It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 3/24: Chuck Berry!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:29 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
For those of you who say Goff isn't dumb, I hope you were listening to transition. Jason says Chuck Berry is one of the top 10 songwriters of all time and compared him to Bob Dylan.

Post subject: Re: 3/24: Chuck Berry!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Was a hero to some but he didn't mean shit to me.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:44 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
badrogue17 wrote:
Was a hero to some but he didn't mean shit to me.

Didn't he say that about someone yesterday?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:45 pm 

I happened upon the video of him and the prostitute in my travels across the internet this week. Funny stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Franky T wrote:
For those of you who say Goff isn't dumb, I hope you were listening to transition. Jason says Chuck Berry is one of the top 10 songwriters of all time and compared him to Bob Dylan.

My Ding-a-ling....Subterranean Homesick Blues. I can see it

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:13 pm 

Last week Chuck Berry, this week Chuck Barris.....if I'm Chuck Norris or Chuck Woolery I'm being very careful next week, and I'd make sure my affairs were all in order...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:24 pm 

Sarge wrote:
Last week Chuck Berry, this week Chuck Barris.....if I'm Chuck Norris or Chuck Woolery I'm being very careful next week, and I'd make sure my affairs were all in order...

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:24 pm 

Sarge wrote:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Walt Williams Neck wrote:
Franky T wrote:

My Ding-a-ling....Subterranean Homesick Blues. I can see it

:lol:

Goff really is a dumb sob, smh.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:09 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Chuck Berry has to be considered hugely influential in the same way that Dylan is.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:36 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Curious Hair wrote:
Chuck Berry has to be considered hugely influential in the same way that Dylan is.

That's not what that dope Goff said, nobody would argue that or laugh at his dumbass if he said that. Chuck Berry will never be known for song writing or lyrics.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Why did they just use Rick Rude's music :lol: behind the introduction of Jared whoever they have on talking about Michael Kopec?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:46 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
Why did they just use Rick Rude's music :lol: behind the introduction of Jared whoever they have on talking about Michael Kopec?

Did they use his WCW music? Because that one's a jam. He's simply ravishing OWWWWW!

Side note: WCW before Hulk Hogan was weird, huh? Rick Rude and Vader as main-eventers.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:53 pm 

312player wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

That's not what that dope Goff said, nobody would argue that or laugh at his dumbass if he said that. Chuck Berry will never be known for song writing or lyrics.

Just CH being his smarmy ass 8)

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Curious Hair wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

Did they use his WCW music? Because that one's a jam. He's simply ravishing OWWWWW!

Side note: WCW before Hulk Hogan was weird, huh? Rick Rude and Vader as main-eventers.

I thought Flair and Sting were the big hitters in WCW before the whole nWo thing took over.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:56 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
oh lord goffralopithicus is using the laurence holmes / baby mcnown "free rent in your head" gimmick to "call out" some "hater" on twitter who had a thought about how "jason talking about sports" > "jason talking about politics" AT 8:17 IN THE DAMN MORNING! TWITTER WAS A COOL PLACE B4 ALL THE ANGRIES GOT INVOLVED!!!!!!! now he's bemoaning facebook as being shit because grandma's on there with pictures of her dogs, and like, you know hashtag #TheShowAintEvenOnYetDude

BREAKING NEWS: SOME PENN STATE GUY IS GOING TO JAIL NOW FOR FELONY CHILD ENDANGERMENT [SHOULDA CUT THE DEAL, GRAHAM! YOUR HUBRIS SANK YOU! NOW YOU'RE GOING AWAY!!!] -- AND YOU CAN LITERALLY HEAR THE EXCITEMENT IN DAN'S VOICE AS DEEP WOODS GOOF IMPLORES US TO POP THE BUDWEISERS AND BLUE MOONS!!!

but, as usual, tannehill kills it by bumpering out to commercial with celebration!!!!! #CelebrateGoodTimesCOMEON!!!! i need a macro like hitting F9 deposits #WellPlayedTanny cuz he gets a lot of those! #TheOneGuyOnTheShowWithASoul!!!!!!!!!!

