It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 4/12: The WSCR Grapevine
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
I tuned in to transition about 1:20. Leery was in mid-sentence saying "I'm doing just fine. I'm OK." and then something along the lines of "I'm just trying to do my art in my own time." I guess this was in reference to something that had previously come up on the Speigel and Parkins show about people not wanting to work with Parkins because they were mad that an outsider (Parkins) got the job or people like Leery and Abbattacola being mad that hey were passed over for a full-time hosting gig yet again.

Parkins said: "For the record, I have put in to work with you as well as with several other people." and he also made a comment about all the "WSCR gossip."

LOL at Leery referring to what he does as "art."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:40 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I missed the call but there seemed to be laughter during the mid day show that said Larry was at the studio door ready to talk. Must be related to can't do it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:50 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
pittmike wrote:
I missed the call but there seemed to be laughter during the mid day show that said Larry was at the studio door ready to talk. Must be related to can't do it.

Caller asked if Parkins thought he was more qualified for the midday spot than Holmes. Parkins reply was (paraphrasing) "Yes. And I would say the same thing about anyone else you could bring up. Of course I think I'm qualified for the spot. Why would I think I'm not?" He brought up Holmes comment about being disappointed he didn't get the midday spot.

Nothing wrong with it, IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Tad Queasy wrote:
I tuned in to transition about 1:20. Leery was in mid-sentence saying "I'm doing just fine. I'm OK." and then something along the lines of "I'm just trying to do my art in my own time." I guess this was in reference to something that had previously come up on the Speigel and Parkins show about people not wanting to work with Parkins because they were mad that an outsider (Parkins) got the job or people like Leery and Abbattacola being mad that hey were passed over for a full-time hosting gig yet again.

Parkins said: "For the record, I have put in to work with you as well as with several other people." and he also made a comment about all the "WSCR gossip."

[img]

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Italian Fiesta
The Score is filled with thin skinned little bitches. Parkins is the only adult and seems like a genuinely good guy and professional. That's probably how he got the job. Matty can't speak and Larry is a dork and a sycophant.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
$5000 Suit wrote:
The Score is filled with thin skinned little bitches. Parkins is the only adult and seems like a genuinely good guy and professional. That's probably how he got the job. Matty can't speak and Larry is a dork and a sycophant.

Parkins, like Patrick Mannelley, seems to be surprised and disappointed by the H.S. mentality/bitchiness of the hosts at the station.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:47 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
It's sad when Parkins is the most likeable guy on the station now. Too many safe space libs on this station who think they deserve to be respected like former hosts on this station who actually could draw a crowd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Tad Queasy wrote:
$5000 Suit wrote:

Parkins, like Patrick Mannelley, seems to be surprised and disappointed by the H.S. mentality/bitchiness of the hosts at the station.

I thought MAnnelley just couldn't talk sports for like 20hrs a week. Please tell if there is more to that.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Mannelly didn't want to talk sports other than football.

He also has a face for television.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:32 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
I hope this doesn't lead to workplace violence. I could picture these guys rolling around the floor with a Mic cord wrapped around Parkins neck.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Matty:

You mean like when Dan parrots everything Joe Sheahan says?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Yeah, Matt and Jason have spent the last 8 minutes just ripping Bernstein to shreds. The crack about Sheehan when they described a Deadpool character as Joe Sheehan was incredible. Then some more quips about Dan only hanging out with white people.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Yet, it will all be forgotten when Dan returns.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Walt Williams Neck wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

[img]

:lol: :lol: :lol: