-s21297/
ESPN radio is horrible.

ESPN is miles ahead of 670. Don't know why 670 didn't try to get Waddle and Silvy

:lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:12 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
I'm sorry that MANY here are so poor that they need to eat leftovers or food that is about to go stale.