edit: i cant help but be amused when go/o/f/f [meaning "goof" or "goff" = the same thing =] bemoans facebook getting lame nowadays cuz everybody and their mom is LITERALLY on there.... seriously, the opening salvo in goff's "let's block sini on every social media place and then call him an angry 'stan' [(obsessive) goff superfan] when he's like WTF?!" -- was when i was hanging out on facebook and occasionally popping up on goff's facebook posts with witty in-context/on-topic comments/observations/witticisms/retorts and then i noticed that he'd just start deleting my comments [and only my comments] --- seeing as i was doing what he ostensibly wanted to do when he kept tapping me on the shoulder @ bourbonnais 2009 [notice that he exists / participate in his online/SOCMEDIA ALS-building-exercises by helping to make his social media accounts THE PLACE TO BE FOR SPORTS NEWS / HOT TAKES / FUNNIES / ETC--- you know, i was just like "wtf? why is this guy singling me out for doing some grade-A quality facebooking here? [insert goof ALSers like spmack and maybe nas thinking "lol sini is delusional enough to think his crazy bullshit is actually 'GRADE A' -- seriously the poor sap just doesnt get it, does he?" HERE]

AHEM. sorry for all those tangents + asides.... but yeah, goff basically started singling out my comments for deletion and eventual de-friending [which led to me msging him like WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU and basically saying "i know i'm dope and that's prolly why you're some weird homo who went out of his way to show me that he exists @ bourbonnais 2009" and he just replied "you're a weird dude" and proceeded to block me everywhere and thusly declare me to be his obsessed superfan (stan)" ---------- so yeah, for goff to claim that facebook sucks now cuz everyone's grandma is on it posting pictures of their dogs like facebook was some awesome place when it was more exclusive/esoteric/elitist years ago.... dude, who you crappin? you used to fuck with me like deleting all my comments on your posts cuz you couldnt stand to have some random loser like me out-shining you via intelligence+wit+candor+style on your own damn facebook, you vain little bitch who probably.... nah. keep it, just keep it cuz y'all knwo what i'm gonna say, and i dont begrudge goffralopithicus for his wonderful taste in [me] but like, still dude, YOU'RE THE FUCKING WEIRDO... not me.

SINCERELY,

# ADMIRAL AWESOME SAILING THE HIGH SEAS OF ADVENTURE ON THE FREE SCOTCH CIRCUIT OF INTERNET WII MARIO KART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by sinicalypse on Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:56 pm 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/24/us/graham-panier-jerry-sandusky-penn-state.html?_r=0

Graham B. Spanier, the former Penn State president, walking to the Dauphin County Courthouse in Harrisburg, Pa., on Friday

Very nice.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:57 pm 

Re: Rick Rude's music, it was the 80s sax lead "stripper" WWF version.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:58 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

Do you mean his debut with the whole Hulkamania redux or do you mean heel Hogan?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:14 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

Do you mean his debut with the whole Hulkamania redux or do you mean heel Hogan?

I think this might have been when Flair had left for WWF. Around the Rude/Vader years, they had Triple H (TerraRizing) and Stone Cold working midcard. Triple H was very low mid-card. They had some nice workers like Great Muta, Pillman, Rude, Vader, Cactus Jack...

I honestly don't listen much-Reared On The Score Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:38 am

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
sinicalypse wrote:
oh lord goffralopithicus is using the laurence holmes / baby mcnown "free rent in your head" gimmick to "call out" some "hater" on twitter who had a thought about how "jason talking about sports" > "jason talking about politics" AT 8:17 IN THE DAMN MORNING! TWITTER WAS A COOL PLACE B4 ALL THE ANGRIES GOT INVOLVED!!!!!!! now he's bemoaning facebook as being shit because grandma's on there with pictures of her dogs, and like, you know hashtag #TheShowAintEvenOnYetDude

BREAKING NEWS: SOME PENN STATE GUY IS GOING TO JAIL NOW FOR FELONY CHILD ENDANGERMENT [SHOULDA CUT THE DEAL, GRAHAM! YOUR HUBRIS SANK YOU! NOW YOU'RE GOING AWAY!!!] -- AND YOU CAN LITERALLY HEAR THE EXCITEMENT IN DAN'S VOICE AS DEEP WOODS GOOF IMPLORES US TO POP THE BUDWEISERS AND BLUE MOONS!!!

but, as usual, tannehill kills it by bumpering out to commercial with celebration!!!!! #CelebrateGoodTimesCOMEON!!!! i need a macro like hitting F9 deposits #WellPlayedTanny cuz he gets a lot of those! #TheOneGuyOnTheShowWithASoul!!!!!!!!!!

