It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:48 am 

1) He pronounced "these, them and those" as "deese, dem and does"
2) His highest academic achievement was a high school diploma
3) He did not complete one academic year of higher education
4) He too often viewed human interaction through the narrow scope of a racial lens
5) He had an incomplete understanding of mathematical metrics as applied to sports
6) He overly accentuated his accent in certain situations to provide him credibility

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:50 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Senor and Jason are both more Mike North than they are Rick Telander, but they don't know it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:54 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Senor and Jason are both more Mike North than they are Rick Telander, but they don't know it.

I don't know what you are talking about. I am only writing about what made Mike North stupid radio in those days before we became smarter listeners.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:56 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
good dolphin wrote:
4) He too often viewed human interaction through the narrow scope of a racial lens
5) He had an incomplete understanding of mathematical metrics as applied to sports
6) He overly accentuated his accent in certain situations to provide him credibility

I believe #2 is false. His highest academic achievement is a G.E.D., isn't it?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:03 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
North at his worst is better than than that abortion of Goff n Bernstein. North is an upgrade over any current score host not named Parkins.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:07 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
312player wrote:
North at his worst is better than than that abortion of Goff n Bernstein. North is an upgrade over any current score host not named Parkins.

This is actually true .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:18 am 

312player wrote:

I will not defend Mike North at his worst. His worst was the height of self indulgence, was borderline racist and was horribly un entertaining.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:27 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
good dolphin wrote:
312player wrote:

I will not defend Mike North at his worst. His worst was the height of self indulgence, was borderline racist and was horribly un entertaining.

That's a great description of Bernstein's show the last 8 years.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:38 am 
Site Admin

312player wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
312player wrote:

That's a great description of Bernstein's show the last 8 years.

:lol: I think it's actually a better description of bernstein. North's racism wasn't really borderline. And he was at least occasionally entertaining.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:43 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
312 is on fire in this thread. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:45 am 

How old is Jason?

When he talks of "oldheads" does he think that either he or Bernstein would not be considered old by people in their 20s? He will see that on the first day of kindergarten for his kid, he is going to be the oldest father in the room.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:47 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
good dolphin wrote:
How old is Jason?

He's gotta be what, 34, 35? I think he seems older because he's been at the Score seemingly forever, maybe even back to the Belmont days in some capacity.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:47 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
North's racism is comparable to Don Rickles racism. It was all good-natured fun.

Fuck this PC culture. Bunch of homo's.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:57 am 

North got into his own head and became crippled by that. If he just would have continued to be himself...instead of SOOOO full of himself and becoming fake, he would still be viable today. He is an afterthought to me now.

North sucks!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:59 am 
Site Admin

jimmypasta wrote:
It was all good-natured fun.

That could be the town motto of Elmwood Park!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:00 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
jimmypasta wrote:
North's racism is comparable to Don Rickles racism. It was all good-natured fun.

Fuck this PC culture. Bunch of homo's.

I was thinking about that as I read but I came up with North's brand being more Archie Bunker. I have no idea but if I were someone that could be subjected to racism I would fear Bernstein's brand more than North's.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:05 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:08 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

You are a funny guy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
1.5m for a guy with a GED ...pretty good.Paved way the for big salaries of Duke graduates :D

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:

Ya know, if you take away #1, you're describing Jason Goff.

Jason Goff is the black Mike North.

Ain't that a kick in the head?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:38 am 

pizza_Place: Danny's
Jason truly seems to find a way to involve race at least once every fuckin time I turn B&G on (which is hardly ever). I wasn't a fan of North except when he was paired w/Doug & despite agreeing North had his so-called racist moments it wasnt the continuous onslaught I get from Goff. I was a long time B&B guy but Goff has an agenda & it's ruined an already declining show for me.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:32 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Whispering Eye wrote:
Jason truly seems to find a way to involve race at least once every fuckin time I turn B&G on (which is hardly ever). I wasn't a fan of North except when he was paired w/Doug & despite agreeing North had his so-called racist moments it wasnt the continuous onslaught I get from Goff. I was a long time B&B guy but Goff has an agenda & it's ruined an already declining show for me.

Jason had something interesting to say. I can only half ass paraphrase but he was taking a shot at Bernsie et al. He was talking about Kaepernick in general and how racial things get talked about. He went on to say that there are people (older white males) that sort of get left behind as things evolve and that a small amount of them get caught up clinging to some things that might be wrong or distasteful. His main point though was that these people have concerns. They should be listened to and engaged in conversation. Their rights or concerns are real and may lead to more of a better understanding of the big picture and therefore progress.

He specifically pointed out that "some" perch themselves up on high and yell and shout down these people wanting to appear right minded and so on. He said that was the wrong way to do it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:26 am 

Beardown wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

No, Jason also pronounces those words in #1 the same as North did. It is slightly more subtle but Jason is a deese, dem and does guy.

However, my original post is 100% only about North and any similarities inferred by any others are purely coincidental.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:29 am 

pittmike wrote:
Whispering Eye wrote:

Jason had something interesting to say. I can only half ass paraphrase but he was taking a shot at Bernsie et al. He was talking about Kaepernick in general and how racial things get talked about. He went on to say that there are people (older white males) that sort of get left behind as things evolve and that a small amount of them get caught up clinging to some things that might be wrong or distasteful. His main point though was that these people have concerns. They should be listened to and engaged in conversation. Their rights or concerns are real and may lead to more of a better understanding of the big picture and therefore progress.

He specifically pointed out that "some" perch themselves up on high and yell and shout down these people wanting to appear right minded and so on. He said that was the wrong way to do it.

old, African American men can also be conservative and talk about the crazy stuff these youngsters do

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:35 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Curious Hair wrote:

I'd go with skip Bayless for Senor, tho I've always said that's his Rosebud.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:38 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Whispering Eye wrote:

Same thing happened to Colin Kaepernick when his bad-at-quarterbacking ass saw the writing on the wall that his run as a NFL starting QB was over so he needed to think up something to get himself some headlines. Protests ensue.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:02 pm 

312player wrote:

True

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:05 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Whispering Eye wrote:

Such bullshit. Jason is the one not willing to have the "conversation."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

McDude wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Whispering Eye wrote:

Such bullshit. Jason is the one not willing to have the "conversation."

Right. Jason says that cuz it sounds like the right thing to say. Then he'll shout down guys like Boomer Esiasan when he has the opinion that you should stand for the National Anthem.