It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I was pretty much out on Bernstein and Goff shortly after it began*, but they're not helping matters by how they produce the podcast feed lately.

You can see the timestamps of when they're uploaded here (https://api.radio.com/v2/podcast/rss/79 ... t=MP3_128K), used to be they'd come out hourly shortly after the hour concluded. Now hour 1 doesn't get uploaded until 5:30 at the earliest. I'm not jonesing to listen to anything that much later after it being live, and this is typically after the commute aka podcast o'clock. And worse, how am I to know "it's on!" before it's actually on?!?!

Additionally, it doesn't look like they participate in the '670 The Score Interviews' feed, which is how I consume most WSCR (as typically guests >> hosts >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> callers). So, for example, I don't have to download a whole Mully&Hanley Hour to get 10 minutes of Peter Gammons. But I have to skip through Goff's countless vocal tics, yeahyeahyeah (once you hear them, you can't un-hear them) to get to their guest. Though Goff sucks with guests anyway*, maybe even guests are no longer worth listening to.

Hope management (WSCR management, not management the poster) sees this and they at least care enough to give the show a chance to succeed with picky on-demand listeners like myself. The morning show and Spiegel and Parkins seem to get theirs up in a more timely manner, and perhaps not as a coincidence I listen to them more.

* As for why the show sucks in general, this thread(viewtopic.php?f=24&t=105532) was pretty spot-on. And I'm a huge NBA fan...who'd rather listen to an NBA Podcast than hear a former CBA announcer and failed Bulls reporter provide analysis like "this guy is the guy, not just a guy"

*new LoHo section * mods learn how to merge topics * allow mods to be added to foes list * move fragility topics from DB/Shoutouts to Politics *

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Mitch Rosen should be given the wicker man treatment for how shitty 670 has become.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:44 pm 

Great podcast today.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:46 pm 

This guy listens!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Yeah, I was surprised to see someone admit to listening or at least trying to listen.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Reared on the Score wrote:
Hope management (WSCR management, not management the poster) sees this and they at least care enough to give the show a chance to succeed with picky on-demand listeners like myself.

On-demand listeners aren't picky in the world of podcasting now. Blame the Score for not hiring interns anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:26 pm 

pizza_Place: No Place
Podcasts have terrible functionality. And half the time they don't play. It's too bad.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
MHSPBGLHLG wrote:
Podcasts have terrible functionality. And half the time they don't play. It's too bad.

You work there, don't you. Bring it up with your IT. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
670's online functionality has always been embarrassingly bad.