edit: i cant help but be amused when go/o/f/f [meaning "goof" or "goff" = the same thing =] bemoans facebook getting lame nowadays cuz everybody and their mom is LITERALLY on there.... seriously, the opening salvo in goff's "let's block sini on every social media place and then call him an angry 'stan' [(obsessive) goff superfan] when he's like WTF?!" -- was when i was hanging out on facebook and occasionally popping up on goff's facebook posts with witty in-context/on-topic comments/observations/witticisms/retorts and then i noticed that he'd just start deleting my comments [and only my comments] --- seeing as i was doing what he ostensibly wanted to do when he kept tapping me on the shoulder @ bourbonnais 2009 [notice that he exists / participate in his online/SOCMEDIA ALS-building-exercises by helping to make his social media accounts THE PLACE TO BE FOR SPORTS NEWS / HOT TAKES / FUNNIES / ETC--- you know, i was just like "wtf? why is this guy singling me out for doing some grade-A quality facebooking here? [insert goof ALSers like spmack and maybe nas thinking "lol sini is delusional enough to think his crazy bullshit is actually 'GRADE A' -- seriously the poor sap just doesnt get it, does he?" HERE]

AHEM. sorry for all those tangents + asides.... but yeah, goff basically started singling out my comments for deletion and eventual de-friending [which led to me msging him like WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU and basically saying "i know i'm dope and that's prolly why you're some weird homo who went out of his way to show me that he exists @ bourbonnais 2009" and he just replied "you're a weird dude" and proceeded to block me everywhere and thusly declare me to be his obsessed superfan (stan)" ---------- so yeah, for goff to claim that facebook sucks now cuz everyone's grandma is on it posting pictures of their dogs like facebook was some awesome place when it was more exclusive/esoteric/elitist years ago.... dude, who you crappin? you used to fuck with me like deleting all my comments on your posts cuz you couldnt stand to have some random loser like me out-shining you via intelligence+wit+candor+style on your own damn facebook, you vain little bitch who probably.... nah. keep it, just keep it cuz y'all knwo what i'm gonna say, and i dont begrudge goffralopithicus for his wonderful taste in [me] but like, still dude, YOU'RE THE FUCKING WEIRDO... not me.

SINCERELY,

# ADMIRAL AWESOME SAILING THE HIGH SEAS OF ADVENTURE ON THE FREE SCOTCH CIRCUIT OF INTERNET WII MARIO KART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously...wtf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:24 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
312player wrote:
Chuck Berry will never be known for song writing or lyrics.

Are you kidding? You could argue that he invented rock and roll. And a lot of his lyrics are far more clever than Dylan's weird stream-of-consciousness rants. Does Dylan have a song better than "Johnny B. Goode"? Certainly not one more important.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:25 pm 

the ghost of t-dub wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

I think this might have been when Flair had left for WWF. Around the Rude/Vader years, they had Triple H (TerraRizing) and Stone Cold working midcard. Triple H was very low mid-card. They had some nice workers like Great Muta, Pillman, Rude, Vader, Cactus Jack...

From solie.org:

The WWF roster for May 1993 was as follows: Hulk Hogan, Tito Santana, "The
Brooklyn Steve Lombardi, Brett "Hitman" Hart, Randy "Macho Man" Savage, Jim
Powers, "The Birdman" Koko B. Ware, "The Model" Rick Martell, "The Million
Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase, Virgil, "Hacksaw" Jim Duggin, Shawn Michaels, "Mr.
Perfect" Curt Hennig, Luke Williams, Butch Miller, Typhoon, The
Undertaker, "The Mountie" Jauques Rougeau, Mike "I.R.S." Rotundo, Beau
Beverly, Blake Beverly, Steve "Doink the Clown" Keirn, "Tatanka" Chris
Chavis, "The Rocket" Owen Hart, Barry Horowitz, Papa Shango, Crush, Fatu,
Samu, Scott "Razor Ramon" Hall, Bob Backlund, Yokozuna, Matt "Doink the
Clown" Borne, "Terrific" Terry Taylor, Damian Demento, Marty Jannette,
Bam-Bam Bigelow, Rick Steiner, Scott Steiner, Jerry "The King" Lawler, "The
Narcissist" Lex Luger, The Giant Gonzales, Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake,
Moe, Mable, Billy Gunn, Bart Gunn, Mr. Hughes, Friar Fergeson The 1-2-3
Kid, Adam Bomb
TOTAL ROSTER: 50

