It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 4/3: It's drinky!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

Goff's ass is off. He's making fresh meals all day long. You best believe.

Today's topics.

1. Despite being bad, Jason Heyward is good.

2. Don't marry a girl solely because she likes your sports team.

3. Sports fans are stupid.

4. Hockey people are more stupid than sports fans

Post subject: Re: 4/3: It's drinky!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
I guess let's just text about ice girls then

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
The Heyward stuff makes me want to puke. Why do people keep trying to justify his salary? It's a complete waste of money.

For those worried why Almora was not in the line-up last night, well it's Heyward. I'd rather have Montero's bat in the line-up over Heyward.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:27 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
denisdman wrote:
The Heyward stuff makes me want to puke. Why do people keep trying to justify his salary? It's a complete waste of money.

For those worried why Almora was not in the line-up last night, well it's Heyward. I'd rather have Montero's bat in the line-up over Heyward.

It's Tom Rickett's and the rest of the dirty tea-bagging super pact Ricketts family $$$.

Until it interferes with the Cubs being able to re-sign a young stud, I'll never give a fuck about how much Heyward makes.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:43 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
denisdman wrote:

He sucks. Period. It's like no one wants to admit it. The keep tying themselves up in verbal knots talking about what the Cubs saw in his "untapped power potential" and his leadership and his defense.....blah, blah, blah. They have basically given 180 million dollars to Brooks Robinson.

I've just accepted he is not going to get much better and that's that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Peoria Matt wrote:
denisdman wrote:

He sucks. Period. It's like no one wants to admit it. The keep tying themselves up in verbal knots talking about what the Cubs saw in his "untapped power potential" and his leadership and his defense.....blah, blah, blah. They have basically given 180 million dollars to Brooks Robinson.

Brooks Robinson had almost 3,000 hits.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:50 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Chus wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Scratch that. Make it Mark Belanger.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Peoria Matt wrote:
Chus wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
denisdman wrote:

:lol: Much better.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Caller Bob wrote:
denisdman wrote:

It's Tom Rickett's and the rest of the dirty tea-bagging super pact Ricketts family $$$.

Until it interferes with the Cubs being able to re-sign a young stud, I'll never give a fuck about how much Heyward makes.

Do you give a fuck about Heyward blocking players with more talent simply because of his salary? And yes his cost will force the Cubs to not pursue or fail to sign other players. All teams have budgets.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

denisdman wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Do you give a fuck about Heyward blocking players with more talent simply because of his salary? And yes his cost will force the Cubs to not pursue or fail to sign other players. All teams have budgets.

Also, let's say they never signed Heyward. They still would have won the World Series last year. And maybe that spent money could have been used to lock up Bryant to a long term deal with him giving up a couple of free agent years. That money does matter.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Who is trying to justify Heyward? BernStine?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

leashyourkids wrote:

Yes. Because Theo signed him, he's good. The entire defense and base running makes him good despite the fact that he sucks at hitting. That's pretty much the argument. What does base running matter when you're not on base? And when he is on base, how many complicated base running decisions are needed? Not many.

But he's making 20 million plus. I'll bet there are hundreds of guys in the minors that can play good defense and run the bases well while hitting .225. But you only have to pay those guys 800k.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:52 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
It's all good, the Cubbie Network is starting soon, that will be worth a billion or two.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:16 pm 

Beardown wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Yes. Because Theo signed him, he's good. The entire defense and base running makes him good despite the fact that he sucks at hitting. That's pretty much the argument. What does base running matter when you're not on base? And when he is on base, how many complicated base running decisions are needed? Not many.

But he's making 20 million plus. I'll bet there are hundreds of guys in the minors that can play good defense and run the bases well while hitting .225. But you only have to pay those guys 800k.

Is he seriously defending the signing in its entirety?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
Heyward is lost $$$. Forget it and move on. Fuck it. Bad mistake just like Edwin Jackson. Eat it and move on for Chrissakes.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

Why is there a need to defend the signing? Is this just protection of Theo?

The Cubs are not being limited financially by the signing and they just won a World Series.

I don't think Heyward is horrible, but that's a lot to pay for great base-running and defense.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Wouldn't be surprised if one of Dan's "sources" tells him that Heyward isn't following the coaches' hitting advice and that's why he continues to struggle.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:45 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Wouldn't be surprised if one of Dan's "sources" tells him that Heyward isn't following the coaches' hitting advice and that's why he continues to struggle.

Smokes too much weed at night.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:11 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
(sigh) He should spend more time listening to Theo and less time listening to Jonathan Toews.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:56 am 

at least he took less money to play for the Cubs

Remember, this is the guy Theo plugged in to his OF projection chart early in his taking the Cub job. He used that as part of the sale job to Lester more than a year prior to signing him.

I just hope poor Theo isn't forced to go on a spending spree by Ricketts like he was in Boston.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:59 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Peoria Matt wrote:
Chus wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Except Belanger was a premium second baseman and Heyward is a corner outfielder.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:18 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
He's sunk costs. You have to pay the guy. Might as well use a 1 fWar player. I assume Almora will start against some lefties.

I still hold out hope that he figures it out. He's seeing a steady diet of first pitch fastballs so far. I assume he's still hung up after getting hit in the head, and it's affecting his mental approach. Of bigger concern to me is Zobrist...it's just one game but he didn't look competent at the plate. This is a guy who started out last year on fire, so this will bear watching.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:25 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I wouldn't worry about Zobrist, that's one guy who shows up consistently. Anybody who can't recognize that Heyward blows is an idiot. He's in trade able and can only hope he improves to slightly below average at the plate.