The WCW roster for May 1993 was as follows: "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton, Sting,
Michael "P.S." Hayes, "The All-American" Ron Simmons, "Fly'in" Brian
Pillman, "The Z-Man" Tom Zenk, Arn Anderson, Brad Armstrong, "The Lone
Wolf" Barry Windham, Big Van Vader, "The Natural" Dustin Rhodes, Johnny B.
Badd, "Stunning" Steve Austin, Cactus Jack, "Ravishing" Rick Rude, Ricky
"The Dragon" Steamboat, "Diamond" Dallas Page, Marcus Alexander Bagwell,
Eric Watts, Johnny Gunn, Tex Slazenger, Shanghi Pierce, "Mr. Wonderful"
Paul Orndorff, 2 Cold Scorpio, Steve Regal, Chris Benoit, Max Pain, Rage,
Pain, "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair, Kent Cole, Keith Cole, "The British
Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith, Sid Vicious, "Pretty" Paul Roma
TOTAL ROSTER: 34

The WWF roster for May 1994 was as follows: "MVP" Steve Lombardi, Brett
"Hitman" Hart, Randy "Macho Man" Savage, Jim Powers, Virgil, Shawn
Michaels, Luke Williams, Butch Miller,The Undertaker, "The Mountie" Jauques
Rougeau, Mike "I.R.S." Rotundo, "Tatanka" Chris Chavis, "The Rocket" Owen
Hart, Barry Horowitz, Crush, Fatu, Samu, Scott "Razor Ramon" Hall, Bob
Backlund, Yokozuna, Bam-Bam Bigelow, Jerry "The King" Lawler, "Made in the
USA" Lex Luger, Moe, Mable, Billy Gunn, Bart Gunn, The 1-2-3 Kid, Adam
Bomb, Diesel, Timothy Well, Steven Dunn, Pierre Oullete, "The Doctor of
Desire" Tom Pritchard, "The Gigolo" Jimmy Del Ray, Phil "Doink the Clown"
Apollo, Alundra Blayze, "Double J." Jeff Jarrett, The Mighty Kwang, Bob
"Spark Plugg" Holly, The Earthquake, Nikolia Volkoff, Duke "The Dumpster"
Droese
TOTAL ROSTER: 44

The WCW roster for June 1994 was as follows: "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton,
Sting, "Fly'in" Brian Pillman, "The Enforcer" Arn Anderson, Brad Armstrong,
Big Van Vader, "The Natural" Dustin Rhodes, Johnny B. Badd, "Stunning"
Steve Austin, Cactus Jack, Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, "Diamond" Dallas
Page, Marcus Alexander Bagwell, "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff, Lord Steve
Regal, Max Pain, "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair, "Pretty" Paul Roma, Stevie
Ray, Booker T., Dave Sullivan, Brian Knobbs, Jerry Saggs, Mark Starr, Terry
Taylor, The Guardian Angel, Kevin Sullivan, The Patriot, Bunkhouse Buck,
Steve Armstrong, Brian Armstrong, Meng, Terry Ryzing, "Das Wunderkind" Alex
Wright, Frank Andersson, Terry Funk, Hulk Hogan, Brutus Beefcake
TOTAL ROSTER: 37

The WWF roster for May 1995 was as follows: "The Brooklyn Brawler" Steve
Lombardi, Brett "Hitman" Hart, "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels, Luke
Williams, Butch Miller, The Undertaker, Mike "I.R.S." Rotundo, "Tatanka"
Chris Chavis, "The King of Harts" Owen Hart, Barry Horowitz, Fatu, Scott
"Razor Ramon" Hall, Mr. Bob Backlund, Yokozuna, Bam-Bam Bigelow, Jerry "The
King" Lawler, "Made in the USA" Lex Luger, Moe, Mable, Billy Gunn, Bart
Gunn, The 1-2-3 Kid, Adam Bomb, "Big Daddy Cool" Diesel, Jean Pierre
LaFitte, "The Doctor of Desire" Tom Pritchard, "The Gigolo" Jimmy Del Ray,
Phil "Doink the Clown" Apollo, Alundra Blayze, "Double J." Jeff Jarrett,
The Mighty Kwang, Bob "Spark Plugg" Holly, Duke "The Dumpster" Droese, "The
British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith, King Kong Bundy, "The Portugese Man 'o
War" Aldo Montoya, Henry Godwinn, Hakushi, Chris "Skip" Candido, Louie "Rad
Radford" Spicolli, Man Mountain Rock, "The Roadie" Brian Armstrong, Jacob
Blu, Eli Blu, "Psycho" Sid Justice, Bertha Faye, Hunter Hearst Helmsley,
Eric "Troy" Watts, Chad "Travis" Fortune
TOTAL ROSTER: 49

The WCW roster for May 1995 was as follows: Earl Bobby Eaton, Sting,
"Fly'in" Brian Pillman, "The Enforcer" Arn Anderson, Big Van Vader, Johnny
B. Badd, "Stunning" Steve Austin, "Diamond" Dallas Page, Marcus Alexander
Bagwell, "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff, Lord Steve Regal, "The Nature Boy"
Ric Flair, Stevie Ray, Booker T., Dave Sullivan, Brian Knobbs, Jerry Saggs,
Mark Starr, The Guardian Angel, Kevin Sullivan, Bunkhouse Buck, Steve
Armstrong, Meng, "Das Wunderkind" Alex Wright, Hulk Hogan, Brutus Beefcake,
"Hacksaw" Jim Duggin, "Jump'in" Joey Maggs, The Avalanche, "Dirty" Dick
Slaytor, Scott Armstrong, Randy "Macho Man" Savage, Sgt. Craig "Pitbull"
Pittman, The Renegade
TOTAL ROSTER: 34

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:25 pm 

Berry was the basically the inventor of rock and roll...with a touch of sini on the side.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:27 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
312player wrote:

Are you kidding? You could argue that he invented rock and roll. And a lot of his lyrics are far more clever than Dylan's weird stream-of-consciousness rants. Does Dylan have a song better than "Johnny B. Goode"? Certainly not one more important.

I'd take Berry over Dylan all day long.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:28 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

No, before Hogan got there in the first place, which was what, late '93, early '94? WCW then was barely even a national promotion, they taped almost all their stuff in either Atlanta or Orlando. You had Flair and Sting, of course, but also guys like Vader and Ron Simmons at the top, guys I remember better as buried WWF mid-carders years later. Not to mention Cactus Jack and Steve Austin hanging around.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
GoldenJet wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
312player wrote:

I'd take Berry over Dylan all day long.

I agree. I find Dylan to be severely overrated.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Franky T wrote:

Goff Harrelson: "I tell ya, that Chuck Berry could pen a number one hit in his sleep like nobody's business but he never could connect on a 3 and 2 count like ol‘ Yaz did..."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Walt Williams Neck wrote:
312player wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Just CH being his smarmy ass 8)
I never gave much thought to his lyrics either but according to Greg Kot maybe we should have. From Kot's tribute...

Chuck Berry, who died Saturday at 90, was one of the architects of rock ’n’ roll, as a singer, songwriter and guitarist. More than any artist of the 1950s, his songs exploded with imagery that saw rock ’n’ roll not just as a fad but as the future — a vision of freedom that transcended generation and race.

(Maybelline) was as distinctive lyrically as it was musically. In the first line of his first hit, Berry coined the term “motorvatin’,” as if he were bent on reinventing the English language even as he invented rock ’n’ roll. The longtime critic Robert Christgau called him “the greatest rock lyricist this side of Bob Dylan.” Narratives populated with images of cars, girls and school brimmed with humor and underdog charm.

At a time when most grown-ups sneered at rock ’n’ roll as mere juvenilia, Berry invested it with poetic power. Rock ’n’ roll, in his telling, was more than just a passing fad, “kids music” that would be dismissed and forgotten in a year or two. In the vision laid out in Berry songs from “Roll Over Beethoven” to “Back in the U.S.A.,” rock ’n’ roll was a world of endless possibility, a promised land where even a poor black kid could be a star.

His lyrics invariably identified with teenagers in their endless struggle with adult authority, and championed the idea that fun was just as much a part of growing up as preparing to be an adult. But he also infiltrated the charts with seemingly upbeat songs that painted subtle portraits of racism (“Brown Eyed Handsome Man”) and satirized the workday runaround (“Too Much Monkey Business”).

He also celebrated his newborn sound and its break from the past. As an African-American who had his fill of the status quo, there was double-edged meaning when he sang, “Hail, hail rock ’n’ roll / Deliver me from the days of old.”

The narrators and protagonists in his songs were inevitably thinly veiled alter egos, never more so than “Johnny B. Goode,” the little country boy “who could play his guitar just like a-ringin’ a bell.” He also demonstrated a feel for Latin music in “Havana Moon,” doo-wop in “Almost Grown” and deep blues in “Childhood Sweetheart.” From 1955 to 1959 he had nine Top 40 hits, an African-American in his 30s who embodied the yearning, joy and frustrations of a largely white, teenage audience.

Last edited by Zippy-The-Pinhead on Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:35 pm 

Bob Dylan owns. Well, everything up through Desire, at least. I'll hear none of this "overrated" shit; I'd prefer to hear "Absolutely Sweet Marie." But the point is, we would never have rock music as we know it without Chuck Berry and Bob Dylan, and I'm sure Dylan himself would attest that he wouldn't have been what he was without Chuck Berry.

Last edited by Curious Hair on Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.